• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 31, 2017
La La Land

PKoUlut.png

"Lemme get uh.... 6 seperate orders of Hells, with 6 sides of Naws"

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
EJj5fvo.png

So this clip from the trailer. It's obvious the starting landing area in the EDZ but uhh there is some weirdness going on. Lots of floating rocks in the back ground. Is the Leviathan going to coming to Earth next???

Nov 2, 2017
Does destinyera have a good presence on Xbox? It's where I play it and could use some new friends to do strikes and raids with. I've had it for months and I still haven't done a raid

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
Coming back to Destiny always feels so good. Best gun feel out right now.

Destiny has always been snappy gunplay. Even when I felt like the game was a chore or I didn't have it in me just sitting down playing music in the background and playing strikes or helping do things with others has always been great and the gameplay is a huge part of that.

Makeno

Dec 4, 2018
Coming back to Destiny always feels so good. Best gun feel out right now.

Real talk. Made my way through the Division 2 recently, played the raid once and was like, meh. (Still a great game, just the raid wasn't my cuppa)

Re-installed D2 and bought the season pass and I swear I love this game even more than I did before? Never got TLW or Thorn during my time with D1 so I'm loving using those at the moment, the variety in the weapons and fuck man, I love me some Crucible.

Nostremitus

Nov 15, 2017
Alabama
I keep posting in the old OT, lol.

I hit lvl 50 but haven't done any strikes or anything, just playing campaign and the random public events that happen.

I'm playing on PC.

Nostremitus

Nov 15, 2017
Alabama
Start hunting exotics.

The best part of the game are the guns and abilities/builds. Exotics are what power that.

I highly recommend chasing them all.
Ok, I've really enjoyed using my Promethius Lens, I plan on trying to level it up... but even in the 250 range, it still puts out a considerable amount of damage even compared to my 450> weapons.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Fucking hell breakthrough is no fun with full stacked teams. They all have the recluse and not forgottens. Bungie needs to fix this plague of a matchmaking problem for D3 because I dont have the time to always gather teams.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
Ok, I've really enjoyed using my Promethius Lens, I plan on trying to level it up... but even in the 250 range, it still puts out a considerable amount of damage even compared to my 450> weapons.

Do me a favor:

Get Ace of Spades. Google how. If you like the PVP component of the game at all, it's so crucial.

Get all the exotics you can via quests. Do the raids. Find Sherpa groups.

If you're on PC, add me (same name as here) and join the discord in the original post.

Nostremitus

Nov 15, 2017
Alabama
Do me a favor:

Get Ace of Spades. Google how. If you like the PVP component of the game at all, it's so crucial.

Get all the exotics you can via quests. Do the raids. Find Sherpa groups.

If you're on PC, add me (same name as here) and join the discord in the original post.
That looks awesome. My main weapon is a hand cannon and I switch to the Promethius Lens for mobs and bosses.

I put your username in but the "send request" button remained grayed out.

Last edited:

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
I joined a Petra's Run game on a whim and it's most anxious I've been in a game since raiding in WoW. It was great. From what I've heard, it seems like I was lucky that it only took one real attempt (the two deaths to people messing up the doors on Kali doesn't count) but it makes the Scourge equivalent seem trivial. I might actually go for Rivensbane now, maybe even Blacksmith depending on how terrible the Izanagi farm ends up being.

Dec 2, 2017
Closing in on my 3rd Gambit reset this week. Triple infamy is great.

I freaking love swords in this mode. An invader thought he had me pinned down with 20 motes in the tunnels under the plate on Emerald Shore last night, they kept hardscoping the exit w/Thunderlord & tossing in grenades. I just stood behind the wall teabagging them until the timer got low, they got desperate & charged in. Of course the sword was letting me see them around the corner the whole time so they got completely smoked out of their Blade Barrage startup animation I once they got in.

