• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Yes it's worth farming for a Swarm with spike, but honestly you only really use it for high-end activities where a tractor cannon is involved. Otherwise you aren't missing out on much using any other Spike Grenade 150 (Outrageous Fortune, Acantha-D, etc)

Dec 2, 2017
Oh man I was sooooo close to Fabled just now...2052 Glory on a two win streak, match a team we beat pretty handily before

Countdown soooo yeah....we are up 3-1 when one of our teammates get the spectator glitch

These guys smelled blood and just bumrushed every game with Joutunns and super after super

End up 4-4 before the dude finally gets back and we lose 6-4 :(

I had that exact situation happen the other day in a survival match, except I didn't get back in. It was so frustrating being in spectator jail too, because the other team sucked and I was dunking on them with an 11.0 kda before I blinked out. I wanted to get back in & help so bad.

Are there any IB weapons I should be grinding for? Looking mostly for PvE.

Swarm of the Raven is the PvE meta, get one with spike grenades, field prep & as much velocity as possible and you've got the best heavy in the game.

I've really come to think that Talons of the Eagle is the best legendary scout in the game, and by like a mile. Only Cut & Run is even in the same neighbourhood.

Orewing's Maul is my go-to breach load grenade launcher when a bounty or quest calls for one.

Bite of the Fox is the best high impact sniper in the kinetic slot in the game.

I like Crimil's Dagger a lot, my favourite legendary 110rpm hand cannon. It slaps enemies around, it's fun to fire, looks like a boss weapon with that Black Armoruy shader on it. but it's more of a change of pace weapon with so many other crazy hand cannons in the game.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
I've felt this for the last couple of Iron Banner weeks but I have more fun in IB than I do in normal Quickplay. It could be because of the improved matchmaking or it could be because with Control you know where people are generally going to be at any one time. If they could make it a regular mode (call it, Light Control, or something - basically the same rules and matchmaking as IB but it's not IB) then I would probably abandon QP altogether.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Ahhh finally! Finally finished that "Light it Up" step from the Season IB quest where your team has to do grenade kills. Now it's on to killing enemies with such fun things as swords and scout rifles. Oh Bungie, what have you done?

Dynheart

Self-requested ban
Oct 31, 2017
I'm curious as to how Bungie is going to handle Y1/2 content (eververse, vanguard/crucible seasonal stuff like shaders, sparrows/ships, ornaments etc) when New Light hits. Are they going to inject these items back into the game for new/newer players for earn, or are they just gonna say eff it and let the new/newer players get to play the game for as long as they want, and watch and play without being able to pet a chicken, eat some popcorn, or change into some of the cooler looking crucible ornaments.

I suppose it kinda rewards the dedicated, that exclusivity to vanity type stuff. /shrug Kinda curious how they will handle it going forward.

Mr Delabee

Oct 25, 2017
UK
No one told me Iron Banner was at the strongest curse this week. I'm already sweaty enough with the heat at home without the need for this.

I'll just have one more game.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
No one told me Iron Banner was at the strongest curse this week. I'm already sweaty enough with the heat at home without the need for this.

I'll just have one more game.

been ok for me. i think last ib was like hitting a brick wall iirc. But I been on like a month long Qp roll, which, I consider IB basically QP

comp kinda changes your mindset too, you realize qp really means nothing (not that anything in the game actually does) so who even cares if you win or lose. whereas in the depths of a qp losing streak playing only qp, i'll be going crazy.

Granted it sucks to lose because it probably means the competition is tougher which probably means you won do well individually, but trying to stay above water individually against stacks and stuff in QP can be it's own fun goal.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Remember if you're going after a specific IB weapon, don't do the armor quest. You will dilute your loot pool.

ThatOneGuy831

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got my Recluse and Luna's Howl after getting my bonus points from reset. Liking recluse so far, hell of a good gun

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
Yeah why is weekly for bird woman done already two weeks in a row. Maybe this is a thing going forward now if your clan is maxed out. Who knows except Luke.

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I've felt this for the last couple of Iron Banner weeks but I have more fun in IB than I do in normal Quickplay. It could be because of the improved matchmaking or it could be because with Control you know where people are generally going to be at any one time. If they could make it a regular mode (call it, Light Control, or something - basically the same rules and matchmaking as IB but it's not IB) then I would probably abandon QP altogether.
I definitely have a much better time in Iron Banner than in Quick Play and it's mostly because as a low-skilled player the SBMM gives me matches where I actually feel competitive and I'm not getting smacked around by people far better than I'll ever be. But also SBMM is the devil etc.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
I'm impressed with my IB loot haul so far. Got a Class item with Absolution (all abilities cool down on Orb pick up) Arms with Enhanced Hand Cannon Loader and Sniper Scavenger, one set of legs with Enhanced Bomber and another set with Enhanced Sniper Dexterity (Izanagi's Burden is thirsty for these). Also, since I am using Black Talon for this step my Does Not Compute is having to put in some work. And it's better than I would have thought. 150 scouts can hang. No, they aren't optimal but they certainly aren't bad either.

