• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Wow, the Gunsmith just gave me a Quickdraw/ Snapshot Good Bone Structure and a Tap the Trigger / Under Pressure Erentil with the best long zoom scope option. He's never been this good to me before. Is it my birthday or am I finally being recognized as the savior of humanity? 🤪

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
So Gambit (non-Prime) randos have gotten like sub-basement trash tier right? I am absolutely astounded at how bad people seem to have gotten.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
So Gambit (non-Prime) randos have gotten like sub-basement trash tier right? I am absolutely astounded at how bad people seem to have gotten.
I think its a combination of a lot of new players and players using whatever weapon is required for the bounty they are working on. Weird load outs don't work well in Gambit and if someone is using less than optimal DPS or doesn't know how to get the most out of their load out then the whole team suffers. I've seen it a bunch myself lately including two players who were in all blue gear and we're obviously very new.

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
I think its a combination of a lot of new players and players using whatever weapon is required for the bounty they are working on. Weird load outs don't work well in Gambit and if someone is using less than optimal DPS or doesn't know how to get the most out of their load out then the whole team suffers. I've seen it a bunch myself lately including two players who were in all blue gear and we're obviously very new.
I'm talking more about actual behavior/decision-making. People leaving motes behind, trying to grab motes out of a detonating hydra, not banking when it's time to summon, literally not focusing on the Primeval or the envoys or worse, blowing supers on the boss while the envoys are still up, invading while we have a significant dmg lead on the boss (or the other team hasn't even summoned yet).

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I concur. Pulse's are strong and have been for a while. I think the 390's benefit a little more from rampage/killclip over an aggressive frame like Blast Furnace but either way they are upper tier options for mid and long ranges.

Wait, what? I may not care much for Last Perdition but I stand by my Black Armory Swift Ride XE8375. Outlaw/Rampage with the SPO-57 Front Medium Zoom that highlights enemies (I actually find scopes that highlight to be really beneficial in the chaos that can be Crucible) and a stability MW. I find it to be very effective in both PVE and PVP.

medium zoom is ok. i think the short zoom suros sights are the weird ones.

medium zoom sights though are problematic anyway as they reduce flexibility in close range so we're back to square one. may be different on pc.

Last Perdition is not as popular as Bygones or Blast Furnace and it's pretty easily available via crucible packages, so there's some evidence something is amiss.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
My personal favourite thing, the one that convinced me never ever ever to play PvP even if they put a literal win button as a pinnacle weapon, was in a Countdown match.

At the end of the first round, I was dead and the enemy had planted the charge but we managed to kill all of them. ALL THREE of them hovered around the charge and just.... didn't defuse it. One guy came up to me and STARTED to revive me. but didn't. and we lost the round.

We lost the match 5-4. (or 6-5, whatever. We were one round away from winning and they were 3 rounds away and they still brought it back)

And boy if this is the level of mentally challenged people I can expect to find in one of the worst PvP experiences ever then no thanks.

Yeah I've written before what most infuriates me in crucible is basically teammates actively throwing matches. Like your example of choosing not to defuse. I remember watching a stream and the guy made a point to defuse even though there were 1 or 2 randos standing on the bomb, because you cant count on them to see the defuse through.

Got Shadow last night with a solid crew (we all started from zero together). Feels quite good.

On another note, my vault is down to 20 spots again. Menage loot is taking up so much space.
I'm having this same problem.

I've deleted some items that others are out here doing dozens of runs farming for just trying to make space (which makes me regret having deleted things, increasing my future paralysis of analysis). Even after my last round of Austringer deletions, I still have like 12 of them, all perfect in their own way. 5 or 6 unique Beloved's. Several Drangs to sort out of all kinds of interesting combinations. The same is true for all of the Menagerie weapons. Several of each of the Reckoning weapons, ranging from good to great rolls. And so on. Some I kept out of the hope that Subsistence would get a buff. Some because "you never know" when an archetype will get a buff that will make a good roll a must-have.

With how much roll systems are changing for Year 3, I'll feel much more aggressive about deleting items, especially Year 1's which are still hanging around in some abundance. But boy do I hate deleting things that are unique and cannot be acquired again (Y1 stuff) or might take months to farm another of with similar rolls (Y2 stuff).

Nah there's no rush.

Echo all that. One good example is when the faction rallies suddenly wanted you to have an entire set of the faction gear you pledged too for some buff. THATS why I have a hard time deleting stuff. Another one I always remember is that quest that started with your first gun in the game (I think this was in D1). If you had never dismantled it you had a leg up, and I hadn't. Spike launchers are another perfect example, I was glad to have some yr1 launchers of different elements in my vault. And this whole time I never knew spike grenades were a perk to care about.

