• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Guys I have my own thread now https://www.resetera.com/threads/ja...ite-headed-towards-the-nc-outer-banks.117010/

jaws.gif

giphy.gif

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
What is up with people bailing as soon as they see the Corrupted Strike appear? Like I get that it's not brainlessly easy like some of the older strikes but is having to think and pay attention really such a bad thing?

It's kind of a weird strike, utterly gorgeous but kind of confusing and you cant just blast through it. I think the casual players is looking for straightforward, quick, blast ahead strikes.

The art though on stuff like The Corrupted and the Last Wish raid, just gorgeous. The art team in Destiny is S-tier but with that stuff they've outdone themselves.

It seems like people always drop that Vex strike with the big teleporting guy at the end too.

I dunno, me personally for example I kinda like the one with the big robed wizard thing who floats around at the end. I never remember the name of any of these strikes.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Well...I think when you get comfortable with sniper rifles, you'll find more often than not you'd rather have several shots available to kill multiple players rather than get 1 kill. So you don't load in 4 very often. Then you realize, "well why am I using this SR at all if I'm not going to use it for 4 bullet stacking?" Then you unequip it. Shooting people with 4x stacks is cool, but again...it's very expensive. Kill 2 for sure with 8 bullets or kill 4 or 5 with good aim using a well-rolled Supremacy/Fox/Alone/Shadow?

I like to think of Izanagi's as a really good beginner/introductory sniper weapon for PvP. It gets people in the door and using SR's because of the body kill potential while forcing them to actually learn how to aim SRs. After awhile, they can fairly comfortably transition to snappier SRs and rarely look back because they're comfortable getting headshots now. IB remains amazing for PvE content, though but I very rarely use IB for PvP anymore. Just when I'm in the mood.

The idea of a gun that one hit bodies is just atrocious and the worst to be on the receiving end of. Awful job, Bungie.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Someone's never used/encountered the LeMon in PVP
I use bows in PVP but then again I use a little of everything. Using the same thing all the time has a tendency to kill the fun. LeMon (or any bow, really) has the unique ability to 1 shot clean-up someone who's only taken a little bit of damage while not using any special or heavy ammo. Killing someone outright with a 150 to the head with LeMon because someone had tapped them with a single shot of a scout rifle or hand cannon will never get old.

At the same time, bows are the antithesis of efficient killing in terms of time and effort spent. Their .ttk's are high (on someone with full health) and there's that whole "perfect draw" mechanic to worry about if you want max damage. But, for me, what is the most efficient can become the antithesis of fun and creativity. And that's a trade I will gladly make most of the time but of course I can't speak for everybody.

Nov 14, 2017
What is up with people bailing as soon as they see the Corrupted Strike appear? Like I get that it's not brainlessly easy like some of the older strikes but is having to think and pay attention really such a bad thing?
It's actually a very easy strike to speed run, but most people are too dumb to understand how it's done. It's similar in that case to echo chamber; I'd often load into that and see people bail. It seemed like most players didn't understand you could just grab the ball then easily run past everything to make it to the boss in a few minutes.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I use bows in PVP but then again I use a little of everything. Using the same thing all the time has a tendency to kill the fun. LeMon (or any bow, really) has the unique ability to 1 shot clean-up someone who's only taken a little bit of damage while not using any special or heavy ammo. Killing someone outright with a 150 to the head with LeMon because someone had tapped them with a single shot of a scout rifle or hand cannon will never get old.

At the same time, bows are the antithesis of efficient killing in terms of time and effort spent. Their .ttk's are high (on someone with full health) and there's that whole "perfect draw" mechanic to worry about if you want max damage. But, for me, what is the most efficient can become the antithesis of fun and creativity. And that's a trade I will gladly make most of the time but of course I can't speak for everybody.
agreed. Games are best when *fun* is able to supercede absolute efficiency. That's true in every game.

....but in game modes where people must be competitive with other people, players will gravitate towards things that allow them to compete the best and subsequently win more. Because no matter how much people say about "just having fun", most people playing PvP in a game like Destiny 2 partially (or even wholly) define "fun" as winning. By the amount of success they have and the number of bodies that have incremented their masterworked weapon's kill counter. Nobody ever said they had fun in PvP after going 0/13/2 in a match, right? What they're going to do with those "fun" weapons is switch them out of their loadout for the next match. Because winning at the end of the day is still why people play (or complain about) PvP and their experiences. "Fun" as it relates to weapon diversity will probably always be something a little lower on the totem pole for most players.

