• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FacesAndAces

Chicken Chaser
Avenger
Dec 9, 2017
Man, the mountaintop quest has broken me. 9 more double kills, and another 40 calculated trajectories. I just don't want to any more.

ThatOneGuy831

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Bad Juju got! Loving the gun so far. Getting the catalyst and all the MOT is gonna be difficult considering I haven't done any of the raids lol. I came back to Destiny at a good time

lazerfox

Oct 26, 2017
Switzerland
How many competitive wins does it roughly take to get Recluse? I'm pondering if it's worth it to grind for before the inevitable nerf in september.

lazerfox

Oct 26, 2017
Switzerland

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Shadow acquired. Yeet
Congratulations 🎊

th

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
I responded on the discord earlier to your buddy Bloodwall a couple of times, but he never responded. If you want to run it now, I can jump on and get you guys through the mission. PSN is same as here.

Thanks again for reaching out and making the effort. I don't really consider that first attempt a legit attempt since I was experiencing issues with DIM and that wasted a ton of time. But getting the OP after, let's say, 2.5 attempts? Definitely a smoother experience than Whisper, back in the day. Had a blast, and the gun is awesome.

I let Bloodwall know that you're available to help him out. But he's likely asleep. Hopefully, we can coordinate something soon.
And hopefully get that catalyst, too!

Again, thank you so much!

F-Pina

Nerd Monkeys
Verified
Nov 3, 2017
Lisbon
Man I'm tilted/pissed all the way the fuck off. Just lost a 4 game winning streak in comp that was about to be 5 and all of a sudden and can no longer spawn in and am forced to watch my teammates...? This game is garbage
Happened to me yesterday for the first time ever. Comp match, we were winning 2-0
I tried a lot of things. Eventually the team won me a bounty from Shax, I went to pursuits, unlocked it and... I respawned! By that time it was 2-2 and we ended up losing.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Man I'm tilted/pissed all the way the fuck off. Just lost a 4 game winning streak in comp that was about to be 5 and all of a sudden and can no longer spawn in and am forced to watch my teammates...? This game is garbage
My personal favourite thing, the one that convinced me never ever ever to play PvP even if they put a literal win button as a pinnacle weapon, was in a Countdown match.

At the end of the first round, I was dead and the enemy had planted the charge but we managed to kill all of them. ALL THREE of them hovered around the charge and just.... didn't defuse it. One guy came up to me and STARTED to revive me. but didn't. and we lost the round.

We lost the match 5-4. (or 6-5, whatever. We were one round away from winning and they were 3 rounds away and they still brought it back)

And boy if this is the level of mentally challenged people I can expect to find in one of the worst PvP experiences ever then no thanks.

azfaru

Dec 1, 2017
Fuck am I weird to not want to do the tribute cheese method? Haven't done any of the quest yet but kinda feel that I'm sucking out all the fun from the sweet sweet grind

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Fuck am I weird to not want to do the tribute cheese method? Haven't done any of the quest yet but kinda feel that I'm sucking out all the fun from the sweet sweet grind
Lol, you're not weird.

I like you in this regard, instant gratification is not rewarding to me. The tribute hall is meant to be a season-long grind, not one and done in 3 days.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
There is a workaround for this. Go into your "Pursuits" tab and go back out and you should respawn again.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
Almost nothing would have wiped me out. :p

I'm happy I avoided the grind, I have plenty more to work on and I get to use MW Juju. I only just unlocked Loaded Question, lol.
There are only 30 tributes you need to purchase, at 80% discount you can easily afford them with the resources you saved in the weeks prior.

FNqaxjB.png

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I have 90 shards, I have so many exotics to get so xur, MW... I'm always low. Another place to spend that avoided felt great to me, plus I kept my bright dust (I only have 3.5k).

This part of the grind felt great to skip, I'm glad I don't have to think about it.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's messed up how now infusion cores are my most plentiful resource.

We trolled, Bungo, well played.

No Idea

Mar 18, 2019
There is a workaround for this. Go into your "Pursuits" tab and go back out and you should respawn again.

