• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

neatsaux

Nov 11, 2018
red room
lol at the bad juju cheese, id do it but dont have a second character.
At least you didn't open the door on your main character, waste a bunch of dust, shards, and currencies on tributes

realize you would never have enough time the rest of the tributes for Bad Juju

and then find out there is a cheese that you can not take advantage of now because you're an idiot and opened the door.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's not that I'm anti comp, I'm just pro fun
BvnK3cH.jpg

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
For Last wish tribute, it would probably take 2 runs? would be hard to switch to correct weapons because there's no cheat to open it's a automatic drop

Dynheart

Self-requested ban
Oct 31, 2017
I really thought about cheesing bad juju for a moment. I ultimately decided against it, as there's not much keeping me engaged until season 8 (mostly triumph chasing, even that get's old after awhile). May as well keep a carrot dangling in front of my face; it keeps me playing.

Overall, though, this season and forsaken have been the best seasons Destiny 2 has offered. Every season that follows is a huge step down in quality. Although I'll admit, I did enjoy the second half of season 3 (bring back faction rallies!! or just factions in general!!!)

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Mountaintop + Recluse in PvE =

giphy.gif

Gotta love how two of the best PvE weapons ever are crucible quests. Nice going, Bungie...

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
Alright, it's time to try my hand at getting Revoker for the Triumph, since there is no way I can get the comp pinnacle.

Below is what I currently have in DIM and I need the most "daddy" friendly sniper to use for PvP (I suuuuuuuuck at PvP) Also, what is the best one for PvE use to get quick kills for the gambit triumph.

Kinetic:
Silicon Neuroma:
Curated with snapshot

Dreaded Venture:
Full Bore/extended mag/outlaw/rapid hit

Bite of the Fox:
Fluted/Accurized/Firmly $hit/opening Shot
Fluted/Drop Mag/snapshot/Firmly planted

Long Shadow:
Accurized/snapshot/rampage

The Supremacy:
Corkscrew/lightmag/Amb Ass/Rampage

Energy:
Fate Cries:
Zoom 10 pt/extended mag/hipfire/moving target
Zoom 10 pt/extended mag/genesis/rampage

Beloved:
Extended barrel/Tac mag/field prep/moving target

Sole Survivor:
Hammer forged/armor piercing/rapid hit/opening shot
Fluted/armor piercing/triple tap/demolitionist
Corkscrew/flared/Fourth Times a Charm/Demolitionist
Extended/Light Mag/Amb Ass/Slideshot

Twilight Oath:
Corkscrew/tac mag/opening shit/outlaw

Tatara:
Fluted/Appended/outlaw/dragonfly

Persuader:
50V Tele/drop/field/amb ass
50V Tele/Accurized/Gensis/outlaw
50v tele/Steady rounds/snapshot/Moving target

The Long Goodbye:
Chambered/Ricochet/Outlaw/dragonfly

Supremacy.

c-bvcbcvbcvb.gif

vbnghgg.gif

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
So... which character at the moment feels best moving around? I have mained titan through most of Destiny thanks to skating and shoulder charge but that's not so good now it seems.

I enjoy running blink too!

Decisions...

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
Do any of the triumphs that award tributes require a complete armor set?

Or can you mix and match pieces of armor from various calus-themed events like Leviathan, Leviathan Lairs, and Menagerie.

Or can you have a missing piece and just use an exotic?

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
At least you didn't open the door on your main character, waste a bunch of dust, shards, and currencies on tributes

and then find out there is a cheese that you can not take advantage of now because you're an idiot and opened the door.

I feel ya, have'n't paid much attention to the even yet, still trying to lvl to 750 (725 if upgraded stuff now). Interested in it and the new mode this season but waiting till i get to max lvl before i try it, prob another 2 weeks. I doubt I'll ever get it done, seem more for people with alot more time on there hands then me.

ThatOneGuy

Dec 3, 2018
I've been grinding away at the game again after a long break, is there a era clan that I can join? I need people to play/raid with.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017

Wait, the Tributes thing is timed? As in it's going to eventually end? Lol wtf!

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018

Or can you mix and match pieces of armor from various calus-themed events like Leviathan, Leviathan Lairs, and Menagerie.

Anybody know? Should I bother going to for the Raid triumphs if I don't have a complete single set of gear, just a lot of odds and ends?

Edgeward

Oct 27, 2017

The more pieces of either sets you have on, the more progress you make. You don't need a full set. Some triumphs say you do more progress if you equip an exotic from them like Legend of Acrius

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
For EZ flawless Bad Juju mission, there is a glitch with arcstrider for infinite super

Basically be an Arcstrider with the top tree, activate the tribute that gives you orbs, cast your Super and stand in the orbs, wait until you hear another Super sound, and then every time you dodge with Lethal Current (or it expires) your super timer will reset.

