• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
What is up with someone loading into a Gambit match and then doing nothing? Not one enemy killed, no motes banked, nothing. As far as I can tell they were just running around and shooting us (their teammates) and being as annoying as possible. Is it possible to report such a player?

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What is up with someone loading into a Gambit match and then doing nothing? Not one enemy killed, no motes banked, nothing. As far as I can tell they were just running around and shooting us (their teammates) and being as annoying as possible. Is it possible to report such a player?
21% Delirium perhaps?

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Probably people just wanting to do the milestone and GTFO

Or doing the 40 matches for Breakneck

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
if only gambit wasn't so damn tedious

Still doesn't excuse ruining other people's games though.
Correct. I mean all of us with Breakneck or Delirium went through the same slog and I may not have put 100% into every game I played but I sure as heck didn't try to ruin it for anyone else either. Let's not be that person. If you want to be miserable, fine. But don't drag others into it.

That being said I did get a Bygones with HCR, Outlaw and Rampage at the end as a reward so it wasn't all bad. That's by far the best roll on a Bygones that I have gotten.

Ghostfacedon

Apr 17, 2019
I'm lttp but finished the Redrix Broadsword quest, that was definitely a grind. Don't really see myself using it much, but it's cool to have. Now on to complete the chaperone quest.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
i don't fuckin blame em. Gambit could be the most unfun activity in Destiny. I'd sooner play Comp

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
There is a questionable amount of people using Breakneck in PVP. At the very least if you're going to use an auto have it be SUROS, you clowns.

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
What's the best pve legendary grenade launcher for boss damage?

Trying to stop using my pea shooter hammerhead lol

Dec 2, 2017
Wow, speaking of TrueVanguard I ran into him in the Crucible tonight.

truevanguardsnipsijcc.gif

I sniped him out of a super.

I should just quit Destiny now, I'm probably never topping that.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
I'm lttp but finished the Redrix Broadsword quest, that was definitely a grind. Don't really see myself using it much, but it's cool to have. Now on to complete the chaperone quest.
I like it better than I thought I would. It's damage fall-off distance is the same as Mida so even without any real range perks it hits hard at most distances. It's sneaky the same way that Mida (or Blast Furnace, for that matter) is sneaky in that you can easily kill someone outside of normal engagement / HC friendly ranges and with a CB mod it is a laser beam. It's only real weakness is the small'ish magazine but I'm hoping Shaxx will give me a roll that will take care of that. The base ttk doesn't concern me that much as I value consistency and being able to pick engagement range over fastest paper ttk anyway. In it's base form it isn't a great one on one weapon but it thrives in being able to pick someone off in a team fight to proc Desperado at which point it becomes very lethal.

i don't fuckin blame em. Gambit could be the most unfun activity in Destiny. I'd sooner play Comp
You are welcome to your opinion but I don't agree. I think Reckoning is easily worse and several of the old strikes are easily worse because they are so brainlessly easy at this point. At least Gambit can be a challenge, especially as a solo que.

There is a questionable amount of people using Breakneck in PVP. At the very least if you're going to use an auto have it be SUROS, you clowns.
Breakneck is ok. It isn't SUROS good, obviously, but neither is it terrible. I've gotten some strings of kills with it once Onslaught gets going and in that sense it's not too far off from being a shorter ranged Redrix.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Finished a Gambit Prime bounty last night and got a Night Watch scout rifle as a reward. I didn't realize it was a 200rpm Lightweight frame, just like Mida and Vouchsafe. All of a sudden, my interest is peaked. This one has Tactical Mag, Rapid Hit and Rampage with a range MW so it's a pretty good roll. With Rampage all of a sudden this gun has the one thing that Mida lacks and that is the ability to hit hard. For me, this has the potential to be a very, very good gun.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Anyone PC side up for doing Shattered Throne this week? I'll ask in Discord later but it would be great to do it with some ERA folks or Clan members. I need it for Izanagi.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, I'm fully versed and aware on Gambit - I have both Dredgen and Reckoner Titles. I stand by what I said

Dec 2, 2017
I think Gambit is a great time rolling with 4 people coordinating. The defined roles in Prime were a great idea. But I don't know that it's endlessly replayable in the way Crucible is, and I don't think that's any fault on it, that's just a hard expectation to set on any game mode.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
. New Lore video from Byf on Outbreak and it's significance. Give it a watch if you have around 20 minutes to spare.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
This help to explain siva? I'm out of the loop, and was literally just googling siva lore to try and get caught up but my head was spinning.
It does give some backstory on SIVA from D1. SIVA was basically a tech the Fallen were trying to use to make themselves into Cyborgs. Perhaps the most dangerous of the remaining Fallen commanders (Eramis, the Shipstealer) is trying to resurrect the House of Devils and unite the Fallen. Her plan was to raid the Cryptarch's vaults in the Old Tower and steal back the SIVA tech found in Outbreak. Mithrax, who has allied himself with the Guardians under the House of Light banner, tips the Guardians off and brings us in to intercept the heist. That's the short version.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Tomorrow I will officially be a Chronicler, giving me every title in the game except Unbroken (which I will never get so just let me hide it anyway). Aw yes

