• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 2, 2017
So I've gotten back into the game and am now light 500 or so. I would love to get into a group here with you guys and play, but don't want to be a drag since I know I'm behind on the terminology, meta and end game. But...anyone want to help a brother out?

PSN: Blatt
Are you on the discord? Unfortunately I'm not going to be around a ton the next week or two, but that's where Era folks tend to group up.

Erm, the download file was called Destiny 2, so I assume it's just the vanilla version.

As I said though, I've literally not seen anything of anything Destiny related. I know there was a thing called Taken King, which is the extent of my knowledge, and I think that was for the first game.

Forsaken is the physical package that has everything except the annual pass - which you don't need until you're at the high end of the end game. I believe there's a digital bundle which includes the pass as well if you really want to go all in.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Erm, the download file was called Destiny 2, so I assume it's just the vanilla version.

As I said though, I've literally not seen anything of anything Destiny related. I know there was a thing called Taken King, which is the extent of my knowledge, and I think that was for the first game.

Base 0r Vanilla Destiny 2 is what you will get in the PSN giveaway, then its:

Curse of Osiris

Warmind

Forsaken

Annual Pass which encompasses - Black Armoury/ Season of the Drifter and Season of Opulence.

If you want to go beyond vanilla, you can purchase Forsaken which will include Warmind and Curse.

Its about another 20 Trumps for the Annual Pass

Dec 2, 2017
Finished Collector triumph for Reckoner... now to do some Tier 3 farming for some Sentry gear to start that tomorrow
Collector's probably the toughest, Sentry's the easiest one imo. Have you done reaper yet? Do you have any idea how the massacre medals work? I've read that it's just 12 kills in a row, but if that's the case they seem to be bugged.

Superblatt

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Are you on the discord? Unfortunately I'm not going to be around a ton the next week or two, but that's where Era folks tend to group up.

Forsaken is the physical package that has everything except the annual pass - which you don't need until you're at the high end of the end game. I believe there's a digital bundle which includes the pass as well if you really want to go all in.

Can you or someone give me the discord information?

Dec 2, 2017
screenshot2019-04-14atqjyr.png

Man, is Thorn really that good in PvE? Or is it just people farming for lore or using it because it's the hot new thing? It's top 3 in the gambit meta too. I love using it in patrol zones etc., but don't seem to have a ton of luck with it in more intense activities. Collecting those remnants means you have to keep rushing enemies, and that just gets me killed a bunch. Also, DOT means they're still shooting at me, at least Malfeasance makes 'em blow up.

Damn @ Recluse already being the energy slot king.

How do that many people have 1KV? Is it just that only the hardcore are left playing? Or that such a huge % are using the top 4 that a handful of 1KVs can make the list?

Go Loaded Question, this is like the first ever fusion meta.

ClassAndFear

Oct 30, 2017

Man, is Thorn really that good in PvE? Or is it just people farming for lore or using it because it's the hot new thing? It's top 3 in the gambit meta too. I love using it in patrol zones etc., but don't seem to have a ton of luck with it in more intense activities. Collecting those remnants means you have to keep rushing enemies, and that just gets me killed a bunch. Also, DOT means they're still shooting at me, at least Malfeasance makes 'em blow up.

How do that many people have 1KV? Is it just that only the hardcore are left playing? Or that such a huge % are using the top 4 that a handful of 1KVs can make the list?

More importantly: HARD LIGHT? HARD BLOODY LIGHT? Have they made it good or something?

demi

Oct 27, 2017
That is only for the past couple weeks. Hard Light is on there because of the Catalyst, people are grinding it out. Same with Rat King, Prospector... that's actually a really misleading chart

Dec 2, 2017
Dafuck is a zenobia D?

The Duke mk. 44 of rocket launchers. Random world & gunsmith drop that can roll with cluster bombs.

That is only for the past couple weeks. Hard Light is on there because of the Catalyst, people are grinding it out. Same with Rat King, Prospector... that's actually a really misleading chart

Since the last balance patch IIRC Prospector is the highest DPS in the game, so that one's earned its place. I expect it to climb once people cotton on to the fact that Wardcliffe ain't what it used to be. Rat King & Hard Light are almost 100% likely just grinds though, I agree. Misfit, Riskrunner & Loaded Question are probably that high because of Arc Week, not that they aren't all good.

You'll never get any kind of "pure" data on a meta though, unless there is literally nothing happening in the game. It is what it is in the moment.

Last edited:

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I did mine entirely Solo, but if you aren't familiar with PVP then no, it probably won't be possible unless you get hard carried by randoms or you play against bots

Dec 2, 2017
Zenobia-D intrinsically has tracking, so you can sorta get triple perks on it if you include the built in tracking. For example, a combo like: cluster bombs, auto loading holster, and tracking.
I actually meant to say cluster bombs, went back & edited it. So yeah, it can basically be curated Bad Omens jr. (or Sr., if you value that third perk over the aggressive frame).

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada
What's the best way for a friend and I to get up to Recluse in Comp? LFG? Is it possible with randoms really?

Friend and I duo queued since the season started, usually high population times like Friday night EDT. We just aimed to get our three games done but if it went well we would do more, stopping at two consecutive losses. On Friday we teamed up with another duo we had just played well with and ended up getting the last 700 points needed for everyone to at least get 2100 on reset.

badboy78660

Oct 27, 2017

Are those stats pulled from a particular site that aggregates them? Would love a source/link if possible :) (though it looks like it comes from a Discord?)

