• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Some stats to back me up. Xbox

jY4M5Dw.png

PC

1moVoZf.png

PC has HC's 6 of the top 10 kinetic slots, and then energy is just whatever OHK special you run with your HC. Very vapid meta. This is why some YouTube was whining about Revoker being Kinetic. You cant give up your win button HC's in those kinetic slot on PC's. Sure pulses make an appearance at 3, 5, and 10, but I'd like to see the %. My guess is it's like Ace, 50%, TLW 30%, Blast furnace 3%, Revoker 2%, Bygones 1%, so on.

Now on Xbox we actually have a pulse number 1 in Kinetic which is fantastic to see and I dont believe I've ever seen before. Sure, you cant use them in high comp only hand cannons are powerful enough, but at least you can use them in Qp and low comp on Xbox, it's better than nothing. Now my guess is Lunas in the Energy slot is by far more used than Bygones, but again we're taking small victories here. The secondaries are a better and more varied assortment, spread out across both kinetic and energy. Much superior meta>>>PC.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Been playing some PC in prep, just my level 100 guy with green and blue weapons. With Xbox controller cause I'd be really bad with mouse.

Basically, hand cannons are even far more oppressively OP on PC. Seriously no other primary weapon need even bother existing. The massive range, precision with zero skill and massive hitboxes, flinch, and ttk's they deal are so overtuned. You have no chance, none, with any other weapon type. None. Every other weapon archetype would need massive buffs to compete, the slow feebleness with which scouts or AR's kill is quite sad. The fact Bungie allows this to exist is even sadder.

Supers. If you took away Fist the next OP super would be sentinel. Titans have the two best and hunters dont even make the top 5. Next would be stormcaller, then some combination of dawnblade and any of the fire hammer supers. Roaming supers are massively annoying and frequent. Not exactly breaking news there. With hunters it's more like "we know you like hunters, so deal with these shitty supers." from Bungo.

When you get to that middle part of the match or even far worse get backifilled into a stomping already there, and you just get spawn camped with heavy and roaming supers that last so long they often kill you twice, you cant outrun or shoot, it's pretty bad. Where the hell even is Bungo?

Why do people keep whinging on the superior PC FOV? At default I dont even notice anything. Am i supposed to turn it up from the default of 85 to get this benefit?

60 FPS ehh, dont notice.

Overall the console PVP is definitely the superior experience. Hand Cannons less oppressive. You dont have to worry about aimbots.

You can do well with any primary on PC so that is just complete nonsense as usual.

But then you can't see the glaring difference in FoV... so it's pretty clear your perception is completely off all round.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Been playing some PC in prep, just my level 100 guy with green and blue weapons. With Xbox controller cause I'd be really bad with mouse.

Basically, hand cannons are even far more oppressively OP on PC. Seriously no other primary weapon need even bother existing. The massive range, precision with zero skill and massive hitboxes, flinch, and ttk's they deal are so overtuned. You have no chance, none, with any other weapon type. None. Every other weapon archetype would need massive buffs to compete, the slow feebleness with which scouts or AR's kill is quite sad. The fact Bungie allows this to exist is even sadder.

Supers. If you took away Fist the next OP super would be sentinel. Titans have the two best and hunters dont even make the top 5. Next would be stormcaller, then some combination of dawnblade and any of the fire hammer supers. Roaming supers are massively annoying and frequent. Not exactly breaking news there. With hunters it's more like "we know you like hunters, so deal with these shitty supers." from Bungo.

When you get to that middle part of the match or even far worse get backifilled into a stomping already there, and you just get spawn camped with heavy and roaming supers that last so long they often kill you twice, you cant outrun or shoot, it's pretty bad. Where the hell even is Bungo?

Why do people keep whinging on the superior PC FOV? At default I dont even notice anything. Am i supposed to turn it up from the default of 85 to get this benefit?

60 FPS ehh, dont notice.

Overall the console PVP is definitely the superior experience. Hand Cannons less oppressive. You dont have to worry about aimbots.
Wtf is this post

Oct 28, 2017
I keep writing responses to Shark's sharkposting but I end up deleting them because there's really no point trying to reason with him.

coma

Oct 28, 2017
Competitive just straight up sucks. I've been trying for 3 seasons to get the Luna's (which is nerfed, so the chase is no longer a big deal any more). No to mention the recluse and mountain top. I always get up to around 1700, and then it just down trends. It's always the same 4 to 5 dozen people on rotation, many of them who group up or in clans.
Damn, I can't imagine trying that long. I went from 1400 to 700 over the course of the weekend and I'm out. I wouldn't even mind, but the game being such unbalanced broken nonsense and the awful matchmaking make it pointless and nowhere near being a fun experience. Oh well.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Well that was another weird PC match. Felt sure I was gonna get a we ran and be pissed it wasn't on my console. Anyways ended up with 41 opponents defeated which is as high as I can remember, it's those youtuber numbers. The opposition was just cattle. I never but ever get lobbies that easy on console. People who can barely hit golden gun shots right in front of you or who think hovering in the air with the warlock is a strategy.

