• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
So as someone who put off Destiny 2 for a long time, recently finally decides to get into it, and is just about to finish off Warmind, what us the best / cheapest way to pick of Forsaken?
Forsaken + Season Pass is the be all, end all of content and will get you everything. It's an absolute ton of stuff to do and despite playing (1 character) steadily since November of 2018 there's still quite a few things I have yet to see or do. If you like Destiny then right now is pretty much the best that Destiny 2 has ever been.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Wayfarer is basically impossible unless you love grinding out sleeper nodes on Mars. The last two weapons I need from them made me give up on the title.
As of today all I need are the Braytech Osprey from the Nightfall and the Ikelos SMG from EP to finish up the Mars part of that. That may still take me a while but the worst of the RNG grind is taken care of, I think.

Turbo Tu-Tone

Oct 27, 2017
Hardly anyone on this week :(
Borderlands GOTY and BL2 are taking up all my time now that I've got my PS3 characters back on PS4.
iOq8tgm.png

This gun gives me a shitton more satisfaction to fire than anything I've had in D2, thus far. It shouldn't, but it is. I'm out here just splashing motherfuckers and watching the sweet corrosive goodness dissolve them into nothingness. It's BLISS.

Dave_6

Oct 25, 2017
I just need the ghost shell to be Dredgen but unless there's going to be a triple infamy week I won't make a third reset this season.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Ghost Shell doesn't require Primeval, just resets. I don't believe it needs to be done in a single season either?

Dave_6

Oct 25, 2017
No, not a single season. I just now got my second ever reset done last week and got the 21% Delirium.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing happens with Mara... unfortunate

Arc Configuration changes:

- Fire Room path is different
- Console solution is different

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
It's high curse week right? Shattered throne is open? Cause I just had the weirdest thing happen to me when I loaded up the Dreaming City just now. On the map director Petra is in Rheasilvia but when I landed in Divalian Mists she was standing in front of me on her usual rock spot and the graphics were definitely still that of week 2 of the cycle instead of the usual week 3 look. Went back to the Tower for now. I'm sure it will sort itself out sooner or later.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Borderlands GOTY and BL2 are taking up all my time now that I've got my PS3 characters back on PS4.
iOq8tgm.png

This gun gives me a shitton more satisfaction to fire than anything I've had in D2, thus far. It shouldn't, but it is. I'm out here just splashing motherfuckers and watching the sweet corrosive goodness dissolve them into nothingness. It's BLISS.
Returning to Borderlands 2 gameplay made me realize what people meant when they said they felt PvP was impacting the balance of PvE. There are crazy weapons that we see in Borderlands 1, 2 and 3 that *could* be in Destiny 2 if not for the fact that they simply could not be allowed in PvP. And since every gun has to work on both modes, with very little deviation from a central theme and balance.

Arc Configuration changes:

- Fire Room path is different
- Console solution is different

Interesting. So we're going to have to wait awhile for a new solution.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Pyramidion and Tree of Probabilities this week, what luck. Gonna try and lower my times on those to see if the emblem drops for me

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Because I value my router and sanity, and I won't ever pay for that

It's fine I'm just being you know, logical about matters. I definitely get if somebody wants to get things "pure". Hell that's mainly why I went back and reached fabled myself. But OTOH I did find a little perverse pleasure in taking things Bungie doesn't want us to have without jumping through their hoops. Like no Bungie, it's a meaningless emblem (or whatever), anybody can have it. Same way everybody was cheesing to get the zero hour with 5 minutes left emblem, everybody and their dog has it and 95% did NOT get it legit i promise. Just call me a communist.

