• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 29, 2017
I need to be more aggressive with this. I deleted a bunch of stuff at the start of the season but it's crept back up again as I tend to keep more than I need for infusion purposes. But then I end up using pretty much the same stuff all season which stays on my character and not in the bank so what good is all that stuff in the bank?

Yeah, my vault is packed. I have 1-3 versions of so many weapons because I'm paranoid about deleting good rolls lol. Even if I don't use them right now, who's to say I won't later??? ...I could use the shards though...

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The new armour mod system looks like it'll help a lot. I'll most likely delete most of my old armour and fill up my vault with perk mods that I want, which should be a significant net saving.

Yes, I am looking forward to a comprehensive blog explaining what we should do before launch.

weapons are changing as well, right? Or did I misread.

Not that I heard of, but we'll see soon enough.

Dec 2, 2017
Damn, have any of you been following this Luckyy & Bannedwipe thing?

They were streamers/youtubers together for years, had a decent size channel as Destiny goes (100k+ on YT), they were really good at the game. Then out of the blue they split up, Luckyy said Banned wanted to move on with his life, do something else, best of luck, real sad, tears etc. Banned is nowhere to be seen so seems legit.

Fast forward a couple of months. They were with Team Next Level, Luckyy figures since the contract was for the two of them it's void now & tries to get out of it.

Suddenly he's posting from a U-Haul with all his worldly possessions on the verge of tears saying he's being sued by TNL for breach of contract:

TNL boss rages on Twitter and comes off as an epic ass. Community is supportive, Cammy & MTashed posting legal advice & words of support etc.

Except then BW comes with 24 minutes of nuclear truth bombs:

Basically paints Luckyy as a total scumbag who stole everything they built, manipulated contracts behind his back, lied, threatened people, took advantage of his friend he was living rent free with, forced BW to stay off all social media for a month in exchange for payment, then welched on it over false accusations and made "I will destroy your whole life if you challenge this" type legal threats.

I'm sure all three parties aren't being 100 but damn, the whole thing has been wild.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I have been following because who doesn't love spicy drama. Also you forgot to include Lucky & Loripops - sure to help Lucky's case and support

Nov 14, 2017
Damn, have any of you been following this Luckyy & Bannedwipe thing?

They were streamers/youtubers together for years, had a decent size channel as Destiny goes (100k+ on YT), they were really good at the game. Then out of the blue they split up, Luckyy said Banned wanted to move on with his life, do something else, best of luck, real sad, tears etc. Banned is nowhere to be seen so seems legit.

Fast forward a couple of months. They were with Team Next Level, Luckyy figures since the contract was for the two of them it's void now & tries to get out of it.

Suddenly he's posting from a U-Haul with all his worldly possessions on the verge of tears saying he's being sued by TNL for breach of contract:

TNL boss rages on Twitter and comes off as an epic ass. Community is supportive, Cammy & MTashed posting legal advice & words of support etc.

Except then BW comes with 24 minutes of nuclear truth bombs:

Basically paints Luckyy as a total scumbag who stole everything they built, manipulated contracts behind his back, lied, threatened people, took advantage of his friend he was living rent free with, forced BW to stay off all social media for a month in exchange for payment, then welched on it over false accusations and made "I will destroy your whole life if you challenge this" type legal threats.

I'm sure all three parties aren't being 100 but damn, the whole thing has been wild.

That first video is an amazing genre crossover. It's a guy in car / emotional explanation ('hey youtube' 'we need to talk about recent events' 😿) / drama mashup. So good.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
After buying all of those tributes I still had something like 6,000 legendary shards, 100k+ bright dust left, and about 200 of each planetary material left.
Just for comparison I have been playing 1 character hitting most all of my milestones every week (except raids) since December of 2018 and as of this morning I have about 600 Legendary Shards, 1500 Bright Dust and 100 or less of each planetary mat. I did purchase two tributes for Bright Dust and Glimmer the first day or my Bright Dust stack would be a little higher. But yeah, resource starvation would be very real if I wasn't waiting until I maxed out my discounts for those Tributes.

I've deleted some items that others are out here doing dozens of runs farming for just trying to make space (which makes me regret having deleted things, increasing my future paralysis of analysis).
I went through my vault this morning and deleted any weapon that wasn't a great roll or a god roll, keeping a few 750 items just for infusion. I'm sure I lost some interesting rolls but how many Full Auto / Rampage Smuggler
s Word's and Firmly Planted /Explosive Round Dread Venture's do I need? Armor is a whole other thing that I haven't touched yet but I still have over 300 items in the vault. It's a work in progress.