Mr Delabee

Oct 25, 2017
UK
been ok for me. i think last ib was like hitting a brick wall iirc. But I been on like a month long Qp roll, which, I consider IB basically QP

comp kinda changes your mindset too, you realize qp really means nothing (not that anything in the game actually does) so who even cares if you win or lose. whereas in the depths of a qp losing streak playing only qp, i'll be going crazy.

Granted it sucks to lose because it probably means the competition is tougher which probably means you won do well individually, but trying to stay above water individually against stacks and stuff in QP can be it's own fun goal.

I've come off 25 comp and 25 rumble matches, my eyes have certainly been opened these past couple of weeks to all the styles of play. I'm just having a stinker of an evening, it happens.

Also I'm playing as my alts to get the IB gear and triumph, my hunter PvP experience so far is I suck with a hunter.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
What makes these better than other scouts?
Both are high impact which is really the only viable scout archetype in PvE, Talons have excellent stats, Cut and Run is one of the only 4 primary weapons (2 if you count out raid weapons) in the game that can roll the fatebringer combo (outlaw+dragonfly). Also Transfiguration the Last Wish scout is equally good as it can roll the deadly combo of kill clip+rampage. I think the Crown of Sorrows scout also have some really nice perks but I've yet to get my hands on a decent one.

Last edited:

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I have a Crown scout of Outlaw / MultiKillClip

It's also a scout so I don't touch it

Oct 25, 2017

IIRC it was right before they allowed valor resets from other seasons to count and i had missed 2 weeks due to being on vacation (where one of them was double/triple valor)

Double/Triple valor really helps out if you are trash like myself but due to those missing weeks i had to go overtime when it came back and also doing matches every night while valor is back to normal so i could get the 10 points minimum. :/

I was completely burnt out when i finally did it and got the triumph.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Even the least shittiest map that is Dead Cliffs has awful spawns. That's what happens when you initially design this game to be shit.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
That's what happens when you initially design this game to be shit.
3USgt2g.gif

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Wow was listening to a guy on twitch, on Cerridious stream (Van buren shoutout) and I can tell he knows what he's talking about, heavy sweaty type, he said, if you win trade in crucible absolutely nothing will happen to you. A guy even streamed win trading to recluse on youtube or maybe put a video of it, absolutely nothing has/will happen to him.

Win trading is one side waits for the counter to jump from 4/8 to 8/8, the other side will see it jump from 4/8 to 8/8 if they back out instantly, the first team will get the win but 2nd team does not get the loss. You can do this all the way to 5500 glory (RIP Demi's unbroken :( ), or sell Recluse for $20.

Basically crucible is the wild west.

But PVE, you can/will get temp banned for win trading in gambit or possibly going forward you could get banned for AFK macros (TWAB?).

So Bungie basically says screw PVP, dont mess with PVE, or something like that. Interesting.

Last edited:

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Can anyone tell me what the light level cut off for Iron Banner is? As in what level I need to be in order to still at least have a chance?

All 3 of my characters are between 710 and 715. Is that enough or am I screwed?

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to lose my mind grinding for a spike Swarm of the Raven. This iron fucker just loves giving me Crimil's Daggers.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Just need 14k more imperials or so, and I'll be set with a Perfected Chalice. The drop rate on imperials is total bullshit, by the way: going from 0 to 2160 glory, I got none. After five runs of Menagerie with the item buff, I got one drop. After 10-ish Iron Banner matches, I got one drop with the buff.

The droprate on these needs to be upped considerably so people spend more time earning runes and less time grinding for the ability to get more runes. This system was so good at launch with the glitch, and now that you can't take advantage of that, the grind takes forever.
Even the least shittiest map that is Dead Cliffs has awful spawns. That's what happens when you initially design this game to be shit.
The main problem is that vanilla Crucible was designed for 4v4. Bumping it up to 6v6 may not sound like a lot, but it turned what were once medium-sized maps (like Vostok) into small maps, while Endless Vale went from small to "unreasonably fucking tiny".

It's why I'd argue Comp is, problematic as the ranking system has proven to be, a superior Crucible experience compared to quickplay and Iron Banner.

Last edited:

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
Used the big non-ERA LFG server to find a group doing the weekly challenge on scourge last night. A group that advertised specifically that they were doing the challenge:
1. Was not doing the right challenge
2. Got defensive when politely corrected
3. Gave up when realizing they weren't doing the correct thing
4. Got mad when a friend and I then decided to leave because we wanted to do the challenge for the title and said "who cares anyway? You don't get anything good for doing the challenge"

-_- sticking to destiny ERA LFG from now on

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
So does Bungie plan on ever actually fixing the game? Because Iron Banner is here and another reset has come and gone and the game is still a bug riddled mess.

This is kind of ridiculous at this point. It's like they are not even paying attention to the fact their game is a buggy mess at the moment.

