• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

neatsaux

Nov 11, 2018
red room
i'm doing (trying) this quest called the temptation where you need like 175 kills in crucible but dying impedes progresss

i had that thing to like 85 percent and went into several pvp games last night where i got stomped over and over and over and now the progress bar is at like 40 percent

smile

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Quick Play is pretty much always a miserable experience for me at this point. Part of that is that I'm just no good, the other part is that being matched up against stacks of players leagues better than me just isn't fun.
Best mindset shift for solo QP:

Don't expect your team to back you up, back them up instead. Pick a player and follow and shoot at the person they do, that way you always have 2 firing.

Dec 2, 2017
Geekermon is one of the more tolerable PVP youtube guys - wish he were more popular.
He's not as superhuman as some of the others, but that's kind of part of the appeal. He's definitely the most watchable out of all of them imo.

Especially once Cammy started posting life coach videos about how the way to combat DDOSers is to become a positive male high school cheerleader then start making Destiny meme jokes on your stream to show them you don't care.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
HC kills in crucible down in two matches, would have been one if I hadn't kept fluffing my kills...

Soon as the quest step completes, my aim returns! Fml... I can't handle the pressure!

Dr ChadMan

Oct 25, 2017
Top Tree Sunbreaker w/ Peregrine Greaves
Mid Tree Sentinel w/ Heart of Inmost Light
One Eyed Mask with bottom tree Striker, muahahaha
Depends on the activity. For Volundr and Gofannon I like Bottom tree Solar with Synthoceps. For Bergusia it's Bottom tree Arc with Synthoceps. Both places your fist is the strongest weapon until the boss appears.
For Menagerie and Blind Well I usually run middle tree Void with Hear of Innmost Light (or Dunemarchers if the Gauntlet comes up!)
For PVP everyone will say One-Eyed Mask but that gets boring. I really like top tree Solar with Mk.44 Stand Asides in quickplay. Hammer Strike is up about every 16 seconds in that configuration if you stack impact mods.
For PvE? I use bottom tree Striker with Skullfort. Bonus points if you have Hands On on the helm. Just punch everyone, and when your super is up, knee everyone for days. Weapons are optional but you should bring them just for the power level :p

Thanks will try some of these out tonight. Or load up my hunter/warlock....... Titans just need some serious exotic help

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
So in addition so the Shadowkeep DLC, is there going to be another Year Pass you can buy? Have they said anything about that specifically?

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
What are the benefits of running middle tree sentinel with heart of inmost light?
Maybe it helps regain your grenade/melee faster? I havent heard of this exotic though, and it doesnt look like ive gotten one yet, might need to check it out more.

I almost exclusively run middle tree Sentinel though. Love getting those grenade/melee chain explosions that can heal lol.

Already confirmed, yeah. There's a Season Pass included with the deluxe copy.
Blah, ok thanks.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Its pretty funny just how many people are doing this Forge cheese thing now lol. At least you arent impacting anyone actually trying to complete the Forge. Expect Bungie to fix this too after every Youtube channel ever making guides for it yesterday lol.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Fuck me trying to get heroic events done for the forge quests with all the grande launchers jag offs around, doesn't even matter if I ask nicely in chat.

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Best mindset shift for solo QP:

Don't expect your team to back you up, back them up instead. Pick a player and follow and shoot at the person they do, that way you always have 2 firing.
I'll often start out a match that way, and try to stick with someone on each spawn before just kind of getting discouraged and lost in it all and doing my own thing without thinking about it. (And then when it gets real bad give up and just start offering hugs >_>). It could certainly pay to be more diligent about sticking with people and backing them up regardless of what's going on.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if the Forge Cheese will also work towards the Lumina Fireteam quest step. Testing it now lol jic.

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
Now like 20+ on my list are doing the mats, including me. I tend to afk a lot so I wished I knew about this sooner.

In QP, stick with your team mates and play off of them. Unless you have full map awareness and you are trying to pick off opponents so they can't flank or control a space. I tend to do that.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I'll often start out a match that way, and try to stick with someone on each spawn before just kind of getting discouraged and lost in it all and doing my own thing without thinking about it. (And then when it gets real bad give up and just start offering hugs >_>). It could certainly pay to be more diligent about sticking with people and backing them up regardless of what's going on.

I do that sometimes too, just lose track of it. When I do, things start going bad more often. It's a really good thing to try to nail in.

Dreams made a really good general play post advising me about Comp, but it's true for all pvp. Here:

• Take a break if you lose a couple in a row.
  • Remember you can shoot while reviving, arming, or disarming.
  • Play with confidence. Your opponent ain't shit and you will remind them of that.
  • Play the objectives on Control. Just murder people on Countdown. Protect your life on Survival.
  • "It's dangerous to go alone! Take this." *hands you teammates* — In other words, always try to stick with a teammate. The extended hammer gets nailed, etc.
  • Don't repeat peek corners that snipers are looking down
  • Put a super mod on ever piece of gear you expect to wear. Or class mod if you prefer on Hunter.
  • Abuse the most powerful meta weapons and Supers. If you're on Titan, no reason not to play bottom tree Striker w/OEM, for example.
  • Use the weapons you feel most powerful with. You know, the ones you are surprised if you don't have the most kills in post game scoreboard when using. Use those.
  • Stay hydrated
  • Do not play late at night. Mornings and mid days are when most players are playing. The murderers come out at night. Wins become much harder and balanced teams/matches become less consistent to get.
  • Truth, Prox GLs, Wardcliff Coil, Tractor Cannon, and Hammerhead will be your best options. Choose according to map and enemy Super selections.
  • Use your Supers as soon as possible. Make orbs for your team and get yourself in position to get another super before anyone else.
  • If you are playing in a stack that the opportunity to work on your call outs. Minimize complaining and maximize communicating what is happening for your team to respond. If you die, saying "2 on my X" is valuable. Clouding coms with "FUCK HOW DID HE..." is not valuable. Using zone letters for locations, communicating where snipers are peeking, who has OEM on and active and all of that is valuable intel that can help your teammates make game-winning decisions.

