• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I'm well aware of how broken Fusion Rifles can be, I abused the shit out of Telesto. Erentils and Rebukes are next on the chopping block

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks. Will keep an eye out for one with that.
There are a few ways to effectively use FRs as I see it:

Pre-charge as you roam around corners and actively hunt targets.

Use then at longer ranges as a mini-sniper rifle with the correct perks.

Or use them reactively when a player is suddenly in your face, which is where backup plan is useful.

You generally need specific perks to make longer range work consistently, so it's kind of one or the other.

Tempered dynamo curated roll drops often from scourge and is very good for the reactive style of play.

I'm well aware of how broken Fusion Rifles can be, I abused the shit out of Telesto. Erentils and Rebukes are next on the chopping block
They are not broken. You need to adapt to a good FR user is all.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

Honestly this "State of the Game" is probably gonna be the way that i determine whether or not I am buying Shadowkeep. If they actually acknowledge the various issues surrounding the game and it's content then it's probably gonna be a buy. But if they use this as a "Game is great! Look at all these numbers and our player count!" kind of thing then it's gonna be a pass from me.

There are alot of things surrounding Eververse, PvP, Vendors, and the PvE content that needs to be addressed and the community has been asking for alot of it for quite some time now. Bungie is either gonna take a hard look in the mirror or they are gonna continue down this path of having a complete misunderstanding of what the community wants out of the game.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
The game is in a really great state right now. Yes, there are issues, but overall this is the best Destiny has ever been.

Do not get the more negative opinions.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Honestly this "State of the Game" is probably gonna be the way that i determine whether or not I am buying Shadowkeep. If they actually acknowledge the various issues surrounding the game and it's content then it's probably gonna be a buy. But if they use this as a "Game is great! Look at all these numbers and our player count!" kind of thing then it's gonna be a pass from me.

There are alot of things surrounding Eververse, PvP, Vendors, and the PvE content that needs to be addressed and the community has been asking for alot of it for quite some time now. Bungie is either gonna take a hard look in the mirror or they are gonna continue down this path of having a complete misunderstanding of what the community wants out of the game.
What's wrong with Eververse?

Feb 4, 2018
The game is in a really great state right now. Yes, there are issues, but overall this is the best Destiny has ever been.

Do not get the more negative opinions.

The game's in a great state if we are judging it according to the community's expectations (more content and things to do/chase), but I feel like D3 needs to take the exploration aspect of the game to the next level.

Lost Sectors and Public Events are okay the first time through, but there's so much more they could be doing to make the worlds feel more interactive and lively

astro

Oct 25, 2017
The game's in a great state if we are judging it according to the community's expectations (more content and things to do/chase), but I feel like D3 needs to take the exploration aspect of the game to the next level.

Lost Sectors and Public Events are okay the first time through, but there's so much more they could be doing to make the worlds feel more interactive and lively

Add scoring to lost sectors.
Weekly modifiers.
Leaderboards.
Unique loot.

Would make then infinitely repayable for me.

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
What's wrong with Eververse?
I've never complained about it because I don't have an issue with MTX in general when it's just cosmetic.

But there is one point I'll grant the complainers:

When did we last get new Vanguard armor? Or Crucible? Planetary vendors? None of this ever gets refreshed, unlike D1. Whereas Eververse gets new sets every season.

I don't mind there being extra sets being available for sale. But it's a bummer that each new season only brings 1-2 armor sets you can earn in-game: 1 from an activity like BA/Reckoning/Menagerie and another from whatever new Raid is out.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Tried to squeeze 1 last Mindbender drop in before reset/downtime, but got a shit roll 😭
My good enough roll will have to do for now.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Read part 1. Not a whole lot of interesting stuff there, but a nice look into the past year. We do get a little bit of insight on what's to come in Shadowkeep such as a likely nerf to Well of Radiance (or someway to prevent the auto reloading mechanic that it as well as other gear and abilities offer). Same when it comes to exotics that help get your super back quickly. All in all, an enjoyable read. Can't wait for part 2.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
pursuits.jpg

New pursuits menu for shadowkeep; PC players get a hotkey to access pursuits tab

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing how Luke talks more about season of the drifter than menagerie really show they knew they fucked up that season badly with breaking Destiny rules in reckoning not to mention the terrible RNG drops.