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Can anyone tell me what the light level cut off for Iron Banner is? As in what level I need to be in order to still at least have a chance?

All 3 of my characters are between 710 and 715. Is that enough or am I screwed?

Anyone over 720 will do more damage to you and you will do less damage to them, but it won't be unplayable.

Jotunn is your friend for one shotting players who are higher PL than you.

So does Bungie plan on ever actually fixing the game? Because Iron Banner is here and another reset has come and gone and the game is still a bug riddled mess.

This is kind of ridiculous at this point. It's like they are not even paying attention to the fact their game is a buggy mess at the moment.

The patch on the 30th is supposed to address the myriad of issues, but they should have delayed IB to next week as well.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Anyone over 720 will do more damage to you and you will do less damage to them, but it won't be unplayable.

Jotunn is your friend for one shotting players who are higher PL than you.

Thank you.

The patch on the 30th is supposed to address the myriad of issues, but they should have delayed IB to next week as well.
They really should. I can't believe they did an important event in the middle of a bugged as hell PvP system.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Wow was listening to a guy on twitch, on Cerridious stream (Van buren shoutout) and I can tell he knows what he's talking about, heavy sweaty type, he said, if you win trade in crucible absolutely nothing will happen to you. A guy even streamed win trading to recluse on youtube or maybe put a video of it, absolutely nothing has/will happen to him.

Win trading is one side waits for the counter to jump from 4/8 to 8/8, the other side will see it jump from 4/8 to 8/8 if they back out instantly, the first team will get the win but 2nd team does not get the loss. You can do this all the way to 5500 glory (RIP Demi's unbroken :( ), or sell Recluse for $20.

Basically crucible is the wild west.

But PVE, you can/will get temp banned for win trading in gambit or possibly going forward you could get banned for AFK macros (TWAB?).

So Bungie basically says screw PVP, dont mess with PVE, or something like that. Interesting.

None of this is new.

- People win-trade / glory boost for NF/Unbroken. Not new. It's even easier on PC because you can switch servers with lower population count.
- You get 30 minute bans if you back out of Gambit and Comp matches. Not new. This is how the win-trade system works, you back out before the match pretty much starts so you don't get temp banned or lose glory.
- The banning for AFK macros is bullshit and of course some dumb youtuber would think that. But AFK macros - or macros in particular are a problem on PC and need to be dealt with somehow.

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
I tried to switch to Asia server to farm wendigo in peace but the game logs me out each time i try to queue to any activity. Ironically i actually live in Asia.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That feel when your friends get their second and third Tarrabah while you have zero =/

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
I've really come to think that Talons of the Eagle is the best legendary scout in the game, and by like a mile. Only Cut & Run is even in the same neighbourhood.
Talons is legit but what hurts it for me is the fixed zoom and scope. With the Crucible scout (and others, but I used Does Not Compute so that's what I'm basing this on) it can roll a bunch of different sights and you can go lower zoom (I like Hitmark IS) so it doesn't feel like such a handicap on smaller maps.
Unfortunate but that wouldn't be very appealing to me. As strange as it may seem I actually enjoy the process and work of getting these weapons and then using them with the knowledge that I put the time in and made the plays and the fun/effectiveness of using it is the reward. That's just me though.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, the Warmind Collections badge (part of Wayfarer title) is going to kill me, isn't it? It's death from RNG and bad drop rates.

Got a Braytech Schematic last night. Need 2 more weapons from the set. Of course it's a dupe of what I have already.

Need all 3 EP weapons. Did like 10 boss clears last night. Still nothing. I think I have over 40 EP clears in total and a EP weapon still hasn't dropped for me yet.

Braytech Osprey chase is rough too. My buddy got his last night on our 4th clear, which gives me hope. I also got the Sunshot Catalyst so it wasn't a total waste.

Makeno

Dec 4, 2018
I don't think there's anything funnier than watching your entire team clump @ spawn because the other team has them shook

Like it's pretty easy to prevent the spawn camp blitz than can eventually snowball. But you have to put them to the sword and as soon as you're done you need to take B. If you're not great then just HOLD B, if you're good enough take their spawn and point but I swear - usually when I try to instigate that big boi play, I gots no back up, no incoming flank. When I see my team doing it? I'm the one to rush back to OUR spawn and make sure they don't cap it before we've taken theirs - resulting in a guaranteed 6v1 which I manage to survive for about 3/4 seconds - long enough to keep them off the point.

Also why did my last two teams just completely give up on the idea of getting Heavy? It's useful to have even if it means the other team not having it. Like where are you guys. We're clearly not capturing the points or getting kills, so why aren't you here helping me get heavy goddamn it all /rant

Whew, now I'm ready for a few games of Iron Banner. Got like 3 or 4 bounties done last night, just need those sword kills now. Suros Regime was surprisingly good btw. I'd rock it if I had the catalyst.

Status
Not open for further replies.