• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iPlod

Mar 11, 2019
I think quite a fari few D2 exotics were from a design point very good, it's just that in D2's early life the were released prenerfed.

Graviton Lance
Sunshot
Polaris lance
Cold heart
One eyed mask
1k voices
Anarchy
Jötunn
Lemon
Wardcliff
Arcrius
Risk runner
Prospector
Black talon
Prometheus
Wavesplitter

Etc

All quality exotics.

If D3 is to have deeper RPG mechanics, then it will lend itself to much better and more imaginative exotics.

We can't be made to earn TLW for the third time.

Yeah I guess, I'd just like Bungie to throw the rulebook out and make some really cool and silly exotics, things like Icebreaker, Touch of Malice and Vex Mythoclast. Screw PvP balance, just give us fun toys to play with.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
guys, i'm sure there's some game somewhere where every gun kills all enemies just by looking at them...

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Been so long since I actually played crapible, but playing as double and going vs 6 stacks all night. I get it game, but can you try to make it even?

Dec 2, 2017
I haven't seen it mentioned but I apologize if I missed it.

In other news I finally finished Izanagi's Burden quest tonight. Found a group at Vorgeth and joined them til completion (which took like 30 minutes or less) and then found another group doing the Pyramidion Strike and then Sivik's. Of course I immediately took it into IB and 1 game in and I already love this thing. Why is it not used more?

Izanagi's rules and was easily my competitive sniper of choice until the curated Sole Survivor turned out to be the snappiest thing ever. The ADS on Izanagi isn't snapshot, but it's certainly quick enough. And the reticle is great.

Yeah I guess, I'd just like Bungie to throw the rulebook out and make some really cool and silly exotics, things like Icebreaker, Touch of Malice and Vex Mythoclast. Screw PvP balance, just give us fun toys to play with.
Please don't screw PvP balance. It's taken them until like this patch to finally achieve it.

Except for Jotunn. Nerf the tracking on that dumb thing.

This guy gets it.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Well...I think when you get comfortable with sniper rifles, you'll find more often than not you'd rather have several shots available to kill multiple players rather than get 1 kill. So you don't load in 4 very often. Then you realize, "well why am I using this SR at all if I'm not going to use it for 4 bullet stacking?" Then you unequip it. Shooting people with 4x stacks is cool, but again...it's very expensive. Kill 2 for sure with 8 bullets or kill 4 or 5 with good aim using a well-rolled Supremacy/Fox/Alone/Shadow?

I like to think of Izanagi's as a really good beginner/introductory sniper weapon for PvP. It gets people in the door and using SR's because of the body kill potential while forcing them to actually learn how to aim SRs. After awhile, they can fairly comfortably transition to snappier SRs and rarely look back because they're comfortable getting headshots now. IB remains amazing for PvE content, though but I very rarely use IB for PvP anymore. Just when I'm in the mood.
Yeah after thinking about it some more last night that's exactly what Izanagi's is; a great beginner/intro sniper that also happens to be extremely cool looking and sounding (which is a big plus for me!). It doesn't help that if you run it then you can't run TLW, Ace, Wardcliff, Thorn, Tractor Cannon, etc so I get why it isn't more popular. But still, I love it.

In 4 or 5 games using it last night my average number of kills per game did not go up (15 -20) but my number of sniper kills doubled versus my usual and my efficiency was up because I was dieing less (kills from afar are less risky). For someone like me who was working towards being a better sniper anyway Izanagi's might be a form of training wheels but it sure is fun and effective.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
It's old news now but I just got finished watching Drewsky's re-review of Izanagi's (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zHc7sPuPs4&t=321s) and he said a couple of things that were interesting.
1) The scope zoom is the same as The Persuader short zoom and therefore one of the shorter zoom scopes (although not as short as Twilight Oath) but it feels a little more unwieldy because of the boxy shape and FOV. Once you get used to it it's performance is great but it might be off-putting at first.
2) He thinks it's the best pairing with The Recluse as the potential to get an easy pick at pretty much any time and then activate Master of Arms makes it an extremely strong pairing, better even than Last Word and Oath/Gaze combo.
3) 2 bullets of Honed Edge (in other words, you can do this off of spawn with no additional ammo) can shut down a super with a head shot. This takes a lot of skill but if you can make the shot then this becomes extremely potent for winning matches.

