• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
Ringing Nail with rampage/firefly
Hammerhead with rampage/feeding frenzy
Blast Furnace with kill clip/feeding frenzy
Tatara's Gaze with snapshot/box breathing
Sure-Hand with Surrounded/Relentless Strikes
Who gives a fuck about the bow

Basically have no reason to run forges anymore. Farewell, dishwasher. You'll be singing terribly in French all by yourself forever and ever.

Kindled Orchid?

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Ringing Nail with rampage/firefly
Hammerhead with rampage/feeding frenzy
Blast Furnace with kill clip/feeding frenzy
Tatara's Gaze with snapshot/box breathing
Sure-Hand with Surrounded/Relentless Strikes
Who gives a fuck about the bow

Basically have no reason to run forges anymore. Farewell, dishwasher. You'll be singing terribly in French all by yourself forever and ever.
grats on being free from at least one activity.

How are your menagerie rolls lookin? Reckoning?

FacesAndAces

Chicken Chaser
Avenger
Dec 9, 2017
So based on Luke's wall of text, we should expect nerfs to how buffs stack and autoreloading, eh?

Here's to they don't just make Titans viable because they strip autoreloading from Lunafaction Boots.

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately all I can suggest are:
  • Ordinance Mods + Armamentarium exotic + Suppressor Titan Grenades
  • Tractor Cannon/Wardcliff and sit on the power ammo starting at 3 minutes into the match
  • Lord of Wolves, maybe? Should still be able to shut down most supers even post nerf.

But yes, Supers need to be nerfed and playing with them in this state for another full month is pretty much a no-go.

thanks - I am considering just taking a break from destiny since i have nothing major left to grind for, but if i jump back in ill try this

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Malfeasance does a pretty good job too if you have enough space/time to put the rounds in. 5-7 rounds to kill someone in super, depending.
yea. honestly the only true problem super is fists of havoc and if they're moving like they should be, you're not going to land 5-7 rounds on them with any weapon and they're going to get free regen along the way.

dawnblade can be obnoxious too in the right hands. everything else at least expires in a reasonable amount of time.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Got my Recluse and Wayfarer title tonight! 🤠🤠🤠

Now it's back to my Luna, Redrix, and Revoker grinds lol Revoker is reasonably close since I'm maybe 800ish Glory away.

Have a free Emblem of Synth to give away since I've already got one and don't need another. PM me, first come first serve. EDIT: gone

Last edited:

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
grats on being free from at least one activity.

How are your menagerie rolls lookin? Reckoning?

Got a good Imperial Decree, Beloved and Fixed Odds. Would like a better Drang. Don't care about the SMG or fusion.

Reckoning I've only ever gotten good Outlast and Sole Survivor rolls. Don't really care to pursue it because I hate Reckoning.

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

Now it's back to my Luna, Redrix, and Revoker grinds lol Revoker is reasonably close since I'm maybe 800ish Glory away.

Have a free Emblem of Synth to give away since I've already got one and don't need another. PM me, first come first serve. EDIT: gone
Grats!

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, how do I get Spare Rations to drop this week? Do I farm Reckoning? Do I need to do anything special?

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
1. A lot of people dislike competitive modes in general. This can go from a reasonable "I'm more of a PvE guy" to the cringenerd "Call of Duty and Halo are for DUDEBROS" types. Anywhere on this spectrum you'll have people who just don't enjoy competitive shooters in general. They'll participate because there's a reward tied to the mode that they're interested (Weekly milestone, or a pinnacle), but they'll do so begrudgingly. So you can count on complaints from this camp no matter what Bungie does.

This is the real crutch of the issue. Don't force people to play the modes they hate for universal rewards, or else you'll always get the wrong feedback.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Got a good Imperial Decree, Beloved and Fixed Odds. Would like a better Drang. Don't care about the SMG or fusion.

Reckoning I've only ever gotten good Outlast and Sole Survivor rolls. Don't really care to pursue it because I hate Reckoning.
you better take your ass in there and get a frenzy + kill clip fusion. that shit is broken.
Wait, how do I get Spare Rations to drop this week? Do I farm Reckoning? Do I need to do anything special?
Farm T2 or T3 Reckoning, or pray for a good RNG drop from Prime.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
How do you unlock tier 3 reckoning? Dont think I ever did that, if there was something you had to do.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
I'm pretty hyped for the Steam release in October. As a new player, should I start with the Free to Play version or should I pull the trigger on Shadowkeep straight away?

