• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Even with the "discounts" this Triumph Hall/Bad Juju quest is going to take forever lol. I am always tapped out on these currencies so I have no idea how im going to complete it anytime soon. I did get 7 of the things placed already, so im about halfway there, but still. I really dont get why they think that stuff like Glimmer should be something you are always low on, or why they would place a cap on how much you can amass. Im probably in the minority, but I dont play enough to be able to collect a ton of these. If it wasnt for the Enhancement Core bounties, I would never have enough of those either.

BTW, how do you get Bright Dust, besides doing those bounties? Im not buying Silver if thats one way lol.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Alright, it's time to try my hand at getting Revoker for the Triumph, since there is no way I can get the comp pinnacle.

Below is what I currently have in DIM and I need the most "daddy" friendly sniper to use for PvP (I suuuuuuuuck at PvP) Also, what is the best one for PvE use to get quick kills for the gambit triumph.

Kinetic:
Silicon Neuroma:
Curated with snapshot

Dreaded Venture:
Full Bore/extended mag/outlaw/rapid hit

Bite of the Fox:
Fluted/Accurized/Firmly $hit/opening Shot
Fluted/Drop Mag/snapshot/Firmly planted

Long Shadow:
Accurized/snapshot/rampage

The Supremacy:
Corkscrew/lightmag/Amb Ass/Rampage

Energy:
Fate Cries:
Zoom 10 pt/extended mag/hipfire/moving target
Zoom 10 pt/extended mag/genesis/rampage

Beloved:
Extended barrel/Tac mag/field prep/moving target

Sole Survivor:
Hammer forged/armor piercing/rapid hit/opening shot
Fluted/armor piercing/triple tap/demolitionist
Corkscrew/flared/Fourth Times a Charm/Demolitionist
Extended/Light Mag/Amb Ass/Slideshot

Twilight Oath:
Corkscrew/tac mag/opening shit/outlaw

Tatara:
Fluted/Appended/outlaw/dragonfly

Persuader:
50V Tele/drop/field/amb ass
50V Tele/Accurized/Gensis/outlaw
50v tele/Steady rounds/snapshot/Moving target

The Long Goodbye:
Chambered/Ricochet/Outlaw/dragonfly

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Alright, it's time to try my hand at getting Revoker for the Triumph, since there is no way I can get the comp pinnacle.

Below is what I currently have in DIM and I need the most "daddy" friendly sniper to use for PvP (I suuuuuuuuck at PvP) Also, what is the best one for PvE use to get quick kills for the gambit triumph.

Kinetic:
Silicon Neuroma:
Curated with snapshot

Dreaded Venture:

Bite of the Fox:

Long Shadow:

The Supremacy:

Energy:
Fate Cries:

Beloved:

Sole Survivor:

Twilight Oath:

Tatara:

Persuader:

The Long Goodbye:
Corn, I am forming a fellowship of the damned to tackle comp, join us, brother and you'll never have to snipe again

Oct 29, 2017

Kinetic:
Silicon Neuroma:
Curated with snapshot

Dreaded Venture:

Bite of the Fox:

Long Shadow:

The Supremacy:

Energy:
Fate Cries:

Beloved:

Sole Survivor:

Twilight Oath:

Tatara:

Persuader:

The Long Goodbye:

Go into your Collections and see if you have the Aachen sniper rifle. It's a Blue sniper, but hear me out: it's amazing. Seriously. It's Kinetic when you pull it out of collections, but if you farm one naturally you can get it in the energy slot and pair it with TLW for an excellent combo. Trust me, Aachen is a sticky sniper rifle and I love it.

Otherwise either Fate Cries Foul or Beloved (go grab one from Menagerie!) is an excellent choice in the energy slot, paired with a good kinetic primary will get you far.

Edgeward

Oct 27, 2017
Twilight Oath is my choice, it's my favorite archetype for snipers in pvp and I like scope of it. Plus you got a good perk on it with opening shot.

demi

Oct 27, 2017

Kinetic:
Silicon Neuroma:
Curated with snapshot

Dreaded Venture:

Bite of the Fox:

Long Shadow:

The Supremacy:

Energy:
Fate Cries:

Beloved:

Sole Survivor:

Twilight Oath:

Tatara:

Persuader:

The Long Goodbye:

Alone as a God from Leviathan is the most daddy-friendly (that felt nice to type) sniper in the game

demi

Oct 27, 2017
BTW, how do you get Bright Dust, besides doing those bounties? Im not buying Silver if thats one way lol.