Carbonox

Dec 13, 2017
They still being coy on deleting all the eververse armor sets from the vault? cos fuck me i'd rack up a lot of dust for that too.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Finally checked out the Whisper mission for the first time. Screw that noise lol. Made it to the room where you have to scale the walls on these super small ledges, but I didnt know I had to go up until it was too late.

Oct 28, 2017
Finally checked out the Whisper mission for the first time. Screw that noise lol. Made it to the room where you have to scale the walls on these super small ledges, but I didnt know I had to go up until it was too late.

Soloing it is pretty tough stuff. The platforming becomes a piece of pish once you get the hang of it but the fighting later on is just bonkers.

M3Rocket

May 18, 2019
Thanks again for reaching out and making the effort. I don't really consider that first attempt a legit attempt since I was experiencing issues with DIM and that wasted a ton of time. But getting the OP after, let's say, 2.5 attempts? Definitely a smoother experience than Whisper, back in the day. Had a blast, and the gun is awesome.

I let Bloodwall know that you're available to help him out. But he's likely asleep. Hopefully, we can coordinate something soon.
And hopefully get that catalyst, too!

Again, thank you so much!

You were well equipped and did really well for coming into the mission having only watched videos. Good job!

M3Rocket

May 18, 2019

In that same room there is a short cut that avoids all that.

You only need to scale the green room if you're going after the chests and ship. You can skip it altogether on normal as TheGhost pointed out.

Which platform are you on? If on PS4, feel free to send me a FR. Between GutZ and I, we will get you through the Whisper or Zero Hour missions for the Triumph.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
You were well equipped and did really well for coming into the mission having only watched videos. Good job!

Thanks! Those two seasons I took completely off made me a bit rusty. But I've been playing heavily since Opulence landed to catch myself up, get all three toons to 750, and get that pinnacle Loaded Question fusion rifle (which I love). Wendigo is next. And as I mentioned last night, Zero Hour is not as mechanically difficult as Whisper's mission was. I get that we're like 50-60 light levels above ZH now, which is an advantage we didn't have back then for Whisper. But I'm not talking about just the combat encounters. ZH's jumping puzzles and assorted mechanics are not showstoppers to the extent that Whisper's could be, IMO. So it's easier to go in relatively blind (only so much you can get out of vids), whereas with Whisper, I did a shit-ton of public event waiting on Io just to go into Whisper Normal solo to practice, practice, practice the jumping puzzles before I really went for the gun with a full fireteam.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man I didn't take advantage of the Menagerie chest for imperials...
Is the quickest way to get imperials just
4x Werner Quests
3x Imperial Buff from Werner
5k Chest Tithe on Ship
Infinity Strikes/Crucible/Menagerie final chest to get Imperials

HarlanRyudo

Oct 25, 2017
4x Werner Quests
5k Chest Tithe on Ship

Dont forget you can also get Imperials as rewards when you complete Menagerie Triumphs.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
4x Werner Quests
5k Chest Tithe on Ship

The only options for imperials are

- the buffs (though all this does is increase the chance of a drop)
- menagerie triumphs
- the chests on the ship
- the bounties

if you have the node unlocked to get random imperial drops, you should be farming mayhem right now for imperial drops (and runes i guess)

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Thanks to help from a kind soul from the DEra discord, I managed to get Outbreak Perfected.

This might be the first time since the Huckleberry that a gun made me feel like this

Gammacide

Oct 27, 2017
Last night I get invisible guns in the Crucible. Today I get loading messages where I can emote and switch weapons and such but NOT MOVE. What is going on?? So irritated.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Just for comparison I have been playing 1 character hitting most all of my milestones every week (except raids) since December of 2018 and as of this morning I have about 600 Legendary Shards, 1500 Bright Dust and 100 or less of each planetary mat. I did purchase two tributes for Bright Dust and Glimmer the first day or my Bright Dust stack would be a little higher. But yeah, resource starvation would be very real if I wasn't waiting until I maxed out my discounts for those Tributes.
Sounds like I've been playing too much fuckin Destiny. :-/

I went through my vault this morning and deleted any weapon that wasn't a great roll or a god roll, keeping a few 750 items just for infusion. I'm sure I lost some interesting rolls but how many Full Auto / Rampage Smuggler
s Word's and Firmly Planted /Explosive Round Dread Venture's do I need? Armor is a whole other thing that I haven't touched yet but I still have over 300 items in the vault. It's a work in progress.