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
Damn, that feeling when you realize you're not going to get Notorious Hustle because you still have 200 envoy / primal kills to go... ;_;

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
agreed. Games are best when *fun* is able to supercede absolute efficiency. That's true in every game.

....but in game modes where people must be competitive with other people, players will gravitate towards things that allow them to compete the best and subsequently win more. Because no matter how much people say about "just having fun", most people playing PvP in a game like Destiny 2 partially (or even wholly) define "fun" as winning. By the amount of success they have and the number of bodies that have incremented their masterworked weapon's kill counter. Nobody ever said they had fun in PvP after going 0/13/2 in a match, right? What they're going to do with those "fun" weapons is switch them out of their loadout for the next match. Because winning at the end of the day is still why people play (or complain about) PvP and their experiences. "Fun" as it relates to weapon diversity will probably always be something a little lower on the totem pole for most players.
I don't dispute that fact. I wouldn't find completely tanking to be fun either. But there's a happy middle ground I think where I can satisfy my curiosity and still contribute to my team and feel successful. If I was playing Comp I wouldn't use a bow, that's for sure, because the goal of Comp is to win and climb the ladder. But for any other mode I'm pretty content just to "play".

Nov 14, 2017
Damn, that feeling when you realize you're not going to get Notorious Hustle because you still have 200 envoy / primal kills to go... ;_;
Just about everyone I know got the kills at roughly the same time as the infamy reset. I don't know how you could make it to infamy reset without killing the requisite number of envoys / primevals, unless you're not playing that much prime.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
damn so many ppl scamming in the LFG's for zero hour

"KWTD" but only arriving at boss room with two minutes to spare

waste of 20 minutes a pop

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
Just about everyone I know got the kills at roughly the same time as the infamy reset. I don't know how you could make it to infamy reset without killing the requisite number of envoys / primevals, unless you're not playing that much prime.

I'm not at reset yet. I think I just hit legend. Not sure when reset is actually, just saw that there weren't many ranks left...

Am I still far off?
Also, I've played very little Prime. Just doing normal Gambit right now.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
If I keep completed weekly gambit bounties for the possible double/triple infamy next week, will I be locked out of that week's weeklies when I turn in the old ones?

I'm not at reset yet. I think I just hit legend. Not sure when reset is actually, just saw that there weren't many ranks left...

Am I still far off?

Legend (12 000) is max rank, you can highlight the gambit section in the director you should have the option to reset your infamy.

Also Gambit Prime might be better for the farming step because there are more envoys to kill.

ClassAndFear

Oct 30, 2017
Invading. I did it a lot, missed the envoys, got my reset, and now I'm grinding out the final thirty percent of kills I need. The fact you need the killing blow is just brutal. That percentage dribbles up.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Lol Jotunn. I can't remember the last time I was so disappointed by an Exotic. The tracking is dodgy at best and quite easy to counter provided you see it coming. You can literally side-step and dodge the bolt most of the time.
Not been my experience with it.

P2p means that actually dodging it is rng

But more times than bit you'll hit your target and it will die. Great exotic. Powerful enough to desirable but not so powerful its broken, useful in pvp and pve.

*Chefkiss*

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Playing comp, and I got kicked. First time I ever got kicked after I updated my network. All of a sudden I get a rabbit error while flying down to join a pvp game? suspicious!

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

Trust me, oath keepers +lemon = pvp easy mode.

Nov 14, 2017

Am I still far off?
Invading. I did it a lot, missed the envoys, got my reset, and now I'm grinding out the final thirty percent of kills I need. The fact you need the killing blow is just brutal. That percentage dribbles up.
If your going for delirium, I'd avoid normal gambit completely and just play a primeval / envoy slaying role. Skull warlock or tether warlock are best. You can get 10 envoy kills a match.

Dec 2, 2017
Not really. Play Prime & use Lord of Wolves. Shoot a nearby add to trigger the perk, then you can two-burst the envoys. You'll watch that % climb up pretty quickly.

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
If your going for delirium, I'd avoid normal gambit completely and just play a primeval / envoy slaying role. Skull warlock or tether warlock are best. You can get 10 envoy kills a match.

That would be a Sentry then? Should I bother grinding the gear?

Everyone keeps recommending Skull with Warlock but it still eludes me. I'll give it a shot though. Thanks for the suggestion! Not even sure if Deliriumis worth it, but I like Gambit so no biggie.

