• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a void config for dummies

When I did it, I used this site

https://k38qmmk99r.codesandbox.io/

Just have two people call out their consoles:

- One person to the left of the "triangle cutout" (Console #1)
- One person to the right of the entrance (Console #2)

Third person looks up the numbers, and goes to the indicated console they have to hit

I believe how it works is that you have to hit it 49 times. There are 7 consoles in 7 rooms, so you will eventually hit all 49 consoles.

Ryouji Gunblade

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
California

Third person looks up the numbers, and goes to the indicated console they have to hit

I believe how it works is that you have to hit it 49 times. There are 7 consoles in 7 rooms, so you will eventually hit all 49 consoles.
Correct. You get 10 mulligans, where you can unlock the incorrect "lock" input. You also get 15 seconds added for each correct one you input so be quick when you can. If you get a good rhythm going you'll add time. You'll want to make sure it lights up green when you do the lock and relay to the reader of console 1. Oh and while everyone has to pick up the bounty item at the beginning, just one person has to grab the 3 keys later.

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017

That's a neat tool, thanks.

When I posted I had no idea, what any of it meant. I understand more now. Just Feels like a lot of running and not very much time Haha. 15 added seconds doesn't feel like much.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
So what's the ideal sort of Blast Furnace god roll? Just did an ignition that dropped both the curated masterwork (Headseeker/Outlaw/Tactical Mag/Handling) + a High-Impact Reserves/Zen Moment/Flared Magwell/Stability (in addition to a dupe Jotunn lol)

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
So what's the ideal sort of Blast Furnace god roll? Just did an ignition that dropped both the curated masterwork (Headseeker/Outlaw/Tactical Mag/Handling) + a High-Impact Reserves/Zen Moment/Flared Magwell/Stability (in addition to a dupe Jotunn lol)
PvP - Frenzy + Kill Clip + Short/Medium scope + Accurized/steady rounds are good, along with range/stability masterworks.

PvE - Frenzy + Rampage or Kill Clip + medium and long scope + mag increase + backup mag. Range MW.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Used the D2 app and had some folks join me for Zero Hour. I did not specify KWTD. I had already done 4 solo runs getting to the maze with the scary robot by myself so I was pretty confident I could get some other folks through it. It took us until the third run to really get the speed we needed to be able to beat the boss on time but we did it and I had a good time with it. Arbalest is fantastic here as not only does it have great shield break ability it also chunks the boss health for each head shot.

Outbreak Perfected seems very strong. It seems to have a lot more stability and sticky than the stat sheet would suggest so I am guessing the aim assist is very high and the recoil direction is upwards of 100. Fun gun although that Heroic version sounds like a real PITA. We'll see!

LawfulEnder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That's a neat tool, thanks.

When I posted I had no idea, what any of it meant. I understand more now. Just Feels like a lot of running and not very much time Haha. 15 added seconds doesn't feel like much.

It's not nearly as bad as it sounds, and the 15 seconds added feels like more time than you'd think. As long as you're reasonably quick on the callouts/inputs it's not bad at all.

Also I don't know if this is common, but I found the dials would sometimes stutter a bit as they reset, stopping on a number and then a split second or two later shifting to the next one over. It's not a long delay, but just long enough that I'd think they were settled and start calling it out/inputting the number. Again, I don't know how common that is, but it's worth looking out for, if nothing else.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Aight just did the void configuration for this week. Not gonna wait 5 weeks for my catalyst. Also did SotP with 6 OPs and damn we just straight up melted through the boss lol.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Any tips on how to track the 21% Delirium? I have reset my infamy, but cant tell if the other triumphs have been completed

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
Alright so I got the legendary collection and I'm finally back in Destiny.

Seems a lot's changed since I last played in vanilla D2, had a few Qs.

1. With the collection section I see you can buy past weapons you collected (great change), but it seems to be a bit inconsistent. I can see some weapons that I never had on the list (although greyed out) but some weapons are just question marks, why's this? Is it because I haven't seem them on anyone else's character yet?

2. Some of the other weapons aren't purchasable due to having random rolls. Does that mean I can only buy year 1 weapons from there since they were the only ones with fixed rolls?

3. For that matter, what's up with random rolls? Do all y2 weapons have random rolls? Does this mean I won't be able to purchase them from the collections section if I delete them? Is there a way to get a "base" version of the y2 weapons so I can repurchase them from the collections?

4. How does infusing work now? Just different material cost, but you still have to have the same type of weapon to infuse it with?

5. What's the meta in PvE and PvP these days? Which guns should I keep an eye out for?

6. What about the mobility/resilience etc. stats? I heard they changed that up, so which one is most important now?

7. Also I see they got rid of the weekly milestones section on the director. Where can I find this information now?

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
Alright so I got the legendary collection and I'm finally back in Destiny.

