• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
New menace shows up in Gambit. People camping the invasion portal. Saw a rando doing that, literally standing 5-7 yards away waiting for the portal the whole time, not helping us defeat enemies or anything. I'm sure he had bounty objectives tied to invading like I do and only cared about himself.

Stands to reason, everyone is going to want to invade for the most part. It's the rockstar role. People fight over the portal.

Also, I did the 4 gambit matches weekly milestone, dunno if this was always the case but it gave me a +1. So what even gives +5 if the drifter doesn't after everybody claims he did? Just scourge if they fixed it? They probably gave scourge +5 and took them away from drifter knowing how stupid bungie is. But cant say if the reckoning milestone is +5 since I havent done it yet this week.

And oh boy, my baby bygones just melts so buttery in crucible. With kill clip doing 41 to the head, straight up and down recoil, easy two taps (less than) for days. It's hard to use a primary in todays crucible, but such as you can it can hang with the hopped up hand cannons. What a blessing that roll dropping into my lap was.

If it had circa 48 meter range like blast furnace instead of 40, it'd have no weakness. Well for a pulse. There might be some type of rangfinder roll that could go out to 43-44 meters. I'd have to check out light.gg to find the true one in a million god roll.
Edit: lookin at light my roll is probably perfect except arrowhead brake barrel, would I guess mean you dont have to use CB, which would free it up for targeting adjuster. Everything else it's arguable at worst. Oh and I'd easily prefer a stability MW over my handling one, that''s a biggie. Those are the only 2 things keeping it from being 100% perfect in theory IMO. Even the handling vs stability MW is kind of arguable, I mean you are giving up handling to get stability.

Last edited:

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
Is it too much of an issue to require weapons with the same rolls, that I did not mean to get rid of? Or why cant they just have a static roll if you re-buy it instead of denying me the opportunity to get it back. I didnt mean to dismantle my Hammerhead a month ago, and I will never get another one the way this is going.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Most of that stuff is listed on bungie.net I think in the Fireteam section. You can access it with your mobile device with the Destiny 2 app. Works really well for finding groups for just about anything.

Dec 2, 2017
They're probably working on a bounty or the Invader triumphs.
Yeah, people have been doing this as long as there's been gambit. The only time I ever got tilted by a teammate was when I had a match where a guy just stood next to the portal spamming dance emotes the whole time until it opened & jumped through. Worst part was he wasn't even a competent invader. I started warlock slapping him for a while then promptly went to discord. Never solo queue for anything other than knocking out a quick daily.

Deleted member 2507

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So is this normal in Gambit?
When invading, the game really doesn't like rendering enemy players. I see names but it takes few seconds for the actual players to appear. Everything else, no problem whatsoever. Not quite consistent though, occasionally it renders them faster, usually seems to be an issue for the first invasion.

PC, all settings on high pretty much and the game runs solidly, so i doesn't feel like hardware problem.

On the positive note, at least Malfesance feels pretty good as hand cannons go. Basically it and the Ace of Spades are the only HCs i like. And fortunately this means i have little reason to invade anymore, especially since i don't have legendary machine gun to go with another exotic (why are MG so incredibly good against players anyhow? Others feel pointless next to MGs).

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Normal daily strike today nets me the catalyst for Huckleberry. *so good* Such a fun gun. Too bad you can't run it and Riskrunner at the same time it would be the perfect SMG combo for that useless Titan exotic that lets you autoload and quick swap between 2 SMG's.

In other news I am pretty sure Powerful gear drops do have some RNG going on. My normal daily heroic in the EDZ netted me a +5 primary weapon which was surprising to say the least (I was 677 and it dropped at 682).

SonicThrust

Banned
Nov 8, 2018
Just got the season pass and am jumping back in... and holy crap at the Volundr Forge's difficulty. Wasn't expecting such a big challenge even after doing the 640 power jump quests.

Gave it 4 or 5 tries and basically had a 1% wipe one time but add management and bursting supers on the boss is no joke. Dying over and over trying to chip away at the last third of his health bar in the final seconds... got a bit frustrating but I can see why people were even more frustrated if underleveled for something like this on release lol.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
Just got the season pass and am jumping back in... and holy crap at the Volundr Forge's difficulty. Wasn't expecting such a big challenge even after doing the 640 power jump quests.

Gave it 4 or 5 tries and basically had a 1% wipe one time but add management and bursting supers on the boss is no joke. Dying over and over trying to chip away at the last third of his health bar in the final seconds... got a bit frustrating but I can see why people were even more frustrated if underleveled for something like this on release lol.

Wait until you try the other forges

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
Man, I cannot get a Last Man Standing to drop to save my life.

Same with Threat Level.

Is this karma for getting the Ikelos shotty on my very first EP completion?

