• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
It's because of thing dang Revoker quest. I've kinda hit a hard wall at ~2000 glory earned, and every loss is just time wasted. So frustrating, at least progress doesn't go down. :/

At least you are on Revoker so it eases the pain somewhat but yea it sucks

Compare that to being on Luna, Mountaintop, Recluse where its all about losing points :(

Not entirely, he mentioned that the per-character forge unlock quests were a mistake and that's why it was account based for Opulence.
Much of the issues with Black Armory were kind of already acknowledged at the time of Black Armory. Bungo were quick to speak about how they fucked up with that one.

Was still a shitty experience regardless.

Oh ok, wasn't seeing anyone mention it in regards to the article.

Unable to read it due to website block at work 🤦‍♂️

Oct 25, 2017
In-game text chat for everything outside of (mostly) raids on PC. For raids or any other end-game content that needs it (not much) Discord is used for voice chat.

I remember having a REALLY shit mic and had to resort to not using it while on the last part of Last Wish.

It didn't go too well LOL (tried text chat and emoting).

From that point i bought a good headset and have been chillin on Discord ever since.

Last edited:

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I logged in and got glory points. Why did this happen and how do I make it happen again?

Feb 4, 2018
I agree with this. It's frustrating as Bungie's stance seems to be that something has to be "different" or "improved" upon when some things were fine the way they were.

I think a lot of people would prefer Trials of Osiris and Factions as they existed in D1 over being completely removed from the game as they are now.

12 new armor sets [(3 factions x 3 classes) + Trials set for each class] and a ton of new weapons for each season seems totally unfeasible for Bungie in their current state

FashionTarkus

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Thoughts on the Luke post:

- I disagree with him when he says we had no content droughts this year. Having nothing new to do for a half a season or more is a drought, especially when seasons gets less content than DLC drops did. Iron Banner and 2x infamy are not content.
- He said doing this annual pass was hard on the team. VV did Opulence, so if Bungie can't handle two seasons, I find that a bit troubling.
- It seems like his solution for us having to do old content for milestones is to just remove old milestones? I don't see how that fixes the problem if they aren't adding enough new content to compensate.
- He doesn't seem to address the fact that Gambit has a lot of issues or that a ton of people have a ton of complaints regarding it.
- He admits they committed a bunch of cardinal sins designing the Reckoning encounter which ended up nerfing the exotics it was built around but ignores the fact that they left activity the same difficulty wise?
- Quest/bounty split looks great but took forever.
- He talks about Eververse but makes no mention of how the rewards from playing the game suffered because of it. There is no Crown ship or sparrow. We can't get ornaments for weapons by using the weapons or completing activities.
pretty much my thoughts.

The struggle to deliver the annual pass is really worrisome for a studio committed to an MMO. Like, really worrisome.
The eververse (non)talk was also a let down, but at least he acknowledges that they expect players to directly buy stuff moving forward.

New pursuit tab doesn't look that great to be honest. but at least I hope they sorting actually works, that alone would be a huge plus

Overall, while I think it was a bit of a let down, it's really refreshing and welcome to have things like this and I really appreciate it.
I also understand that they can't tell us everything

Deleted member 58508

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 12, 2019
pretty much my thoughts.

The struggle to deliver the annual pass is really worrisome for a studio committed to an MMO. Like, really worrisome.
The eververse (non)talk was also a let down, but at least he acknowledges that they expect players to directly buy stuff moving forward.

New pursuit tab doesn't look that great to be honest. but at least I hope they sorting actually works, that alone would be a huge plus

Overall, while I think it was a bit of a let down, it's really refreshing and welcome to have things like this and I really appreciate it.
I also understand that they can't tell us everything

You know, I honestly can't say if they delivered or not. I always take large breaks from Destiny...post-Forsaken I hadn't played the game since the Halloween event, so when I came back it seemed like a lot of content.

And this was just part one. I'm sure the next two parts will have more details on how the game will be moving forward.

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
Am I the only one hoping for some better ships? Everything has been straight awful. I'll pay silver for something decent please.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Best ship in the game is Beautiful Gravities, with Bumblebee shader means Pikachu Ship and it gets you laid on the reg

Can confirm

Oct 28, 2017
This is the real ship and shader combo.