Seems a lot's changed since I last played in vanilla D2, had a few Qs.

1. With the collection section I see you can buy past weapons you collected (great change), but it seems to be a bit inconsistent. I can see some weapons that I never had on the list (although greyed out) but some weapons are just question marks, why's this? Is it because I haven't seem them on anyone else's character yet?

2. Some of the other weapons aren't purchasable due to having random rolls. Does that mean I can only buy year 1 weapons from there since they were the only ones with fixed rolls?

3. For that matter, what's up with random rolls? Do all y2 weapons have random rolls? Does this mean I won't be able to purchase them from the collections section if I delete them? Is there a way to get a "base" version of the y2 weapons so I can repurchase them from the collections?

4. How does infusing work now? Just different material cost, but you still have to have the same type of weapon to infuse it with?

5. What's the meta in PvE and PvP these days? Which guns should I keep an eye out for?

6. What about the mobility/resilience etc. stats? I heard they changed that up, so which one is most important now?

7. Also I see they got rid of the weekly milestones section on the director. Where can I find this information now?

On my phone so gonna just bang out some of the easier answers for you.

2. Yes, can only buy Y1 weapons from your collection. I think exotics are thevonly random items that have a set roll you can pull from it, ala D1.

3. Virtually all Y2 weapons have random rolls and you have no way to reliably get them back if you delete aside from whatever loot table it's in.

4. Infusing works like D1 now, anything in the same slot can be used. Material costs scale somewhat though. If you infuse something with a duplicate of the same item, it only costs glimmer. If you infuse an exotic into another, it costs less shards.

7. Basically just have to look at the map icons for what rewards powerful gear. Most dailies and weeklies will have those star icons by the destination or a blue icon on the vendor. That's only for powerful gear, until you hit the soft cap, most drops will raise your numbers.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I only do my three Scourges and that's it. See you June 4
is there a weapon roll you're looking for?

wait, you're still grinding for Anarchy, or am I misremembering? Best of luck on that one next reset. Props for not being discouraged.

Speaking of Scourge, I'd really like a Box Breathing No Feelings even though Scouts are the step children of D2. I just can't get up the motivation to try to get one. Sigh.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Still trying for Anarchy. I have all I need from the raid (Surrounded Threat Level, Trench Threat Level, Box Breathing No Feelings... that trash fusion rifle, a bunch of Fallen Mods, the Sparrow... you know, the usual)

It doesn't bug me, it takes 30 minutes at most to crank out all three

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
On my phone so gonna just bang out some of the easier answers for you.

2. Yes, can only buy Y1 weapons from your collection. I think exotics are thevonly random items that have a set roll you can pull from it, ala D1.

3. Virtually all Y2 weapons have random rolls and you have no way to reliably get them back if you delete aside from whatever loot table it's in.

4. Infusing works like D1 now, anything in the same slot can be used. Material costs scale somewhat though. If you infuse something with a duplicate of the same item, it only costs glimmer. If you infuse an exotic into another, it costs less shards.

7. Basically just have to look at the map icons for what rewards powerful gear. Most dailies and weeklies will have those star icons by the destination or a blue icon on the vendor. That's only for powerful gear, until you hit the soft cap, most drops will raise your numbers.

Thanks. Some good changes that Bungie made here, although it would be nice if we could rebuy year 2 stuff as well.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks. Some good changes that Bungie made here, although it would be nice if we could rebuy year 2 stuff as well.

The game is generally in a great state now. I'm in a similar boat; noped out during vanilla (on ps4) before Osiris and started playing again on PC around October/November. Most of Y1's effort looked like it was directed toward putting the game into the state it should have launched in.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
The game is generally in a great state now. I'm in a similar boat; noped out during vanilla (on ps4) before Osiris and started playing again on PC around October/November. Most of Y1's effort looked like it was directed toward putting the game into the state it should have launched in.

Yeah I've tried getting into D2 a couple of times but it just never had the same hold on me as D1. I think this time has a good chance of being different though.

I always find the hardest thing is to get in touch with the new meta.

Dec 2, 2017
Yeah I've tried getting into D2 a couple of times but it just never had the same hold on me as D1. I think this time has a good chance of being different though.

I always find the hardest thing is to get in touch with the new meta.
What platform are you on? On console, PvP meta is basically 180 rpm hand cannons, Blast Furnace & Bygones pulse rifles, and the Recluse smg. Wardcliffe Coil in the power slot. On PC Ace of Spades rules the roost.

In PvE Blast Furnace & Bygones are also good. Prospector is the DPS king. Midnight Coup is still well liked, but the new Spare Rations hc is similar but can drop with more perks. Lord of Wolves rocks now. The Breakneck auto rifle is also totally solid.

