• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
It's there a design reason, that you cannot just queue from your ship to do the well or forges?

There obviously is some reason, but Bungie has never been forthcoming with it. Obviously the long walk (sometimes crouchwalks) to get to the forge/well indicate that it's there to give time for matchmaking to occur, but it's clear that no one likes this system. The number of times I've tried to crouch walk to the Blind Well only to be match made with no one....

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
There obviously is some reason, but Bungie has never been forthcoming with it. Obviously the long walk (sometimes crouchwalks) to get to the forge/well indicate that it's there to give time for matchmaking to occur, but it's clear that no one likes this system. The number of times I've tried to crouch walk to the Blind Well only to be match made with no one....
Thanks I took a break for a while from the game so assumed this was explained back then

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lately I've just been sparrowing into Blind Well and it'll be empty... but people trickle in after I start a T1 to get the instance going. Maybe I've just been lucky, but I don't sweat the crouch walk anymore.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
New changes to the arc stuff for Warlocks still haven't given much of a reason to not be an Ahamkara bomber. Clears adds and bosses endlessly. Why bother with anything else. Meanwhile, Titans got shot through the ceiling.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
After a rough weekend of suffering through many a Rumble match with my onboard video only I finally got and installed a new RTX 2080 today. Holy cow, Destiny's back and better looking than ever baby! Nothing like a couple of days of 1080p at 50% render scale on Low quality to make you appreciate modern graphics tech. Pretty much locked in at 144Hz now which is the neighborhood I want to be living in. Not really an expense I wanted this month but hopefully it will last me several years like my launch 980Ti did.

I just got it installed in time to knock out my 3 Comp matches. Won the first two and dropped the last one but coupled with winning my last game last week I actually had a 3 game win streak going before the loss. And as has happened in a couple of previous losses, someone on our side bailed very quickly after the start of the match. I hope leavers get some sort of penalty because it really sucks for the rest of us. Anyhow, new Blast Furnace is kicking it. It's a laser beam and I am loving it.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I started this week with 1800 Glory and dropped to 1100, im beyond depressed.

I'm at 1730 and trying to figure out how to milk it to 1980 with least risk...probably going to wait for my 120 reset points for starters. That's a couple of losses buffer of points before I'm even back to 1730, besides mainly I'm too tired tonight anyway.

What's the best way for a friend and I to get up to Recluse in Comp? LFG? Is it possible with randoms really?

Not unless you got extremely lucky or are extremely good.

The good thing is this year it'll be much faster, a couple good multi hour runs with a good LFG should do it. I'd say the trick is dont stay with a bad LFG and lose too much progress. Keep playing the roulette til you get hits, milk those hits as long as you can. Also, screen the LFG poster through a site like Destiny tracker. You want at least a .8+ k/d (probably in comp, with a decent number of games) (sure this sounds low, but it actually encompasses decent players when given the 4 stack advantage). What you dont want is like .6 or less. Sure, you cant screen the other two in the group, but every part helps. Most players LFG-ing for simple fabled are not going to be great anyway, so dont expect carries., 1.6 k/d etc. those guys are mostly going to demand you also be 1.6+

Oh and i forgot also try to stick with somewhat similar glory. If youre 1200 dont hook up with a 2500 lfg as they will force you into matchmaking with more difficult players. Most lfg posters know this rule of thumb tho and advertise their glory range as you want the whole group within a few hundred points of each other.

Also this assumes decent knowledge of comp game modes and strat. Mostly as below control heavy, but countdown also takes a bit of getting used too. You can just solo for a while to get a feel for comp before you make your run.

One of my problems is starting to LFG at like 1AM, this means the risk of breakup is high due to simple lateness. I need to look around prime time, 7PM, so i'll have lots of runway in front of me.

^^ this is real advice here. I dont see any youtube vids that regurgitate the same talking points giving you the real scoop on reaching fabled without a team through LFG. It does require you to be decent yourself, though (meaning a .9-1.0 k/d in quick play at least)

Last edited:

Magik

Oct 25, 2017
What's the best way for a friend and I to get up to Recluse in Comp? LFG? Is it possible with randoms really?

LFG is the better solution overall if only for the fact that you can communicate with other players which is huge. Four average players that can communicate well can easily over come 4 randoms.

If you are going to go the other route and try to duo it, I'd highly recommend getting into the mindset that you two are going to carry the team and play as high level aka "sweaty" as possible. Go with the most tryhard load out and class possible, ABUSE super mods, chain supers, stick together with the blueberries, abuse teamshotting as much as possible, exploit each game mode to the fullest, and most importantly, CONTROL HEAVY.

if you unfortunately lose a few games in a row, it's okay to call it a day and start fresh another day.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When you get your god roll Spare Rations and Dust Rock Blues in a single week it's been a good week.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Titans are great for everything except endgame boss DPS and support.

We have no real role in raids. best neutral game in Destiny 2 but our supers are just kinda there. Good ad clear but we have no Burst Super or Support Super. (Code of the Commander's Shield is nice but you get more out of Well lock.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I now begin my journey to get Recluse, Mountaintop and Not Forgotten.

Here we go boys.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I reached brave and my Mountaintop Quest says I haven't?

Am I missing something?

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Finally hit 700, just got Breakneck and every other questline goes to Crucible now which I suck at.. Time to see if Anthem had imported at all : (.

Wish there was more PVE only questlines

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Titans have retaken their rightful place as kings of the fist.