I used to panic-bank once an invasion started, but I killed 4 invaders in one match like this last night. They almost always rush you if you're stationary behind cover with a pile of motes. They just assume you're scared & about to choke a gunfight (I mean, I would too). I can't wait until they buff the sword ammo economy further so they can get more use throughout the match. ⚔

The only down moment came when it seemed like a Burning Maul tanked a Worldline dash. Seriously? They can do that? It has no problem one-shotting sentinel shield supers.

I joined a Petra's Run game on a whim and it's most anxious I've been in a game since raiding in WoW. It was great. From what I've heard, it seems like I was lucky that it only took one real attempt (the two deaths to people messing up the doors on Kali doesn't count) but it makes the Scourge equivalent seem trivial. I might actually go for Rivensbane now, maybe even Blacksmith depending on how terrible the Izanagi farm ends up being.
Izanagi has a set quest to follow. It's not short, but the weapon is worth it in the end. The only annoying part is if you get a bad rare bounty from Ada for that step...or if you get to the Shattered Throne step like a day after curse week ends.

My rare bounty was "finish Shattered Throne with Black Armory gear." Which I got right after curse week ended so I got to combine both bad breaks.

Oct 25, 2017
New Destiny content drops are always so exciting and this is no different. I'm looking forward to picking if you want armor or weapons for loot. I still don't know why they went away from that.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
I need to get outbreak perfected today before the nerfs hit. Anyone on Xbox interested in joining today?

Dec 2, 2017
I should try this. Was having a blast running Mountaintop and Last Man standing last night as a bottom tree striker last night, and coping with invaders was the biggest weakness— got a few with Wardcliff, but I should try a sword.

PS: One-two punch with Synthoceps is fun.
I was running 1-2 punch with Winter's Guile on Devour. Once you get warlord x5 you're 1-slapping ogres with full health regen. I should send that build to Aztecross.

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Outbreak hype had me login this week for the first time in a while.

Nabbed Outbreak after a few bad groups (had one guy try to start it up without gathering all the nodes beforehand). Great quest! Loved the use of the old tower and all of the new areas included. That's how we should be recycling content.

Decided to finish some exotic quests I had been lagging on. Finally got Malfeasance and also hit max rank Gambit. Had no idea it was a triple exp week, so that was a cool surprise. Finally working on The Last Word too, on the 4-step section with Hive killing stuff now. Got Jotunn while grabbing a few light levels for my power weapon slot, a nice surprise. Thinking about finally starting Izanagi's Burden too.

I won't be tackling the raid day one, but I've got a ton of time Thursday/Friday, so I might make a go for it then. Forgot how much fun I have in Destiny!

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Is there anything I need to do if I start playing today? I know the seasons about to shift so I probably don't have time for anything, just in case there's something that doesn't take long that's a must do.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Is there anything I need to do if I start playing today? I know the seasons about to shift so I probably don't have time for anything, just in case there's something that doesn't take long that's a must do.

Start from scratch? Or do you already have a fairly leveled character

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
630 atm, started over on PC a few monts ago.

Done a few things like The Last Word quest recently, but not much... played a few matches of Gambit prime... that's it.

Not too much to worry about finishing up before Tuesday then. There will be new light level catch up mechanics on Tuesday so just have some fun and do what you enjoy til then.

SgtCobra

Oct 25, 2017
I got the Suros Regime catalyst.

Tried using it in the crucible, fuck me this gun meant to be exotic?
Funny thing is, I've been performing better with that gun than I ever did with Not Forgotten in quickplay. It's really fun too and I win 9 out of the 10 1v1s.

The geometry is 100% from Trostland, it's where the "Enemies move against each other" event happen.
Yup
Edit: guess I was wrong too lol

Last edited:

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
The only downside to using the mote of light for new players is.....

You miss out on 8 hours of legendary shards I think (or do legendaries not even drop until you hit 20?)

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Will I finally put forth the effort to hit Fabled in these finally days and stop being lazy?

Maaaaybeeeeee.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
The only downside to using the mote of light for new players is.....

You miss out on 8 hours of legendary shards I think (or do legendaries not even drop until you hit 20?)
Legendary drops during the 3 campaigns are irrelevant in the long run. The real loss is the free exotics during vanilla campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.