EB4ZHTqXoAAKBxH

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
I like that Taken ship from the Whisper quest and Eris Morn's ship *shrug*

Yea whisper is my favorite.

I meant lately. There's been some good ships in the past.

Anyway, does reserves effect starting ammo in pvp?

Last week I was getting void kills with wavesplitter, on death it was giving me 50 ammo, now this week it's down to 25?

Seems really limited.

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they don't overcorrect and end up making things worse. They did that with Taken King and most egregiously with D2 vanilla.

Crucible right now isn't too far from an amazing place in terms of sandbox. A little tuning would make it as good as a game like this can be. Pulse range needs to come a bit down, HCs need more accuracy but harsher damage drop off at range, Scouts and ARs need some love. Supers need a little toning down. But we're close enough to the mark that I doubt they'll manage to get it right without overshooting.

Now obviously people will still complain. There's 2 sides to that in my opinion:

1. A lot of people dislike competitive modes in general. This can go from a reasonable "I'm more of a PvE guy" to the cringenerd "Call of Duty and Halo are for DUDEBROS" types. Anywhere on this spectrum you'll have people who just don't enjoy competitive shooters in general. They'll participate because there's a reward tied to the mode that they're interested (Weekly milestone, or a pinnacle), but they'll do so begrudgingly. So you can count on complaints from this camp no matter what Bungie does.

2. On the absolute other end of the spectrum, there's the actual *competitive* player. Dudes who like ranked OW or Halo. And they'll always be at odds with the Crucible because of a fundamental design issue. Most actual competitive games are centered around an even playing field. That's never going to be a thing in Destiny. The guy you're up against can have a better gun, more aim assist, faster reloads, and a beefier armor stat than you depending on his luck with rolls. Not only that, but Supers and Heavy behave almost like Mario Kart items: they make it so that even unskilled players can often make cool plays and outmaneuver better players through these catchup mechanics. Obviously, this runs 100% counter to what a competitive title should be doing. But it's the way to please the varied goals and philosophies of the player base.

What I mean here is Crucible will never *not* be controversial, regardless of what they do. They're targeting such a weird combination of people that it's literally impossible to make the game better for some without making it worse for others.

That being said, I expect them to do better on the content front. New maps are the absolute least they could commit to providing every season. And there's plenty of low hanging fruit available: if they can't spare the dev cost to make a bunch of new maps, let them refurbish D1 stuff. I'd love Anomaly, Cauldron, Exodus Blue, Asylum, Dungeons etc to make a comeback. Likewise with modes: let's get Zone Control (GOAT) and Elimination back.

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Concerned about the idea of "curating" powerful drops and such - more activities being sources of powerful gear means players have a greater opportunity to pick and choose how they want to play and still make lots of progress. Heroic Stories are in a bad place and playing them for the powerful drop sucks but the solution shouldn't be dropping them as a power source all together.

This whole "Highlander" of Gambit thing also kind of concerns me since Gambit might be my favourite part of the game - by all means have one version of Gambit be the standard Gambit experience but I enjoy both modes and would hate to see one become completely irrelevant or disappear (I doubt the latter would happen).

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
If they said the Annual Pass is taxing, why follow up with another Annual Pass?

Yeah the update seemed a little scattershot and non cohesive. I personally always have questions about luke smith's acumen. The reason is I used to listen to him long ago on 1up yours podcasts and he was never my favorite member or seemed particularly knowledgeable.

A lot of things in the update seemed fairly unclear. Other than hopefully that they're going to nerf the shit out of a lot of stuff, which I welcome.

But then again if you put me in charge of Destiny I'm sure I'd have not a clue what to do. Besides nerf hand cannons...

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
All 3 sets of majestic armour completed.

Triumph seal acquired, all three glows got because I am

lqn95zU.gif

instead cash, it should say Bright Dust

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Yeah the update seemed a little scattershot and non cohesive. I personally always have questions about luke smith's acumen. The reason is I used to listen to him long ago on 1up yours podcasts and he was never my favorite member or seemed particularly knowledgeable.

A lot of things in the update seemed fairly unclear. Other than hopefully that they're going to nerf the shit out of a lot of stuff, which I welcome.

But then again if you put me in charge of Destiny I'm sure I'd have not a clue what to do. Besides nerf hand cannons...
I too think an important part of being a development team lead is that you're a good podcast host.

