• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
I cheesed it and now that I'm seeing how many mats you all used....yikes I'm sorry

I'm guessing if they do anything about this they'll just compensate the legit players somehow? Has a similar situation happened before?

JetBlackPanda

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Echo Base
Cheesing a mission or opening a chest for a random roll a few times is not the same as this. I've had to use actual mats and shards and dust...

This is legitimately the firs time I feel really angry at Destiny and I ran the vault of glass 43 times before I got a vex mytho.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I decided to give in and use the Tribute Hall cheese and I feel a little dirty. Especially after seeing how much materials it takes to do it legitimately.

My only defense is that I have been away for so long and I'm only just now getting back into the game these past few weeks. I don't even have a single character past 700 light. Hell I don't even have a character all the way through the Dreaming City. I had left the game before even doing the Calus Raid. So I have no stockpiles of materials and shards like longtime players have. So there is just no way I would have been able to grind out the levels, the materials and the triumphs in order to get it on my own legitimately. I would have had do it all solo as well since the only friend I have that plays Destiny still can only play once a week. So I would have had to use LFG sites in order to do most of it and I imagine finding a group to take what is essentially a noob through content would have been halfway impossible. And Bad Juju was my most used weapon from Destiny 1 as well alongside Hawkmoon.

I know it's not much of an excuse, but it's the only one I have. I wouldn't have been able to get it otherwise.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
After far too many hours of mayhem.

Grenade kills: 100%

Grenade double kills: 100%

Calculated Trajectory: 70%

tenor.gif

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Yeah, you have set your Destiny account back compared to someone that just went to orbit and back. It's FUCKED

I play enough that all that doesn't really affect me, maybe the 15k bright dust since that was all from gameplay, I've never bought silver/dust in Destiny.

But for anyone else not sitting on 25k shards or 250k dust, yes that's a massive chunk of resources.

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
I decided to give in and use the Tribute Hall cheese and I feel a little dirty. Especially after seeing how much materials it takes to do it legitimately.

My only defense is that I have been away for so long and I'm only just now getting back into the game these past few weeks. I don't even have a single character past 700 light. Hell I don't even have a character all the way through the Dreaming City. I had left the game before even doing the Calus Raid. So I have no stockpiles of materials and shards like longtime players have. So there is just no way I would have been able to grind out the levels, the materials and the triumphs in order to get it on my own legitimately. I would have had do it all solo as well since the only friend I have that plays Destiny still can only play once a week. And Bad Juju was my most used weapon from Destiny 1 as well alongside Hawkmoon.

I know it's not much of an excuse, but it's the only one I have. I wouldn't have been able to get it otherwise.

I got all 3 characters to 750 and still didn't have anywhere near the mats needed for this

JetBlackPanda

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Echo Base
Because you're not supposed to get it done in one day.

With the 80% discount which is meant to be earned over 3 weeks of bounties, you'll spend a fraction of the mats required right now.

This is also true, I'll just grind it out but having to use my mats and bright dust even legit when you can just back in and out is pretty fucking crazy

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
For Tribute Hall triumphs like High Roller, do they require a full set of gear from Leviathan or Menagerie?

Some of the triumphs say 'the more you wear, the better your progress', but some just say wearing calus themed armor and using calus themed weapons.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
People mad over this when the discount exists though I guess it's warranted since it's glitched according to pxg. He was the only one to mention it.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Ha ran into a fun little bug. The 3x bonus XP for your first 3 levels of the week? Its only applying to my Titan. My Hunter and my Warlock are not getting any bonus XP at all. Not even when I pop a coin.

Good job Bungle lol

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Mental note: always wait at least two days before starting an exotic quest just in case more bullshit like this happens.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Are they level 50? The 3x XP buff only works on fully leveled chars.
Yeah. All are level 50. I just tested it to make sure. I did a public event on my Hunter. Popped a coin and then did another. It was the same amount of XP. So for whatever reason my characters are not getting any bonus XP.

Gonna try closing the app and logging back in to see if that fixes it.