You get Bright Dust by playing the game and earning Eververse drops. Delete all the Eververse junk (shaders, ships, etc) and it will add up.

Play a lot = get more Eververse engrams = get more bright dust

neatsaux

Nov 11, 2018
red room
Is fate cries foul a decent sniper to do the pinnacle quest with? The one i have is:

Adaptive frame
Zoom 10 point
armor-piercing rounds genesis
dragonfly

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
Oh nice service revolver now drops from vanguard tokens even if you've never unlocked it. Heard its one of the best pvp handcannons for kinetic.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
That Golden ghost from the tribute hall is just a cosmetic dust sink, right? You don't need to buy it for anything specific?

Oct 29, 2017
Is fate cries foul a decent sniper to do the pinnacle quest with? The one i have is:

Adaptive frame
Zoom 10 point
dragonfly

Fate Cries Foul is awesome, definitely give it a shot.
Yours doesn't seem TOO different from mine, and I LOVE it.

Mine is: Fate Cries Foul
Zoom 10 Point
Armor Piercing Rounds
Snapshot Sights
Moving Target

That Golden ghost from the tribute hall is just a cosmetic dust sink, right? You don't need to buy it for anything specific?

It's just a tribute statue to add to the hall and adds 1 to your total tribute count towards Bad Juju.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Corn, I am forming a fellowship of the damned to tackle comp, join us, brother and you'll never have to snipe again

Noby will comp with me brotha. My K/D prevents any of the cool kids from joining me. I need at least 1 PvP pinnacle weapon, so I guess the Sniper is the only one that doesn't need comp.

Go into your Collections and see if you have the Aachen sniper rifle. It's a Blue sniper, but hear me out: it's amazing. Seriously. It's Kinetic when you pull it out of collections, but if you farm one naturally you can get it in the energy slot and pair it with TLW for an excellent combo. Trust me, Aachen is a sticky sniper rifle and I love it.\
Otherwise either Fate Cries Foul or Beloved (go grab one from Menagerie!) is an excellent choice in the energy slot, paired with a good kinetic primary will get you far.

I'l look up the blue, but I will not actively grind Menage since they changed it to 1 chest per run.

Twilight Oath is my choice, it's my favorite archetype for snipers in pvp and I like scope of it. Plus you got a good perk on it with opening shot.

Twilight appears to be the fav so far.

Alone as a God from Leviathan is the most daddy-friendly (that felt nice to type) sniper in the game

EmptySpace mentioned that one in discord as well. It would be funny to pull that out of my collections and start plinking with it.

between here and Discord, this might be the final list:

Shard resupply:
The Long Goodbye:

Persuader:

Tatara:

Bite of the Fox:

Sole Survivor:

Beloved:

Silicon Neuroma :
Curated with snapshot

Dreaded Venture

Long Shadow:

Energy:
Fate Cries:

KEEP:

Twilight Oath:

Bite of the Fox

Sole Surviver

The Supremacy:

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017

Adaptive frame
Zoom 10 point
dragonfly

I got alone as a god and a fate cries foul with snapshot which I understand is the only perk that matters for snipers (thats how I found it, searching DIM for snapshot). I should be decently set in both slots, as little as I snipe. I never got the curated Twi Oath, and my best beloved had quickdraw but not snapshot. I saw a Reddit post, QD helps ADS speed a bit, but it's not as good as snapshot.

This bygones roll I've had for a while is an absolute monster.

Corkscrew rifling, Flared Magwell, Kill Clip, Outlaw, handling MW, CB mod.

Seriously I dont know what puts it over the top (maybe the CB mod?) but damn, so lethal in the mid range. You can have kill clip procced the majority of the time which makes it a different, far deadlier gun. Then I run with Recluse so between that and master of arms you can be on cheat mode a lot of the time. And it's damn good without KC too. It feels so snappy, you dont feel neatly as "dadly" as with Blast Furnace, you feel more nimble and hand cannon-y.

I'm just bored of BF. Same way I got with Mida back in the day, used it too long...

Speaking of BF I farm at least 1-2 rolls a week and the amount of air assault and the like trash I get is absurd. I'm still rocking the feeding frenzy/ramage one I got as like my 2nd one ever, all this time later still the best one. I cannot get a decent kill clip roll. I got one KC roll and it has no reload perk and meyrin sights which ruin any BF IMO...Rasmussen is a must IMO.

I think I read somewhere the way the damage works out kill clip is extra effective on 390 pulses in particular. With my bygones experience it may be true.