It's ridiculous that we have to find a workaround to able to do something as simple as respawn. Idk wth kind of engine this game runs on but it seems like every time they fix something, they break something else. Game seriously needs a massive overhaul, which isn't gonna happen.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
My current thinking: Bygones is great, Last Perdition is great, Blast Furnace is great. You always need the right rolls though.
I concur. Pulse's are strong and have been for a while. I think the 390's benefit a little more from rampage/killclip over an aggressive frame like Blast Furnace but either way they are upper tier options for mid and long ranges.
I was right the first time, Suros pulses suck.
Wait, what? I may not care much for Last Perdition but I stand by my Black Armory Swift Ride XE8375. Outlaw/Rampage with the SPO-57 Front Medium Zoom that highlights enemies (I actually find scopes that highlight to be really beneficial in the chaos that can be Crucible) and a stability MW. I find it to be very effective in both PVE and PVP.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got Shadow last night with a solid crew (we all started from zero together). Feels quite good.

On another note, my vault is down to 20 spots again. Menage loot is taking up so much space.

Nov 14, 2017
For you long term Destiny 2 players - do y'all still care about getting powerful drops every reset? You still do weeklies and dailies?
I have all my stuff up to 750 already and there's nothing I want that can drop from that pool of gear. Almost all the cool stuff doesn't drop from there but from doing activities.
No. I will still knock out a milestone or two if I'm bored and I want the exotic chance, cos I'm missing one exotic on hunter and warlock. Other than that they don't mean anything. Also, Menagerie means I can get a 750 drop for any slot whenever, so I'm keeping less 750 trash 'just in case'.
Hey Destiny Era, it's been a while. I was a pretty hardcore Destiny player on PS4 until I wrapped up Forsaken and got through the interminable slog of getting all three of my characters up to 600. Have both platinums. Raids. Nightfalls. Whisper masterworked and it's ship. You know how it is. I briefly tried out Black Forge, but when I realized in those early days that progression was pretty much impossible without further leveling, I dropped the game. Hard. Skipped seasons 5 and 6 entirely.

But then Opulence dropped, and I figured it was time I jumped back in. Convinced a good friend of mine, who like me has thousands of hours across both games, and like me dropped out after Forsaken, to return as well. We're both at 750 now (him on his Titan, me on all three of my characters). And we're hungry for the Outbreak Prime. We've seen the vids and the strats. We're aching to get the gun.

But we need a third. Could be a sherpa doing it for fun and kindness. Could be someone like me that wants to do it all. Get the gun. Get the catalyst. Do the singe puzzles, and secure the ship and the masterworked catalyst within three weeks. I did it with Whisper. I'm ready to do it again in Zero Hour. My buddy's playtime is a lot more limited than mine. So if you have flexibility in your gaming schedule, that's a bonus.

Any takers?
My PSN is the same as my nick here (Mejilan). Feel free to ping me here, or add me via PSN and drop me a line there. It's all good.
Gutz on Discord is our Zero Hour Sherpa carry for PS4. I always see him posting in LFG asking if anyone needs help with that!
How well does that work? I actually have that exotic...
Colony is a very good weapon. Nobody expects the robotic explody spiders!

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
On another note, my vault is down to 20 spots again. Menage loot is taking up so much space.
I need to be more aggressive with this. I deleted a bunch of stuff at the start of the season but it's crept back up again as I tend to keep more than I need for infusion purposes. But then I end up using pretty much the same stuff all season which stays on my character and not in the bank so what good is all that stuff in the bank?

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
There are only 30 tributes you need to purchase, at 80% discount you can easily afford them with the resources you saved in the weeks prior.

FNqaxjB.png
It feels weird that I looked at this and was like, "that's all I spent? felt like I spent more."

I think because I had to spend an extra 45 minutes or so farming mats on the Tangled Shore because I ran out of glimmer and Spider was only selling glimmer for those mats that day. Sometimes I forget how many resources I have. Other people's character screenshots where they have shard counts in the hundreds and little to no bright dust definitely add context. After buying all of those tributes I still had something like 6,000 legendary shards, 100k+ bright dust left, and about 200 of each planetary material left. If the goal was to separate me from some resources, it really didn't work.

Anyway, whether you start early or later, I can definitely say the Juju catalyst will be worth everyone's time. The increase super regen speed makes Juju absolutely amazing if super casting is at all important to what you're doing. Plus, the increased time on String of Curses means you get to keep that +100% damage increase more or less permanently. You can generally laugh at Forges, Reckoning, Blind Well. These were already not difficult of course, but now you can clear them while casting multiple supers and using virtually no ammo. Doing whole Forges and Blind Wells and never reloading is a weird experience.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry if this was already established in the thread, but is the tribute stuff a limited time event or is it permanent?

