• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Shotguns....are actually really fun in Crucible. Been using Toil and Trouble, but what are some other good recommendations?

- Dust Rock Blues (Menagerie / Lost Sectors)
- Imperial Decree (Menagerie)
- Mindbender's Ambition (when its on the nightfall lineup, start farming)
- Badlander (general drop / prime engrams)

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
- Dust Rock Blues (Menagerie / Lost Sectors)
- Imperial Decree (Menagerie)
- Mindbender's Ambition (when its on the nightfall lineup, start farming)
- Badlander (general drop / prime engrams)

Nice, I know I have Badlander and I believe I have Dust Rock Blues. Will give those a try, thanks!

Dec 2, 2017
my thoughts on the EAZ have not changed though....I like the exterior, but the interior is a hot mess. Too many dead ends, I should be able to go in a building and exit out the other side with out having to back track through a few hallways.

Dude. It's a maze. On purpose.

So... I think I'm an Auto Rifle guy now? I can't remember if I went about this before but Auto Rifles are incredible in PVP (on console)

I have a black armory Galliard with SPO-57 Front, Armour piercing, Quickdraw and Kill Clip. Nothing incredible right? Maybe it just compliments my playstyle a lot because I get to face up to like 2/3 guys at once and the damage output with kill clip does enough damage at range that I can drop 3/4 guys one after the other before dying - got a reload masterwork so its pretty snappy too. Still, I'm winning a LOT of 1v1s and One Eyed Mask means you're usually prepped for the next fight.

Time to try out the Halfdan again.

edit: got another exotic shell lmao

Glad you found success, but tbh autos are anything but incredible right now. They tried to balance the fact that they fire a ton of bullets by lowering the TTK, which unfortunately means most of them straight up lose to most weapons in Crucible.

There are some decent ones for sure though. Suros is meta, Ringing Nail is probably the best legendary, and everyone sings Halfdan's praises.

I do like my KC Gnawing Hunger for some reason, though

I saw a Banned Wipe Gnawing Hunger video yesterday titled 'Better than Recluse!' Less than a minute in he said "it's not better than Recluse" but he was clearly a fan.

Ringing Nail with rampage/firefly
Hammerhead with rampage/feeding frenzy
Blast Furnace with kill clip/feeding frenzy
Tatara's Gaze with snapshot/box breathing
Sure-Hand with Surrounded/Relentless Strikes
Who gives a fuck about the bow

Basically have no reason to run forges anymore.
Curated Kindled tho.
Also, a rampage/reload perk Blast Furnace is the most useful all around PvE kinetic legendary in the game imo.

Farewell, dishwasher. You'll be singing terribly in French all by yourself forever and ever.

Does it bother anybody else that in the lore she is clearly French, her name is French, they have her singing in French, yet instead of the French weapon android lady the world clearly would have preferred, they gave her the voice of a midwestern American schoolteacher?

This is the real crutch of the issue. Don't force people to play the modes they hate for universal rewards, or else you'll always get the wrong feedback.

But the flipside of that is that often the only reason people "hate" certain modes is because they played them 3 times and were bad at them and blame the mode rather than themselves. Or they only ever solo queue something designed as a coordinated activity. Getting people out of their comfort zones can be a good thing for the community, because right now everyone's teaming up and a lot of them are discovering they don't actually hate these things.

They need to start implementing penalties for leaving Strikes or booting for inactivity because two times in a row I tried doing a Strike and either the other two went on their own to do god knows what or at least one of the players just sitting there at spawn,

Dude, that is like the best case scenario. 95% of times you're in a strike it's because you're doing bounties or grinding something by kills. Not having two other players hogging every add or blazing through it in 5 minutes? *Chef kiss*

I want an option to queue with AFKers in playlist strikes.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Nice, I know I have Badlander and I believe I have Dust Rock Blues. Will give those a try, thanks!

Understand that when people grind for shotguns, they're looking for specific builds and perks.

* Lots of Range (Range MW a requirement)
* Perks like Slideshot, Snapshot, Quickdraw. Rampage can be good in the right situation. Imperial Decree can roll Swashbuckler and Feeding Frenzy
* Barrels like Rifled Barrel, Smallbore, and even Full Choke as a last resort
* Badlander is a full auto shotgun inherently, so Full Auto is also a good choice

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Y'all gonna make me chase after some fusion rifle.
Jotunn is amazing for PVP, PVE and Gambit.
Erentil is ok or PVE & gambit, but great for PvP. IT's also a purple, so it keeps open the option to use an exotic kinetic gun like Bad juju or Outbreak Prime, or Wardcliff for them sweaty PvP matches.