The Jotunn fusion is good in basically everything.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
What platform are you on? On console, PvP meta is basically 180 rpm hand cannons, Blast Furnace & Bygones pulse rifles, and the Recluse smg. Wardcliffe Coil in the power slot. On PC Ace of Spades rules the roost.

In PvE Blast Furnace & Bygones are also good. Prospector is the DPS king. Midnight Coup is still well liked, but the new Spare Rations hc is similar but can drop with more perks. Lord of Wolves rocks now. The Breakneck auto rifle is also totally solid.

The Jotunn fusion is good in basically everything.

Console, yeah. That's exactly what I needed to know.

Dec 2, 2017
Console, yeah. That's exactly what I needed to know.
Ok. If you don't have the annual pass yet, Gambit is probably your best bet. The Trust hand cannon, Bygones pulse, Bad Omens rocket launcher, Breakneck auto rifle & 21% Delirium Lmg are all obtained there & are top of class out of what's available to you. You can get the exotic Malfeasance hand cannon quest through it too, which does tons of damage to taken & is all-round reliable.

Lord of Wolves is an exotic shotgun that drops from Spider's bounties on Tangled Shore in Forsaken, it kicks ass in Gambit & general close range dps.

The other shotguns worth mentioning:

Dust Rock Blues drops from lost sectors. It's got great range and is still the PvP favourite.

The Mindbender's Ambition shotgun drops from the Hollowed Lair nightfall strike & is the other current PvP favourite in the other slot.

The Ikelos shotgun drops from the Escalation Protocol horde mode on Mars during certain weeks & ruled PvE for a long time as dps king. It's still very relevant if you like shotguns in PvE.

Hand cannons: other than Gambit's Trust mentioned above-

Once you're done the Forsaken campaign go right for Ace of Spades (Banshee will hand you the quest), it's fantastic in any mode. You could basically equip that in this game, never take it off & be fine.

If you're serious at PvP, the competitive playlist has three of the absolute best weapons in the game as pinnacle quests - the Luna's Howl & Not Forgotten hand cannons & Recluse smg. They all dominate crucible. Once you get the Chaperone quest to drop, that's always good too.

If you don't have the Midnight Coup hand cannon from the Leviathan raid yet, that's still worth getting & still many a streamer's PvE standby.

Other than that, Telesto is really solid in both PvP & PvE if you want a fusion rifle alternative.

If you like snipers:

The Supremacy from the Last Wish raid

Alone as a God from the Leviathan raid

The Long Goodbye from the Insight Terminus nightfall strike are all great.

As is the Twilight Oath from...something that will unlock once you beat the Forsaken main campaign.

Until you have those, the Aachen is an easy to get blue sniper that's secretly great, lots of streamers use it regularly.

The Whisper of the Worm is an exotic heavy sniper from a hidden dungeon on Io that's the top tier long range DPS weapon.

There are a few other things worth mentioning, and you'll likely develop your own favourites, but by & large that covers the best things available to you, if you're wondering what to chase.

Much of the rest of the current meta is part of the annual pass, but the stuff mentioned above is completely competitive against it. You don't really need the pass until you've exhausted the Forsaken content, which will take you quite a long time. Don't feel like you're lacking in the meantime.

TLDR:

Trust
Bygones
Ace of Spades
Telesto
Dust Rock Blues
Luna's Howl
Not Forgotten
Wardcliffe Coil
Mindbender's Ambition
The Recluse

Is your basic top 10.

DPS:

Prospector
Whisper of the Worm
Legend of Acrius

Honourable mention:

Breakneck
Midnight Coup
Ikelos SG

Last edited:

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Is Lord of Wolves considered better than the Ikelos_SG?

I've been using the Huckleberry + Ikelos SG but man, I'm ready for a switchup and I have the Lord of Wolves just sitting in my stash.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017

I've been using the Huckleberry + Ikelos SG but man, I'm ready for a switchup and I have the Lord of Wolves just sitting in my stash.

I pulled prospector and lord of wolves out of my vault recently. Evidently they are the current dps champs so might as well work them into my loadouts.

Kinda hard to keep up with whats the best this week in pve...for example i think acrius was great, but now its not again.

Dont have this problem in pvp cus im all about it

Dec 2, 2017

Since the reduction in Ikelos' rate of fire yeah, but of course LoW is going to hog your exotic slot. But I run Wolves 100% of the time in Gambit, it obliterates blockers & majors in like 2 bursts.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Since the reduction in Ikelos' rate of fire yeah, but of course LoW is going to hog your exotic slot. But I run Wolves 100% of the time in Gambit, it obliterates blockers & majors in like 2 bursts.
Yeah, I don't mind the exotic issue. I'll just swap out my Huckleberry over for a Breakneck though the hope is to eventually get a Recluse.

