• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Why is Telesto so unpredictable in crucible. Sometimes other players take the full shot with explosions and they just keep running like nothing happened.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Telesto got the hot nerf, everyone moved onto the Erentil/Rebuke with surprising results!

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Holy crap. This is totally my experience in Quickplay (minus the console specific hand cannon issue). It's unreal how unpleasant most matches have gotten lately. Even when I'm on the winning side it's because someone (or group of someone's) is getting all of the kills leaving not much for the rest of us. I may resort to playing Comp 100% of the time just to have fun. What world are we living in, exactly?

opposite here. i obsessively track dtr's last 25 matches and in quickplay i've been running 1.2-1.4 kd's and going 15-10, 16-9 (win-loss record last 25 matches)...both significantly higher than usual. so much that i started to wonder if they changed matchmaking with respect to me (basically stopped putting me against good players and started putting me against scrubs) but since they say QP has no matchmaking this seems impossible. this is over probably at least the 75 matches.

It seems fairly RNG? but i dont know.

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
I respect you guys that have done infamy resets.

I'm just currently going for mythic rank. Have had decent streaks today too and I'm only at 5k.

I know it's not meant to be done in one day, but goodness it takes so freaking long to rank up.

Probably doesn't help that I've never gone past 4k ever in a season.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
What platform? I'm on a PS4 Pro with an internal SSD and it's pretty quick.
On PC, so it should be a lot quicker... but it ain't.
Seems to happen on occasion for me on PC as well. Notice that when we do finally load in, I'm loading in with like 20 other people.

It feels as if it's lumping all of us in together and whoever has the slowest hardware is what is slowing the whole thing down. Very strange issue.
Yeah, we all usually load into an empty tower when I have to wait for a long time loading.

I respect you guys that have done infamy resets.

I'm just currently going for mythic rank. Have had decent streaks today too and I'm only at 5k.

I know it's not meant to be done in one day, but goodness it takes so freaking long to rank up.

Probably doesn't help that I've never gone past 4k ever in a season.
It goes a lot faster if u have a team to play with or enjoy Gambit. I'm at 8 resets now.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Don't lose hope, DFP just put up a video calling it the best hand cannon in the game (console) after Luna's/NF:

interesting video. yea, on console where it seems *consistency* is really hard to come by on handcannons, it totally makes sense that the hand cannon with the highest stability in the game can end up being a top tier choice simply because it can *consistently* hit its TTK. In PvP, the result you can produce consistently is far more valuable than whatever weapon that has the better TTK only on paper but you can rarely if ever hit. Malf has always been good against Supers too.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
interesting video. yea, on console where it seems *consistency* is really hard to come by on handcannons, it totally makes sense that the hand cannon with the highest stability in the game can end up being a top tier choice simply because it can *consistently* hit its TTK. In PvP, the result you can produce consistently is far more valuable than whatever weapon that has the better TTK only on paper but you can rarely if ever hit.
You are so right. I found this out once I started running with Crimil's Dagger which, on paper, is the slowest ttk among all HC's and among the slowest for all primary weapons but was still consistently winning weapon duels. I put a hundred Crucible kills on it in just a couple of days (which is a lot for me since I tend to play in short bursts) and it made me really question why I was being so successful with it, moreso even than some of the 140's and 150's I use. And it came down to consistency (and to a lesser extent range) and being able to, at maximum rpm for that gun, land 3 crits over and over and over (or 2 crits and a body which is all that's required on a 110).

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure why DFP is jacking it over Malf due to it being 180. There are other 180s in the game too... but aight

Dranakin

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, so I ended up getting the Forsaken Legendary Collection and I'll start over with a new character. Why I'm adding this game to my backlog, who knows. I think it was because I'm playing through the Halo 3 campaign on Halo MCC, and I'm like damn, I really want to keep playing a Bungie game.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Not sure why DFP is jacking it over Malf due to it being 180. There are other 180s in the game too... but aight
It does have some pros over other 180s that make it worth mentioning to players that it exists. The last time I saw a Malph in PvP was oh about 84 years ago. But it is still probably the most effective kinetic primary weapon against roaming supers and is certainly among the most stable 180s in the game (maybe a zen moment Trust is similar), the mag is huge, and its range issues rarely come into play because of these claustrophobic map sizes. That stability stat is something that you appreciate every time you pull the trigger as your target is never obscured by the recoil (one of my biggest annoyances with 180s).

Seems perfectly viable, though ymmv on whether you want to burn your exotic option on it. The only reason to choose this over a well-rolled Service Revolver in the slot is if you don't have a well-rolled Service Revolver (that is, rapid hit/rangefinder + kill clip) OR you really enjoy this weapon's super-burning potential.

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada
There were some posts in the past month from XBox players looking to raid who haven't— I tried to reply to all of you telling you to join Discord but haven't seen people. Anyway, just add me on XBL (same name), I'm looking to raid more and am happy to teach a couple of them.

Dec 2, 2017
The big thing Malfeasance has going for it over other 180s is a giant hitbox. You require less precision than with a Service Revolver.