The mission flawless is easy enough but this just makes it a walk in the park. Get it while it's hot.

No Idea

Mar 18, 2019
Man I'm tilted/pissed all the way the fuck off. Just lost a 4 game winning streak in comp that was about to be 5 and all of a sudden and can no longer spawn in and am forced to watch my teammates...? This game is garbage

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Man I'm tilted/pissed all the way the fuck off. Just lost a 4 game winning streak in comp that was about to be 5 and all of a sudden and can no longer spawn in and am forced to watch my teammates...? This game is garbage

Same thing happened to me yesterday! Two comp matches in a row (so, got comp banned again)

I get connection issues but I've never seen it before where I just spectate and dont spawn. Both times this happened at the start of the second round for me too on survival. So the first round was normal. Second round I dont spawn, am spectating. Never seen that before in my whole time playing the game.

After that I started not being able to load into the game at all, so I eventually hard reset router, modem, and Xbox and things worked gain, so I just chalked it up to internet difficulties on my end.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
It's a massive quest.
Step 1 is defeat 200 people with Pulse Rifles.
Step 2 is reach Valor Rank Heroic.
Step 3 is get 75 double plays.
Step 4 is get 150 Pulse headshot kills.
Step 5 is get 50 Void, Solar and Arc kills each (can be with anything).
Step 6 is play 25 Quick Play, Rumble and Competitive matches each. What I'm up to.
Step 7 is complete 20 Crucible Bounties.
Step 8 is reset your Valor 5 times within a single season.
Step 9 is go to Shaxx.
Revocker is far easier and quicker imo.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's a massive quest.
Step 6 is play 25 Quick Play, Rumble and Competitive matches each. What I'm up to.
Step 9 is go to Shaxx.
I'm at step 6 doe

No Idea

Mar 18, 2019
Same thing happened to me yesterday! Two comp matches in a row (so, got comp banned again)

I get connection issues but I've never seen it before where I just spectate and dont spawn. Both times this happened at the start of the second round for me too on survival. So the first round was normal. Second round I dont spawn, am spectating. Never seen that before in my whole time playing the game.

After that I started not being able to load into the game at all, so I eventually hard reset router, modem, and Xbox and things worked gain, so I just chalked it up to internet difficulties on my end.

I stayed in the match because my teammates were actually pretty good and I thought they'd be able to clutch it out after going up 3-0 without me in Survival. It's not internet issues by the way, it's just this game is broken. I'm guessing you haven't experienced the whole disappearing weapons and players bug yet? I really try to be patient as possible with this game but it's really running thin right about now.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017

I kept getting kicked from Gambit too, right as we spawn the boss, nothing spawns and then a minute or 2 later kicked to Orbit. Thankfully I just did the Reckoning bounties and hit reset, so Gambit can fuck off for awhile, but seems something is broken on Bungie's end, my Internet was fine.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
It's a massive quest.
Step 9 is go to Shaxx.

Gun is pretty trash too. I pulled it out to test out a "god-ish" roll I had, with ricochet rounds and stability MW...nope, still trash. Bygones is leagues ahead.

It's so slow to pull up to firing position, beyond whatever the actual gun does. That means you cant really use it in the all important mid to short ranges that are the whole reason pulses are good. Bygones is at least decent at almost any range.

Plus the perk is basically not even as good as Cill Klip anyway. It's "kinda like" cill klip (I want to call it cill klip) , but also makes the gun bounce around a lot more when active as a negative side effect.

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
Anybody know? Should I bother going to for the Raid triumphs if I don't have a complete single set of gear, just a lot of odds and ends?
It doesnt have to be a single set. You can mix menagerie(opulent set) and any leviathan raid gear. The more gear you have better will be your progress. Only the high roller triumph requires that every slot is filled with a calus themed gear.
If it happens again go to your pursuits tab and you should be able to respawn. This may be related to bounties as I have noticed there is a bug with bounty notifications where they wont pop up until the end of activity sometimes.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Gun is pretty trash too. I pulled it out to test out a "god-ish" roll I had, with ricochet rounds and stability MW...nope, still trash. Bygones is leagues ahead.

It's so slow to pull up to firing position, beyond whatever the actual gun does. That means you cant really use it in the all important mid to short ranges that are the whole reason pulses are good. Bygones is at least decent at almost any range.