I'm pretty sure you have like 80k Triumph score so you're definitely not sane so that's out. And AFAIK it has nothing to do with YOUR router. But I'm obviously not trying to convince you to do anything, as always I dont care. Just pointing out that my take is in fact, the reasonable and rational one. BTW why was pulling your router plug to beat crota's or the annoying as hell heavy ammo glitch "cool" and they were "sticking it to bungie yee hah" and these other things aren't. Oh well I digress.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Man I played with a dick on gambit prime last week I just gotta relate. Guy apparently knew EVERYTHING about the mode, and probably the game. Went through everybodies loadouts critiquing them in a snobbish way. I think I actually learned something. I mean he apparently knew EVERY nuance. Well you should all be running mountaintop for DPS. Well you know 2 reapers is actually better than a reaper and a collector. Well you know you should just let the invade pass and and then with precisely 6.7 seconds left do x y and z, didn't you even know that?. Do you even know what that perk does, bro? Are you even aware how good Polaris Lance is? But then at the end of the day he was kind of an asshole which is no bueno.

Lets see my loadout he was fine with outbreak prime, but he didn't like hammerhead for my heavy, which actually made sense I only put it on in gambit for invading but I was actually running a reaper role this time, I switched to rocket launcher and I think I will more often. I've realized bungie nerfed MG boss damage. I was just running around with my MG in gambit all the time not realizing it's no longer much good at burning bosses. Plus my main armor is my PVP armor which is already set up (2X scavenger) for rocket launchers since I run wardcliff all the time.

The way some people (mostly dudes, male mind works a certain way and likes wargames) analyze the living shit out of every aspect of this game and love it is pretty cool to me.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Man I played with a dick on gambit prime last week I just gotta relate. Guy apparently knew EVERYTHING about the mode, and probably the game. Went through everybodies loadouts critiquing them in a snobbish way. I think I actually learned something. I mean he apparently knew EVERY nuance. Well you should all be running mountaintop for DPS. Well you know 2 reapers is actually better than a reaper and a collector. Well you know you should just let the invade pass and and then with precisely 6.7 seconds left do x y and z, didn't you even know that?. Do you even know what that perk does, bro? Are you even aware how good Polaris Lance is? But then at the end of the day he was kind of an asshole which is no bueno.

Lets see my loadout he was fine with outbreak prime, but he didn't like hammerhead for my heavy, which actually made sense I only put it on in gambit for invading but I was actually running a reaper role this time, I switched to rocket launcher and I think I will more often. I've realized bungie nerfed MG boss damage. I was just running around with my MG in gambit all the time not realizing it's no longer much good at burning bosses. Plus my main armor is my PVP armor which is already set up (2X scavenger) for rocket launchers since I run wardcliff all the time.

The way some people (mostly dudes, male mind works a certain way and likes wargames) analyze the living shit out of every aspect of this game and love it is pretty cool to me.

Hmmmm....I always use Hammerhead in Gambit. Guess I'll switch to my RL.

Turbo Tu-Tone

Oct 27, 2017
Returning to Borderlands 2 gameplay made me realize what people meant when they said they felt PvP was impacting the balance of PvE. There are crazy weapons that we see in Borderlands 1, 2 and 3 that *could* be in Destiny 2 if not for the fact that they simply could not be allowed in PvP. And since every gun has to work on both modes, with very little deviation from a central theme and balance.
Pocket Infinity and Vex Mythoclast from D1 instantly come to mind. And I never understood why the guns should have to exist in both spaces in this series. ND screwed up the FAL in UC2 multiplayer to the point where it was worthless to pick up. Still shot like a dream in SP, though.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
It's fine I'm just being you know, logical about matters. I definitely get if somebody wants to get things "pure". Hell that's mainly why I went back and reached fabled myself. But OTOH I did find a little perverse pleasure in taking things Bungie doesn't want us to have without jumping through their hoops. Like no Bungie, it's a meaningless emblem (or whatever), anybody can have it. Same way everybody was cheesing to get the zero hour with 5 minutes left emblem, everybody and their dog has it and 95% did NOT get it legit i promise. Just call me a communist.