You are so right. I found this out once I started running with Crimil's Dagger which, on paper, is the slowest ttk among all HC's and among the slowest for all primary weapons but was still consistently winning weapon duels. I put a hundred Crucible kills on it in just a couple of days (which is a lot for me since I tend to play in short bursts) and it made me really question why I was being so successful with it, moreso even than some of the 140's and 150's I use. And it came down to consistency (and to a lesser extent range) and being able to, at maximum rpm for that gun, land 3 crits over and over and over (or 2 crits and a body which is all that's required on a 110).

Would that be the vendor roll from a couple of Iron Banners ago, with rangefinder/opening shot + drop mag? That thing is super accurate.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
The big thing Malfeasance has going for it over other 180s is a giant hitbox. You require less precision than with a Service Revolver.

Would that be the vendor roll from a couple of Iron Banners ago, with rangefinder/opening shot + drop mag? That thing is super accurate.
This is one I got from rank up packages. Drop Mag/ Threat Detector/ Kill Clip. It has the Sureshot sights (+range) and range MW. It also has Accurized Rounds if I want to choose that instead of Drop mag so for range it's maxed except for Opening Shot. Kill Clip hits for 127 when active though and I've gotten more Kill clip kills with this gun than with any other I have used. Again, I think it's the consistency and the range.

Last edited:

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
So...Fixed Odds is like categorically better than Hammerhead.

Especially at Gambit.

My roll:

Range Masterwork + Extended Barrel (+10 Range) + Light Mag (+5 Range) + Quickdraw + Rangefinder

The things I have been able to do to invaders...

Oct 25, 2017
This is one I got from rank up packages. Drop Mag/ Threat Detector/ Kill Clip. It has the Sureshot sights (+range) and range MW. It also has Accurized Rounds if I want to choose that instead of Drop mag so for range it's maxed except for Opening Shot. Kill Clip hits for 127 when active though and I've gotten more Kill clip kills with this gun than with any other I have used. Again, I think it's the consistency and the range.

Lucky bastard.

Especially at Gambit.

My roll:

Range Masterwork + Extended Barrel (+10 Range) + Light Mag (+5 Range) + Quickdraw + Rangefinder

Maybe for Crucible. I would not take that roll over either of my Hammerhead rolls.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't Bane of Sorrow way better than Fixed Odds? I think they're the same slow firing archetype too.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Been playing with it a lot more, and I think killing Invaders in gambit may be its niche. The higher impact, and range makes gunning down distant invaders effortless.

It has underperformed in both PvE and PvP compared to my hammerheads.
Fixed Odds just shoots too slow imo, been using it for the Shaxx Tribute and in a 1v1 I'd much rather just use my Bad Juju. Surprise attack it's pretty good, but can't think of a situation were I wouldn't rather have a Hammerhead in PvP instead. PvE I liked it, but I've been really enjoying the Delirium (recently unlocked), that thing just shoots for days.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Can anyone explain to me why I can not longer see any Gambit Prime Bounties on my Warlock? They are not greyed out. They are not even there. As in there is not even the words "Gambit Prime". Just the regular Gambit bounties and that's it.

But here's the thing I can see them on my Hunter and Titan. My Titan hasnt even hit 50 yet and I can see them. My Warlock is also my highest level character and I could see the bounties before. Hell I did some of them. But ever since the latest patch hit they have disappeared for my Warlock and will not come back. I have tried everything I know to try.

Has anyone else experienced this or know how to fix it?

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Okay, so I ended up getting the Forsaken Legendary Collection and I'll start over with a new character. Why I'm adding this game to my backlog, who knows. I think it was because I'm playing through the Halo 3 campaign on Halo MCC, and I'm like damn, I really want to keep playing a Bungie game.

Been contemplating between the "Legendary" and "Complete" collections. Any particular reason you opted for the Legendary? I'm down for either, but I'm so undecided if an extra $12-ish is worth it for the extra crap. lol

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
This game could use an optimization update... Sometimes I'm stuck for 5 minutes loading into the tower.

It's a recent issue, that cross save patch and 10 hour maintenance seems to have started breaking a lot of things, esp bounties, xp gains, milestone credit, server lag, and so on.

A workaround for some issues like slow loading and no spawning in comp is going to pursuits screen and back, and turning in any completed bounties.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
Been contemplating between the "Legendary" and "Complete" collections. Any particular reason you opted for the Legendary? I'm down for either, but I'm so undecided if an extra $12-ish is worth it for the extra crap. lol
There is no reason to not have the complete edition. Season of Opulence's extra content is worth the price difference alone.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
Can anyone explain to me why I can not longer see any Gambit Prime Bounties on my Warlock? They are not greyed out. They are not even there. As in there is not even the words "Gambit Prime". Just the regular Gambit bounties and that's it.

But here's the thing I can see them on my Hunter and Titan. My Titan hasnt even hit 50 yet and I can see them. My Warlock is also my highest level character and I could see the bounties before. Hell I did some of them. But ever since the latest patch hit they have disappeared for my Warlock and will not come back. I have tried everything I know to try.

