• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
Wth is wrong with match making. Getting into a game that's literally already done. Straight to end game screen and then it freezes.

Just had a prime engram give me two items. Weird.

Last edited:

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The one good catalyst, and I gotta convince others to bother helping me with it. It's a neat objective that plays directly into the nature of the weapon, but at the same time, you got to be real butt buddies with someone to have them help you with that.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Wth is wrong with match making. Getting into a game that's literally already done. Straight to end game screen and then it freezes.

Just had a prime engram give me two items. Weird.

one time i opened a random treasure chest in EDZ patrol that gave me an exotic and like 3 legendaries and like some other stuff. Not sure if intended as some special chest (like a region chest) or what the hell it was. Still remember it.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
56917822_397448194413246_1620288498453970944_n.png

So uhh...I got this today...second time doing Scourge.

JonCha

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Sturm can 1-shot now under the right conditions:

Everything's great except smallbore, that might let you down. Full choke or rifled barrel are still the way to go for Crucible shotties.

As far as energy pulses, a good Right Side of Wrong can still do you just fine. Last Perdition & Swift Ride are also right up there now.

Bygones is great, I play with lots of hardcore players who still main it.

You 100% want to finish the Forsaken campaign before doing anything else, it's not actually that long. That will unlock...a lot of really great stuff you'll want to get into.

Yeah it's a really nice weapon to use. The rolls I have that I talked about in an earlier post aren't amazing but I can't be bothered to grind for another one atm. I'm rolling Trust and Bad Omens too which are good.

Thanks, I have the Spider's quest which is presumably gonna lead me to The Dreaming City.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah it's a really nice weapon to use. The rolls I have that I talked about in an earlier post aren't amazing but I can't be bothered to grind for another one atm. I'm rolling Trust and Bad Omens too which are good.

Thanks, I have the Spider's quest which is presumably gonna lead me to The Dreaming City.
Get to the Dreaming City!

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Someone has clearly never held a Polaris Lance in their hands

speaking of

Late reply but that replica is sweeeeet.

QP mind as well be mayhem with all these supers. Today's matches I swear someone popped super every 10 secs.

Something needs to be adjusted with Supers in most Crucible modes (outside of Mayhem). I don't want them to go away but maybe slow down the rate of Super energy gain in Crucible only and make it so less orbs are generated overall (thereby making Super chaining less likely and less common). That would suit me just fine.

Dave_6

Oct 25, 2017
Finally crossed 1000 in Glory last night, got to 1032 with a current two win streak. Decided to stop and maybe wait to reset. I'm sure I'll play tonight and over the weekend then wind up dropping back down cause I can't keep a win streak going for shit.

Out 1

Oct 25, 2017
returned to the game recently. aside from a brief time on PC during Forsaken launch, I haven't really played the game since March 2018. now back on PS4.
feeling kinda lost lol
the amount of stuff to do is absurd. the way I see it, as a service game Destiny 2 is far ahead any of its competitors.
crucible still does not compare to D1's, but the return of HCs is welcome

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
returned to the game recently. aside from a brief time on PC during Forsaken launch, I haven't really played the game since March 2018. now back on PS4.
feeling kinda lost lol
the amount of stuff to do is absurd. the way I see it, as a service game Destiny 2 is far ahead any of its competitors.
crucible still does not compare to D1's, but the return of HCs is welcome

Yeah, D2 has settled into what I think is a pretty solid groove, just about every week there is something to doeven if it may not always be in your lane, I know gambit isn't for everyone (see Cornbread78).

ClassAndFear

Oct 30, 2017
Got destroyed by two people in sweaty comp who were in the 370s and had a 15ish k/d over three games of comp in total. They were using blue weapons etc and were fucking terrifyingly good. What is that? People paying for full levels? Or paying for Luna carries when they're only just starting the game? Was very confusing.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Got destroyed by two people in sweaty comp who were in the 370s and had a 15ish k/d over three games of comp in total. They were using blue weapons etc and were fucking terrifyingly good. What is that? People paying for full levels? Or paying for Luna carries when they're only just starting the game? Was very confusing.
Usually, if it's legit, it's people leveling alts. Blues can sometimes be effective as hell in crucible in general, though a bit less than in D1.

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada
Edit: lol the 5500 guy has his match history on pvt too. although he has a 1.25 k/d in competitive which is solid.