Most of the folks who post here are, I think, a lot more accomplished and knowledgeable than I am about stuff like this so I apologize if I am just saying things that you already know. But for someone who's geeking out about his new toy I find it to be pretty awesome.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
Coolguy made a damn good video talking about 140/150 RPM Handcannon on consoles and how to control it. Basically its almost the same way for controlling fusion rifles bolts. Right stick pull down your aim so as to keep your barrel straight in order to land those hits and mitigate bloom as much as possible.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Coolguy made a damn good video talking about 140/150 RPM Handcannon on consoles and how to control it. Basically its almost the same way for controlling fusion rifles bolts. Right stick pull down your aim so as to keep your barrel straight in order to land those hits and mitigate bloom as much as possible.

It's a shame that console folks have to "fight" the controls in order to use some of these nifty guns but it's awesome to see the quality of content Coolguy is putting out right now. That man is doing an amazing job.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
It's a shame that console folks have to "fight" the controls in order to use some of these nifty guns but it's awesome to see the quality of content Coolguy is putting out right now. That man is doing an amazing job.

Yeah, I've been subscribed to him since D1. It's sad though that he's putting out vids on how to fight the controls instead of unique and interesting godrolls like in D1.

Hawkeye 131

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Raid Matchmaking, that's a spicy meatball. I've always been of the mindset that it shouldn't be a thing. I could see it possibly working for the normal versions of Raids as they tend to be slightly simpler, less complex and the mechanics are typically a little bit easier however, throwing six randos together with no guarantee that any of them have mics or are willing to use them isn't exactly the best formula for success. People can work together to a certain degree as we've seen in Escalation Protocol, Blind Well, BA Forges, Gambit, PvP and Reckoning but when you start to throw real mechanics into the mix, that's where things start to break down quickly.

Bungie has stated in the past that they design the Hard mode version of the raid first and then take out mechanics and features later for the normal modes. Problem is they moved away from that after Leviathan. Eater of Worlds, Spire of Stars, Last Wish and Scourge of the Past don't have them. Yes, EoW and SoS have prestige modes but it's just modifiers, the mechanics of the encounters don't change. So do we go back to Normal & Prestige versions of Raids or do we keep it as is with just the 'normal' versions?

And functionally how would that even work? Players select the Raid they want to do then start fresh? or select the specific encounter they wish to complete? Would a microphone be required? and if so, how would Bungie ensure people actually use it? Do they simplify encounters in the Raid to make concessions for random MM teams? Should players be required to already have a completion before entering the MM version?

It's a complex issue no doubt but I still standby my original stance.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Play Reckoning when it first launched and you got a glimpse of what a match made raid looks like. And that was just with the basic shit Reckoning demands.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I just can't see raid matchmaking happen. There are too many reasons and sub-goals people may have on any given day to be put together with randoms who may have their own agendas. Some might want to do the weekly challenge and don't even want to do the raid if people aren't going to do the challenge. Some might not want to do it at all because it could greatly increase the time required to complete the raid. Some might be trying to get their first raid clear while others are on their 20th run and just want to get in, get disappointed by RNG again, and get out in 40 minutes and are not interested in a 4 hour raid (which happens often with new players). And what if someone has to go early? Do you drop someone in as a replacement midway through a raid like it's QP or a Strike? Force them to play a raid where they may only get half of the raid's rewards because it didn't start them with a group at the beginning? If you don't, one early departure can kill a raid. If you do, you probably frustrate lots of players.

Again, some sort of in-game browser feature where you can create lobbies with descriptive titles, modifiers, and expectations like we can do in an LFG post where people can search and find groups with the same goals is probably the closest you can get to "matchmaking". Maybe some boxes you can check that act as matchmaking filters to help you match make only with others who checked the same boxes? Which also take into account the number of completions you have? Idunno. No elegant solution here.

