• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Nothing. That is something I've always liked about Bungie. They're not going to punish the player for bugs/exploits in their game.
Yeah Bungie not being assholes when people exploit their own mistakes is one of the reasons I respect them. They know it's their fault if they release buggy or glitchy content. Not the players.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing. That is something I've always liked about Bungie. They're not going to punish the player for bugs/exploits in their game.
How about those who exploited comp matchmaking for easy recoveries for pinnacle weapons? or those who took advantage of Bungie's p2p and ddos others? Theres a fine line thats need to be drawn but bungie can't be fuck bothered to do it.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Okay the bugs are getting out of control now. I just left a Gambit match where my teams side of the map stopped spawning enemies for us to kill. We had 27 motes.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
I'm toying with the idea of jumping back in for Shadowkeep and trying to work out what I need to do to get caught up. Last thing I bought was the CoO season pass (this is why I left) and it looks like if I pre-order the DDE of Shadowkeep it'll give me Warmind... but at the moment (or at all) it doesn't look like that gives me access to Forsaken?

So... if I buy the Forskaken Complete Collection (on sale at the moment)... and then Shadowkeep that should give me access to the lot right? All of this is through the PSN store.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Is it 1980 Glory I need for reset to get me to Fabled? I'm on something like a ten win streak playing solo right now and up to 1810 Glory, so it's in touching distance.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Who wants grind glory with Bold?

Be warned... Bold is average.
I'd be happy too once I get to Fabled (probably next week, as decided I'm not going to push my luck), I have to play 25 comp games for Redrix anyway and will probably get Luna when doing that too. I'm a decent player, but not good enough to guarantee wins (especially not when using Hand Canons).

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
20% more PvP for my final triumph statue.

exotic catalyst done, 80% of it in PvP along the way. Definitely a slog at 3%-4% progress PER MATCH regardless of win streak. But I like PvP so it's w/e.

Still missing 2 Titan exotics. Just hard to get motivated to play certain content when that's the only reward being searched for. Hopefully they'll drop when I get back to running Forges.

Who wants grind glory with Bold?

Be warned... Bold is average.
Are you on PC (I can't remember)? I can help you if so.

Nov 14, 2017
I cheesed it but I only have 500 shards and 2700 bright dust. There is no way I would have been able to get it done legit on my own. Especially since I have zero raid experience. Nobody is gonna want to help a noob do the raids at this point. I know it's not much of an excuse, but I knew I wouldn't be able to get it otherwise.
We're having a season of the sherpa in Discord and trying to get lots of noob raids done for the next month(?) I think.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
20% more PvP for my final triumph statue.

exotic catalyst done, 80% of it in PvP along the way. Definitely a slog at 3%-4% progress PER MATCH regardless of win streak. But I like PvP so it's w/e.

Still missing 2 Titan exotics. Just hard to get motivated to play certain content when that's the only reward being searched for. Hopefully they'll drop when I get back to running Forges.

Are you on PC (I can't remember)? I can help you if so.
ps4

Nov 14, 2017

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
This is going to sound like I am kidding but swear to God in heaven I just had the game change my 674 rocket launcher to 690.

I know it's been 674 because it's the exact same Quickdraw auto loading rocket launcher I have had for ages and the game just loaded me into the tower and i saw my light level went up and I was confused. It's at 690 now for literally no reason. I swear to God.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
This is going to sound like I am kidding but swear to God in heaven I just had the game change my 674 rocket launcher to 690.

I know it's been 674 because it's the exact same Quickdraw auto loading rocket launcher I have had for ages and the game just loaded me into the tower and i saw my light level went up and I was confused. It's at 690 now for literally no reason. I swear to God.
possible you got one with the same roll and didn't realize it?

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
I feel like I'm jumping on the bandwagon at this point but if I was ever exiled to a deserted island in Destiny without bank access and could only take the items I could carry on my guardian then both Austringer and Beloved would be going with me. Austringer because it just feels and sounds so good to use and Beloved because it's so effective that I can't ignore it.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
PC bros: this will sound like a weird suggestion, but here me out.

Try Counterbalance Mod on your hand cannons. It wasn't until recently that I noticed how much deviation there is between the first and second shots of a hand cannon. Take Austringer as an example.

Stand near a wall and shoot it without moving your mouse. The second shot will have kicked far to the right. Like, far. This is one of the reasons you may be finding 2 and 3-taps to be an inconsistent affair.

Try it with a Couterbalance mod. Go ahead, I know you have a stack of 20 of them that you never thought you'd use. If you have an Austringer that doesn't have Rampage (ie Zen Moment, Rangefinder, Opening Shot) or if you just don't care that much about Rampage Spec for PvP, try a Counterbalance. It greatly reduces that deviation between the first and subsequent shots, giving you a demonstrable increase in consistency. And in PvP, consistency matters more than just about anything else.

edit: back to testing, not finding as much of a difference on some weapons as others, and no difference at all sometimes.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2017

Try Counterbalance Mod on your hand cannons. It wasn't until recently that I noticed how much deviation there is between the first and second shots of a hand cannon. Take Austringer as an example.

Stand near a wall and shoot it without moving your mouse. The second shot will have kicked far to the right. Like, far. This is one of the reasons you may be finding 2 and 3-taps to be an inconsistent affair.