Just need to decide who to "stand with" now.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Tidbits from another day with Izanagi's Burden:
1) 4x Honed Edge will take half health off of Forge Saboteur. Nothing like dropping one of those guys in 2 shots. 😈
2) Did the "Prove Your Worth" mission (part of the Wish-Ender quest chain) and a 4x Honed Edge did 1/3rd of a Taken Boss's health. They went down fast.
3)Still getting used to the scope but I was able to make some regular shots and kills with it in Iron Banner last night. Stat wise it's a better than average 90rpm sniper (adaptive frame) with the best handling score among them all and the second highest recoil direction stat. The lack of Quickdraw or Snapshot is noticed but is a fair trade considering the exotic perk. It has a very marked vertical "kick" after each shot that for some reason I notice more on single shots than on the Honed Edge shots.
4) 4x Honed Edge, even on a body shot, does enough damage to someone in a Super that clean-up becomes pretty easy. I had a Fist of Havoc Titan chasing me on Vostok last night and I was able to turn, body shot him with 4x Honed Edge and then kill him with melee. There was definitely some luck involved as he missed his lunge after I body shot him and that gave me the time I needed to finish him off but still, this gun has some serious power.
5) Basically, Izanagi's can best be thought of as a hybrid sniper/heavy weapon. It can be used as a sniper, 1 shot at a time, and has the stats to be pretty good at it. But with Honed Edge it becomes a second heavy weapon which is great flexibility to have in a load out.

Edit - I want a Catalyst for this ASAP. The easy answer would be something that gives it the equivalent of Quickdraw (call it Iaijutsu if you want to keep the Japanese lore connection) but that might be too much. Alternatively, something that increases the stability and handling would also be a great choice.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Looks like the grenade launcher Saladin is selling this week from Iron Banner rewards is a pretty great roll. Aggressive Frame, Proximity Grenades, Blast Radius MW with Quickdraw and Threat Detector. Seems like it would be a useful tool to have for anyone working on the Mountaintop.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017

Everyone keeps recommending Skull with Warlock but it still eludes me. I'll give it a shot though. Thanks for the suggestion! Not even sure if Deliriumis worth it, but I like Gambit so no biggie.

Sentry gear is not needed at all, envoys in Prime are way weaker than the normal Gambit counter parts. You can almost two shot them with a shotgun.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
I'm closing in on my second Gambit reset (think I'm up to Fabled III). I feel like I play a very healthy amount of Gambit. Not sure if three resets for the Ghost is in it for me.

Been waffling on my loadout a lot, speaking of which.

I love the Hung Jury 2.0 Distant Relation, but whereas, say in PvE I can pair that with Arbalest, I almost feel like I'm giving up my most important weapon slot using DR in Gambit. For awhile I had been rolling Breakneck/Telesto/Hammerhead but felt like I was lacking Primeval DPS, especially once I started playing Prime, and that's a big part of the reason I started messing around with my loadout. Been kinda veering back to Breakneck/Lord of Wolves/Hammerhead (but at least in Prime where i'm not invading, I should probably use Delirium instead). I feel like a lot of the time, the second damage phase is positioned close to the Primeval so I can unload with Lord of Wolves, but otherwise I still have a DPS problem... as well as a range one. Gotta keep grinding for a god roll Blast Furnace I guess. What are the best Kinetic Scouts, for that matter?

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Tidbits from another day with Izanagi's Burden:
1) 4x Honed Edge will take half health off of Forge Saboteur. Nothing like dropping one of those guys in 2 shots. 😈
2) Did the "Prove Your Worth" mission (part of the Wish-Ender quest chain) and a 4x Honed Edge did 1/3rd of a Taken Boss's health. They went down fast.
3)Still getting used to the scope but I was able to make some regular shots and kills with it in Iron Banner last night. Stat wise it's a better than average 90rpm sniper (adaptive frame) with the best handling score among them all and the second highest recoil direction stat. The lack of Quickdraw or Snapshot is noticed but is a fair trade considering the exotic perk. It has a very marked vertical "kick" after each shot that for some reason I notice more on single shots than on the Honed Edge shots.
4) 4x Honed Edge, even on a body shot, does enough damage to someone in a Super that clean-up becomes pretty easy. I had a Fist of Havoc Titan chasing me on Vostok last night and I was able to turn, body shot him with 4x Honed Edge and then kill him with melee. There was definitely some luck involved as he missed his lunge after I body shot him and that gave me the time I needed to finish him off but still, this gun has some serious power.
5) Basically, Izanagi's can best be thought of as a hybrid sniper/heavy weapon. It can be used as a sniper, 1 shot at a time, and has the stats to be pretty good at it. But with Honed Edge it becomes a second heavy weapon which is great flexibility to have in a load out.

