• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FacesAndAces

Chicken Chaser
Avenger
Dec 9, 2017
Yeah that one is gonna take me a bit.
*reads MoT requirements* - "earn any crucible pinnacle weapon"

NOOOOOO!!!!

6fcd21af9cd3cc033ac160ac54fdf829.gif

Just go for Revoker? That's 300 sniper kills and 3500 accumulated total glory.

That's pretty easy.

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
Just saw this and not the least bit surprised after they broke Blind Well

Anyway for those interested:

Don't turn in any tributes (place them down). Place the "banner" tribute you get for the quest to open the door, then immediately back out to orbit. Load back in, repeat. The end

Everyone that has gotten this already has my respect....but fuck that I am gonna do the cheese

Dynheart

Self-requested ban
Oct 31, 2017
I feel like the bad juju quest was designed to take out a lot of the resources out of the "economy." I mean, if people want to sit on the quest to get that huge discount, sure, I highly doubt there will be many, though. Most will dump all they have to get the gun. I know a small sect of the community has a lot of resources, but even going for that catalyst, it's gonna put a dent in the reserves for sure.

Jun 4, 2019
I feel like the bad juju quest was designed to take out a lot of the resources out of the "economy." I mean, if people want to sit on the quest to get that huge discount, sure, I highly doubt there will be many, though. Most will dump all they have to get the gun. I know a small sect of the community has a lot of resources, but even going for that catalyst, it's gonna put a dent in the reserves for sure.
Not really. Just wait for Spider to sell whatever mat you need for shards and you'll have plenty. Glimmer is obviously easy to amass. Jokes on you if you already bought the shards/bright dust tributes.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
I am completely willing to wait and build up a nice discount with Emperor Calus before purchasing Tributes for Bad Juju. Lumina I wanted as quickly as possible and was willing to grind to get it the first week. Juju can wait. It's not something I need right now.

It's not like those dailies from the Calus visage are tough either. 1 week's worth on 1 character = 28% discount. 2 weeks = 56% and you'll max the discount before the 3rd week is up. I have no problem waiting that long since I don't have a ton of spare resources laying around.

Dynheart

Self-requested ban
Oct 31, 2017
Not really. Just wait for Spider to sell whatever mat you need for shards and you'll have plenty. Glimmer is obviously easy to amass. Jokes on you if you already bought the shards/bright dust tributes.

Well, the last part was unnecessary, as all I was doing was giving an opinion on the quest design.

For the record, I do use spider. /shrug

demi

Oct 27, 2017
If you have the Platinum Starling ship (the reward for 100 forge frames) you can buy it for 2500 glimmer, and shard it for 5000. EZ profit.

I think you can do it with the trials ghost as well, maybe others?

xGeneral Ice

Nov 1, 2017
I just joined an LFG trying to get NF strikes done to do the calus thing, and I was at 87% so I didn't need to do much. So I joined a group that wanted to do a 50k for luminos. So I thought sure why not.

I joined and am greeted by a Blackout, ARC singe, heavyweight, and a minus 240 modifier. Da fuq?

The multiplier was like 4.26. I was so mad that I wasted time for something I didn't sign up for.

LawfulEnder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well, the last part was unnecessary, as all I was doing was giving an opinion on the quest design.

For the record, I do use spider. /shrug

I don't think that was a shot at you personally. I'm fairly sure that poster just meant Shards/Dust are the only currencies that aren't extremely easy (and cheap) to amass through Spider, and as a result the only ones that are definitely worth waiting for the discount.

Even then, some people can easily afford to do it.

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
I went ham yesterday and just got tributes enough to get the Juju. Felt great and plays great. I love how the mission itself just starts with you jumping into a portal. Doesn't have to load or anything. Im gonna wait on the catalyst though myself.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017

Don't turn in any tributes (place them down). Place the "banner" tribute you get for the quest to open the door, then immediately back out to orbit. Load back in, repeat. The end

GUESS WHO HASNT PLACED ANY TRIBUTES

Edit: This sounds like I'd have to do work on my Titan though, who I haven't touched in a while, dont I have to do shit to unlock the Nessus barge on alts? And it's an incomplete solution. Not sure.