Thanks!

demi

Oct 27, 2017

Lord of Wolves is the best Shotgun in the game at the moment. It is truly worth of an Exotic slot right now

I've been running Spare Rations + Lord of Wolves + Hammerhead/Doomsday as my fuck around PVE setup

Dec 2, 2017

This is pretty funny, he literally calls TrueVanguard's shader OP. Half the youtubers I follow (Cammy/CoolGuy/Destiny Fun Police) are in the comments like "lol, eff this guy."

The clown actually scraped together a 1:40 montage of his shotgun kills on his channel, if you want to hear his trash talk:

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

This is pretty funny, he literally calls TrueVanguard's shader OP. Half the youtubers I follow (Cammy/CoolGuy/Destiny Fun Police) are in the comments like "lol, eff this guy."

The clown actually scraped together a 1:40 montage of his shotgun kills on his channel, if you want to hear his trash talk:

what is a stat farmer? are those gold medals all fradulent? because the guy fighting TV isn't skilled enough to earn more than a few if that video is any indication.

You can put me in the "Outbreak ain't shit in PVP" boat now.
Seems as good as any other well-rolled 450, with a special ability. 450's like Nightshade aren't common in PvP for a reason.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
You can put me in the "Outbreak ain't shit in PVP" boat now.
As with any other weapon a lot of it comes down to how you use it and picking your engagements. It's ttk on paper is nothing special (around .9 I think) but it's range, stability and exotic perk make it worthy of contention. I've also heard it's probably the best "feeling" pulse all around on a controller which is important for consistency and I can attest to the fact that it feels pretty darn good on KB/Mouse setup also.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
As with any other weapon a lot of it comes down to how you use it and picking your engagements. It's ttk on paper is nothing special (around .9 I think) but it's range, stability and exotic perk make it worthy of contention. I've also heard it's probably the best "feeling" pulse all around on a controller which is important for consistency and I can attest to the fact that it feels pretty darn good on KB/Mouse setup also.

I've yet to see those little goobers actually do anything meaningful in PVP. It's a solid pulse, it feels good, but there are far better pulses to use in PVP. Thing prospers best in PVE when you want to melt a boss or something. And that's fine considering PVE needs more primary exotic use to break the heavy exotic title reign.

Seems as good as any other well-rolled 450, with a special ability. 450's like Nightshade aren't common in PvP for a reason.

I more so say it because there are some Youtubers that are saying you can rock this thing in PVP. Nah, bruv. Ain't no reason to use this thing in Crucible. Either use a Blast Furnace or be like the cool kids who can get shit done with a hand cannon.

I've personally been using pulses lately after almost exclusively using HC since Warmind's shit meta ended. I've only liked Outcast and Blast Furnace. Outcast shreds up close, Furnace shreds from afar, Outbreak shreds at neither and nothing, like all 450s.

Last edited:

The Living Tribunal

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
D6Ntz9yW4AAhkjO.jpg

demi

Oct 27, 2017
what is a stat farmer? are those gold medals all fradulent? because the guy fighting TV isn't skilled enough to earn more than a few if that video is any indication.

stat farmers generally run stacked in QP to get high KD/A and gold medals and other weird shit. not a general indication of skill at all, as TrueVanguard has shown here

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I more so say it because there are some Youtubers that are saying you can rock this thing in PVP. Nah, bruv. Ain't no reason to use this thing in Crucible. Either use a Blast Furnace or be like the cool kids who can get shit done with a hand cannon.

I've personally been using pulses lately after almost exclusively using HC since Warmind's shit meta ended. I've only liked Outcast and Blast Furnace. Outcast shreds up close, Furnace shreds from afar, Outbreak shreds at neither and nothing, like all 450s.
That opinion might change when we have the completed catalyst available to us. It'll do more damage (TTK should increase) an kills with it will spawn more nanites.

As for PvP, I mean it's pretty sticky, but yea until we have the full catalyst version to evaluate, Aggro bursts have a lower TTK and can be equally or even more consistent, while enjoying a better (shorter) zoom lenses. And of course Kill Clip is the superior dueling perk in PvP compared to literally anything else.

So yea...it's a neat weapon and it feels pretty good, but a kill clip Blast Furnace with one of the short sights is still the king of Pulse PvP with a kill clip Bygones being a close second.

stat farmers generally run stacked in QP to get high KD/A and gold medals and other weird shit. not a general indication of skill at all, as TrueVanguard has shown here
Ah I see.

I also noticed people triggering gold medals in private matches while testing weapon damage ranges and such. Those don't actually count on their emblems, do they?

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I don't believe medals etc that occur in Private will show up on emblems, otherwise people would get the triumphs for them as well

Status
Not open for further replies.