Maybe these are all free2play noobs on PC? Maybe Bungie matchmaking finally wants to let me live on PC?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Well that was another weird PC match. Felt sure I was gonna get a we ran and be pissed it wasn't on my console. Anyways ended up with 41 opponents defeated which is as high as I can remember, it's those youtuber numbers. The opposition was just cattle. I never but ever get lobbies that easy on console. People who can barely hit golden gun shots right in front of you or who think hovering in the air with the warlock is a strategy.

Maybe these are all free2play noobs on PC? Maybe Bungie matchmaking finally wants to let me live on PC?
Your weird humble brags are so weird, especially when paired with your posts that show your complete incompetence.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
So for the Crucible badge under Collections, I'm missing one item I have the complete armor set, but there is one blank box that I do not have filled. It's after the Warlock band and right before all of the weapons get listed. Would that be the Ghost Shaxx is offering?

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
God damn it I forgot to farm for mindbenders this week

Do the nightfalls completely change week to week? Or is there a chance hallowed lair stays in the rotation

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If i remember correctly (got Wayfarer last year) you dont need the flashpoint for Mars and Mercury, you can acces the Heroic Missions at any time. You only need the flashpoint for the Red War planets (EDZ, Titan, IO and Nessus).
For Heroic Adventures on EDZ can you play more than 1 a day? Trying to finish Wayfarer this week (5x EDZ Heroic Adventures are all I have left) but I leave for vacation on Friday evening after work. :(

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I solo'd to 1700, fell to 1600... then decided to make a push for it that night and grouped so I could get it the hell out of the way.

I fall to pieces under pressure in pvp. Give me a "get two precision kills without dying" bounty and my arms turn to noodles. Looking forward to getting back into comp with no pressure.

Deleted member 58508

Banned
Jul 12, 2019
What time of day does the fun start? Decided to give the game another chance before Shadowkeep and figured I'd see how doable hitting fabled would be. "Un-fun" is putting it politely.
Early in the day seems not so bad. It's definitely a lot more fun than Quickplay.
I feel the same way about PvP, but then people said its the integral part of the game and I should shut up and accept it or don't do the Solstice quest.
I don't know why but this cracked me up lol

60 FPS ehh, dont notice.

Agree with you for the most part about the Hunters (Way of the Outlaw is cool though). As far as the FoV goes, load up a private match, play with the FoV and tell me being able to see more of the game isn't better. Console FoV is 75 I think...switch it between that and 95 and tell me you don't see a huge difference.

Dec 2, 2017
Wow... just wow....

Even post nerf to be reading this...

My issues with it are that fusion rifles are balanced around requiring bolt control and at least some aim, and having range limitations (people can complain about Erentil but it's not one-shotting an invader from across a Gambit map). Rocket launchers are balanced by ammo scarcity. Jotunn is a hybrid of both that has neither constraint.

It's just this dumb thing that invalidates whole classes of weapons, only requires someone to point at the right half of the screen, and is basically undodgeable in the open for warlocks unless they're on blink.

And it's not even like it's the most effective thing for a decent player to use, it literally just exists as a crutch to bring people who haven't taken the time to learn Crucible into the middle of the pack. So it just ends up being a bunch of cheap tracking kills & trades that don't make anyone better at the game.

The only weapon in the game that makes me sour in PvP.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Early in the day seems not so bad. It's definitely a lot more fun than Quickplay.

I don't know why but this cracked me up lol

Agree with you for the most part about the Hunters (Way of the Outlaw is cool though). As far as the FoV goes, load up a private match, play with the FoV and tell me being able to see more of the game isn't better. Console FoV is 75 I think...switch it between that and 95 and tell me you don't see a huge difference.
Console fov is around 55. It's obscene.

Deleted member 11976

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The tracking isn't that aggressive. You can strafe left or right and it won't hit you.
Or do what I do and jump so that each shot in the burst hits me directly in the face. I like to adjust my head position to match their fusion's upward recoil, you know what I mean?

I think fusions are OK right now, at least on console. As a hunter I feel like I have enough tools to counter them.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Just cant stand how long Fusions take to charge. Is there a perk where when you switch to it it will charge quicker or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.