• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
last triumph done today

unknown.png

emote secured.

unknown.png

I guess it paid to have an endless stack of resources. Still sitting at 6,000 legendary shards or so even after buying every statue on a 5% discount lol. Planetary materials are low in some areas, but it's not like they won't come back in stock for shards again soon at Spider so what was really lost other than the time I needed to farm more Tangled Shroe mats.

The only Tribute that was a real slog was Crucible. 3%-4% per match, and a couple of matches I forgot to put my calus armor on so I was getting 1%.

40 matches is a lot, but I didn't need to do it in 3 days like I did so can't complain about that really. I had fun in most of those matches, though. A few more gold medals to my emblem never hurts morale and a completed Juju masterwork.

Shadow title unlocked on reset day and I just have 10 strikes or so and I'll have done everything I can do for the Solstice Seal. Progress has been good.
Lol, almost as fast as my glitch.

GG mate.

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
last triumph done today

unknown.png

emote secured.

unknown.png

I guess it paid to have an endless stack of resources. Still sitting at 6,000 legendary shards or so even after buying every statue on a 5% discount lol. Planetary materials are low in some areas, but it's not like they won't come back in stock for shards again soon at Spider so what was really lost other than the time I needed to farm more Tangled Shroe mats.

The only Tribute that was a real slog was Crucible. 3%-4% per match, and a couple of matches I forgot to put my calus armor on so I was getting 1%.

40 matches is a lot, but I didn't need to do it in 3 days like I did so can't complain about that really. I had fun in most of those matches, though. A few more gold medals to my emblem never hurts morale and a completed Juju masterwork.

Shadow title unlocked on reset day and I just have 10 strikes or so and I'll have done everything I can do for the Solstice Seal. Progress has been good.

Do you mind me asking how the raid triumphs go? How many runs of each raid did you need to do to complete those triumphs if you remember?

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Hey Destiny Era, it's been a while. I was a pretty hardcore Destiny player on PS4 until I wrapped up Forsaken and got through the interminable slog of getting all three of my characters up to 600. Have both platinums. Raids. Nightfalls. Whisper masterworked and it's ship. You know how it is. I briefly tried out Black Forge, but when I realized in those early days that progression was pretty much impossible without further leveling, I dropped the game. Hard. Skipped seasons 5 and 6 entirely.

But then Opulence dropped, and I figured it was time I jumped back in. Convinced a good friend of mine, who like me has thousands of hours across both games, and like me dropped out after Forsaken, to return as well. We're both at 750 now (him on his Titan, me on all three of my characters). And we're hungry for the Outbreak Prime. We've seen the vids and the strats. We're aching to get the gun.

But we need a third. Could be a sherpa doing it for fun and kindness. Could be someone like me that wants to do it all. Get the gun. Get the catalyst. Do the singe puzzles, and secure the ship and the masterworked catalyst within three weeks. I did it with Whisper. I'm ready to do it again in Zero Hour. My buddy's playtime is a lot more limited than mine. So if you have flexibility in your gaming schedule, that's a bonus.

Any takers?
My PSN is the same as my nick here (Mejilan). Feel free to ping me here, or add me via PSN and drop me a line there. It's all good.

Last edited:

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Hey Destiny Era, it's been a while. I was a pretty hardcore player until I wrapped up Forsaken and got through the interminable slog of getting all three of my characters up to 600. Raids. Nightfalls. Whisper masterworked and it's ship. You know how it is. I briefly tried out Black Forge, but when I realized in those early days that progression was pretty much impossible without further leveling, I dropped the game. Hard. Skipped seasons 5 and 6 entirely.

But then Opulence dropped, and I figured it was time I jumped back in. Convinced a good friend of mine, who like me has thousands of hours across both games, and like me dropped out after Forsaken, to return as well. We're both at 750 now (him on his Titan, me on all three of my characters). And we're hungry for the Outbreak Prime. We've seen the vids and the strats. We're aching to get the gun.

But we need a third. Could be a sherpa doing it for fun and kindness. Could be someone like me that wants to do it all. Get the gun. Get the catalyst. Do the singe puzzles, and secure the ship and the masterworked catalyst within three weeks. I did it with Whisper. I'm ready to do it again in Zero Hour. My buddy's playtime is a lot more limited than mine. So if you have flexibility in your gaming schedule, that's a bonus.

