• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I'm a handcannon guy, but Recluse is so good that I feel I'm handicapping myself when I don't have it equipped in PvE.

It weirdly kinda made me grow a disdain for the gun because it has separated me from my hand cannons and all my "enhanced handcannon" optimized loadouts
Yes, and this is why it must be nerfed. As we discussed here some months ago, any weapon that drowns out everything else that can be put in the slot requires adjustment. Recluse takes a shit on every energy slot weapon you could equip for PvE from 6m - 35m. Inside of that I just assume you're using a shotgun or a pulse rifle. Everything else that runs on primary ammo and operates in that space (autorifles, sidearms, other SMGs, hand cannons) all get shit on by Recluse and yes, you are handicapping yourself when using just about any other primary ammo weapon in that slot other than it most of the time.

To me that is the text book example of a weapon that needs a nerf. Different archetypes should shine brighter than the others in their respective range sweet spots. Recluse eats the sweet spot of every primary archetype except max range hand cannons, pulses and scouts. Clear exposed nail waiting to be hammered.

Sloth Guevara

Oct 27, 2017
Hey peeps!

Love using bows and got a nice subtle calamity.
Anyone got tips on what mods I should get for it?
I hear that armour mods can decrease draw time?
I could use some help :)

Oct 28, 2017
Hey peeps!

Grind for Hush as its the best bow. Its the one you get from doing kills, medals and precision kills with bows in Gambit.

It has a perk where if you land a precision hit with hipfire, all your draws for an amount of time after are super fast, even ADS ones. Its a pretty fucking good bow.

Sloth Guevara

Oct 27, 2017
Grind for Hush as its the best bow. Its the one you get from doing kills, medals and precision kills with bows in Gambit.

It has a perk where if you land a precision hit with hipfire, all your draws for an amount of time after are super fast, even ADS ones. Its a pretty fucking good bow.

Not a huge fan of gambit tbh.

So any tips regarding mods?

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Smuggler's word does an absurd amount of damage for a primary.

I'm not crazy right?
Not crazy. Sidearms in general do a lot of damage up close but have severe range drop off somewhere between 15 - 20 meters for most of them. If you can find one with ricochet rounds and rangefinder then that will push the lethal range out and make them a little easier to use.

Dec 6, 2017
You're jumping the gun there real quick. technically anyone cheesing riven is cheating for gear. Let's not start the "don't cheat" witch-hunts.
So that means everyone who cheesed riven, or any boss, or the menagerie chest should have their gear stripped right?

I really don't mind losing my juju cat as I'll get it back 10 days after they take it, but this line of thought doesn't stick when pretty much everyone here has "cheated" some gear before.
If you cheesed/cheated in any way and Bungie decides to do something about it, you have no reason to complain. That goes for anything. Sad that both of you are defending it.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
If you cheesed/cheated in any way and Bungie decides to do something about it, you have no reason to complain. That goes for anything. Sad that both of you are defending it.
What's really sad is you dragging up that conversation like this.

And no one was defending in those posts, they were making comparisons to highlight a hypocrisy.

Dec 11, 2017
Why the fuck does competitive pvp start without full teams?! Like what in the actual fuck. How is this still an issue.

Edit: Two fucking games in a row. Fuck this bullshit.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't cheese it but it's fucking absurd they addressed this almost immediately compared to Lord of Wolves being broken for months. But anything that can affect them monetarily they address. Which is my second sounding board the whole bright dust can be earned or bought which makes this first part into partial buyable weapon looking at the bad juju and catalyst.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Hey peeps!

There are no mods that decrease draw time. Either the bow has a draw time masterwork or a built in draw reducing perk in the first and/or 3rd column. There are no other ways to reduce draw time.

As for mods, most run Quick Access Sling or hipfire grip.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
Yes! My weekly crucible powerful engram gave me liar's handshake. Hell yeah! Time to try out that One Two Punch Liar's handshake combo.

Last edited:

Deleted member 58508

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 12, 2019
What's the best way to go about In Pursuit of Honor? GL final blows are moving along as expected but I'm making zero progress on multikills and medals. I've been using Fighting Lion and the year 1 Play of the Game and having no success. PotG seems like it barely even hits people anymore.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't cheese it but it's fucking absurd they addressed this almost immediately compared to Lord of Wolves being broken for months. But anything that can affect them monetarily they address. Which is my second sounding board the whole bright dust can be earned or bought which makes this first part into partial buyable weapon looking at the bad juju and catalyst.

