• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
2KxAqKH.jpg

New? The Past OT's are loaded with info and discussion.
OT1
OT2
OT3

The curse of the Dreaming City persists Mara Sov has abandoned us for reasons unknown, The Black Armory has been located and looted, we have cemented our allegiances and played our part in the Drifters Gambit.

The Season of Opulence is upon us. Bringing with it new modes, new maps and a slew of changes and patches.

Alongside Season of Opulence is the Premium content Penumbra included in the Annual Pass. We're returning to the Leviathan, Uncovering the secrets of Emperor Calus, Proving our worth in The Menagerie and Seeking out the most valuable treasures in the underbelly of the Leviathan in the new raid Crown of Sorrow

First lets look at the Roadmap and Teaser Trailer

AE_Season7_Calendar_EN_16X9_EXPORT_FOR_LOC.jpg

lbo2LxQ.jpg

The Menagerie is an all new 6 Player PvE Matchmade activity. Emperor Calus's Lost Vaults are a Dangerous maze of challenges and formidable foes, Rewards are in store those who best these challenges. Calus would see you grow fat from strength. During Season of Opulence, he will be granting players the Chalice of Opulence, which serves as players' gateway to treasure. Players who emerge victorious in the Menagerie will use the Chalice to serve up an offering of runes in exchange for the weapons and gear they choose from the selection of items available. The treasure you find will be limited at first, but over time you'll be able to upgrade the Chalice to acquire more plentiful and powerful rewards.

english.png

FYdNsuI.jpg

QVb64BC.jpg

THE RAID!

Venture into the unexplored underbelly of the leviathan. What awaits is unknown but two things we can count on are Bosses and Loot.

Crown of Sorrow marks a first for Destiny. Past Raids have given teams time to prepare and gear up for the awaiting Challenge. Not this time.

In bungie's own words.

Bungie said:
When we were building Vault of Glass in 2013, the notion that our raids would launch a competition around World Firsts in Destiny was only a dream. The Me-from-2013 certainly didn't imagine we'd have the opportunity to make sweet championship belts and jackets for champions and competitors. It's been an incredible multi-year run: Bosses have fallen off ledges, sword bearers have been clutch, giant foes have created jaw-dropping moments, and the list could go on and on. With Crown of Sorrow, we hope to add more memories to your time in Destiny's Raids.

World's First races in Destiny are attempting to deliver the following experiences:
  • Power progression that challenges raiders to climb to compete for World First
  • Showcase team communication, game strategy, and player skill
  • A watchable and fair World First race

The World First race is when our players test their mettle in the Raid for the first time. With Opulence, we wanted to try something different and make the Raid available on day 1 in an effort to make the Raid Race more fair and competitive. However, our best laid plans have turned this into a multi-week, cross-seasonal Powerful Reward storage competition.

While we love seeing players find clever ways of leveraging game mechanics, we wanted to step back and look at what's going to be the best player experience for those competing and those watching. Below is how we're changing the way the World First Raid window works for Season of Opulence and testing out a new mode called Contest.

When Crown of Sorrow goes live on June 4th at 4 p.m. Pacific, here is what to expect:
  • While Contest is active, players will face an enforced challenge throughout the Raid. This means, Power beyond certain levels will provide no advantage for a given fight (e.g., for the first fight all Power above 700 won't provide an advantage, and for the final fight Power above 720 will not provide an advantage).
  • We are going to deploy the update at 8AM Pacific and the game will be down until 10AM Pacific, so that as many players as possible can get through the download and verification step and be ready for Opulence launch.

Weapons and Armor
Like Always Season of Opulence brings with it new armor and weapons to outfit you guardian on their quest to 750 Power
Ke1Ysuw.jpg

In addition to the regular additions to the loot pool Season of Opulence brings in 3 new pinnacle weapons to grind out and prove your dedication.

I8GABrk.jpg

Power Surge
In a similar manner to the community appreciated Prime Bounties from last Season Forsaken owners can heed Calus's call to quickly catch up to the Power of their fellow Guardians via introductory missions.

Lumina
Like Thorn and The Last Word before it Season of Opulence contains an Exotic Hand Canon in the form of Lumina with a distinctly Rose like aesthetic
lumina.jpg

y8YDzq7.jpg

Returning from Last year The Solstice of Heroes is a tradition in which Guardians reflect on past hardships and celebrate the resilience of humanity's foremost defenders. Celebrate with other Guardians in this limited-time event!

New Armor, New Triumphs and Solstice exclusive elemental buffs await.

Update 2.5.0

Update 2.5.0.1 brings with it a host of buffs, nerfs and quality of life overhauls to Destiny 2. Full Patch notes will go live June 4 and I'll post them here

RJjo2f6.jpg

Here's a tease of the new Pursuits tab

english_1.png

The Pursuits menu will be moved from your Inventory to the Director. With this update, you'll be able to switch between Pursuits and the Director overview in one move. With the objectives displayed in the new tab, it should be easier than ever for you to plan your gameplay session and knock out some bounties more efficiently. We also added some filters to give you a "quests only" and "bounties only" view, so you can separate limited-time pursuits from long-term pursuits. We also increased the pursuits inventory size from 50 to 63 to give you more room to hoard some bounties.