Any takers?
My PSN is the same as my nick here (Mejilan). Feel free to ping me here, or add me via PSN and drop me a line there. It's all good.
Damn, I was with you all the way until you said PSN... looking for a the catalyst and ship myself on PC

(so anyone reading, the above but PC... I'm up for it! - can run the base ZH too if you need to weapon).

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, I was with you all the way until you said PSN... looking for a the catalyst and ship myself on PC

(so anyone reading, the above but PC... I'm up for it! - can run the base ZH too if you need to weapon).

Ah, I'm sorry. That's a good point. I've modified my post to make it more clear from the get-go that we're on Playstation.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, I'm sorry. That's a good point. I've modified my post to make it more clear from the get-go that we're on Playstation.
Ha, good idea.

I know some people working on it, but no one who really wants to focus and work until we get it all, so I was pretty stoked until I saw that...

Good luck with your runs.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Ha, good idea.

I know some people working on it, but no one who really wants to focus and work until we get it all, so I was pretty stoked until I saw that...

Good luck with your runs.

I am sorry.
Moving to PC was tempting. But I wanted to "transfer" my characters over and get that "veteran" status.
Ultimately meaningless, but I'm committed now.
Good luck to you as well.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I am sorry.
Moving to PC was tempting. But I wanted to "transfer" my characters over and get that "veteran" status.
Ultimately meaningless, but I'm committed now.
Good luck to you as well.

ha, no problem. I'll get it eventually.

And when they introduce cross saves it won't be a problem. I have a ps4 account with a bunch of cool stuff on it, but it;s faaaar behind now. I'll be tempted to bring it through when they bring that update though.

Nimurai

Oct 28, 2017
Hey Destiny Era, it's been a while. I was a pretty hardcore Destiny player on PS4 until I wrapped up Forsaken and got through the interminable slog of getting all three of my characters up to 600. Have both platinums. Raids. Nightfalls. Whisper masterworked and it's ship. You know how it is. I briefly tried out Black Forge, but when I realized in those early days that progression was pretty much impossible without further leveling, I dropped the game. Hard. Skipped seasons 5 and 6 entirely.

Any takers?
I might be in for at least some of it depending on what time you play. I haven't done it yet, and i think i would need to finish the rat king quest first(you do need it right?) as i never got around to it in vanilla. Otherwise im kinda in the same situation as you, lapsed player that got back into it like 2 months ago or so. VERY back into it.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I might be in for at least some of it depending on what time you play. I haven't done it yet, and i think i would need to finish the rat king quest first(you do need it right?) as i never got around to it in vanilla. Otherwise im kinda in the same situation as you, lapsed player that got back into it like 2 months ago or so. VERY back into it.
I have prime and no rat king. I don't think that matters.

HarlanRyudo

Oct 25, 2017

Any takers?

We've got people doing daily sherpa runs for OP on the Discord channel.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
We've got people doing daily sherpa runs for OP on the Discord channel.

I haven't loaded up Discord since I "quit" Destiny. I'll start checking in. Thank you.

I'm on Eastern Time in the US. My friend is on the West Coast, same continent. I'm available any evening, most of the day on weekends, and work from home Tuesdays and Thursdays, so if I'm not too busy, can sneak in some daytime hours on those days.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
Of fucking course I had a bit of time Tuesday night, so played a bit and right before quitting out, returned to the hall... and placed my first totem.

I haven't played since and haven't really eyeballed anything, but I prolly will just end up not burning through all of my mats to unlock a catalyst for a gun I likely will never use.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
1KV GET YOU FUCKING SCHMUCKS
GAME UNINSTALLED
I BEAT DESTINY
IT'S OVER

Congrats, nice seeing ya bro!

Come visit the clan and Dera discords and we'll try to get you runs bruh.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Do you mind me asking how the raid triumphs go? How many runs of each raid did you need to do to complete those triumphs if you remember?
You mean the raid weekly bounties? One try on each. They're pretty easy.

The flawless raid took a few tries because we did it when the glitch was still in the game, but that has been fixed so it should be very easy to complete. Was there anything else raid-related?

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Keep it up. You're relatively close since it doesn't take that long to get a reset as long as you play a lot of Crucible.
Gun is pretty trash too. I pulled it out to test out a "god-ish" roll I had, with ricochet rounds and stability MW...nope, still trash. Bygones is leagues ahead.