Edit: Nope, barge is there on my Titan. No quest. I couldn't remember. Or if there is it's accountwide.

Last edited:

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
I just joined an LFG trying to get NF strikes done to do the calus thing, and I was at 87% so I didn't need to do much. So I joined a group that wanted to do a 50k for luminos. So I thought sure why not.

I joined and am greeted by a Blackout, ARC singe, heavyweight, and a minus 240 modifier. Da fuq?

The multiplier was like 4.26. I was so mad that I wasted time for something I didn't sign up for.

But did you have fun?

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
And of course there's already a tribute hall cheese, which can only be done if you haven't placed any tributes on any character yet. This cheese will net you all 50 tributes, the bad juju, catalyst and exotic emote. Not to mention save all of your resources. RIP to everybody who already placed tributes including me lol.

Son of a bitch, fuck me.

Nimurai

Oct 28, 2017
What is going on with blind well? I still need my other subclasses on my warlock...

Last edited:

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Reinstalled to get the sparrow. Definitely more sharky than the other one. It's for bright dust, not silver.

It does roll random first perk (fast summon slot), 160 speed and second perk is locked (destabilizers or whatever in this case. I just kept reacquiring it from collections a few times (which rerolls the dynamic perk) til I got fast summon and now it's perfect. It cost 875 dust to acquire from collections. But you get 500 dust for dismantling, so each roll costs you 475 dust net, not too bad.

spidye

Oct 28, 2017
And of course there's already a tribute hall cheese, which can only be done if you haven't placed any tributes on any character yet. This cheese will net you all 50 tributes, the bad juju, catalyst and exotic emote. Not to mention save all of your resources. RIP to everybody who already placed tributes including me lol.
Can't find a video online for this glitch. Can you provide the source for this cheese please?

Oct 26, 2017
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan that tribute hall cheese, I got up to 25 Tributes yesterday doing some Triumphs and buying stuff. What a waste of materials.....

Oct 25, 2017

I was not going to do the tribute hall at all, but I'm glad I decided to look at this topic. Now I can do it for no cost.

spidye

Oct 28, 2017

so you don't need a second character with this method? because in the linked reddit post above a second character is needed for doing this glitch

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

24hrs,i don't know if that's impressive or pathetic

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Fun should always be the goal. And using those exotics definitely up the fun factor. I say if you can raise one 20 Light level or so by infusing it then go for it.
If you have a bunch of cores don't feel bad about using them every once in awhile, especially on stuff like your favorite exotic armor that has perks you use. Just don't go crazy with infusing your gear until your at max light. I think I infused a couple pieces of armor once or twice on the way to 750.
I think that is what I am gonna do. Thanks guys!

Makeno

Dec 4, 2018

RIP my years worth of mats

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Oh nice. I'll remember that when I'm glimmer-starved again.

Time to finish this last triumph to hit 50.
It isn't completely a net gain. It costs 5 shards to summon the ship and you only get 2 back from dismantling it so it actually costs 3 shards. Not a big deal for most people but if someone was low on shards then this isn't the method to use.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Even after all this time I still love Escalation Protocol. Went to Mars to run a lost sector to complete a Weapon Frame for Ada-1 and there was a couple of people on level 5 so I jumped in and helped them finish. I've gotten all the EP loot but it's still so fun and this week's boss is the big sword knight who I enjoy. Great stuff.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I cheesed the hell out of it. I'm so far behind atm this will give me a nice boost. I don't feel bad at all, always ignored the glitches before but this one was far too tempting.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It took me about 45 minutes to cheese the 50 tributes while I was browsing Resetera. That final Juju mission is pretty fun, not too obnoxious or difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.