Plus the perk is basically not even as good as Cill Klip anyway. It's "kinda like" cill klip (I want to call it cill klip) , but also makes the gun bounce around a lot more when active as a negative side effect.
Yeah, I've heard it's pretty meh given the effort required, until you get a kill and then it's good, but not so good it really matters much. Doesn't help there's so many great Pulses in D2 currently either I guess.
I'll still get it, as I do like Pulses and fast Pulses especially. It's also pretty much done, just have to play a lot of crucible now.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
It's a massive quest.
Step 9 is go to Shaxx.

Bungie still hasn't learned how to do quests. This should have been a massive checklist of things to do that could be achieved at any time, not one by one.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For you long term Destiny 2 players - do y'all still care about getting powerful drops every reset? You still do weeklies and dailies?
I have all my stuff up to 750 already and there's nothing I want that can drop from that pool of gear. Almost all the cool stuff doesn't drop from there but from doing activities.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
For you long term Destiny 2 players - do y'all still care about getting powerful drops every reset? You still do weeklies and dailies?
I have all my stuff up to 750 already and there's nothing I want that can drop from that pool of gear. Almost all the cool stuff doesn't drop from there but from doing activities.

Fuck no, leveling up in Destiny is the worst part of the game. Why would I want to continue that after I hit max level?

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
I did them to get some 750 infusion fuel but not anymore. Every milestone drop is insta shard for me now.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Still hoping for some perfect armour loadouts, but I have most of my MW weapons from that pool all set.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017

Yeah, as the others have said. Dont bother doing milestones after you're 750 and have some infusion fuel. Just do what you want then, and bungo gonna throw plenty of work at you anyway like exotic quests.

You will keep getting more 750 drops to build up more infusion fuel or shard even after you stop seeking them anyway. Such as prime engrams.

Nov 14, 2017
A little bit for infusion fuel. Being able to grab any exotic from collections at 730 reduces the pressure somewhat, because it's only the latest raid and heroic menagerie where that would really matter, so I focused on just infusing my most used legendaries. Also with armour 2.0 coming I decided to tackle my armour hoarding head on and basically cleared out my vault so I'll only have a few items per slot/per character at 750.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Bungie still hasn't learned how to do quests. This should have been a massive checklist of things to do that could be achieved at any time, not one by one.
Yeah, it and them not being account wide is probably my two biggest criticisms of Destiny, they are getting better at doing them at least, still some terrible grinds like Mountain Top and Thorn, but that's to be expected.They still a long way to go before I'd consider them good though. I also dislike that it's almost always track in percentages and not just how mank kills you need. Have to go on apps like DIM to see exactly what you are on.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

Im stocking up till I have 3 in every slot for when I need to infuse in my vault, then its all sharded

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
For Last wish tribute, it would probably take 2 runs? would be hard to switch to correct weapons because there's no cheat to open it's a automatic drop
I think 1 run is sufficient. Just use your Acrius at every encounter except Riven and switch back to it for the bridge phase. It's like 25% -30% per encounter in full regalia.

No. And I don't do those activities unless there is an incentive like a triumph, exotic quest or seal attached to it.

I realized that the only things I need 750 are (1) weapons and armor that I want to use for Iron Banner, (2) Heroic Menagerie, and (3) weapons and armor that I need for the raid.

There are no other activities that warrant resources be spent to upgrade beyond 730. For those items, you can pull a 730 exotic for next to nothing and infuse without it costing masterwork cores.

This is what I'd recommend to everyone: infuse your non-raid stuff with collections exotics up to 730 for free-ish. Infuse to 750 only your workhorse Raid/Heroic Menagerie/Iron Banner gear. Save the rest of your mats accordingly.

I shard 99% of my Prime Engram drops. That said I do still do some activities on my Titan as I am missing the last two most recent exotic weapons for that class.

Last edited:

danlher

Nov 1, 2017

Nope, I'm focused on triumphs now, because I like numbers to go up :B

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
last triumph done today

unknown.png

emote secured.

unknown.png

I guess it paid to have an endless stack of resources. Still sitting at 6,000 legendary shards or so even after buying every statue on a 5% discount lol. Planetary materials are low in some areas, but it's not like they won't come back in stock for shards again soon at Spider so what was really lost other than the time I needed to farm more Tangled Shroe mats.

The only Tribute that was a real slog was Crucible. 3%-4% per match, and a couple of matches I forgot to put my calus armor on so I was getting 1%.

40 matches is a lot, but I didn't need to do it in 3 days like I did so can't complain about that really. I had fun in most of those matches, though. A few more gold medals to my emblem never hurts morale and a completed Juju masterwork.

Shadow title unlocked on reset day and I just have 10 strikes or so and I'll have done everything I can do for the Solstice Seal. Progress has been good.

Status
Not open for further replies.