From what I gathered they gonna :

Buff scouts
Nerf supers / rather the amount of super regen gain from exotics.
Ammo circumvention meaning probably nerfs to lunafaction boots or titan's shield but high probability its Lunafaction boots. Imo Well of radiance wasn't really a problem but rather Lunafaction boots/whisper/rally barricade or any ammo circumvention ability combo'ed with well is a problem.
Damage stacking nerfs
Retiring/reducing some powerful reward weekly quests because its beginning to be a chore to do them all.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
There's a lot to absorb in that, but it really wasn't all what I was hoping for. I was hoping for more talk regarding Crucible and that's not even hinted at for the next installment. If that's not telling...

also:

In the future, we're going to have to make a choice: Which Gambit is the Highlander of Gambits. Prime or Classic

Feb 4, 2018
Like most Director's Cuts, that post felt 25% insightful/75% self-indulgent and I say this as someone who usually devours any Luke content

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
There's a lot to absorb in that, but it really wasn't all what I was hoping for. I was hoping for more talk regarding Crucible and that's not even hinted at for the next installment. If that's not telling...

also:

I hate both to be honest. Both have significant issues, particularly the amount of heavy ammo available and how heavy it's weighted towards invaders.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

also:
I'm guessing the livestream tomorrow would give the crucible stuff more context.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
It was a meh read for me. They kind of hint at some of the issues that i care about, but never fully address them. They talk about Gambit, but don't address any of its problems. They talk about Eververse, but they don't focus on any of the specific complaints lobbied against it.

The hints at "Supers and PvP" at least gives me hope that they might be intending to do something about Super spam in Gambit/Crucible though so that is something at least.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
We have an internal team here codenamed: Velveeta (they were formed in the wake of the Crota's End modem-unplugging debacle to help find the cheesiest things to do/use in the challenging PVE portions of the game) – these players are some of our craftiest.

Stop bringing this hamfisted squad up Luke/Bungie

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
Thoughts on the Luke post:

- I disagree with him when he says we had no content droughts this year. Having nothing new to do for a half a season or more is a drought, especially when seasons gets less content than DLC drops did. Iron Banner and 2x infamy are not content.
- He said doing this annual pass was hard on the team. VV did Opulence, so if Bungie can't handle two seasons, I find that a bit troubling.
- It seems like his solution for us having to do old content for milestones is to just remove old milestones? I don't see how that fixes the problem if they aren't adding enough new content to compensate.
- He doesn't seem to address the fact that Gambit has a lot of issues or that a ton of people have a ton of complaints regarding it.
- He admits they committed a bunch of cardinal sins designing the Reckoning encounter which ended up nerfing the exotics it was built around but ignores the fact that they left activity the same difficulty wise?
- Quest/bounty split looks great but took forever.
- He talks about Eververse but makes no mention of how the rewards from playing the game suffered because of it. There is no Crown ship or sparrow. We can't get ornaments for weapons by using the weapons or completing activities.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Also their talk about having to dial it back content wise for the team gives me a mixed reaction.

On one hand I am glad that a studio is finally openly discussing how deadlines and promises affect their teams and how they don't want that to happen.

On the other hand though I am afraid this will mean overall less content in the long run for Y3 compared to Y2. And less content is never good. Especially in a game like Destiny that can already be grindy and repetitive as it is.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
It was a meh read for me. They kind of hint at some of the issues that i care about, but never fully address them. They talk about Gambit, but don't address any of its problems. They talk about Eververse, but they don't focus on any of the specific complaints lobbied against it.