Did your Hunter do the Gambit Prime introduction quest?

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017

Especially at Gambit.

My roll:

Yeah I like it better than HH, especially because of the sight. It one shots most adds in strikes and is my go-to weapon for "50 headshots without dying" bounty.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Did your Hunter do the Gambit Prime introduction quest?
All my characters have. Like I said I have done Prime bounties on my Warlock before. But ever since the update my Warlock can no longer see the bounties at all.

BUT

She can still queue fof Gambit Prime and play it. And my Hunter and Titan can see and grab the bounties just fine.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
I just had a comp game where there was a player named SilentStorm on both teams. The one on my team was seemingly AFK, I wasn't watching them but they had zero elims and extremely low damage. Was that the same person trying to rig the game, is that even possible? I'm only at ~500, why is anyone trying to rig games at such a low glory.

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

Did you delete the synthesizer on your warlock by any chance? It would be weird for the bounties to outright disappear.

The gambit prime bounties only show once you have initiated and progressed the prime+reckoning quest from drifter.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Did you delete the synthesizer on your warlock by any chance? It would be weird for the bounties to outright disappear.

The gambit prime bounties only show once you have initiated and progressed the prime+reckoning quest from drifter.
I know and I did the quest which is how I was able to the Bounties before just fine. And yes I still have my synthesizer.

I think I need to make a support ticket.

Dranakin

Oct 27, 2017

I prefer physical, the Legendary Collection is $20/$30 cheaper than the digital-only $40 Complete edition (on sale at GS; PS4 has a lower price at $10), I had GS credit to use, didn't want to fully commit to the annual pass content because I wouldn't get to it before the September expansion releases, etc.

I mean, many of those reasons are personal to me, so YMMV.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
I prefer physical, the Legendary Collection is $20/$30 cheaper than the digital-only $40 Complete edition (on sale at GS; PS4 has a lower price at $10), I had GS credit to use, didn't want to fully commit to the annual pass content because I wouldn't get to it before the September expansion releases, etc.

I mean, many of those reasons are personal to me, so YMMV.
With the Season of Opulence quest you can get to the AP content immediately after reaching level 50, it doesn't take that long.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
It's kinda hilarious how fast the Back Armoury matchmakes when you are in the 400 Light Level range. The things we do to beat the system.

T-800

Oct 30, 2017
is Shadowkeep eventually going to be free? I'm confused about how everything works now. I feel like I've spent a lot of money on D2 (approx $150AU) and now it seems to me that all of the content I've paid for is going to go F2P soon. Makes me feel like I should have just waited.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
is Shadowkeep eventually going to be free? I'm confused about how everything works now. I feel like I've spent a lot of money on D2 (approx $150AU) and now it seems to me that all of the content I've paid for is going to go F2P soon. Makes me feel like I should have just waited.
No, unlikely for a VERY long time. The content that is going to be free, is going to be TWO years old in September, not two months.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

Especially at Gambit.

My roll:

I've found the opposite. I've tried rampage Fixed Odds, Rangefinder Fixed Odds, Firmly Planted Fixed Odds...all of them are varying degrees of mediocre compared to something like a curated Hammerhead. It's the bouncey nature they have. Makes them far less reliable for landing all crits. Slow fire rate makes them easy to get to cover before they can kill you. It's disappointing but...just nope. My Fixed Odds are all probably permanently vaulted. Hammerhead and 21% do everything that matters and then some, in my experience.

Isn't Bane of Sorrow way better than Fixed Odds? I think they're the same slow firing archetype too.
They're both varying degrees of meh, but I do like my curated Bane.

That said, I have all 3 (Bane, Fixed, Hammerhead) with frenzy + rampage. I'm taking Hammerhead every time. It's been called the best hand cannon in the game for good reason. Bane w/Dragonfly is my pick for pure entertainment value. Fixed Odds is my pick...when I don't feel like moving one of the other 2 onto X character. Again, just too much kick/bounce to be really strong from range and too slow-firing to be good up close. Hammerhead is still the best choice for mapping people from across the map while also being competent enough to get kills comfortably as close as about 12 meters or so. HH is truly the jack of all trades and master of most as well.

Last edited:

azfaru

Dec 1, 2017
Feel like it's about time I brace myself and get some high end weapons. Starting with Outbreak Perfected... It's sooo intimidating jeez. How long does it take to finish it from start to finish. Like from the start of triggering the quest, not the 'dungeon' itself.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Feel like it's about time I brace myself and get some high end weapons. Starting with Outbreak Perfected... It's sooo intimidating jeez. How long does it take to finish it from start to finish. Like from the start of triggering the quest, not the 'dungeon' itself.
Not that long. You literally just have to pick up an item from a specific place on Titan, then go to 6 different lost sectors in EDZ and Nessus to do the same thing of picking up an item.

Then you go to the Farm to start the actual mission which has a 20 minute time limit. You should ask for help in the Destiny-ERA discord, that's how I managed to get both Whisper and Outbreak perfected.

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

Not everything you paid for will be f2p, and this is the nature of gaas games. Welcome to 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.