I'm pretty sure you have like 80k Triumph score so you're definitely not sane so that's out. And AFAIK it has nothing to do with YOUR router. But I'm obviously not trying to convince you to do anything, as always I dont care. Just pointing out that my take is in fact, the reasonable and rational one. BTW why was pulling your router plug to beat crota's or the annoying as hell heavy ammo glitch "cool" and they were "sticking it to bungie yee hah" and these other things aren't. Oh well I digress.

what the hell are you going on about. lmao

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
I switched to rocket launcher and I think I will more often.
I started using Roar of the Bear this past week in Gambit just to do something different and I like it really well. I have a set of armor that has 2x scavenger perks and 1x reserve perk for RL and my Roar of the Bear is Quickdraw + Tracking with nearly maxed Blast Radius and Handling so it's great against mobs or invaders. Also frees up Exotic to run Lord of the Wolves since it absolutely melts now.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
So, I finally hit Legend Infamy in Gambit. I've got about 3 weeks to get the 3000 points necessary to prestige and get my 21% Delirium.

How hard is this going to be?

Side Note: I've run Scourge of the Past 5 times now and gotten two Anarchy's...but not a single Threat Level. Still need to get my hands on a few of the Gambit Prime weapons as well.

RNGesus is a weird god to pray to.

Ghostfacedon

Apr 17, 2019
So, I finally hit Legend Infamy in Gambit. I've got about 3 weeks to get the 3000 points necessary to prestige and get my 21% Delirium.

How hard is this going to be?

Side Note: I've run Scourge of the Past 5 times now and gotten two Anarchy's...but not a single Threat Level. Still need to get my hands on a few of the Gambit Prime weapons as well.

RNGesus is a weird god to pray to.

You have a few weeks before new season, so not that hard to grind that Gambit out.

I kinda wish I still raided, 1k voices and Anarchy look like cool weapons to have. Interested to see what exotic drops from the new raid activity next season.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
You have a few weeks before new season, so not that hard to grind that Gambit out.

I kinda wish I still raided, 1k voices and Anarchy look like cool weapons to have. Interested to see what exotic drops from the new raid activity next season.
What platform are you on? I'm an old Destiny 1 sherpa from back in the day and I haven't taught in awhile, but I feel as though I know the raids well enough at this point to usher people through.

Scourge of the Past is a cakewalk, there's very few mechanics to understand and even learning the raid for the first time it shouldn't take you more than a couple of hours. Last Wish is definitely more complex and takes longer to learn, but it's also easily either the best, or tied for the best raid in all of Destiny (only Kings Fall competes IMO)

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
So CoolGuy finally has his review of Outbreak Perfected up and it's a doozy. He says it's one of his favorite weapons in the game and, he thinks, has a hidden perk that explains its behavior. After watching his video I agree with him as the stability is SO much better than the stat sheet suggests. He says it has the Destiny 1 perk "Persistence" which is similar to the D2 perks "Rodeo" and "Dynamic Sway Reduction" but probably superior. Also, the aim assistance is ridiculous as you can aim several pixels off the head in PVP and still get crits with it. Anyway, watch the video as it is quite well explained.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Counterpoint

No PvP in anthem. Less to do.
True, but Anthem was slapped together in 16 months or some such.

Having no PvP at all is a different subject, btw.

So CoolGuy finally has his review of Outbreak Perfected up and it's a doozy. He says it's one of his favorite weapons in the game and, he thinks, has a hidden perk that explains its behavior. After watching his video I agree with him as the stability is SO much better than the stat sheet suggests. He says it has the Destiny 1 perk "Persistence" which is similar to the D2 perks "Rodeo" and "Dynamic Sway Reduction" but probably superior. Also, the aim assistance is ridiculous as you can aim several pixels off the head in PVP and still get crits with it. Anyway, watch the video as it is quite well explained.

Yea it's a good review and it will be relevant in PvP going forward and most certainly in PvE when that catalyst is finished and we get to see what it can really do. I assume it was posted here yesterday, no? Is this the first discussion of it?

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Wow

There was really nothing for the last lore drop visit? Any videos from people who got the last invitation early this week?

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
True, but Anthem was slapped together in 16 months or some such.

Having no PvP at all is a different subject, btw.

Yea it's a good review and it will be relevant in PvP going forward and most certainly in PvE when that catalyst is finished and we get to see what it can really do. I assume it was posted here yesterday, no? Is this the first discussion of it?
I haven't seen it mentioned but I apologize if I missed it.