And yea...I have like 5 Smuggler's Word's too so I know that feel. That's down from 7 or 8. When differences are so small between rolls, that actually makes it harder instead of easier for me personally to delete something. Like, is a 4th Time's + Rampage Spare Rations better or worse than a 4th Time's + Swash Spare Rations? How much time do I have to play with them to know which is my preference? How do I choose between a perfectly rolled Austringer with Snapshot vs one with Outlaw or Eye of The Storm? Depending on my mood that day, any one can feel a smidge better or worse than the other. Frenzy + Trench Menagerie Shotgun or the Graverobber + Trench one? I can envision very real scenarios where one would be more effective than the other as I can for almost all of these weapons. Should I keep holding onto some of these Subsistence rolls in hopes that they buff the perk? That's like 4 or 5 inventory slots being occupied on *hope* alone.

At some point I'm just going to have to close my eyes and delete some shit for my health. I can spend an hour every week agonizing over the same rolls that I made very few conclusive decisions on the week before. It's bad. I guess I'll probably start with the Year 1's. If I haven't used them in a year, they should probably get the boot even if the roll could never be obtained again (no longer available in a given element). I know that but I just hate that I have to do it.

Oct 29, 2017
Last night I get invisible guns in the Crucible. Today I get loading messages where I can emote and switch weapons and such but NOT MOVE. What is going on?? So irritated.
What platform you on? Those sound like problems with your installation, or perhaps your storage having problems with reading at the necessary speed.

It's happening on all platforms right now, actually a D2 problem. I got invis guns and players on XB1 the other day, and several streamers I was watching yesterday got it as well. I thought the background maintenance yesterday was supposed to address it but I guess it didn't yet.

Oct 28, 2017
It's happening on all platforms right now, actually a D2 problem. I got invis guns and players on XB1 the other day, and several streamers I was watching yesterday got it as well. I thought the background maintenance yesterday was supposed to address it but I guess it didn't yet.

Weird stuff. I haven't seen anything like this so I guess I've been lucky.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Austringer with Snapshot vs one with Outlaw or Eye of The Storm
I can help you on this one at least. I've used a Snapshot / Zen Moment and an Eye of the Storm / Demolitionist pretty extensively (both also had Drop Mag so reload was the same) and I prefer the Eye of the Storm version. Handling wise Austringer is already pretty decent (and can be rather good depending on the barrel perk) so Snapshot really didn't improve it as much as I thought it would. Eye of the Storm, however, is pretty elite at making the gun feel incredibly sticky as health drops.

I've used that Eye of the Storm / Demo Austringer almost exclusively in PVP and PVE this past week and I think it's one of the best overall Legendary primaries I have yet used in D2 and definitely my favorite Legendary hand cannon. I like it that much.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
You only need to scale the green room if you're going after the chests and ship. You can skip it altogether on normal as TheGhost pointed out.

Which platform are you on? If on PS4, feel free to send me a FR. Between GutZ and I, we will get you through the Whisper or Zero Hour missions for the Triumph.
Are you on now by any chance? I can get back on if your interested in helping me out with the Zero Hour mission!
PSN: Squadon

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What the hell is up with this game? Second day in a row I'm playing competitive and randomly in between rounds it decides to make me spectate so my team is outnumbered and I catch an L. Such bullshit

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The only options for imperials are

- the buffs (though all this does is increase the chance of a drop)
- menagerie triumphs
- the chests on the ship
- the bounties

if you have the node unlocked to get random imperial drops, you should be farming mayhem right now for imperial drops (and runes i guess)
Yeah, first node I got was random imperial drops. Mayhem is the way to go since it's the quickest completion?

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
I can help you on this one at least. I've used a Snapshot / Zen Moment and an Eye of the Storm / Demolitionist pretty extensively (both also had Drop Mag so reload was the same) and I prefer the Eye of the Storm version. Handling wise Austringer is already pretty decent (and can be rather good depending on the barrel perk) so Snapshot really didn't improve it as much as I thought it would. Eye of the Storm, however, is pretty elite at making the gun feel incredibly sticky as health drops.

I've used that Eye of the Storm / Demo Austringer almost exclusively in PVP and PVE this past week and I think it's one of the best overall Legendary primaries I have yet used in D2 and definitely my favorite Legendary hand cannon. I like it that much.

Hm, guess I'll have to try Eye of the Storm out. I think I have a couple I haven't sharded that have it, which means they must have at least one of the requisite range perks. I've been using a Snapshot/Zen Moment one with the range really pushed up and it feels great.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, first node I got was random imperial drops. Mayhem is the way to go since it's the quickest completion?

yes. mayhem matches go very quick. the next fastest thing to do is speedrunning lake of shadows. but do you really want to run strikes over and over? at least mayhem is relatively more fun

Status
Not open for further replies.