Edit - I want a Catalyst for this ASAP. The easy answer would be something that gives it the equivalent of Quickdraw (call it Iaijutsu if you want to keep the Japanese lore connection) but that might be too much. Alternatively, something that increases the stability and handling would also be a great choice.
You do know the rest of us have had this weapon for several months and know what it does, right?

I had to check what page I was on because I thought I was reading a 4-month old post. lol

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Izanagi is a sniper with training wheels. I appreciate it for getting me into snipers but you move on to Supremacy or Twilight Oath like a real lad.

A rapid fire snipey with snapshot and you win.

Hugs

Oct 28, 2017

I got Delerium a few days ago. It's a ton of fun in PvE, haven't tried it out in PvP yet. If you have a good Hammerhead roll it might not be that worth it, but I haven't unequipped it since I got it.

Arbalest is also really good for taking down Primevals, and is also good for killing invaders/invading.

And stand with the Vangaurd. Drifters a chump.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Izanagi is a sniper with training wheels. I appreciate it for getting me into snipers but you move on to Supremacy or Twilight Oath like a real lad.

no lies detected.

He'll get there in a month or so. His Burden still has that "new car smell".

I got Delerium a few days ago. It's a ton of fun in PvE, haven't tried it out in PvP yet. If you have a good Hammerhead roll it might not be that worth it, but I haven't unequipped it since I got it.
Same with this weapon, tbh. Dope for a week or two. Then the new car smell wore off and well...few and far between have been the occasions where I wanted to use it over a well-rolled Hammerhead. It's just too versatile, wonderful on ammo conservation, and too good from medium or long range which is generally when you want to use a LMG. I haven't used 21% since week 3 of its release. It's fine...it's just not a Hammerhead.

Hawkeye 131

Oct 27, 2017
Canada

Actually you've got that the wrong way round. Supremacy and Twilight Oath stat wise are superior. They have better RoF, better stability, better handling, better reload speed and better aim assistance as well as more ammo in the mag plus they don't take up the exotic slot.

The only things Izanagi's Burden has going for it in PvP are higher impact and range (both from being a lower RoF sniper) and better recoil.

Edit; Plus Twilight Oath and Supremacy can take mods and have MW upgrades...

Last edited:

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

Arbalest is also really good for taking down Primevals, and is also good for killing invaders/invading.

And stand with the Vangaurd. Drifters a chump.
Yup, Drifters a whinny little bitch boi

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Actually you've got that the wrong way round. Supremacy and Twilight Oath stat wise are superior. They have better RoF, better stability, better handling, better reload speed and better aim assistance as well as more ammo in the mag plus they don't take up the exotic slot.

The only things Izanagi's Burden has going for it in PvP are higher impact and range (both from being a lower RoF sniper) and better recoil.

No one is talking stats or which is better. Obviously Izanagi ain't better. The one shot body kill is what makes Izanagi a training wheels sniper. Thus, the discussion before you.

You use it before moving on to the good shit.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
First time I used it I professed in this thread that it was my favorite exotic ever. Now it's a dust collector.
Same. After putting about 2000 kills on my Twilight Oath and about 400 on my Supremacy over the last few months...yea, I just can't go back for PvP. Or, not very often. But it was the first SR I spent serious time with in D2 so for me at least it was a great training wheels SR. Like I said earlier, I break it out when I'm in the mood to be an asshole with 4x stacks. But that's just about the only reason to use the weapon. When you're not looking for 4x stack kills because you'd rather get headshots and be more efficient with your ammo, there aren't a lot of great reasons to use it at all. It does have lower flinch in my experience so that's a consideration, but idk about locking up your exotic option in exchange for a little lower flinch. IDK, but yea there's a reason it's not used much in PvP, as is the case for quite a few weapons once the new car smell wears off.

If a Catalyst gave it snapshot sights or quickdraw, I'd use it more in PvP. In fact, it would probably replace my Supremacy.

That said, it's still great in PvE. Crazy damage out of the slot and really strong if you're looking to run a Hammerhead in the power slot. Once I realized you could reload straight to a 4X stack without having to reload it twice I was very happy with the weapon in PvE. I really should use it more for PvE.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
no lies detected.

He'll get there in a month or so. His Burden still has that "new car smell".

Same with this weapon, tbh. Dope for a week or two. Then the new car smell wore off and well...few and far between have been the occasions where I wanted to use it over a well-rolled Hammerhead. It's just too versatile, wonderful on ammo conservation, and too good from medium or long range which is generally when you want to use a LMG. I haven't used 21% since week 3 of its release. It's fine...it's just not a Hammerhead.