Dec 2, 2017
The best ship is Pallas Galliot because I've never worked longer or harder for a cosmetic.

Also their talk about having to dial it back content wise for the team gives me a mixed reaction.

On one hand I am glad that a studio is finally openly discussing how deadlines and promises affect their teams and how they don't want that to happen.

On the other hand though I am afraid this will mean overall less content in the long run for Y3 compared to Y2. And less content is never good. Especially in a game like Destiny that can already be grindy and repetitive as it is.

Speak for yourself. I want my life back.

yeah i believe them when they say it was a breakneck pace for them. and that's with vicarious visions sharing the workload on opulence.

that said, they utterly failed on the pvp side this year so you can call that whatever you want. i tend to believe it's neglect or if we are being politic, then we'll call it "selective resource management."

in the non-OT thread i pointed out that Luke Smith's claim that they delivered on the calendar they set up was false because there were no crucible maps and modes with every season.

06072018_Annual_Pass.jpg

is it entitled of me to expect each new season to bring the crucible maps and modes they promised back in the June 2018 TWAB which was essentially an ad for the new expansion and season pass? i will wait for director's cut parts 2 and 3 to see what Smith has to say about this and a full retrospective of why it felt sometimes this year like the crucible team simply did not exist. i believe things like the revelry tonic applying to competitive or the lord of wolves dominance were things that never should have happened (or were instead patched out quickly) if the crucible team was more vocal about the integrity of the game mode.

The one thing I don't get is why they can't just toss in an old map every season. I get they need to test them with the current set of weapons & powers, and give it a bit of a visual update. But is that really that demanding in terms of labour power?

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
Dissapointed, spent so long saving up weekly and 100+ infamy bounties for triple infamy week for a reset.

Now I'm 600 from reset after a 8 win streak in mythic lol

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
I was working towards reset thinking it would be my third on PS4 so I could get the Ghost and Dredgen title.

Then I realized its the second I'm actually working towards so I'll need a full reset after that. Going nuts here but at least I've gotten a lot of good JW guns. Solid rolls on Spare Rations and LMS

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Who do I have to pay to get better teammates to matchmake with in PvP?

I'm putting out 40 kills in game, and yet my team loses. In comp, I play against a group of randos who are clearly better than I am, and yet my team is worse than I am. How is that even fair?

God I fucking hate PC PvP.
You don't need to pay anything to use the discord. ;)

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I got my 50 mini boss kills done in 3 matches, it feels real good, that was a huge slog last week when doing it the full 100.
my thoughts on the EAZ have not changed though....I like the exterior, but the interior is a hot mess. Too many dead ends, I should be able to go in a building and exit out the other side with out having to back track through a few hallways.

I know I know get good, having Stompees helps, but when I was playing with my warlock it was a absolute nightmare and had to rely on the portals because one missed jumped = a long ass floaty drop with my warlock to get back down....Yeah I could have canceled the float but I didnt' want to start back on the ground again. I always tried to land at a half way point.

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
On 1900 glory after today's reset and now I am too scared to queue up.

Makeno

Dec 4, 2018
So... I think I'm an Auto Rifle guy now? I can't remember if I went about this before but Auto Rifles are incredible in PVP (on console)

I have a black armory Galliard with SPO-57 Front, Armour piercing, Quickdraw and Kill Clip. Nothing incredible right? Maybe it just compliments my playstyle a lot because I get to face up to like 2/3 guys at once and the damage output with kill clip does enough damage at range that I can drop 3/4 guys one after the other before dying - got a reload masterwork so its pretty snappy too. Still, I'm winning a LOT of 1v1s and One Eyed Mask means you're usually prepped for the next fight.

Time to try out the Halfdan again.

edit: got another exotic shell lmao

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The game gave me a Misfit with a Backup mag. I never thought I would use it but I needed Arc kills for the armor.

Holy moly, 60 bullets. Feels like I fire forever.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Comp 3 games weekly progress: 1-2. Lost 2 countdown matches I thought we at least had a chance this week, so, disappointing. Not all the games were blowouts, both losses were pretty close. Plus the ever lovely bungo special all three matches=countdown this week.