Try it with a Couterbalance mod. Go ahead, I know you have a stack of 20 of them that you never thought you'd use. If you have an Austringer that doesn't have Rampage (ie Zen Moment, Rangefinder, Opening Shot) or if you just don't care that much about Rampage Spec for PvP, try a Counterbalance. It greatly reduces that deviation between the first and subsequent shots, giving you a demonstrable increase in consistency. And in PvP, consistency matters more than just about anything else.
That's strange. CB mod adds +15 to recoil direction, which is supposed to be good for weapons that don't have a recoil direction that ends near a 5 (except for 100 which is vertical). Austringer is 95 though, which is damn near vertical.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017

I actually think Austringer is one of the easiest to land that 2nd and 3rd shot with, certainly easier than most of the 150's which seem to have a more pronounced sideways kick to me. But yeah, since I have a couple of different rolls it will be interesting to compare one with a CB mod and one without.

In other news I found the other guy who was running with Auzez the other night. https://destinytracker.com/d2/profile/pc/Angus?mbmid=4611686018475729152

His K/D is much more normal (although still very good) but he's actually the one that went 33 and 0 on Bannerfall (42 score) along side Auzez's 42 kills and 3 deaths.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
I feel like I'm jumping on the bandwagon at this point but if I was ever exiled to a deserted island in Destiny without bank access and could only take the items I could carry on my guardian then both Austringer and Beloved would be going with me. Austringer because it just feels and sounds so good to use and Beloved because it's so effective that I can't ignore it.

A world without jotunn by my side is a world I am dead in.....

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
That's strange. CB mod adds +15 to recoil direction, which is supposed to be good for weapons that don't have a recoil direction that ends near a 5 (except for 100 which is vertical). Austringer is 95 though, which is damn near vertical.
everything after the first shot is very vertical. the deviation between first and all of your other shots are huge.

edit: ignore for now. I'll do some more testing. seeing inconsistent results. it definitely helps all the other shots be more consistent, but the difference between 1st and 2nd shots is not as significant as I remember it being on some of my weapons.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe this is a long shot but I'm looking for people that can help me with the last part of the outbreak quest (the 20 mins one).

Oct 29, 2017
Do the special quest versions of strikes scale higher in light level if you go in at higher than it's recommended light level?

For example, I still need to run Pyramidion for Izanagi's Burden. The quest is 650, but I'm 722 on my Warlock. Will I have a relatively easy time in the quest solo since I'm 72 light levels higher? Or will it scale up to meet me at my current light level? Question applies to the Thorn strike too. I mostly play solo, so these are tough lol

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Can confirm one full Last Wish run in full value gear with Acrius will guarantee 100% on the Tribute triumph

I did a Last Wish, Scourge, and Crown with people who had 0% progress on the tributes last night.

You pretty much get all of them done in one go (and like 90% of the general Leviathan one) if you have all pieces of gear equipped (Bad Juju counts so you aren't forced to used Acrius during encounters)

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Do the special quest versions of strikes scale higher in light level if you go in at higher than it's recommended light level?

For example, I still need to run Pyramidion for Izanagi's Burden. The quest is 650, but I'm 722 on my Warlock. Will I have a relatively easy time in the quest solo since I'm 72 light levels higher? Or will it scale up to meet me at my current light level? Question applies to the Thorn strike too. I mostly play solo, so these are tough lol
I don't think they scale up, but they can still be pretty tough depending on the strike. If you're on PS4 I could help you this evening or you could probably find help on the discord.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
LOL, good thing I didn't do the Bad Juju straight away. Now I can cheese the door triumph for the catalyst.

Oct 29, 2017
I don't think they scale up, but they can still be pretty tough depending on the strike. If you're on PS4 I could help you this evening or you could probably find help on the discord.

I appreciate the offer! I'm on XB1.

I'm actually not in the discord, and I've never noticed how to get an invite into it lol. I'm a semi-active player on XB1 (probably far more active this Fall).

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As someone with 6 figures of dust and 4 figures of shards, I will wait for the full discount. No way I'm blowing over 2k in dust for these tributes. I have 42 tributes and the rest can wait - no rush.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
How timely. Cammycakes goes from talking about his opinion on Beloved to talking about the Spectral Blades / Hand Cannon / Sniper combo as being "oppressively" (his word, not mine) powerful with very little chance for counter play when used by a great player. And that's exactly what I experienced in that match with Auzez two nights ago. Link to timestamp in his video -

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I'm actually not in the discord, and I've never noticed how to get an invite into it lol. I'm a semi-active player on XB1 (probably far more active this Fall).
According to the OP, Ruthless should be able to get you an invite if you send them a message.

Feel free to add me to your XB friend list (Dineren on there as well), I'm not playing D2 on there now, but in September I'll be jumping back and forth between platforms most likely.

Oct 29, 2017
Add me on there, I'll be more active this fall as well but im usually on daily.

Xbl - Gh0stOfNY
According to the OP, Ruthless should be able to get you an invite if you send them a message.

Feel free to add me to your XB friend list (Dineren on there as well), I'm not playing D2 on there now, but in September I'll be jumping back and forth between platforms most likely.

Will do guys! Thank ya :)

demi

Oct 27, 2017

I'm on Xbox as well. Message me here or on Xbox (same GT) if you see me on or need help with a mission.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Ah, FFS, I accidentally went into Comp and lost my streak, lost by 1 point too and got shoulder charged right at the end to tip the score. 😢
Now I need to win 3 in a row and wait for another weekly reset after next to get the Recluse and Revoker.

Status
Not open for further replies.