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I'm pretty hyped for the Steam release in October. As a new player, should I start with the Free to Play version or should I pull the trigger on Shadowkeep straight away?
Definitely no harm in starting with the F2P setup. Most of that you'd need/want to play through even if you bought the game. Make sure you like the look and feel of the game. We're here and on Discord to help if you have questions. I strongly encourage the Destiny Era Discord for fast answers to questions you will inevitably have along the way.

azfaru

Dec 1, 2017
Just wanna say I just ordered an SSD (and even an enclosure to put the old HDD in) and I'm so stoked! I feel like with the amount of time I spend playing Destiny, it feels so good knowing I can shave off some waiting time. Makes me wonder how much all of it combined has amounted to throughout my playtime... But man, I'm so ready for Shadowkeep right now.

Now sidenote: Do y'all think I should be restoring the SSD with my old data? I kinda like the notion of an unsullied SSD... was even thinking of keeping the SSD Destiny-exclusive lol. Does it even make a difference? And also, in this age of cloud saves and having all your data in servers, is it worth backing up your old PS4 data? Currently don't have an empty HDD to back up my old stuff anyway and not looking forward to spend more on another external backup HDD.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
I tried looking around for more info but I can't find it...when will Forsaken + annual pass drop on steam? Is it after shadowkeep? Or when I crossave from ps4 I automatically get forsaken + annual pass? Why isn't bungie offering options to buy forsaken + annual pass on steam right now?

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Definitely no harm in starting with the F2P setup. Most of that you'd need/want to play through even if you bought the game. Make sure you like the look and feel of the game. We're here and on Discord to help if you have questions. I strongly encourage the Destiny Era Discord for fast answers to questions you will inevitably have along the way.
Ah, I see. That's good to know, thanks!

I think I've asked this before but I never seem to understand how it works; what exactly is included with Shadowkeep? Can I use any of it from the get go?

maverick261

Nov 1, 2017
Is here an active clan which I can join? I want to have the clan rewards and I want to help to reach the XP. I'm deaf and it's not easy to find an active clan.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
So with Solstice gear being 700, is there a point in doing activities that reward ''powerful gear''? Do they go past 700? Just trying to prioritize my time as there is a confusing amount of different daily/weeklies.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
So with Solstice gear being 700, is there a point in doing activities that reward ''powerful gear''? Do they go past 700? Just trying to prioritize my time as there is a confusing amount of different daily/weeklies.
750 is max. Legendary solstice gear will be 750 for you.

After that, it's up to you. If you don't like the rolls on your solstice gear or want to use exotics, a lower leveled armor piece with a good perk, or a low-leveled but well-rolled weapon, you may need to infuse them to 750 which will typically require you to complete powerful bounties to get max level items to use as fodder.

Maxing your light level matters for:
  • Reckoning - If you want that armor or the ability to farm exclusive weapons
  • Gambit Prime - Power levels are enabled, meaning people with higher power will do more damage to you and take less from you if you are lower
  • Iron Banner (PVP) - Power levels are enabled here as well
  • Heroic Menagerie - If you want to farm special swords
  • Scourge of the Past / Crown of Sorrows raids - the higher your overall power, the easier it is

You'll want to consider maxing light level on every one of your favorite weapons and armor pieces, which again, will require you to do powerful bounties or hope for powerful engram drops. On every character applicable.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
750 is max. Legendary solstice gear will be 750 for you.

After that, it's up to you. If you don't like the rolls on your solstice gear or want to use exotics, a lower leveled armor piece with a good perk, or a low-leveled but well-rolled weapon, you may need to infuse them to 750 which will typically require you to complete powerful bounties to get max level items to use as fodder.

Maxing your light level matters for:
  • Reckoning - If you want that armor or the ability to farm exclusive weapons
  • Gambit Prime - Power levels are enabled, meaning people with higher power will do more damage to you and take less from you if you are lower
  • Iron Banner (PVP) - Power levels are enabled here as well
  • Heroic Menagerie - If you want to farm special swords
  • Scourge of the Past / Crown of Sorrows raids - the higher your overall power, the easier it is

You'll want to consider maxing light level on every one of your favorite weapons and armor pieces, which again, will require you to do powerful bounties or hope for powerful engram drops. On every character applicable.
Thanks. In the past I just dismantled all purples since infusing was so expensive, but apparently it's easier now? Got a few low level bows and exotics in the vault I want to boost up.

coma

Oct 28, 2017
Early in the day seems not so bad. It's definitely a lot more fun than Quickplay.
I've always "enjoyed" quickplay more. I think Destiny's PvP can be fun in a more mindless setting playing with friends, but taking it super seriously in competitive just highlights its shortcomings too much for me.

