• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada
Got Delirium, Luna's, and Recluse tonight. Buddy and I matched with another pair in our first game and we demolished the three stack (and their blueberry) we were facing so we invited them to our party after the game and we went another 8&2, ending on a 5 streak putting everyone over 2000 and two of us over 2100. Started the evening at 1460ish.

Now it is 3am and I am not sure my toddler is going to care about this story in four hours.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Looking at what I have not done in Destiny 2
Platinum the base game - need prestige raid.
Scurge raid not done.

Some quests not bothered with but overall happy with time spent in game.
Has anyone done everything in the game?

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
How do you feel about it? I've only seen it once and it was a random using it for adds on the Reckoning bridge.

But I mean, if that's its all good for, that's kinda disappointing for a rare raid drop.
Some of the highest PVE damage I've ever seen, things insane.

That said, it's kinda difficult to use.

Dec 2, 2017
I just don't like getting invaded every 5 seconds. Even with this new "adjustments", I'm still on the team where we get invaded every 5 seconds.
I think you can invade every 40 seconds or so once the other team has their primeval up. The rhythm of it is timed so you can invade to disrupt each dps phase - otherwise a coordinated team could just melt on x2 and the game would just get mechanical, whoever gets their primeval up first wins.

badboy78660

Oct 27, 2017
So uh Thunderlord is pretty good innit. It's legit carrying me through content.

Thunderlord's definitely means business. I'd gotten it from an exotic drops weeks back and was using it with regularity. But, after finally getting Jötunn to drop, I'd rather rock that instead--having too much fun with it. Running Hammerhead in heavy slot now, and it's going a damn fine job as well.

iPlod

Mar 11, 2019
Thunderlord's definitely means business. I'd gotten it from an exotic drops weeks back and was using it with regularity. But, after finally getting Jötunn to drop, I'd rather rock that instead--having too much fun with it. Running Hammerhead in heavy slot now, and it's going a damn fine job as well.

Ok sure Jotunn looks amazing but...

Forge. Unlocking.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
Got Luna's Howl and The Recluse today, almost done with pinnacles
srvHihC.png

(Screenshot from braytech.org)
Ok sure Jotunn looks amazing but...

Forge. Unlocking.
Jötunn can only drop from Bergusia while forging a powerful frame. And you can forge any frame in Bergusia. You only really need Volundr unlocked to have a chance to get Jötunn

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Holy cow the Demolitionist perk is excellent with bottom tree Sunbreaker (Code of the Siegebreaker). Shoot enemies with gun with Demolitionist, get even more grenade energy and since Solar ability kills create Sunspots that also speed up ability regeneration and Sunspots also increase all damage it basically means you always have a grenade and as long as you get a kill you always have a Sunspot (and on and on and on). Used it Volundr just now and it was hilarious fun.

iPlod

Mar 11, 2019
Jötunn can only drop from Bergusia while forging a powerful frame. And you can forge any frame in Bergusia. You only really need Volundr unlocked to have a chance to get Jötunn

You sure? I've read that all the forges have to be unlocked in order for Jotunn to drop, hopefully I'm wrong. I'd like to try my hand at the space toaster.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
You sure? I've read that all the forges have to be unlocked in order for Jotunn to drop, hopefully I'm wrong. I'd like to try my hand at the space toaster.
Ah, maybe you're right. I've unlocked forges as they came out so I've had everything by the time I got Jötunn. Which btw, dropped for me like 2/3 months after Bergusia came out.

Oct 27, 2017
Not surprising (thought it was the main reason all along) but apparently Sony is the reason we can't transfer characters/have cross-saves between all platforms that D2 exist on. Bungie wanted to do it but Sony said nope to that as they wanted to act like Destiny was theirs or something with their meaningless exclusive "content" deal.

Dec 2, 2017
Well, he's kinda right. It only drops from Bergusia...