However recently I had a bit of an epiphany, who knows why I never thought of this before, which is that a ton of the stuff in my vault is yr1 guns. I realized I can get all those out of collections. And in fact if I ever use them I likely would to get them at a decent power level anyway. So I deleted like 10 year 1 guns to drop my vault from pushing 450+ where it's busting at the seems (because ~450 is my self imposed cap) , to around 440 which feels free, since I dont vault that many new things (most guns I'm interested in I'd already have many great rolls). There's probably at least 100 more yr1 guns I could delete too,

The only downside to this though is lets say you suddenly need a void scout rifle with moving target, for whatever quest and you dont have one, you cant search it in DIM if you only have it in collections. You would have to go manually look at collections unless I miss something. It makes it harder to sort and search.

I'm talking more about actual behavior/decision-making. People leaving motes behind, trying to grab motes out of a detonating hydra, not banking when it's time to summon, literally not focusing on the Primeval or the envoys or worse, blowing supers on the boss while the envoys are still up, invading while we have a significant dmg lead on the boss (or the other team hasn't even summoned yet).

Welcome to Gambit with randoms. The most annoying to me is how these people cant be arsed to do anything right, but the one thing they are world class experts at is diving in front of you to steal your motes. I'm always thinking, if only you were as worried about winning the game as you are hogging all the motes.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Somethings messed up, grabbed the core bounties from weapon guy today and did my usally run thru a lost sector to do them. Didn't even have a fusion rifle equpied and I was at 40%. Not a big deal but can't imagine this is a good sign.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Welcome to Gambit with randoms. The most annoying to me is how these people cant be arsed to do anything right, but the one thing they are world class experts at is diving in front of you to steal your motes. I'm always thinking, if only you were as worried about winning the game as you are hogging all the motes.

Devils advocate, lots of bounties and shit force you to play ways you would not normally play. Think winning is the last thing most people care about in gambit.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Somethings messed up, grabbed the core bounties from weapon guy today and did my usally run thru a lost sector to do them. Didn't even have a fusion rifle equpied and I was at 40%. Not a big deal but can't imagine this is a good sign.

It would be pretty cool if the game is completely melting down from the inside, irreparably. Bungie lets us play in a increasingly bizarre world, but in the end has to scrap the entire game and engine.

Edgeward

Oct 27, 2017
What the hell is up with this game? Second day in a row I'm playing competitive and randomly in between rounds it decides to make me spectate so my team is outnumbered and I catch an L. Such bullshit

It's a known issue that came with the patch. The remedy so far is to load up your pursuits tab and then back out. You should rez at that point

Oct 28, 2017

Article on how finishing moves work in Shadowkeep

TLDR;

Indicator will pop up when enemies get low
Combat cosmetics earned through eververse or in game triumphs
Players can add mods to armor to enhance these finishing moves to add things such as generating ammunition after finishing move

Eh, I'm not sold on them. I don't really see how they fit in with the current combat system and encounters, except from maybe getting rid of big boss types earlier. Exposing yourself with one will be risky though, especially since our next expansion will be Hive-centric. Do a finishing move and end up getting toasted to hell and back by a Knight, or get the arse ripped out of you by a Shrieker.

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017

Yeah, i noticed the same. I finished the bow and solar bounties first and ended up with 42% progress on the fusion rifle....

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I wonder if you guys are puttering around outside the lost sector first and it's counting nearby randoms FR kills for your bounty as is Destiny's wont *shrug*

Edgeward

Oct 27, 2017
If the finishing moves give me back heavy ammo, I'll use them all the time regardless of the possible cons.

Oct 27, 2017
It's crazy that with all these added modes (Forges, Gambit Prime, Reckoning, Menagerie, new Raids) I don't think I've been more bored at any point with the series. I can't even stomach getting through enough of the required playthroughs to earn the Powerful Rewards which are largely worthless anyways at this point. The added Titles and Triumphs do absolutely nothing for me either in what was a clear attempt to keep players playing the same boring content.

...and we get to do it again in September to increase PL (at least there will be a new dungeon and some sort of campaign). The cycle is beyond old at this point as I can't wait for a hopefully completely new and revamped progression system (deep RPG based, please) with their next numbered (or whatever they have planned) release.

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it was Season of Drifter or something else, but I feel like even randos in Gambit had hit a point where it was "fine" to "surprisingly good". But since I've gone back the past 2-3 weeks to grind on pinnacle weps and triumphs for Calus it's just so bad. I'm actually thinking about going back to Prime just to get a little more sweaty with it.