Once crossplay goes live, I might give hitting Fabled another shot. Could see it potentially being a bit easier on PS4, due to higher player population than Xbox so (hopefully) better matchmaking and less people who grew up playing Bungie shooters. We'll see.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wondering where all of those Omolon weapons went, or more importantly, WHERE THEM OMOLON SNIPER RIFLES:

PolishedCoordinatedAsianpiedstarling-size_restricted.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Thanks. In the past I just dismantled all purples since infusing was so expensive, but apparently it's easier now? Got a few low level bows and exotics in the vault I want to boost up.
Yea it's easier to get materials now. Go see Banshee and do his daily bounties. They take no more than 5 minutes per character and will net you 3x masterwork cores and 6x mod components. Other than that, I mean, just play the game and dismantle the junk that fairly quickly comes to fill your inventory slots.

Weapon foundries need to come back in a big way. One of the things that Borderlands does very well.
Yes, distinct weapons from manufacturers in D2 are pretty much just cosmetic stuff like weapon shapes, color themes, sounds and scopes. It would be cool if there were clear differences in what each brand makes that is more clear and impactful.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
At most, Veist weapons fire fast, Hakke weapons fire slow, SUROS is just there and Omolon died in a ditch. That's about as much distinction as we got for them.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
How do you unlock tier 3 reckoning? Dont think I ever did that, if there was something you had to do.
Drifter should have a Weekly Gambit a Prime bounty available. It asks you to:

- Play Gambit Prime (4 games if I recall correctly?)
- Complete a Reckoning run at the highest tier you can synth for.

So you begin with a green synthesizer. You do this bounty by completing your Prime games + a Tier 1 run. You are rewarded with a Powerful Helm and your little box of sorrows gets upgraded to blue.

Then you have to wait a week. Then you pick up that same bounty again, except since you have a blue synthesizer you now have to play a Tier 2 Reckoning run to complete the weekly bounty. You are rewarded a powerful Helm again, and the blue box gets upgraded to purple.

Congrats, you can now play Tier 3. The catch is, the Tier 3 Helm won't be in the loot pool until you wait another week and complete the weekly bounty again. It'll reward you with a Helm and ad it to the loot pool so future runs can drop it from then on.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
They need to start implementing penalties for leaving Strikes or booting for inactivity because two times in a row I tried doing a Strike and either the other two went on their own to do god knows what or at least one of the players just sitting there at spawn, leaving me and some other Guardian to do it all. Always reminds me why I barely run Strikes.

That being said, the 3 Strikes I did actually get to complete yesterday had some pretty damn cool teammates and one of the Strikes in the Dreaming City was pretty awesome I'll admit.

But Bungie needs to do something with the Guardians that are being jerks, like forfeiting any kind of progress if you leave early or just get booted for inactivity.

Djredline

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017

Gratz.

Been going to mars on a daily basis for ages now just hoping the winter wolf would drop as that is all i require for wayfarer. Ana still gives me everything else especially 18 kelvins.

I also have 1 reset left for redrix. Done all the sniper kills for revoker but only 1/2 way through the glory points.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gratz.

Been going to mars on a daily basis for ages now just hoping the winter wolf would drop as that is all i require for wayfarer. Ana still gives me everything else especially 18 kelvins.

I also have 1 reset left for redrix. Done all the sniper kills for revoker but only 1/2 way through the glory points.
Gonna pass this on in case you don't know (I made this mistake) stop each day as soon as you get your Braytech Schematic because only 1 drops a day. It took me multiple 18 Kelvins before I got the Wolf. The Mars badge bits of Wayfarer is definitely the most brutal because of the RNG. It's only a matter of time until you get it though!

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Just wanna say I just ordered an SSD (and even an enclosure to put the old HDD in) and I'm so stoked! I feel like with the amount of time I spend playing Destiny, it feels so good knowing I can shave off some waiting time. Makes me wonder how much all of it combined has amounted to throughout my playtime... But man, I'm so ready for Shadowkeep right now.

Now sidenote: Do y'all think I should be restoring the SSD with my old data? I kinda like the notion of an unsullied SSD... was even thinking of keeping the SSD Destiny-exclusive lol. Does it even make a difference? And also, in this age of cloud saves and having all your data in servers, is it worth backing up your old PS4 data? Currently don't have an empty HDD to back up my old stuff anyway and not looking forward to spend more on another external backup HDD.

I use an external SSD just for Destiny on Xbox, since it's pretty much the only game I play that has these loading issues.

demi

Oct 27, 2017

I would try to get a decent Epicurean for PVP, when the Erentil and Rebuke hot nerfs come rolling in, Epicurean is up on deck

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Shotguns....are actually really fun in Crucible. Been using Toil and Trouble, but what are some other good recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.