• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tayaya

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I am seriously kicking myself for not getting back on board the Destiny train earlier than I did. The game after you hit light level 50 just breaks wide open, and there is just so much to do that it really feels like I'll never see it all. Some parts are repetitive but right now I am invested in more exotic quests then I can shake a stick at, having a hell of a fun time with Gambit (Crucible still sucks ass, though), and just enjoying immersing myself in what I've always thought was a great universe to explore.

Anthem being broken was the best thing that could have happened, because it got me interested in giving this game a second chance.

I need to find someone willing to stoop down to my level to do the Leviathan raid, though. We have a group of 3 that play nightly, but we know that's not enough players. With newer raids out there it seems like no one's interested in the old one.

Is the Annual Pass worth it? $35 seems steep but I'm sick of seeing "Requires Annual Pass" by things that look interesting.

Hunter-Zero

Oct 28, 2017
Ladies and gentlemen, I don't impress easily but

r6g8aiw5szz6d639.jpg

I've been impressed. I'm about to delete ALL of my other kinetic legendary hand cannons, with maybe the exception of a Duke or two and Midnight Coup of course. I don't think I've used a hand cannon that felt this...right? I think the recoil animation just really works for me.
Yeah, i´ve been reading about this one and sounds really sweet, i really need to start playing Gambit Prime, that recoil direction of 100 with a wooping 92 aim assistance should be amazing with the right perks

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I need to find someone willing to stoop down to my level to do the Leviathan raid, though. We have a group of 3 that play nightly, but we know that's not enough players. With newer raids out there it seems like no one's interested in the old one.
You should be able to find some people on the Destiny LFG Discord.

Can't wait to jump back in. I'm almost mad that I'm going to see Captain Marvel this evening while I could be playing D2, even though that's my most anticipated movie of the year and I didn't manage to make time for it until today.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017

Cammy...I swear this man is not even human. I've watched so many reviews of Liar's Handshake where talented youtubers can barely get it to proc. Meanwhile this dude is rocking a sniper & a Fighting Lion and using them + LH to solo entire squads with melees. How.

I watched that video yesterday and had the same reaction. He's extremely good at Crucible and highly entertaining to watch. Actually I've watched a lot of his stuff and I like how he takes non-standard loadouts and still wrecks with them (Militia's Birthright and Vestian Dynasty, sure!, Spiteful Fang and Anonymous Autumn with Two-Tailed Fox ((on a Warlock)), why not?!

He said in one of his videos (and this has been a while back so these numbers are higher now) but he has over 600 hours on each of his characters on the PC alone with his Titan being his most played by a little bit and most of that is in the Crucible.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Used Thorn in PVE and finally got the first L O R E piece. Only 8 more to go.... woo buddy

Ant78

Oct 27, 2017
Spare Rations is legit. I managed to get one from Drifter with Fluted Barrel, Ricochet Rounds, Field Prep, and Swashbuckler after finishing my first T1 Reckoning last week. It hasn't left my Kinetic slot since and I'm usually not a huge hand cannon guy.

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Make sure to do your bounties every day, that helps a lot.

Unfortunately PS3 never got Rise of Iron, plus they made it so you can't port your account forward (I don't think?). Still, it has a good raid if you can find people!

I mostly got it to play through the story (yea, I know it's not the greatest) to get caught up and then play Destiny 2 on PC (I don't have current gen consoles).

LeonLeon

Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Chile
I am seriously kicking myself for not getting back on board the Destiny train earlier than I did. The game after you hit light level 50 just breaks wide open, and there is just so much to do that it really feels like I'll never see it all. Some parts are repetitive but right now I am invested in more exotic quests then I can shake a stick at, having a hell of a fun time with Gambit (Crucible still sucks ass, though), and just enjoying immersing myself in what I've always thought was a great universe to explore.

Anthem being broken was the best thing that could have happened, because it got me interested in giving this game a second chance.

Is the Annual Pass worth it? $35 seems steep but I'm sick of seeing "Requires Annual Pass" by things that look interesting.

Im down doing a first time Leviathan raid on PC.

Nov 14, 2017

Oh, cool. Join the Discord. I'll run Levi with you; and maybe we can run Levi Prestige too? (I need the catalyst that drops 😸).

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
I finally got my Phoenix fucking Protocol this morning at 2 am, in Shattered Throne. Jesus Christ... FINALLY. Now I just need Arbalest and the new Hunter arms and my exotic collection is complete.