I think it is clear at this point after 5 years of Destiny that if a cheese affect in-game economy, it'll be the topmost priority for Bungie to fix. Everything else is "we'll fix it whenever we can".

lazerfox

Oct 26, 2017
Switzerland
So I've finally got my Hunter and Warlock to max light level. My Titan however is still at level 20.

When Shadowkeep releases new players will get in at 750 light level, correct? So I was thinking I could just wait until September to bump my Titan up to max level or is this not how it will work?

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017

Bungie has gone on record saying that they would not punish the player for any bugs or exploits in their games. Cheesing and cheating are two different things.

azfaru

Dec 1, 2017
dammit it's second time i encountered the infinite loading screen while playing. is it just me or is it confirmed a wide spread bug that's happening to all yall?

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
The "daily reset boon of opulence" thing is a cheese. You're still doing the activity, just fast forwarding a bit through how long it would take. The Menagerie chest glitch was a cheese. You're still doing the activity, just getting way more rewards from it than you normally would.

The Tribute Hall thing was just a straight up bypass of the ENTIRE thing.

Bungo is willing to forgive smaller things like that but just getting the rewards of what is designed to be a hard/long activity without even having to bother with doing it is clearly not something they're gonna allow.

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017

One's a code problem fixed by a programmer. Being a code issue, it's a linear problem in that they fix the exploit and correctly check your tributes and good to go (once QA'd). There's no opinion on the correct fix, and considering the exploit has 100% perfect repro it's very easy to track down the error on their end.

The other is a balance issue, fixed by the balance team, and being a balance issue it requires a multifaceted discussion and larger amount of testing to tweak/change the gun without hopefully gimping it completely or negatively affecting the gun too harshly in PvE etc while making sure it still isn't busted in PvP.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
What's the best way to go about In Pursuit of Honor? GL final blows are moving along as expected but I'm making zero progress on multikills and medals. I've been using Fighting Lion and the year 1 Play of the Game and having no success. PotG seems like it barely even hits people anymore.
No choice but to be a THAT person and camp heavy because that will be your best bet in getting multikills. Y1 POTG isn't good anymore so you need to get a Y2 GL that has blast MW/ blast boosting perks to mitigate the Prox Det nade's penalty.

And when mayhem comes around you better out yourself through hell for it.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
How do I unlock the final Forge, the Bergusia Forge? Is that also what that Black Key Mold thing is for?

Nitori

Oct 29, 2017

There's one thing you can buy with Bright Dust in the Tribute Hall.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
How do I unlock the final Forge, the Bergusia Forge? Is that also what that Black Key Mold thing is for?
You just have to go to the Forge, it's on EDZ, probably best you just pull up a quick guide on where it is and visit it, instead of me trying to give directions. The Key Mold is for an exotic Sniper quest, the 3 first Forges all have 1 mold, Bergusia you have to do something at later in the quest.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
You literally just have to go to the Bergusia Forge and it's already unlocked. It might not be marked on the map yet but it's available. Look up a guide to see exactly how to get to it.

It used to be locked behind a long and stupid questline (recurring theme with Black Armory huh) that was taking the community way too long so Bungie just unlocked it for everyone.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I'm so bad with Fusions, I just always die before I shoot or shoot a second to early and miss like 80% of the bolts.

Oct 27, 2017
One's a code problem fixed by a programmer. Being a code issue, it's a linear problem in that they fix the exploit and correctly check your tributes and good to go (once QA'd). There's no opinion on the correct fix, and considering the exploit has 100% perfect repro it's very easy to track down the error on their end.

The other is a balance issue, fixed by the balance team, and being a balance issue it requires a multifaceted discussion and larger amount of testing to tweak/change the gun without hopefully gimping it completely or negatively affecting the gun too harshly in PvE etc while making sure it still isn't busted in PvP.

I mean I can go the other way with this. Nerf the range on the gun. Thats a single value. The gun should not be full power 40 -50 feet away it a shotgun. If it is overkill they can correct it. The exploit method is debugging where the error occurred, correcting the exploit, and then addressing the exploiters. Which one sounds like more.

Deleted member 58508

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 12, 2019
dammit it's second time i encountered the infinite loading screen while playing. is it just me or is it confirmed a wide spread bug that's happening to all yall?
It must be wide spread because it just happened to me in the Menagerie. It seems like any time a bounty is completed during an activity the game just breaks.
No choice but to be a THAT person and camp heavy because that will be your best bet in getting multikills. Y1 POTG isn't good anymore so you need to get a Y2 GL that has blast MW/ blast boosting perks to mitigate the Prox Det nade's penalty.