If so, I think I've paid my dues here, RNG.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Got this from Hawthorne

48AOTk9.jpg

Thanks

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Finally done with Tier 2 Reckoning. Bungie needs to implement level gating for those kind of match making activities cause teammates getting one shotted at the bridge section cause they are in the low 650s sucks major ass.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
664 glory after winning 2/3 comp matches this week so far!

So with +160 on reset if I just wait I'll be at 824. Probably pretty close to my comp record.

Course I probably wont wait.

Oct 26, 2017
Got to the Dreaming City and the game seems to have just stopped giving me things to do? I did one story mission there were we meet dead queen what's her name . Now I only have one strike opened and the dreaming city opened up for exploring (which is hard to do when I'm at 490 and these areas seem to want me to be 550).

Not sure what to do now tbh . Getting from 490 - 550 seems to be a trek

Really enjoyed everything up to this point but I did it solo and playing Destiny now is still never what it once was with a clan and group of friends during the D1 days. Those people I share many memories of no longer play destiny anymore.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Man. Randoms really suck at Reckoning now. Are all the competent players done with it or something?

What you're experiencing is the average Destiny player engaging in an activity demanding certain roles be fulfilled.

Imagine this with five other players while doing a raid. Reckoning is essentially a sneak peek of a match made raid.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Between Gambit Prime, Reckoning, the BA Forges, some of the Forsaken strikes, etc... I think Bungie has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that MM for Raids is a terrible, terrible idea

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Not feeling Getaway Artist in QP. Stormcaller just is not a good class right now

Maybe it's better in Comp

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
What you're experiencing is the average Destiny player engaging in an activity demanding certain roles be fulfilled.

Imagine this with five other players while doing a raid. Reckoning is essentially a sneak peek of a match made raid.

One problem is you literally (almost) MUSTTTTTT have multiple well warlocks. Sucky design by bungie.

It's especially bad like today with blackout.

Feels like Bungie loosened up the power leveling strings again with the update. Getting plus 2, 3, 4 from normal routine daily milestones. 689 already, almost every drop seems to gain me a whole point overall. No more strict +1 only from most stuff.

but shrug, who the heck knows.

Last edited:

Kalamoj

Oct 28, 2017
Europe
Stopped playing D2 last spring (the horribly designed EP made me drop the game), so I'm not too familiar with the new stuff.
Is there any new activity (other than raids and nf) without mm?

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
Got to the Dreaming City and the game seems to have just stopped giving me things to do? I did one story mission there were we meet dead queen what's her name . Now I only have one strike opened and the dreaming city opened up for exploring (which is hard to do when I'm at 490 and these areas seem to want me to be 550).

Really enjoyed everything up to this point but I did it solo and playing Destiny now is still never what it once was with a clan and group of friends during the D1 days. Those people I share many memories of no longer play destiny anymore.
Talk to Ruthless and get you hooked up to the Discord thing.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017

Do your powerful rewards. Dreaming City is start of the grind. You should be able to do some more activities like the ascendant challenge and blind well with a bit more power.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ

And for years (not here or GAF, but elsewhere) people said I was either close minded, crazy, elitist or just an asshole because I was vehemently against raid matchmaking. Players have gotten a preview of how miserable that experience would be thanks to Gambit, and more recently, Reckoning.

Yeah, it's fucking terrible, right? I've been trying to say that forever. About to have an aneurysm because your dumbass teammate is running some ridiculous load out or doesn't have the faintest clue as to what is going on? Yep, thought so. Makes you want to tear your hair out and scream. I know...

Making some activities require premade fireteams is just better for everyone. That way, whether it's with friends, people off a Discord, a message board like ERA or Reddit, a Facebook group or LFG, you have some control and idea regarding who you're playing with.

Speaking of LFG, that needs to be among the first things that Bungie announces when they inevitably and eventually reveal Destiny 3. With in game LFG, no one could ever say they have no one to play with. Right now, they don't have that excuse either, but it's certainly far more convenient and would save time if everything was more seamless and in one place.

Also, stat tracking a la Raid Report and Trials Report need to be in game too. I want to know who I'm playing with or against

AverageFisk

Oct 30, 2017
Except for Volundr Forge at the start I don't think I've failed a Forge with MM. Reckogning and Gambit can be frustrating.

A in-game, in-depth LFG system in game will solve this.

Oct 29, 2017
100% of my forge runs during Black Armory were matchmade with randoms.
99% of my gambit matches (always) have been matchmade with randoms.
100% of my recokoning runs have been matchmade with randoms (haven't done a ton of them yet though, due to time constraints).

Most of my game time with Destiny is through matchmaking with randoms, the only real exception being PvP where I run with a few friends every so often.

Still. I wouldn't wish matchmaking upon the raiding community, it would absolutely be a nightmare lol

Status
Not open for further replies.