The hints at "Supers and PvP" at least gives me hope that they might be intending to do something about Super spam in Gambit/Crucible though so that is something at least.

Also their talk about having to dial it back content wise for the team gives me a mixed reaction.

On one hand I am glad that a studio is finally openly discussing how deadlines and promises affect their teams and how they don't want that to happen.

On the other hand though I am afraid this will mean overall less content in the long run for Y3 compared to Y2. And less content is never good. Especially I'm a game like Destiny that can already be grindy and repetitive as it is.

Agreed.

Feb 4, 2018

- I disagree with him when he says we had no content droughts this year. Having nothing new to do for a half a season or more is a drought, especially when seasons gets less content than DLC drops did. Iron Banner and 2x infamy are not content.
- He said doing this annual pass was hard on the team. VV did Opulence, so if Bungie can't handle two seasons, I find that a bit troubling.
- It seems like his solution for us having to do old content for milestones is to just remove old milestones? I don't see how that fixes the problem if they aren't adding enough new content to compensate.
- He doesn't seem to address the fact that Gambit has a lot of issues or that a ton of people have a ton of complaints regarding it.
- He admits they committed a bunch of cardinal sins designing the Reckoning encounter which ended up nerfing the exotics it was built around but ignores the fact that they left activity the same difficulty wise?
- He talks about Eververse but makes no mention of how the rewards from playing the game suffered because of it. There is no Crown ship or sparrow. We can't get ornaments for weapons by using the weapons or completing activities.

Great post.

There really should've been a mid-season evaluation of Reckoning/Gambit Prime where Bungie adjusted the rewards/difficulty of Tier 3.

FFWarrior005

Alt account
Banned
Jul 13, 2019

This is well said and I agree with pretty much all of it. Honestly I worry about how much content this next year will have and will certainly not be paying for that Annual Pass upfront.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
I wish Luke had gone into more detail about how the selling of the ornaments meant that Zero Hour could be spun up—like, what's the connective tissue there?
Quests like Whisper / Zero Hour are a seperate project from the usual seasons/expansion so it's probably they have a dedicated small team in just doing Zero Hour since whisper/zero hour locations are unique from the base game/expansions. And as a project you need money/budget to fund people into doing this even if those people are your own employees, whisper ornament funded the extra money to do it.

Feb 4, 2018
Quests like Whisper / Zero Hour are a seperate project from the usual seasons/expansion so it's probably they have a dedicated small team in just doing Zero Hour since whisper/zero hour locations are unique from the base game/expansions. And as a project you need money/budget to fund people into doing this even if those people are your own employees, whisper ornament funded the extra money to do it.

"even if those people are your own employees"

This is the calculation that doesn't make sense to me. Isn't it as simple as saying, "people enjoy this content and we should make more things like it"?

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
luke smith said:
Oh, and this fall, bounties will be separated from quests and PC players can assign a hot key that takes them directly to the Pursuits menu.
Just because PC has a keyboard doesn't mean console players shoudl miss out - for instance, PS4 could get better functionality like this with swipes on the touch pad, it works so well in games like Days Gone. Holding that big-arse button is a hell of a chore.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
It is upsetting to see several people here read about the difficulties and costs of game dev discussed briefly by Luke, and then turn around and still accuse them of either incompetence or profess lack of faith in Bungie's ability/will to make the game better - at least on a timescale that pleases. I loathe using the word "entitled," but I'm having trouble thinking of a better term.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It is upsetting to see several people here read about the difficulties and costs of game dev discussed briefly by Luke, and then turn around and still accuse them of either incompetence or profess lack of faith in Bungie's ability/will to make the game better - at least on a timescale that pleases. I loathe using the word "entitled," but I'm having trouble thinking of a better term.
It's fucking pathetic, but I've come to expect no less from certain members of the community.

The sooner they piss off, the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.