For example replaying in my mind, it was 5-5 the last match (4 stack). I had two guys in a lane staring them down with my bygones. I was feeling so close to mowing them both down and we probably win.They had some supers but likely the dead guys would have died with their supers. Nope, I die instead. They end up popping about 3 supers together and roll the round.

For four weeks so far it's 2-1, 2-1, 1-2, 1-2.

after next week reset i'll be at about 1600 (1486+120). Making slow progress. if it mattered, the lengthened season would help.

not sure why doing this, if i even get fabled, i wont do mountaintop til the quest has been eased anyway, plus the likely nerf.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Did today's update literally just change the mini-sparrow's sound effect to sound more mini. Wow, imagine if actual fixes just came like that.

So... I think I'm an Auto Rifle guy now? I can't remember if I went about this before but Auto Rifles are incredible in PVP (on console)

I have a black armory Galliard with SPO-57 Front, Armour piercing, Quickdraw and Kill Clip. Nothing incredible right? Maybe it just compliments my playstyle a lot because I get to face up to like 2/3 guys at once and the damage output with kill clip does enough damage at range that I can drop 3/4 guys one after the other before dying - got a reload masterwork so its pretty snappy too. Still, I'm winning a LOT of 1v1s and One Eyed Mask means you're usually prepped for the next fight.

Time to try out the Halfdan again.

edit: got another exotic shell lmao

Real lads use autos in PVP. Although you also use OEM, so you're just half a lad.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
I got my 50 mini boss kills done in 3 matches, it feels real good, that was a huge slog last week when doing it the full 100.
my thoughts on the EAZ have not changed though....I like the exterior, but the interior is a hot mess. Too many dead ends, I should be able to go in a building and exit out the other side with out having to back track through a few hallways.

I know I know get good, having Stompees helps, but when I was playing with my warlock it was a absolute nightmare and had to rely on the portals because one missed jumped = a long ass floaty drop with my warlock to get back down....Yeah I could have canceled the float but I didnt' want to start back on the ground again. I always tried to land at a half way point.
Nah you aren't wrong. It sucks being a Titan with terribad Mobility because you are wearing the Blue Solstice gear and it has crap for Mobility scores so your jump height and movement speed are all wrong. EAZ really exacerbates this problem with the way it's designed.

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
The game gave me a Misfit with a Backup mag. I never thought I would use it but I needed Arc kills for the armor.

Holy moly, 60 bullets. Feels like I fire forever.

I have one with 70 in mag, zen moment, rampage, and stability masterwork. one of the most stable autos ever haha. it is fun weapon to use when not wanting to use meta.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I have the fallen style ship on all my characters. It's the only real unique looking ship in the game. Everything else seems like designs we've seen before.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
hello you beautiful people.

On 1900 glory after today's reset and now I am too scared to queue up.
If you're on PC, hit the Destiny Era discord and crew up. Easy streaks at that glory level, my friend.

Real lads use autos in PVP. Although you also use OEM, so you're just half a lad.
I'll never forget the first time I saw my FULL DAN doing 41 per crit with KC active.

Literally LMG numbers. I'm generally not a fan of many of the autos in PvP (I do like my KC Gnawing Hunger for some reason, though), but I never really feel at a disadvantage when using my Dan.

Last edited:

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I only just caught up (not even fully) with the meta using non-meta gear.

Y'all shake it up, I'm gonna relax for a while.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Ringing Nail with rampage/firefly
Hammerhead with rampage/feeding frenzy
Blast Furnace with kill clip/feeding frenzy
Tatara's Gaze with snapshot/box breathing
Sure-Hand with Surrounded/Relentless Strikes
Kindred Orchid with kill clip/rampage
Who gives a fuck about the bow

Basically have no reason to run forges anymore. Farewell, dishwasher. You'll be singing terribly in French all by yourself forever and ever.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
super spam in pvp is killing my enjoyment. game is just not fun at all in qp
Unfortunately all I can suggest are:
  • Ordinance Mods + Armamentarium exotic + Suppressor Titan Grenades
  • Tractor Cannon/Wardcliff and sit on the power ammo starting at 3 minutes into the match
  • Lord of Wolves, maybe? Should still be able to shut down most supers even post nerf.

But yes, Supers need to be nerfed and playing with them in this state for another full month is pretty much a no-go.

Status
Not open for further replies.