If the recovery they paid for actually played the games then the K/D will be decent in comp. The thing to check on destiny tracker is the K/D per season— the one NF recovery I've obviously encountered had a 7kd in comp clash this season and <1 in previous seasons, along with a hidden game history.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017

It is definitely a thing for established players and streamers (see Cammycakes for an example) to start a free alt account for the express purpose of running in Comp with a reduced set of gear. I know Cammy is going for an Ubroken title on his level 20, with the reduced gear set. He's nuts but that's what some people find fun. =P

Dec 2, 2017
Yeah, D2 has settled into what I think is a pretty solid groove, just about every week there is something to doeven if it may not always be in your lane, I know gambit isn't for everyone (see Cornbread78).
I feel like the key for people who aren't into gambit is that they just need to run it with the right team. It's a mode that absolutely needs 4 players working together without stressing out to be at its best. But it's some of the best times I've had in D2.

Last night my squad had some good wins, salty losses, but everybody was being cool and helping others get the bounties & triumphs they were chasing. Had a kickass 100% primeval melt, and finished off with an epic win that had the other team just giving up & sitting down during our final invasion. Slotting players into dedicated roles with the armor sets was a great move in Prime.

badboy78660

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone able to get Xur's engrams to drop any missing Forsaken exotic armor for their characters? Excited to play the lottery; I've been wanting Phoenix Protocol for my warlock.

Ant78

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone able to get Xur's engrams to drop any missing Forsaken exotic armor for their characters? Excited to play the lottery; I've been wanting Phoenix Protocol for my warlock.

I checked out some guys stream and he got Shards of Galanor out of the Fated Engram, so it looks like they have added Forsaken Exotics to the pool.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Still missing Shards, so I'm looking forward to visiting Ol' Hentaiface to see if he's brought me the good news.

Dec 2, 2017
Yep, I got Shards of Galanor. I wasn't even expecting it, I was playing it safe getting the engram on my hunter because there's still year 1 stuff I don't have.

I somehow now have every Forsaken hunter exotic (except 1KV) despite barely playing it. Meanwhile my warlock with a zillion hours is still starved for Phoenix Protocol.

badboy78660

Oct 27, 2017
Yep, I got Shards of Galanor. I wasn't even expecting it, I was playing it safe getting the engram on my hunter because there's still year 1 stuff I don't have.

I somehow now have every Forsaken hunter exotic (except 1KV) despite barely playing it. Meanwhile my warlock with a zillion hours is still starved for Phoenix Protocol.

Heh, I see. I gave it a go and ended up with a Huckleberry 😂. Didn't pick it up when Xur actually sold it (really felt indifferent about it at the time) but I guess my doubts have finally been put to rest lol

Dec 2, 2017
This curated Sole Survivor is officially my favourite legendary sniper now:

6676c99e-e531-4d2e-a58fkb9.gif

Heh, I see. I gave it a go and ended up with a Huckleberry 😂. Didn't pick it up when Xur actually sold it (really felt indifferent about it at the time) but I guess my doubts have finally been put to rest lol
If you can get the catalyst, it's great for horde modes, strikes & stuff like gambit. You get rampage x3 that never runs out of ammo as long as you keep getting kills.

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
Hmmmmm... Kindled Orchid with Rapid Hit, Kill Clip, Steady Rounds, Arrowhead Brake and Range Masterwork.

Might have to try that...

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Played some Prime working on Collector, got a crispy PVP Sole Survivor (snapshot opening shot) and an Outlast at end of match, so at least its worth grinding PRime for drops there.

Also got one of the new lorebooks turning in Daily Prime bounties

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Oct 31, 2017
La La Land
On a scale from Crota's End to overcoming Forever 29, how hard is the SotP raid? Gonna see if I can find a group of lads to walk me through the shit for the first time this weekend.

EDIT: i cannot spell while intoxicated

Dec 2, 2017
Just did 40 straight Games of Gambit Prime for Breakneck.

I think I may actually like Gambit Prime...
I've been playing with a regular group of 5-6 guys almost every night for a week or two now, it's a damn good time. We played for 4 straight hours (some Reckoning for gear at the start) and ended the night with a crazy come from behind win with a x2 slayer one-phase.

Everybody was going crazy yelling into their mics and I was like...this feeling doesn't really happen in Crucible.

Status
Not open for further replies.