Me and my friend actually LTTP'd Shattered Throne for the first time this week and I melted Dul Incaru in a single phase with 21% so it has that going for it at least.

A good Hammerhead is definitely more versatile but it feels like 21% can pump out more DPS, especially since you don't have to reload.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
I've got a couple of great rolls on Twilight Oath including the curated one. I just don't like it. And I'm well aware of being able to 2x body shot with the rapid fire frames but again, I don't care for the gun in the way it looks or sounds. My favorite Legendary (and the one to get my first "Mission Control" medal) is actually Tatara Gaze. I have a Quickdraw / Opening Shot Tatara Gaze and am still working on getting a Quickdraw or Snapshot with Killclip from Gaze from the Black Armory.

But none of that takes away from what Izanagi's brings to the table which is flexibility in PVE and a nifty (if ammo expensive) trick in PVP.

You do know the rest of us have had this weapon for several months and know what it does, right?

I had to check what page I was on because I thought I was reading a 4-month old post. lol

Wait, am I being shamed for not being a Destiny 2 elite and being on the forefront of loot acquisition? Because that's pretty much what this sounds like. I guess if I get any other exciting and fun toys that everyone else has had for 4 months I'll either keep it myself or discuss it elsewhere.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I've got a couple of great rolls on Twilight Oath including the curated one. I just don't like it. And I'm well aware of being able to 2x body shot with the rapid fire frames but again, I don't care for the gun in the way it looks or sounds. My favorite Legendary (and the one to get my first "Mission Control" medal) is actually Tatara Gaze. I have a Quickdraw / Opening Shot Tatara Gaze and am still working on getting a Quickdraw or Snapshot with Killclip from Gaze from the Black Armory.

But none of that takes away from what Izanagi's brings to the table which is flexibility in PVE and a nifty (if ammo expensive) trick in PVP.

Wait, am I being shamed for not being a Destiny 2 elite and being on the forefront of loot acquisition? Because that's pretty much what this sounds like. I guess if I get any other exciting and fun toys that everyone else has had for 4 months I'll either keep it myself or discuss it elsewhere.
th

Dec 2, 2017
No one is talking stats or which is better. Obviously Izanagi ain't better. The one shot body kill is what makes Izanagi a training wheels sniper. Thus, the discussion before you.

You use it before moving on to the good shit.
Nah, he's got a point. You can't move on to the sniper with the highest aim assist in Destiny and then call another one baby mode. Izanagi's has utility for really skilled players as a super shutdown, or using honed edge to snipe through little cutouts in walls and get ankle 1-shots before people round corners (which can take serious reflexes).

Don't get me wrong, I'm a full-time convert to the cult of snapshot, but things like Bite of the Fox, Aachen or Sole Survivor are the Tru Boss snipers imo. I personally hate the lack of range on 140 rpms, it lets me down on wide open Gambit maps or long Crucible lanes (like outside from A on Meltdown) all the time. Bullets can just vanish.

SuperKnux64

Jan 14, 2018
Not really Destiny news but Microsoft and Sony are collaborating on working on possible cloud save solutions for future gaming. We can at least hopefully see Cross-Save available with Destiny games. I main on PC but have no issues playing on PS4 with my other Destiny friends there. So I hope it's a step in the right direction.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I've got a couple of great rolls on Twilight Oath including the curated one. I just don't like it.
You don't like the Curated Twilight Oath?

Damn...Idunno what to say if a snapshot Twilight isn't greasing your gears. I never had one until early March. I paired it with TLW and by the end of March I had put 1,500 kills on it and couldn't believe how good the weapon was. Shortest zoom factor of any sniper rifle in the game + generous hitbox (dreaming city targeting recital is OP), low per-shot recoil, reasonable flinch, and maximum fire rate allowing for easy rapid follow-up shots. There's a reason you see some players running around with 30,000 kills with this SR. For me it's a very comfortable 7-10 kills per game on an average day.

Only SR that might be as good as or better than the curated Twilight Oath is a firmly planted one. And that's only if you're willing to trade flick shot potential for superior stability while crouched.

Note: I am still waiting on a snapshot + opening shot Sole Survivor to drop and I might like that one a lot too...but I have spent time with many SR's at this point and I consider a snapshot Twilight Oath the best PvP SR in the game. And in the kinetic slot, a snapshot Supremacy is second to none.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.