In other news I finally finished Izanagi's Burden quest tonight. Found a group at Vorgeth and joined them til completion (which took like 30 minutes or less) and then found another group doing the Pyramidion Strike and then Sivik's. Of course I immediately took it into IB and 1 game in and I already love this thing. Why is it not used more?

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I haven't seen it mentioned but I apologize if I missed it.

In other news I finally finished Izanagi's Burden quest tonight. Found a group at Vorgeth and joined them til completion (which took like 30 minutes or less) and then found another group doing the Pyramidion Strike and then Sivik's. Of course I immediately took it into IB and 1 game in and I already love this thing. Why is it not used more?
Izanagi? Probably the slow ADS speed compared to other snapshot options + the amount of ammo required to make it body-shot (if you don't have multiple scavenger mods). But yea it's great when you're in that mood.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
You mean in the mood to get guaranteed kills even on really tricky shots? When would you not be? 😲
Well...I think when you get comfortable with sniper rifles, you'll find more often than not you'd rather have several shots available to kill multiple players rather than get 1 kill. So you don't load in 4 very often. Then you realize, "well why am I using this SR at all if I'm not going to use it for 4 bullet stacking?" Then you unequip it. Shooting people with 4x stacks is cool, but again...it's very expensive. Kill 2 for sure with 8 bullets or kill 4 or 5 with good aim using a well-rolled Supremacy/Fox/Alone/Shadow?

I like to think of Izanagi's as a really good beginner/introductory sniper weapon for PvP. It gets people in the door and using SR's because of the body kill potential while forcing them to actually learn how to aim SRs. After awhile, they can fairly comfortably transition to snappier SRs and rarely look back because they're comfortable getting headshots now. IB remains amazing for PvE content, though but I very rarely use IB for PvP anymore. Just when I'm in the mood.

iPlod

Mar 11, 2019
He's been getting lippy as of late but I have to agree with Tassi on this one.

There is a lack of permanence and Lord help me if the reset us for D3

It's how Destiny for the most part has always been. Even D1 had this issue, I mean sweet mother of pearl the moaning about not being able to use Fatebringer in Taken King still rings in my ears. But his point about the armour sets disappearing into the void is very true actually. It seems like such an absolute waste of effort and good design. Plus: Didn't play while Dragonfly Regalia was in the store? Sucks for you.

Maybe it's just me, but half the problem seems like Bungie has run out of really cool ideas for exotics. Letting you keep all your good gear for D3 only works if they can give you a pile of brand new, cool exotics to chase. But c'mon, a huge portion of the highly desirable exotics in D2 are either old D1 exotics or rehashes of old D1 gear (Whisper/Hammer).

Edgeward

Oct 27, 2017
Another week, no DC shell. It's the only random chance preventing me from my first title as I only have the eggs from the raid left.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's how Destiny for the most part has always been. Even D1 had this issue, I mean sweet mother of pearl the moaning about not being able to use Fatebringer in Taken King still rings in my ears. But his point about the armour sets disappearing into the void is very true actually. It seems like such an absolute waste of effort and good design. Plus: Didn't play while Dragonfly Regalia was in the store? Sucks for you.

Maybe it's just me, but half the problem seems like Bungie has run out of really cool ideas for exotics. Letting you keep all your good gear for D3 only works if they can give you a pile of brand new, cool exotics to chase. But c'mon, a huge portion of the highly desirable exotics in D2 are either old D1 exotics or rehashes of old D1 gear (Whisper/Hammer).
I think quite a fari few D2 exotics were from a design point very good, it's just that in D2's early life the were released prenerfed.

Graviton Lance
Sunshot
Polaris lance
Cold heart
One eyed mask
1k voices
Anarchy
Jötunn
Lemon
Wardcliff
Arcrius
Risk runner
Prospector
Black talon
Prometheus
Wavesplitter

Etc

All quality exotics.

If D3 is to have deeper RPG mechanics, then it will lend itself to much better and more imaginative exotics.

We can't be made to earn TLW for the third time.

Status
Not open for further replies.