...but AFAIK to get to Bergusia you have to unlock all the other forges first. If it makes you feel any better, it's 100% worth the effort. Not just for Jotunn, but all the other top tier stuff you get. Guaranteed some of it will replace your old faves.

iPlod

Mar 11, 2019
Ah, maybe you're right. I've unlocked forges as they came out so I've had everything by the time I got Jötunn. Which btw, dropped for me like 2/3 months after Bergusia came out.
Well, he's kinda right. It only drops from Bergusia...

...but AFAIK to get to Bergusia you have to unlock all the other forges first. If it makes you feel any better, it's 100% worth the effort. Not just for Jotunn, but all the other top tier stuff you get. Guaranteed some of it will replace your old faves.

sad trombone noises.

Oh well, off to grind. Whoever designed these forge grinds clearly enjoys making us suffer. EDIT Never mind I found out it's just yellow bars.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Doh. My 980ti just died while running a Heroic adventure. =( I'll have to dial settings waaaaay down until I can get a replacement here Monday. Farewell, 980ti! You've been a good one.

It's going to be rough without G-Sync and 144hz for a couple of days! #firstworldproblems

Fathead

Oct 31, 2017
sad trombone noises.

Oh well, off to grind. Whoever designed these forge grinds clearly enjoys making us suffer. EDIT Never mind I found out it's just yellow bars.

I can 100% confirm that Bergusia is unlocked as soon as you get Volundr, and that jotunn can drop without the other forges being unlocked. My wife got it on her second gold frame on Bergusia and we are still working on unlocking the others.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
I did the Bug in the System adventure on Mercury and only got 6 samples. I need 9. I can't repeat that adventure.

Am I completely blocked from completing it today?

edit: ahh I had to complete a different heroic adventure first and then it switched to the heroic version of Bug in the System...I hate mercury.

Last edited:

iPlod

Mar 11, 2019
I can 100% confirm that Bergusia is unlocked as soon as you get Volundr, and that jotunn can drop without the other forges being unlocked. My wife got it on her second gold frame on Bergusia and we are still working on unlocking the others.

OOOOH

Ok let me investigate, maybe I can save myself the pain. On the bright side, I have Ganondorfannon forge unlocked. Now to try and get Izanami's questline to drop.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
I did the Bug in the System adventure on Mercury and only got 6 samples. I need 9. I can't repeat that adventure.

edit: ahh I had to complete a different heroic adventure first and then it switched to the heroic version of Bug in the System...I hate mercury.

I don't know whose bright idea it was to make it so only samples drop on mercury, but they should be punished.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know whose bright idea it was to make it so only samples drop on mercury, but they should be punished.

That's how it's supposed to work for all of them, it's just been bugged until now. They picked a hell of a week to fix it.

Requiring an RNG drop from a map that doesn't have base spawns of that particular creature is the epitome of bad game design.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
That's how it's supposed to work for all of them, it's just been bugged until now. They picked a hell of a week to fix it.

Requiring an RNG drop from a map that doesn't have base spawns of that particular creature is the epitome of bad game design.

Yup, I have spawned into at least 5 instances of the strike where the rng part was empty and everyone left after they got to the end and no hive spawned.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017

You don't have to run a Heroic to get the samples. You can get them from any roaming Cabal (or Vex) while patrolling. That's the way I did it.
Edit - Unless you are talking about the Hive samples in which case yeah, gotta do that mission to get the Hive on Mercury.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Bwahahaha. Playing with onboard Intel 530 video card right now since my 980Ti died and I'm on the lowest possible settings with 50% render (meaning everything looks like FMV from 1997 and at around 25fps) and I've been messing around in Rumble with stuff I've never used before since I'm going to be terrible anyway. Pulled out Cerberus+1 and got 17 kills and second place just now and laughed my self silly doing it. This thing is hilarious.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Another hilarious game. Most of them have been terribad, don't be fooled. Some 3 kill games up in here. But this one was with Fighting Lion and Trackless Waste. Another 2nd place finish involving some aerial acrobatics and blind firing corners. When you truly do not care if you win and just wing it everything seems a lot funnier. I haven't laughed this much in Crucible in, well, ever.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2017
Ah, ok. I did them as they were released, I guess it just didn't appear until the end because Niobe Labs hadn't been solved.