Eververse is also getting an overhaul

Bungie said:
We had two main goals for the changes we're making to Eververse in Season of Opulence:

Direct Pick:
  • Every new Eververse item in Season of Opulence will be available for direct purchase via Silver or Bright Dust
  • Most of these offers will be time limited, with new items available weekly

Greatest Hits:
  • Season of Opulence's Bright Engram will contain a collection of community favorite legacy items, with a focus on the "Best of Year One."
  • If you missed out on Spicy Ramen or the Selfie Emote, Season of Opulence is your chance
Year_1.jpg
English.jpg

Destiny 2 Year 3 & The Future.

Bungie have a reveal stream planned for Thursday, June 6 10AM PT.
D71F-wFUwAAsTWu.jpg:large

Geoff Keighley will also be doing an E3 2019 Panel with Bungie on June 11 Titled "The Future of Bungie and Destiny 2"

dHauVUZ.jpg

I'll keep this updated

The Destiny Community is frequently amazing

Group Finding

D2 PC LFG Discord (PC) https://discordapp.com/invite/d2pclfg
DestinyLFG (All Platforms) http://www.destinylfg.net/
The 100 (All Platforms) https://www.the100.io/
Bungie Fireteam Search https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2/FireteamSearch

Community Sites and Tools

Destiny Item Manager https://destinyitemmanager.com/
Destiny Sets (Gear and Weapon Checklist) https://destinysets.com/
Destiny Tracker (PvP/PvE Stats) https://destinytracker.com/
light.gg (Full database scraper/Stat Tracker) https://light.gg/
Ishtar Collective (Lore Collectors) https://www.ishtar-collective.net/
/r/DestinyTheGame https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/
Destiny Roundup https://destinyroundup.com/
Destiny Daily https://www.destiny-daily.com/
Gaurdian.gg https://guardian.gg/2

DestinyEra also has a active private discord with LFG channels for all platforms and a lovely community. We are welcoming and easy going. If you want to join you can DM Ruthless requesting an invite. THIS IS NOT A CLAN, THIS IS A COMMUNITY DISCORD

The DestinyEra Discord is also home to a channel dedicated to Sherpas willing to guide new players on their first foray into the Raids and Raid Lairs of Destiny 2 and Forsaken

For now that's everything covered. Will Update with important info.

Also I just want to say after doing 4 OT's Thanks to everyone in the community for being awesome!

calus_hero_alpha.png

OP
OP
Stalker

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Reserved.

Posting gaming side as it's a new paid content drop for the game

Oct 27, 2017
Is the resetera pc clan still going strong? I may want to join up after the new content drop for a raid down the road a few weeks after the raid drips.

Edit: I mean join a raid group. I am already in the clan. Sorry.

darthbob

One Winged Slayer
Nov 20, 2017
Ah, new OT smell.

So... any bets on what the Lumina quest will turn out to be? Rose? Hawkmoon? New Handcannon? Actually a sidearm?

KyngKee

Oct 25, 2017
I really need to get back to playing Destiny 2. Still have the Forsaken King unplayed. My Destiny buddy doesn't want to play any more so I hadn't played. I just love the gun designs in this game. IMO their the best out of any game I've played...

OP
OP
Stalker

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, new OT smell.

So... any bets on what the Lumina quest will turn out to be? Rose? Hawkmoon? New Handcannon? Actually a sidearm?

I'm betting it's the same gun model as Rose but we are forging it because the original one became corrupted and turned into Thorn.

Lumina basically means Light in contrast to Thorns Darkness.

The other possibility is Lumina to Rose is what Malfeasance is to Thorn and the real Rose will turn up in Y3

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So if I haven't touched the game in close to a year, how hard is it to catch up? I bought Forsaken, but is there another season pass I need now?

OP
OP
Stalker

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So if I haven't touched the game in close to a year, how hard is it to catch up? I bought Forsaken, but is there another season pass I need now?

The Annual Pass launched with Forsaken it was basically just repurchasing 3 content drops this is the final of those 3 overall it's been a mixed bag but when looking back a BIG amount of content to work through. That said you can buy the AP and jump straight in with the new June 4 DLC. It has a intro mission that will speed boost your power level to 690 or something close and set you up to play the new stuff and then you can go back and do the older content if you wish.

For someone in your position you have a good backlog of activities

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
"Prove yourselves worthy and I'll show you the means to true power."

I love Calus. His self love, his hedonism. I love his personality.

Ramala

Oct 28, 2017
Santa Monica, LA
I feel like I'm too far behind. I dropped out around Season of the Gambler as I pretty much refuse to do anything competitive, even Gambit, and therefore couldn't get, like, anything.