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
Roughly how many runs through the raid does it take to fill up the progress bar for the 'beat raid activities with Calus themed armor and weapons' triumphs? I have calus gear for everything but my legs atm.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
It's crazy that with all these added modes (Forges, Gambit Prime, Reckoning, Menagerie, new Raids) I don't think I've been more bored at any point with the series. I can't even stomach getting through enough of the required playthroughs to earn the Powerful Rewards which are largely worthless anyways at this point. The added Titles and Triumphs do absolutely nothing for me either in what was a clear attempt to keep players playing the same boring content.

...and we get to do it again in September to increase PL (at least there will be a new dungeon and some sort of campaign). The cycle is beyond old at this point as I can't wait for a hopefully completely new and revamped progression system (deep RPG based, please) with their next numbered (or whatever they have planned) release.

I've been playing the game 5 years. No matter how much they gussy up at some point it's the same thing over and over.

Still incredibly fun, mostly, but like 70% less fun than in yr1, which still makes it about 2X as fun as any other game for me which is why I barely play anything else.

However I was thinking yesterday, Titles were one of the best ideas they ever came up with. It gives something incredibly grindy (aka, causing more playtime) that people can display and they love too. But it's not as fucked up and inconsequential as the fubared IMO Triumphs system, which most people will be forced to not care about by Bungies demands. Win 400 gambit matches on Tuesday with a Warlock wearing mobility armor Triumph=people are literally forced to stop giving a shit. But Titles are not that. Titles actually make sense, even though some are handled badly (unbroken, cough). Titles probably are part of what drove the current renaissance IMO.

Oct 27, 2017
I've been playing the game 5 years. No matter how much they gussy up at some point it's the same thing over and over.

Still incredibly fun, mostly, but like 70% less fun than in yr1, which still makes it about 2X as fun as any other game for me which is why I barely play anything else.

However I was thinking yesterday, Titles were one of the best ideas they ever came up with. It gives something incredibly grindy (aka, causing more playtime) that people can display and they love too. But it's not as fucked up and inconsequential as the fubared IMO Triumphs system, which most people will be forced to not care about by Bungies demands. Win 400 gambit matches on Tuesday with a Warlock wearing mobility armor Triumph=people are literally forced to stop giving a shit. But Titles are not that. Titles actually make sense. Titles probably are part of what drove the current renaissance IMO.
I've said many times the gunplay/gameplay in the series is second to none which would always keep me playing and having a good time (like running Heroic Strikes in D1 for hours) but I've reached a point where it just isn't enough for me anymore. Got the Bad Juju on Tuesday and thought about the requirements to get the Catalyst...yeah, I think I'm good (no reason to considering I'll likely want to use something else in the Kinetic slot anyways). Solstice is just a rehash of content as well. Getting titles/completing triumphs just feels like busy work mostly at this point...fun for some but I couldn't care less about either. Your right though as at times the game can be more fun than anything else out there (gunplay/gameply wise mostly). I may just be bored with gaming in general (bought a bunch of games during the Steam sale and refunded about 75% of them) too as I'm really looking forward to some Gears 5 and Borderlands 3 along with new Destiny experiences in Shadowkeep in September.

Last edited:

ThatOneGuy831

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Bought the Beast Magic ornament for Bad Juju today. Probably the one and only thing I'll ever use silver for since it looked so badass

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Everytime I'm warming up to Gambit, Bungie gives a completely unbalanced match against a 4 stack. I don't understand why it happens, they're clearly tracking the stats in the game. Why would they think it's a good idea to match a 4 solo people, none of which who regularly invade against a team that is actually trying and not just farming medals or bow kills.

Jun 4, 2019

Article on how finishing moves work in Shadowkeep

TLDR;

Indicator will pop up when enemies get low
Combat cosmetics earned through eververse or in game triumphs
Players can add mods to armor to enhance these finishing moves to add things such as generating ammunition after finishing move
Glory kills are probably the best thing they could have borrowed from DOOM. Nice.

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
Roughly how many runs through the raid does it take to fill up the progress bar for the 'beat raid activities with Calus themed armor and weapons' triumphs? I have calus gear for everything but my legs atm.

Will run full run through the raid typically fill these out?

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Yes if you go stacked out with an exotic too (bad juju counts so you arent forced to use acrius)

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Yes if you go stacked out with an exotic too (bad juju counts so you arent forced to use acrius)
Thankfully, there's three bosses in The Last Wish who are extremely vulnerable to Acrius, and it's still very useful during the Vault, so even if you don't have Bad Juju, it's not a huge burden.

Status
Not open for further replies.