Play Reckoning when it first launched and you got a glimpse of what a match made raid looks like. And that was just with the basic shit Reckoning demands.
Agree. Just throwing random people together without any sort of filtering...nope.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
I agree. Raid Matchmaking that is identical to the current Strike or Crucible playlist matchmaking would be a bad idea. The D2 app already does most all of what folks want in an in-game matchmaking solution it just so happens that it is not in-game. Copying that functionality and making it in-game would probably be the best overall solution.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I agree. Raid Matchmaking that is identical to the current Strike or Crucible playlist matchmaking would be a bad idea. The D2 app already does most all of what folks want in an in-game matchmaking solution it just so happens that it is not in-game. Copying that functionality and making it in-game would probably be the best overall solution.
oh does it? never used it before.

SgtCobra

Oct 25, 2017
So much regret for grinding out for that Not Forgotten, the range increase is really not worth it in my eyes. Also, the hell happened to pvp? Again. There haven't been any shifts in the meta but people are behaving really different since the last time I played...Lots of teamshotting and running aways action going on.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
So much regret for grinding out for that Not Forgotten, the range increase is really not worth it in my eyes. Also, the hell happened to pvp? Again. There haven't been any shifts in the meta but people are behaving really different since the last time I played...Lots of teamshotting and running aways action going on.
I haven't noticed this at all, but people are always going to utilize cover, as they should. If they're falling back from fights they immediately realize they aren't in a position to win...I mean that's what they're supposed to do? Players getting smarter is a good thing.

SgtCobra

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't noticed this at all, but people are always going to utilize cover, as they should. If they're falling back from fights they immediately realize they aren't in a position to win...I mean that's what they're supposed to do? Players getting smarter is a good thing.
I definitely did. But I only noticed they're doing it way more than back then, perhaps because that's the easiest thing to do when you're up against a NF.
It is the right thing to do I guess, it's just boring to play against.

Oct 30, 2017
Izanagi's rules and was easily my competitive sniper of choice until the curated Sole Survivor turned out to be the snappiest thing ever. The ADS on Izanagi isn't snapshot, but it's certainly quick enough. And the reticle is great.

Please don't screw PvP balance. It's taken them until like this patch to finally achieve it.

Except for Jotunn. Nerf the tracking on that dumb thing.

This guy gets it.

Having loads of fun in IB. Wild Jotunn appears. Me: "how they got rockets already?!"
Friend: "that's a fusion rifle. That hits like a rocket. And tracks hard."

Fuck. Jotunn.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
It's a quick raid and can be run eadily with any of thd 3 characters, so run it many more times, lol

I know....but I never get alone time for a long stretch of time when I can play. Halfway during our raid, my wife and daughter returned and despite my request that things be quiet until I was done, there was much nose, cookings being baked and my daughter singing showtunes-not sure if you heard or not.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I used Jotunn for my 500 Burden kills the first time

Then I moved onto the Arbalest, oh yea baby

Hawkeye 131

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Lol Jotunn. I can't remember the last time I was so disappointed by an Exotic. The tracking is dodgy at best and quite easy to counter provided you see it coming. You can literally side-step and dodge the bolt most of the time.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
What is up with people bailing as soon as they see the Corrupted Strike appear? Like I get that it's not brainlessly easy like some of the older strikes but is having to think and pay attention really such a bad thing?

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
What is up with people bailing as soon as they see the Corrupted Strike appear? Like I get that it's not brainlessly easy like some of the older strikes but is having to think and pay attention really such a bad thing?

Too long and people are still too stupid to understand ya need to pass the ball.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Anyone ever user Wish-Ender? The perk seems really powerful but the draw time is crazy slow. I suppose it might be fun in Rumble but I'm not sure it has great uses outside of just having a laugh in PVP.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Anyone ever user Wish-Ender? The perk seems really powerful but the draw time is crazy slow. I suppose it might be fun in Rumble but I'm not sure it has great uses outside of just having a laugh in PVP.
No, nobody uses Wish-Ender. Slow draw time. Plus, bows just aren't going to be terribly popular. But if you want to get it, it can pair well with a smg, QuickDraw 110 hand cannon, or sidearm. 1 good shot from bow and you can 1-tap with a 110 HC or small burst from something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.