Punch Bois Rejoice!

DntSpwnOnMe

Oct 25, 2017
This was a good week. Finished up the quests for breakneck, oxygen, malfeasance, last word and the chaperone. Just need to finish thorn and the gambit machine gun.

Does the dragon fly mod work with the oxygen sr?

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
so is Bungie really going to look into to state of Lunas and Not Forgotten ruining PvP?

IMO, they should nerf Hand Cannon range and buff damage to Autos, Pulses and Scouts.

I want Recluse

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
In. Light of the recent Playstation need, I hope a brother can rely on a wider fov and 60 fps for D3

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
so is Bungie really going to look into to state of Lunas and Not Forgotten ruining PvP?

IMO, they should nerf Hand Cannon range and buff damage to Autos, Pulses and Scouts.

I want Recluse
It has been stated many times but, Lunas can be beaten with range, and its user must hit two back to back headshots. The skill of a Not Forgotten user is far more impactful than the gun itself. The game provides enough options outside of those two to be successful like Ace, TLW, pulse rifles or well rolled Service Revolvers. If anything, The Recluse which you want is a bigger problem than both Luna and NF from a balance perspective, as it is much easier to utilize its potential, with a even faster time to kill and does not require precision shots. The primary weapons meta is in a great place, it's heavy ammo economy, exotics and supers that are creating a toxic environment.

Last edited:

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
the state of Rumble is fucked because of these guns.
You are not being targetted by one Rumbler but two or three Rumblers all shooting these stupid annoying HCs

Rumble was amazing before the arrival of these two asshole guns

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
the state of Rumble is fucked because of these guns.
You are not being targetted by one Rumbler but two or three Rumblers all shooting these stupid annoying HCs

Rumble was amazing before the arrival of these two asshole guns
Honestly, every game-mode besides Competitive has become a total shit-show.

It's probably easier soloing comp than QP right now

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
It has been stated many times but, Lunas can be beaten with range, and its user must hit two back to back headshots. The skill of a Not Forgotten user is far more impactful than the gun itself. The game provides enough options outside of those two to be successful like Ace, TLW, pulse rifles or well rolled Service Revolvers. If anything, The Recluse which you want is a bigger problem than both Luna and NF from a balance perspective, as it is much easier to utilize its potential, with a even faster time to kill and does not require precision shots. The primary weapons meta is in a great place, it's heavy ammo economy, exotics and supers that are creating a toxic environment.

ace and tlw are also hand cannons and not that viable on console.

service revolver is just a much worse lunas/nf since you need to proc kill clip to make it the same as those already are out of the box.

lol at back to back head shots with baby gun with no recoil and aim assists that procs from china. imagine if back to back headshots with mida gave you the capability to even body with the third shot. the flood of tears would submerge new york.

lol at trying to imply recluse is more than a fun novelty. if so you'd run it instead of lunas, but 100% you, smartwaflless, dont/wouldn't wouldn't in any serious play.

finally the whole idea of trying to imply the only guns used in a game where everybody is 100% trying to cheat arent lunas and nf because they cheat=lol

dust rock/wardcliff/not forgotten is THE ONLY viable loadout. Everybody knows this.

iPlod

Mar 11, 2019
2 matches in a row where the game has spawned me within reach of a roaming super. I'd just like to ask Bungie exactly what they expect me to do there aside from wonder if it's a good time to pick up smoking cigarettes as a hobby.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
Either find a team, or start practicing. Skill and reward doesn't come out of thin air.

2 matches in a row where the game has spawned me within reach of a roaming super. I'd just like to ask Bungie exactly what they expect me to do there aside from wonder if it's a good time to pick up smoking cigarettes as a hobby.

Yeah don't play QP right now really. Those maps are just not good with 6v6.
I guess this is the best there is then.

Still need to poke around that and put together your own gameplan for how to tackle the content. I was more hoping for "Week 1 of 6 - do exactly these things in this order" etc. etc.
Do your powerfuls weekly, do ST when it comes and get Wishender, you can tackle the rest on your own pace, nothing else is necessary.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
is there a way to use that warmind.io site to directly look up your stats (other than the gambit ones it advertises)? or you gotta go to a discord server?

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
the best is when it's the SAME guy in in the same active roaming super

stupid Spectral Blade. Super Pocket Nova Bomb + Shotty doesn't kill a Spectral Blade. It's so fucked

iPlod

Mar 11, 2019
I mean don't get me wrong I'm absolute garbage at Crucible but I just don't know how even really good players would get out of that.

Also is Dust Rock Blues a specific drop from somewhere or is it one of those "hope you get it randomly" type drops. I'm definitely not asking because I just got my teeth kicked in by one or anything.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
I mean don't get me wrong I'm absolute garbage at Crucible but I just don't know how even really good players would get out of that.

Also is Dust Rock Blues a specific drop from somewhere or is it one of those "hope you get it randomly" type drops. I'm definitely not asking because I just got my teeth kicked in by one or anything.
DRB can drop from random legendary engrams, as a reward from completing lost sectors and from completing spider bounties with a gear reward.

When it comes to having a good one, the two things you're looking for are Rifled Barrel/Full Choke and Accurized Rounds. If it has those two things, it's a keeper, the other two perks are entirely ancillary, but if you find one with Slideshot and Full Auto/Rampage in addition to the previously mentioned barrel perks and accurized rounds then you've basically got a godroll.

Range Masterwork is also preferred, obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.