EDIT: It did not lol

Last edited:

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
i just looked at the triumphs for the moments seal...not really feeling it. guess i'll wait until july 24 to see what else is added.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I forgot Mayhem was this week. For anyone who needs Valor for Redrix or for a seasonal reset those games are super fast making it the best option.

rumble might still be better, especially when top 3 counts as a win and games are quick.

not sure i havent exactly explored between the two. hate mayhem.

Oct 25, 2017
I play enough that all that doesn't really affect me, maybe the 15k bright dust since that was all from gameplay, I've never bought silver/dust in Destiny.

But for anyone else not sitting on 25k shards or 250k dust, yes that's a massive chunk of resources.

25K shards. How is that even possible? I have 350K bright dust, but only about 3k shards.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
What's a good Mod to throw on the Delirium? Was thinking Back Up mag, but don't want to spend all my remaining Glimmer (I'm a whale to Calus) on it to see it go up like 5.

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
So once you finish cheesing the tributes on your 2nd character, do you hop back on the 1st to actually open the door? I got 50 tributes already but I'm still a little iffy on that part

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
What's a good Mod to throw on the Delirium? Was thinking Back Up mag, but don't want to spend all my remaining Glimmer (I'm a whale to Calus) on it to see it go up like 5.

I was thinking recently there really arent that many good weapon mods at all. Especially since I learned target adjuster is only a +5 aim assist, so not a ton of value (if true).

Basically in most cases there's only target adjuster (as just discussed, kinda weak), counterbalance (depends on gun), rampage spec if it has rampage, maybe backup mag, maybe icarus if it's a hand cannon or sidearm.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
So once you finish cheesing the tributes on your 2nd character, do you hop back on the 1st to actually open the door? I got 50 tributes already but I'm still a little iffy on that part
Yes. You have to use the first character to open the door, but after that any of the characters can go inside and place the tributes and grab the Bad Juju mission.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
I just did the base Juju quest for 400 shards and 4k dust. Will grab the catalyst at 80% discount, no hurry.

But yeah the economy has been fucked because of these cheeses. Some people were already sitting on tens of thousands of shards and cores because of the pinnacle cheese.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I just did the base Juju quest for 400 shards and 4k dust. Will grab the catalyst at 80% discount, no hurry.

But yeah the economy has been fucked because of these cheeses. Some people were already sitting on tens of thousands of shards and cores because of the pinnacle cheese.

I cheesed it but I only have 500 shards and 2700 bright dust. There is no way I would have been able to get it done legit on my own. Especially since I have zero raid experience. Nobody is gonna want to help a noob do the raids at this point. I know it's not much of an excuse, but I knew I wouldn't be able to get it otherwise.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Cerridious 77 bomb juju. Basically just one long kill streak.

I know we've beat it to death but FOH is every bit as OP as Spectral or Warp at their peak really, but noone talks about it..those shadowkeep super damage resistance reductions cant come fast enough.

Daigoro

Oct 28, 2017

what's the best way to do this economically? i think ive already spent more than that and im not even close. i'm doing something wrong...

hurlex

Oct 25, 2017
does anyone know what the emote you get when you do 50 tributes is? i assume someone has done it because of the cheese

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
This cheese is a slog. Going to orbit and back. Not too bad though. Maybe just do 10 tonight and hope they dont patch it tomorrow or something.

I dont really get it though, I've placed like 7 tributes and not got the juju quest.

I bet my Xbox One X and SSD is helping me load all this shuttling back and forth faster...

Edit: I guess per above u gotta open the door on your other char. already like 4 waypoints in there.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
This cheese is a slog. Going to orbit and back. Not too bad though. Maybe just do 10 tonight and hope they dont patch it tomorrow or something.

I dont really get it though, I've placed like 7 tributes and not got the juju quest.

I bet my Xbox One X and SSD is helping me load all this shuttling back and forth faster...

Edit: I guess per above u gotta open the door on your other char. already like 4 waypoints in there.
Yeah it takes awhile. Me and my buddy did it while just talking back and forth in chat and playing Dokkan while we waited.

Status
Not open for further replies.