It's so slow to pull up to firing position, beyond whatever the actual gun does. That means you cant really use it in the all important mid to short ranges that are the whole reason pulses are good. Bygones is at least decent at almost any range.

Plus the perk is basically not even as good as Cill Klip anyway. It's "kinda like" cill klip (I want to call it cill klip) , but also makes the gun bounce around a lot more when active as a negative side effect.
Most of this I don't agree with. It's less forgiving than a 390 pulse but has a much higher ceiling. Desperado will kill more quickly than even a pre-nerf Luna or NF and it's ADS speed is no worse than Blast Furnace. The perk is far better than kill clip and the bounce is not really an issue on the PC. That's not to say it's an easy gun to use and especially in the current meta and with the current maps that favor 1 shot special weapon kills. But that's more of an issue with the entire Crucible than with just Redrix.

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
You mean the raid weekly bounties? One try on each. They're pretty easy.

The flawless raid took a few tries because we did it when the glitch was still in the game, but that has been fixed so it should be very easy to complete. Was there anything else raid-related?
No sorry i meant the tribute hall raid triumphs - defeating raid encounters with opulance gear. Does that require bosses and mini encounters completions while wearing the gear? How many runs through does it require if you remember? Cheers.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
No sorry i meant the tribute hall raid triumphs - defeating raid encounters with opulance gear. Does that require bosses and mini encounters completions while wearing the gear? How many runs through does it require if you remember? Cheers.
I believe it does, but I'm not sure. I already had that one from running the raid in the past. That one had naturally completed for me before the tribute hall was added to the game.

BUT based on my experience with Last Wish, I'm going to assume that if you put on a few pieces of Raid gear you'll probably get 25% per encounter. I would guess that one clear in full or near-full raid gear would complete that triumph. If you do the raid on 2 characters with less gear, it will definitely be done.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
So do Weekly Missions have a chance to drop exotics? Or do you get a guaranteed exotic when you do your first ascendant challenge?

Because I just finished my first ascendant challenge in the dreaming City and I got the Crown of Tempest when I turned it in.

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
So do Weekly Missions have a chance to drop exotics? Or do you get a guaranteed exotic when you do your first ascendant challenge?

Because I just finished my first ascendant challenge in the dreaming City and I got the Crown of Tempest when I turned it in.
Any activity/enemy can drop an exotic.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Keep it up. You're relatively close since it doesn't take that long to get a reset as long as you play a lot of Crucible.

Most of this I don't agree with. It's less forgiving than a 390 pulse but has a much higher ceiling. Desperado will kill more quickly than even a pre-nerf Luna or NF and it's ADS speed is no worse than Blast Furnace. The perk is far better than kill clip and the bounce is not really an issue on the PC. That's not to say it's an easy gun to use and especially in the current meta and with the current maps that favor 1 shot special weapon kills. But that's more of an issue with the entire Crucible than with just Redrix.

Some of this may be PC vs console.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017

My PSN is Mejilan in case you want to team up and attempt it.

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
Juju has overtaken Halleberry as the king of killing ads. They are practically the same except Juju can also fack shat up from long range and it also gives super energy.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
T3 Reckoning was the worst tonight. Maybe I age myself too much hope because all four attempts went well all the way through the bridge.

Then the Knights came, with Blackout, Hermits were Taken Captains, exploding thralls everywhere. I hate you Bungie.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Any time you get a exotic it is taking the place of the Prime or Powerful engram reward. They are not guaranteed from any activity except exotic quests.

M3Rocket

May 18, 2019

Any takers?

I responded on the discord earlier to your buddy Bloodwall a couple of times, but he never responded. If you want to run it now, I can jump on and get you guys through the mission. PSN is same as here.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
1.37 k/d (not efficiency) my last 25 QP matches...gotta be a record.

I'm so tired of playing for KD though, I got some weird obsession with getting back to 1.0 k/d, and I was 230 some kills short. So I ground it out. It's totally pointless. Now I'll go back into comp and different loadouts.

My last match did work with last perdition. Why was I saying the guns sights are messed up? Disregard 80% of what I say about pulse rifles.

My current thinking: Bygones is great, Last Perdition is great, Blast Furnace is great. You always need the right rolls though.

Status
Not open for further replies.