neatsaux

Nov 11, 2018
red room
i'm doing old quest lines to clear out my cluttered ass pursuits tab. on the one for strum and drang

bruh, i've never had an exotic engram drop in the world for me. this is never gonna happen

Solid Dude

Dec 1, 2017
So what are the "new" activities I can engage in that have been added by the season pass to begin gearing up past 690? I finished the quest line to hit 690 and then found myself starting a list of crucible/vanguard/daily heroic missions that existed when I stopped playing about a month into the release of Forsaken.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
So what are the "new" activities I can engage in that have been added by the season pass to begin gearing up past 690? I finished the quest line to hit 690 and then found myself starting a list of crucible/vanguard/daily heroic missions that existed when I stopped playing about a month into the release of Forsaken.

Black armory, gambit prime, and menagerie. The 690 quest should point you towards menagerie while the other two are in the annex of the tower.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
  • Gambit Prime - Inside of the Gambit node in the solar system Directory.
  • Reckoning - Inside of the Gambit node in the Directory.
  • Menagerie - Bottom of the Nessus world map. Barge location in the Northeast of the Nessus world map. Definitely google for more info.
  • Black Armory Forges - You'll need to begin unlocking them. Talk to the Ada-1 NPC at the tower. Google the how-to if needed.
  • Scourge of the Past - Raid; Located on the EDZ world map.
  • Crown of Sorrows - Raid; located in the Levithian node at the bottom of the Nessus world map.

In fact, Google what all of these are and how they work. They have their own mechanics, weapons and armor rewards, and so on.

xGeneral Ice

Nov 1, 2017
So that collectors edition on Bungie that costs 150, does it come with just shadow keep or the whole actual game?

Cause I'm not trying to rebuy the game lol

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Community Yoga

darthbob

One Winged Slayer
Nov 20, 2017
So that collectors edition on Bungie that costs 150, does it come with just shadow keep or the whole actual game?

Cause I'm not trying to rebuy the game lol
Game-wise, it comes with the Shadowkeep Deluxe edition (that means it comes with Shadowkeep itself, a few extra cosmetics, and the 'season pass' which includes the Shadowkeep season + 3 more seasons of content) but it doesn't come with the Forsaken expansion of Destiny 2 or it's season pass. The base game of D2 includes the original 2017 release plus the Osiris and Warmind mini expansions and is free for all players in September.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
What are the benefits of running middle tree sentinel with heart of inmost light?
Speeds up the regen of those class abilities which is already sped up by Void detonator explosions in the first place. It's just excellent synergy. It also empowers those abilities so the melee/grenade/barrier that you use during the Empowered buff it gives you is stronger than normal (like 50% I think).

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
i'm doing old quest lines to clear out my cluttered ass pursuits tab. on the one for strum and drang

bruh, i've never had an exotic engram drop in the world for me. this is never gonna happen

Yeah I've had that quest for couple of months now and haven't gone past the exotic engram part yet. Amazing how a quest can get screwed because of loot drop changes.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I just got the invisible glitch in crucible. It seems related to bounties - along with the competitive glitch. It went away when I went to my pursuits tab, the bounty "completed" and I turned it in

Shantae

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Feb 15, 2019
Hey, I was looking to pick this game up for PC, and was wondering where the best deal anyone might be aware of is. Not just the base game though please, I'd like to get a version that at least has all current expansions that are out.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
This game could use an optimization update... Sometimes I'm stuck for 5 minutes loading into the tower.

darthbob

One Winged Slayer
Nov 20, 2017
This game could use an optimization update... Sometimes I'm stuck for 5 minutes loading into the tower.
Seems to happen on occasion for me on PC as well. Notice that when we do finally load in, I'm loading in with like 20 other people.

It feels as if it's lumping all of us in together and whoever has the slowest hardware is what is slowing the whole thing down. Very strange issue.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
I'm having trouble coming up with a load out that I just love in Comp. It's sort of a "me" problem in that I love variety and messing around with all sorts of different things but don't tend to ever necessarily have a favorite. In Comp that's pretty detrimental as you always want to have what you are best with and I'm just not sure what that is. I won my last game with Spare Rations and Last Man Standing and that felt pretty good so I may just stick with it and see what happens.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Helped a bud hit Fabled for their Recluse/MT so I can chill and work on this Revoker for giggles

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Why is the crucible tribute with full gear so slow
Either the quest itself is bugged or the progress bar is. I got zero (yes, ZERO) progress for 2 straight games and then jumped 5% after the third game. That's with using Bad Juju, Beloved, Fixed Odds and full Menagerie armor minus 1 exotic. So yeah, it feels pretty bad right now.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Woot woot, got the Whisper and its catalyst now too thanks to some kind folks from the DERA discord.

Just need to get Bad JuJu and that's one more triumph for the hall.

Nov 14, 2017
There's not much they can do I reckon. Most games deal with slow HDDs by packing all data near each other, but the problem is that you have to load in data for other players and they could be wearing whatever. So, you have a slow laptop hard drive doing lots of seeking. That's always going to be slow.

SSD is a game changer though, can confirm.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a dumbo and accidentally deleted a 690 gun from the Power Surge quest, so now I'm 689 lol

Did I screw myself out of the new activity?

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Can someone on Xbox please help. I'm on the modified strike for Malfeasance solo and it's so hard.

Generai Hammer is my GT. I'm so frustrated

Status
Not open for further replies.