Bwahahaha. Playing with onboard Intel 530 video card right now since my 980Ti died and I'm on the lowest possible settings with 50% render (meaning everything looks like FMV from 1997 and at around 25fps) and I've been messing around in Rumble with stuff I've never used before since I'm going to be terrible anyway. Pulled out Cerberus+1 and got 17 kills and second place just now and laughed my self silly doing it. This thing is hilarious.
Every time I take out Cerberus for a match (ie., every time I get Gambler's Den) I'm like "wait...why do I ever put this away?" It pairs super well with a sniper.

Edgeward

Oct 27, 2017
I would enjoy comp more if it was just clash and control. Especially as I'm working on the steps to luna and needing kills but keep getting control is just torture.

Oct 31, 2017
La La Land
I would enjoy comp more if it was just clash and control. Especially as I'm working on the steps to luna and needing kills but keep getting control is just torture.
Control is the best, IMO. This is going to be asshole advice, but you can ignore the objective and just go for the headshots. Control IMO lasts the longest, so you have better chance of ending the game with some good progress.

Pate

Nov 22, 2017
If someone here is struggling with anything PVP related -> send me a DM. I do all sorts of help (Luna, NF, whatever). I'm a trustworthy and verified sherpa on the DestinyERA discord.

Last edited:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
CoolGuy just did his breakdown on the buff to bottom tree Stryker Titan (Code of the Juggernaut). It was already really good but the buffs honestly put it over the top for me. I don't think it's going to get to stay this strong but I will enjoy it while it last. You can easily run around 1 punching people in the Crucible or make any aggressive frame sniper into a 1 body shot kill.

That..... is insane. Wow.....

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Finished Collector triumph for Reckoner... now to do some Tier 3 farming for some Sentry gear to start that tomorrow

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I installed this last night, thanks to it being on PSPlus a few months back, and I'm having quite a bit of fun. The game seems like it's having a bit of an identity crisis though, as someone who isn't at all familiar with the series. Like, it was a sort of single player, almost ME2 style intro, and now I'm in a sort of MMORPG hub, going to an open-ish world which other players are doing their own thing in lol.

I chose a Warlock, but I'm missing the sort of void powers I had at the start, as I'm not really feeling the Sunlight Sword stuff.

Is there a physical version that has all current, and possibly future, content? I know I have it for free on Plus, but I like physical stuff, and I'd probably be able to get it for cheaper than just buying the DLC add one digitally.

iPlod

Mar 11, 2019
That moment when you invade with a 4 man Fist of Havoc in Prime, and heal the Primeval just enough to hand your team the victory. Now I remember why I play this game.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Question for you folks who like to run with Fighting Lion; what do you pair it with in your primary? I had some success with an SMG last night (Trackless Waste 900rpm with Tap the Trigger and Dynamic Sway Reduction) but am curious about what other folks are doing. I know Cammycakes loves the Sniper+Lion combo but I am not that skilled.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I installed this last night, thanks to it being on PSPlus a few months back, and I'm having quite a bit of fun. The game seems like it's having a bit of an identity crisis though, as someone who isn't at all familiar with the series. Like, it was a sort of single player, almost ME2 style intro, and now I'm in a sort of MMORPG hub, going to an open-ish world which other players are doing their own thing in lol.

I chose a Warlock, but I'm missing the sort of void powers I had at the start, as I'm not really feeling the Sunlight Sword stuff.

Is there a physical version that has all current, and possibly future, content? I know I have it for free on Plus, but I like physical stuff, and I'd probably be able to get it for cheaper than just buying the DLC add one digitally.
....which part of the game do you have?

Superblatt

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
So I've gotten back into the game and am now light 500 or so. I would love to get into a group here with you guys and play, but don't want to be a drag since I know I'm behind on the terminology, meta and end game. But...anyone want to help a brother out?

PSN: Blatt

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
....which part of the game do you have?

Erm, the download file was called Destiny 2, so I assume it's just the vanilla version.

As I said though, I've literally not seen anything of anything Destiny related. I know there was a thing called Taken King, which is the extent of my knowledge, and I think that was for the first game.

Status
Not open for further replies.