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I need to be more aggressive with this. I deleted a bunch of stuff at the start of the season but it's crept back up again as I tend to keep more than I need for infusion purposes. But then I end up using pretty much the same stuff all season which stays on my character and not in the bank so what good is all that stuff in the bank?

I like to save interesting rolls and different armor pieces with scavenger/reserve perks. Unfortunately, it creeps up really fast. I'd definitely pay 10 bucks for triple the vault space.

It feels weird that I looked at this and was like, "that's all I spent? felt like I spent more."

I think because I had to spend an extra 45 minutes or so farming mats on the Tangled Shore because I ran out of glimmer and Spider was only selling glimmer for those mats that day. Sometimes I forget how many resources I have. Other people's character screenshots where they have shard counts in the hundreds and little to no bright dust definitely add context. After buying all of those tributes I still had something like 6,000 legendary shards, 100k+ bright dust left, and about 200 of each planetary material left. If the goal was to separate me from some resources, it really didn't work.

Anyway, whether you start early or later, I can definitely say the Juju catalyst will be worth everyone's time. The increase super regen speed makes Juju absolutely amazing if super casting is at all important to what you're doing. Plus, the increased time on String of Curses means you get to keep that +100% damage increase more or less permanently. You can generally laugh at Forges, Reckoning, Blind Well. These were already not difficult of course, but now you can clear them while casting multiple supers and using virtually no ammo. Doing whole Forges and Blind Wells and never reloading is a weird experience.

There is no way I am blowing 15k dust when in a few weeks it will be 2k haha. Catalyst can wait for sure.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Moments of Triumph ends August 27

Solstice of Heroes starts at the end of the month and has a couple triumphs required for the Moments of Triumph as well

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I like to save interesting rolls and different armor pieces with scavenger/reserve perks. Unfortunately, it creeps up really fast. I'd definitely pay 10 bucks for triple the vault space.
I'm having this same problem.

I've deleted some items that others are out here doing dozens of runs farming for just trying to make space (which makes me regret having deleted things, increasing my future paralysis of analysis). Even after my last round of Austringer deletions, I still have like 12 of them, all perfect in their own way. 5 or 6 unique Beloved's. Several Drangs to sort out of all kinds of interesting combinations. The same is true for all of the Menagerie weapons. Several of each of the Reckoning weapons, ranging from good to great rolls. And so on. Some I kept out of the hope that Subsistence would get a buff. Some because "you never know" when an archetype will get a buff that will make a good roll a must-have.

With how much roll systems are changing for Year 3, I'll feel much more aggressive about deleting items, especially Year 1's which are still hanging around in some abundance. But boy do I hate deleting things that are unique and cannot be acquired again (Y1 stuff) or might take months to farm another of with similar rolls (Y2 stuff).

As long as I don't get penalized for not doing everything in a week lol
Nah there's no rush.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm having this same problem.

I've deleted some items others are out here doing dozens of runs farming for just trying to make space (which makes me regret having deleted things, increasing my future paralysis of analysis). Even after my last round of Austringer deletions, I still have like 12 of them, all perfect in their own way. 5 or 6 unique Beloved's. Several Drangs to sort out of all kinds of interesting combinations. Several of each of the Reckoning weapons, ranging from good to great rolls. Some I kept out of the hope that Subsistence would get a buff. Some because "you never know" when an archetype will get a buff that will make a good roll a must-have.

With how much roll systems are changing for Year 3, I'll feel much more aggressive about deleting items, especially Year 1's which are still hanging around in some abundance. But boy do I hate deleting things that are unique and cannot be acquired again (Y1 stuff) or might take months to farm another of with similar rolls (Y2 stuff).

Yes, "you never know" has saved me so much headaches over the years. For instance, who would have expected spike grenade launchers to become DPS beasts? Chances are, my vault can now cover whatever meta shift happens. Now armor will be much easier to dismantle once we know the changes for Fall.

I don't like feeling I have to log in every day to chores. I generally play in bursts.

I understand and that's why it's not a temporary thing - tribute hall will always be there to work on.

Status
Not open for further replies.