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
The Duke mk. 44 of rocket launchers. Random world & gunsmith drop that can roll with cluster bombs.

Since the last balance patch IIRC Prospector is the highest DPS in the game, so that one's earned its place. I expect it to climb once people cotton on to the fact that Wardcliffe ain't what it used to be. Rat King & Hard Light are almost 100% likely just grinds though, I agree. Misfit, Riskrunner & Loaded Question are probably that high because of Arc Week, not that they aren't all good.

You'll never get any kind of "pure" data on a meta though, unless there is literally nothing happening in the game. It is what it is in the moment.
Loaded Question is always fun to use in PvE and is a regular weapon in the PvE meta. Also great to use in Gambit.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
I think I finally need to be apart of a clan or a fireteam or something. I've solod the game for hours, I've got a lvl 50 Hunter and he's at just over 600 power.

But now I've started the black forge questline and the Volundr Forge mission is just proving I need to be apart of a coordinated effort. Any teams looking for a member? Anyone wanna just help me through this? Let me know!

Dec 2, 2017
Are those stats pulled from a particular site that aggregates them? Would love a source/link if possible :) (though it looks like it comes from a Discord?)

The Era Discord has a stats channel.

Loaded Question is always fun to use in PvE and is a regular weapon in the PvE meta. Also great to use in Gambit.

Literally my most used PvE energy weapon:

screenshot2019-04-14ahekze.png

Although now I need to question these numbers, because it's way behind what the in-game counter on the weapon itself shows:

screenshot2019-04-14a8skk0.png

I think I finally need to be apart of a clan or a fireteam or something. I've solod the game for hours, I've got a lvl 50 Hunter and he's at just over 600 power.

But now I've started the black forge questline and the Volundr Forge mission is just proving I need to be apart of a coordinated effort. Any teams looking for a member? Anyone wanna just help me through this? Let me know!

PM [Ruthless] to join the Era Discord, people tend to group up there.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised how easy Sentry has been. Should be able to finish it tonight and start the final stretch in Invader

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017

Riskrunner's been pretty high ever since the Forges opened since it is so valuable in both Gofannon and Bergusia. Not that I didn't have a lot of love for it before that but with those two forges alone it is guaranteed to get a lot of use. Also, really surprised to see Arsenic Bite at 9 on the energy slot beating out Telesto. I like bows and I never use that one just because Le Monarque is so good in that slot.

Literally my most used PvE energy weapon:
My man. Also liking that you use Borealis a ton because it is far and away my most used sniper. It's so useful in Nightfalls and just feels really good to boot.

LeonLeon

Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Chile
I started this week with 1800 Glory and dropped to 1100, im beyond depressed.

Meet a wholesome brazilian dude in a game, he offered carry me from 900 to 2030 just to help me. Cheer me up all the way there and even when i was tired he told me to go to sleep and to text him as soon i was ready to continue.

I play this since D1 beta and the community in this game amazes me.

Dec 2, 2017
Riskrunner's been pretty high ever since the Forges opened since it is so valuable in both Gofannon and Bergusia. Not that I didn't have a lot of love for it before that but with those two forges alone it is guaranteed to get a lot of use.

Yep, you see it at #2 on my list, almost entirely because of forges. It's just stupid fun there.

My man. Also liking that you use Borealis a ton because it is far and away my most used sniper. It's so useful in Nightfalls and just feels really good to boot.

My favourite sniper in the game until Izanagi's came along. It's with me on every nightfall, never sweat a match game.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
I love it when Bungie's bullshit matchmaking puts me in a gambit prime match with 3 other randoms against a full, 4 person clan stack who are all level 700 and all have 1KV.

Totally fair game. Completely fucking unacceptable.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA

Are you on Discord? What platform do you play on?

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I love it when Bungie's bullshit matchmaking puts me in a gambit prime match with 3 other randoms against a full, 4 person clan stack who are all level 700 and all have 1KV.

Totally fair game. Completely fucking unacceptable.

I usually just back out. Or if someone else is using the same role as me on my team. Oh look, two other Sentries in my game. NEXT

Edgeward

Oct 27, 2017
Bungie's MM is a complete trashfire for all modes 99% of the time. The only thing unaffected is Strikes because every only runs through them at light-speed now anyhow

Unless it's the Corrupted, then seemingly no one knows how to either pass the ball around to charge it more or to throw it at the shielded ones.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a complete guide to dreaming city anywhere on the Internet? I've tried Googling, but I get partial guides or early Forsaken guides when stuff hasn't been figured out.

I want like, "do these specific things each week (here are guides and video) for X weeks and you'll unlock every single possible triumph/emblem/whatever for the dreaming city."

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I got this behemoth while playing Prime (or Reckoning?). I'd rather have Range MW but I think it's fine for what it is.

OXkpNaY.png

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I got a curated Bug Out Bag last night. what is the best roll for Spare Rations because I had two of them drop as well last night.

Edit: I just realized that's my second curated Bug Out Bag...I guess that's what I get for killing the High Value Target all the time.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
It's there a design reason, that you cannot just queue from your ship to do the well or forges?

Status
Not open for further replies.