And when mayhem comes around you better out yourself through hell for it.

Sigh...kinda figured that. I tried to make some progress in Mayhem last time but it was just all out chaos and not much else.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
You just have to go to the Forge, it's on EDZ, probably best you just pull up a quick guide on where it is and visit it, instead of me trying to give directions. The Key Mold is for an exotic Sniper quest, the 3 first Forges all have 1 mold, Bergusia you have to do something at later in the quest.
You literally just have to go to the Bergusia Forge and it's already unlocked. It might not be marked on the map yet but it's available. Look up a guide to see exactly how to get to it.

It used to be locked behind a long and stupid questline (recurring theme with Black Armory huh) that was taking the community way too long so Bungie just unlocked it for everyone.
Ok, thanks guys! I thought that might be the case, but wasnt sure since all the guides I saw were for before the stupid puzzle thing was finished.

Any tips for getting Jotunn?

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Ok, thanks guys! I thought that might be the case, but wasnt sure since all the guides I saw were for before the stupid puzzle thing was finished.

Any tips for getting Jotunn?
Just do all you powerful frames at Bergusia really, not much more to it, just RNG. I got mine after like 6 weapons as well as a Curated Kindled Orchid which has Kill Clip and Rampage, so was pretty happy. Bergusia is pretty easy too, so it should be the go to anyway.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
It must be wide spread because it just happened to me in the Menagerie. It seems like any time a bounty is completed during an activity the game just breaks.

Sigh...kinda figured that. I tried to make some progress in Mayhem last time but it was just all out chaos and not much else.
One thing I learn during mayhem is not to shoot the tether into a group the moment you see them because it usually ends really bad. It's all about placing the tether smartly in heavy traffic areas where players don't expect, high enough to capture and players can't be bothered to shoot it. On avg I get around 1 - 3 % per mayhem match.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Played some Gambit with some people and got Hush - deleted it, of course

And even banged out a 150 triumph with the "win while only banking small / medium / large" triumphs.

I only really sign on at this point to do the 4 dailies for Calus. Which is totally fine, I can wind down until September.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
They only care about Mythic world first, which is still cool but the raid has been out for a while now

Danteyke223

Banned
Oct 24, 2018
So I jumped back to Destiny 2 after playing a variety of other games, but I just love that scifi aesthetic. Also Warframe is a bit too floaty for me and directionless. Anyway. I realized why I miss Destiny 1. The ammo juggling was not there in Destiny 1. Here in 2 I still barely get heavy ammo, and special ammo being now tied to shotguns also is just meeeeh. I miss Destiny 1's layout of ammo, made the game more fun. Now it's all machinegun shooters in Space 2

I do like how the quests now give exotics, the downside of that is I have to do PVP.... sigh Bungie gimme the option to switch around those requirements.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

If you're a Hunter, use the shadowshot super. Tether up a group of dudes and multi-kill them to hell. It seems to be the best method of getting multi-kills, as those who get tethered are basically helpless free kills.

If you're a Warlock, lunafaction boots and empowering rift. Spam grenades everywhere and hope you get a kill. The empowering rift should help with the increased damage, especially with Fighting Lion.

If you're a Titan, use rally barricade and spam grenades less efficiently than a Warlock, then give up and go back to putting on One-Eyed Mask and Lord of Wolves.

Play Mayhem and camp heavy if you're a Hunter. More tethers and plenty of heavy ammo. Play comp or IB for more progress. IB is next week.

Weapon wise, Militia's Birthright, Fighting Lion and a heavy nade launcher of your choice. If you want to rely solely on heavy nade launchers (which is also a valid option), you could use Colony. Just need to focus on getting heavy at all cost.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Why is it EVERY time these trashcans in comp are getting the shaft (all of it) OUT comes the bought forgotten as if it's going to turn the tide.

Fuck you and get your account deleted

darthbob

One Winged Slayer
Nov 20, 2017
Why is it EVERY time these trashcans in comp are getting the shaft (all of it) OUT comes the bought forgotten as if it's going to turn the tide.

Fuck you and get your account deleted
Imagine actually spending money dollars to get a gun that you're not even good at using.

Oct 29, 2017
Ho. Ly. Shit.

Quickplay is just full of tryhard sweat gods right now...

Every one of them a Mindbender's Ambition, Wardclif Coil, Luna's, etc. Go back to comp, Jesus lol

Status
Not open for further replies.