OP
OP
Stalker

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I'm too far behind. I dropped out around Season of the Gambler as I pretty much refuse to do anything competitive, even Gambit, and therefore couldn't get, like, anything.

The seasons Introductory mission will set up you with enough strong gear for you to enjoy the new seasons PvE content

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The Annual Pass launched with Forsaken it was basically just repurchasing 3 content drops this is the final of those 3 overall it's been a mixed bag but when looking back a BIG amount of content to work through. That said you can buy the AP and jump straight in with the new June 4 DLC. It has a intro mission that will speed boost your power level to 690 or something close and set you up to play the new stuff and then you can go back and do the older content if you wish.

For someone in your position you have a good backlog of activities
Cool thanks!

I've heard about some of the QoL stuff and past events on podcasts, and with the June update here I definitely want to jump back in.

ThatsMyTrunks

Mokuzai Studio
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
San Antonio, TX
A buddy and I are looking for an XBox One clan that actively plays and isn't super strict on players fulfilling their duties. We just need some more friends who play on XBO, really. Hit me up if you've got space in your clan. <3

darthbob

One Winged Slayer
Nov 20, 2017
I'm betting it's the same gun model as Rose but we are forging it because the original one became corrupted and turned into Thorn.

Lumina basically means Light in contrast to Thorns Darkness.

The other possibility is Lumina to Rose is what Malfeasance is to Thorn and the real Rose will turn up in Y3

Good ideas. I like the last bit, Lumina and Malfeasance. Curious how that fits in with Big Daddy Calus, but perhaps we'll find out that Rezzyl/Yor had met the Emprah already and that's how we get Lumina.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I kind of regret falling off D2, after being into D1 a lot...I liked the idea of having a character for the long term, and lots of loot with stories of how I got it, attached to it....

The D2 reset kind of put me off, especially thinking about an eventual D3 and losing everything AGAIN.

Looks like D2 might be running for a long time, and was worth getting invested in.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Super excited for this season. The mystery behind what we will face in the raid is so exciting. Hoping some of the theories are correct and it will actually move forward the story.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I kind of regret falling off D2, after being into D1 a lot...I liked the idea of having a character for the long term, and lots of loot with stories of how I got it, attached to it....

The D2 reset kind of put me off, especially thinking about an eventual D3 and losing everything AGAIN.

Looks like D2 might be running for a long time, and was worth getting invested in.
Not too late to jump in if you want to. There's a wealth of great content if you haven't played since pre-Forsaken and the power boosts can get you caught up to enjoy the new content.

panama chief

Oct 27, 2017
Great OT. right in time for Opulence. I do wish they had cross saving. my boy is moving over from PS to xbox and hes leaving behind a LOT. really sad stuff, but the fellas are all on xbox and he was over there alone.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
I could eat strength all the time without even stopping.

"You'd get fat."

No, why would I get fat?

"Strength makes you fat."

STRENGTH MAKES YOU FAT?!?

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I haven't played since December. I'll have to read about everything to see if its worth it for me to jump back in right now. I am very afraid that any new content will feel like exactly more of the same stuff. I sorely miss getting new strikes and PvP maps.

Last edited:

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Not too late to jump in if you want to. There's a wealth of great content if you haven't played since pre-Forsaken and the power boosts can get you caught up to enjoy the new content.
Oh yeah, for sure, I just can't justify sucking myself back in. For me, enjoying Destiny is an almost full time thing, dailies, weeklies, exotic quests, storing stuff for power levelling when the caps raise.

LFG'ing for raids can be amazing, but also soul destroying, esp when you're trying to keep up with the community.

Nov 2, 2017
Just found out destinyera has a clan on zvox. Haven't played the game in a good while but I hope to have some new friends to play raids and strikes eith. I still haven't been able to do a single raid

OP
OP
Stalker

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played since December. I'll have to read about everything to see if its worth it for me to jump back in right now. I am very afraid that any new content feeling like exactly more of the same stuff. I sorely miss getting new strikes and PvP maps.

The basic gist of it is

Black Armory introduced 4 3 player PvE arenas that had players kill enemies and throw a ball into a ball catcher and then kill a boss.
Season of the Drifter introduced Gambit prime which is a 1 round gambit gametype with added difficulty and also reckoning which was basically end game PvE content in a horde type game mode
Season of opulence is a horde esq event again and some missions

Outside of this there's 2 Raids some exotic missions and a couple of other bits and bobs like missions and challenges etc

Desmond

Oct 25, 2017
Have had the game for about a year but never really dabbled in it. Same happened with D1

Decided to play today and I'm hooked. Just thought I'd jump into the thread and say hi

Apr 25, 2018
Rockwall, Texas
I'm definitely ready that's for sure. I can't wait to see what else is coming we don't know about yet and I'm especially excited and hopeful for their future of Destiny 2 talk.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I can't even imagine doing the Reckoning bridge once these nerfs hit. What were they thinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.