Last edited:

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
Is it still worth me doing the forges? I'm currently in the middle of the quest to unlock the second forge. Already around 730 light

Edgeward

Oct 27, 2017
Redrix Broadsword is a real grind but it's the most attainable pvp since you dont even need to win any comp games. You do for revoker. But it's best to do the last step when it's iron banner week which has to be within the next few weeks and get the double xp week and triple on the weekend because doing it normally is the biggest pain especially if don't ever get on a win streak.

Is it still worth me doing the forges? I'm currently in the middle of the quest to unlock the second forge. Already around 730 light

Yes, the weapons in it are still some of the best.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
You get Bright Dust by playing the game and earning Eververse drops. Delete all the Eververse junk (shaders, ships, etc) and it will add up.

Play a lot = get more Eververse engrams = get more bright dust
Thanks. Still going to take awhile, but those boosters are nice for getting more Eververse engrams I guess.

I went through and deleted all my shaders this morning. Got me enough bright dust for 2 more of those tributes lol. Ill just work at it in the background rather than focusing on it, like most of my other exotic/legendary quests. Still slowly working on Lumina. Should have rushed it when everyone else was doing it, but I had to work damnit.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
The Supremacy:
Twilight Oath:
Of what you have listed those would be my picks. Basically the top tier perks are Quickdraw, Snapshot, Moving Target, Firmly Planted (but not with Moving Target, one or the other) and Opening Shot. Your Persuader is the most ideal from a perk perspective but the Twilight Oath is probably the superior scope and stat choice.

It's kind of incredible just how bad PvP is in this game.
I like it although it does have it's imbalances and irritations. Overall I think the moment to moment game play is really fun even with the problems. I'm hoping that come September some new maps and game play refinements will make it even better.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Darn it! Theres a glitch for the Bad Juju and Catalyst, ONLY if you havent strated it already. If you placed any tributes already, it wont work :(

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
How about those who exploited comp matchmaking for easy recoveries for pinnacle weapons? or those who took advantage of Bungie's p2p and ddos others? Theres a fine line thats need to be drawn but bungie can't be fuck bothered to do it.

What you're describing is different. Those aren't bugs in Bungie's game. I don't care if someone does a recovery to get a weapon as long as they're not screwing over other people in the process. DDOS attacks are on another level. They should absolutely permanently ban anyone who does stuff like that.

Nostremitus

Nov 15, 2017
Alabama
Thanks. Still going to take awhile, but those boosters are nice for getting more Eververse engrams I guess.

I went through and deleted all my shaders this morning. Got me enough bright dust for 2 more of those tributes lol. Ill just work at it in the background rather than focusing on it, like most of my other exotic/legendary quests. Still slowly working on Lumina. Should have rushed it when everyone else was doing it, but I had to work damnit.
In September we'll start getting Bright Dust for regular bounties once New Light starts.

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
Does the Juju cheese work if you have 3 characters, but 1 has already opened the door? Like what if I use my 2nd and 3rd character for it, neither of which have opened the door?

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Hall is account based. If you opened the door / placed tributes on one character you are SOL

Bulletzen

Oct 30, 2017
Does the Juju cheese work if you have 3 characters, but 1 has already opened the door? Like what if I use my 2nd and 3rd character for it, neither of which have opened the door?
Nope. Annoyed by the cheese, but it is what it is. I still have Bad Ju Ju which is wonderful, but the grind and expense for the catalyst is going to hurt!

Mr Delabee

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I've now played a grand total of 8 comp games this season, going for revoker so I can claim that pinnacle triumph.

Went in to the next game with 2 win streak, I was matched in a team of 3 vs 4.....we lost by 1 at the very end as it was tied, damn nearly destroyed my first controller, I managed to keep the rage inside.

Comp is stressing me out.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I don't underywhy you have to play comp to get your pinnacle crucible weapons?
It's not like vanguard pinnacles are forced nightfall runs with extinguisher in all the time.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played since December but am considering jumping back in ahead of Shadowkeep. How is the Moments of Triumph grind compared to last year?

Jun 4, 2019
I don't underywhy you have to play comp to get your pinnacle crucible weapons?
It's not like vanguard pinnacles are forced nightfall runs with extinguisher in all the time.
Not a bad idea though to make Vanguard pinnacles significantly harder. Maybe have the quest be "achieve a score of 300k on 10 different Strikes." Really sick of mindless PvE grinds. Nothing challenging about doing 50 strikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.