Dec 2, 2017
Tomorrow I will officially be a Chronicler, giving me every title in the game except Unbroken (which I will never get so just let me hide it anyway). Aw yes
You'll beat me to it, I was away for a couple of curse weeks so I still have 3 parts of Truth to Power to go. So at least one more cycle after this.

Hoping that DC ship finally drops this time around so I can graduate from Dredgen to Cursebreaker.

shermas

Oct 25, 2017
I've got about 10 eggs and 10 bones to find for cursebreaker. I have NO idea which ones I'm missing (I think I only got one or two eggs on my shattered throne runs). Trying to use those destiny tracker sites, but I'm not sure I'm going to find them all

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
I would consider myself to be very lucky if I even get the "easy" title of Wayfarer. I like that it's kind of a long term goal to work towards and not a huge priority but something to shoot for, nonetheless.

Dec 2, 2017
Why is the Mountaintop quest so absurd.

Going after it using a heavy grenade launcher in quickplay because breach load grenade launchers are seppuku machines. Got the 100 kills, but by my current calculations I'm on pace to complete the medals some time in 2027.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Which Dust Rock Blues is best? Both have Ranged MW and Accurized Rounds

Threat Detector + Rampage (I already MWed this one)

or

Field Prep + Rampage

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
Which Dust Rock Blues is best? Both have Ranged MW and Accurized Rounds

Threat Detector + Rampage (I already MWed this one)

or

Field Prep + Rampage
Use the one that has Full Choke or Rifled Barrel for pvp. If neither has them, use the Threat Detector one, the perk lets you know if there are enemies nearby, even through walls.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
I would consider myself to be very lucky if I even get the "easy" title of Wayfarer. I like that it's kind of a long term goal to work towards and not a huge priority but something to shoot for, nonetheless.

Wayfarer is basically impossible unless you love grinding out sleeper nodes on Mars. The last two weapons I need from them made me give up on the title.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
Man, how did everyone get their Dredgen titles?? Just playing as a group? The Protect the Runner triumph sounds harder now, too, since you only have two rounds to bank the 100 motes instead of 3. Well, I guess, it used to at least be possible solo, banking 30-35 motes a round isn't too tall of an order, unlike banking 50.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
Man, how did everyone get their Dredgen titles?? Just playing as a group? The Protect the Runner triumph sounds harder now, too, since you only have two rounds to bank the 100 motes instead of 3. Well, I guess, it used to at least be possible solo, banking 30-35 motes a round isn't too tall of an order, unlike banking 50.
75 now.

Dec 2, 2017

Yeah, find a group who'll let you go for it. Unless they're jerks they should be cool with it. They all probably had to do it too.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
I got my protect the runner solo. The guy was in the zone and just kept collecting and collecting and refused to die. I was pretty lucky in that. Now if I can get the invade and collect 3 motes and escape, that would make my day.

iPlod

Mar 11, 2019
Boy oh boy I cannot wait to finish up 21% Delirium and forget Gambit exists. I am not dedicated enough to this game mode to try for Dredgen at the moment.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017

why wont you get unbroken?

I bet you could pay like 30 bucks to get to legend if you're already at fabled i assume thats the sticking point? ok you gotta do that in 3 seperate seasons..., still. you can knock two out in the next month.

I've got everything except pretty much that. And only 2/3 pinnacle weapons but hell I already have fabled so I could get mountaintop or just wait until the next pinnacle weapon. The sticking point is hitting glory legend 3 times.

Again, these seals and triumphs are too difficult though.

Last edited:

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Gambit Prime was good to me last night. Got an Appended Mag (so 5 in the chamber) Opening Shot, One-Two Punch Last Man Standing and a Sole Survivor with Opening Shot as well. The One-Two Punch perk on LMS is the perk that can make it so Code of the Juggernaut Titan's got potentially reach half a million damage or more punches with Worm God Caress. Can't wait to punch a Forge boss for epic damage!

oracledragon

Oct 27, 2017
So as someone who put off Destiny 2 for a long time, recently finally decides to get into it, and is just about to finish off Warmind, what us the best / cheapest way to pick of Forsaken?

Status
Not open for further replies.