Also, 691, without any serious grinding or min/maxing and 685 on my alts. All thanks to stupidly good RNG. I'm ready for Tier 3 Reckoning. I don't imagine it being hard at all.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I finally got my Phoenix fucking Protocol this morning at 2 am, in Shattered Throne. Jesus Christ... FINALLY. Now I just need Arbalest and the new Hunter arms and my exotic collection is complete.

Also, 691, without any serious grinding or min/maxing and 685 on my alts. All thanks to stupidly good RNG. I'm ready for Tier 3 Reckoning. I don't imagine it being hard at all.

Is Arbalest even available yet? Haven't heard if it drops anywhere.

FashionTarkus

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Last night I started my void kill Thorn quest in comp, which means I had to take Jotunn off my arm.
It was a sad, sad night :(

Ikelos HC is doing work though, if only I could play with less potatoes.
How do you have a luna and not know how to play control?

Tayaya

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Oh, cool. Join the Discord. I'll run Levi with you; and maybe we can run Levi Prestige too? (I need the catalyst that drops 😸).

I'm down for whatever up through Power Level 600, which I hit last night on my warlock. My fiance is a 400 Titan, and I have a guy from back home with a 670 Titan. None of us have run any of the raids since Vault of Glass!

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017

This is exactly what happened to me. I skipped vanilla and went straight to Forsaken, which I loved. Me and my friend made it to the Dreaming City but he quit and I didn't want to play alone so I did as well. Now, I am back with 4 of my friends this time and we all can really see just how good this game is. The Annual Pass is worth it for sure, it adds even more layers to the level 50 explosion of activities.

Im down doing a first time Leviathan raid on PC.

We are actually trying to find people for a blind run of a raid this weekend :D

Tayaya

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
This is exactly what happened to me. I skipped vanilla and went straight to Forsaken, which I loved. Me and my friend made it to the Dreaming City but he quit and I didn't want to play alone so I did as well. Now, I am back with 4 of my friends this time and we all can really see just how good this game is. The Annual Pass is worth it for sure, it adds even more layers to the level 50 explosion of activities.

We are actually trying to find people for a blind run of a raid this weekend :D

Add me on PSN - Fibblesteaks is the username! We usually play after 8PM Eastern time once the kids are in bed, but sometimes pop on in the day on weekends too depending on what we have going on.

Arkanius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

If you are on PC I can help you guys do Levi for the first time. Plenty of people willing to help.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017

Kinda me ATM, with Anthem bring broken beyond repair (my opinion). I picked up the session pass and am having a ton of fun, was away from Destiny for a while.

These exotic quest steps forcing me into crucible have to go...

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Ladies and gentlemen, I don't impress easily but

r6g8aiw5szz6d639.jpg

I've been impressed. I'm about to delete ALL of my other kinetic legendary hand cannons, with maybe the exception of a Duke or two and Midnight Coup of course. I don't think I've used a hand cannon that felt this...right? I think the recoil animation just really works for me.
Very nice. So far Trust is the only other non-exotic handcannon that has felt as good to use as a well-rolled Spare Rations. Plus its even got the same break reload animation, which is always points in its favor, aesthetically.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Uhh just watched Teawrex on Twitch do tier 3 and it's the same exact thing as T2?

Edit: he did it again and it's different
I'm guessing it's a chance between Swords encounter and Oryx encounter

Last edited:

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Had a crazy good night for loot last night, got a good roll on my Hammerhead and even got Le Monarque as well. Leveling up both my Hunter and Warlock in tandem. Wanna try to get through a raid sometime this weekend.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
Don't forget to go back to the Drifter after you complete the Invitation of the IX stuff. He has some new dialog.

It's very, very interesting how he reacts.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Are the supposed Gambit match solo making fixes in the game yet? I just got into a game against a 4 stack, clearly wearing decked out Gambit Prime armour. Really wish unlocking tiers of Reckoning wasn't tied to playing Gambit Prime.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Yeah, if you get a Duke Mk.44 with Rampage and Outlaw or Drop Mag, keep it. One of these years when I have enough cores to burn I want to MW mine. Not only does it hit like a truck it also has insane range for a HC.
Yeah, best drop I've got with it so far has outlaw and moving target (I think?). They're dropping fairly frequently though, so it's only a matter of time until I get a rampage/outlaw drop and I will definitely be mw'ing it.

Dec 2, 2017
Yeah, best drop I've got with it so far has outlaw and moving target (I think?). They're dropping fairly frequently though, so it's only a matter of time until I get a rampage/outlaw drop and I will definitely be mw'ing it.
If you like Duke, make a run at Warden's Law when Warden of Nothing is up on nightfalls. Once I got a good rampage roll on that I put all my Dukes away, it's the same archetype but with better hit registration. Feels badass too.

Status
Not open for further replies.