With a Scout buff coming, I can easily see the PvP meta changing back to Mida with Erentil and a tracking Bad Omens.

Last edited:

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
Some stats to back me up. Xbox

jY4M5Dw.png

PC

1moVoZf.png

PC has HC's 6 of the top 10 kinetic slots, and then energy is just whatever OHK special you run with your HC. Very vapid meta. This is why some YouTube was whining about Revoker being Kinetic. You cant give up your win button HC's in those kinetic slot on PC's. Sure pulses make an appearance at 3, 5, and 10, but I'd like to see the %. My guess is it's like Ace, 50%, TLW 30%, Blast furnace 3%, Revoker 2%, Bygones 1%, so on.

Now on Xbox we actually have a pulse number 1 in Kinetic which is fantastic to see and I dont believe I've ever seen before. Sure, you cant use them in high comp only hand cannons are powerful enough, but at least you can use them in Qp and low comp on Xbox, it's better than nothing. Now my guess is Lunas in the Energy slot is by far more used than Bygones, but again we're taking small victories here. The secondaries are a better and more varied assortment, spread out across both kinetic and energy. Much superior meta>>>PC.
Did not know outbreak perfected was top 10 most used in PC. I don't think I've ever been killed by it.

I'm probably never using anything other than Revoker and Supremacy as my primary weapons though. They're too fun.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
lol it took me a year but I finally got malfeasance. Thank you Arbalest for netting me that sweet one man army medal of 4 kills.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Dude, that is like the best case scenario. 95% of times you're in a strike it's because you're doing bounties or grinding something by kills. Not having two other players hogging every add or blazing through it in 5 minutes? *Chef kiss*

I want an option to queue with AFKers in playlist strikes.

Fair enough lol But it just gets frustrating trying to actually complete Strikes because of this Solstice stuff.

Understand that when people grind for shotguns, they're looking for specific builds and perks.

* Lots of Range (Range MW a requirement)
* Perks like Slideshot, Snapshot, Quickdraw. Rampage can be good in the right situation. Imperial Decree can roll Swashbuckler and Feeding Frenzy
* Barrels like Rifled Barrel, Smallbore, and even Full Choke as a last resort
* Badlander is a full auto shotgun inherently, so Full Auto is also a good choice

Thanks so much for the tips! What does Snapshot do?

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
ADS quicker, which is what you generally do when you're about to fire on someone. Very good perk if you're aggressive (which is what you should be as a shotgun user)

Nice, I'll keep a look out for those that you mentioned, would be a nice change of pace for me with Crucible. And as always thanks for the tips and info!

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Picked up the Annual Pass (can't turn that away for $15 bucks!) Playing after taking a long break after wrapping up Forsaken. Feels really nice to jump back in.

Any tips on what I should focus on for the three seasons I missed? Looks like there is a LOT to grind, so I'd rather just focus on the best guns/gear right now as I prep for Shadowkeep.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
With cross save coming very soon, maybe we can get a new clan going. I plan on being on all 3 systems playing. Platform should matter a little less.

There will be a bunch of platform transitions in September no doubt, but you can still only play the DLC content if you purchase it between platforms. Having a cross platform, still limits members to play with those on their platform until the game goes completely cross-play and the servers are shared.

At that point, it's game on for mixed everything!

However, to your point, There will be a population boost once the F2P version drops and new clans will be needed, but managing that traffic with a F2P game is going to be nightmare fuel...

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Picked up the Annual Pass (can't turn that away for $15 bucks!) Playing after taking a long break after wrapping up Forsaken. Feels really nice to jump back in.

Any tips on what I should focus on for the three seasons I missed? Looks like there is a LOT to grind, so I'd rather just focus on the best guns/gear right now as I prep for Shadowkeep.

I would probably ignore Drifter stuff until September when the patch for Reckoning comes out, it [should] make it better to farm for guns there and spike up the population for it. Work on Opulence + Forge stuff I would say.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA

Black Armory:
Hammerhead- machine gun (part of the forge quest)
Blast Furnace- pulse rifle (frame unlocked in second forge or 3rd forge, I forget, but the gun is awesome!)
Jotunn- exotic energy fusion (random drop from Bergusia forge)

Vanguard:
Service Revolver- hand cannon (part of the loot pool now)
Loaded Question- energy fusion (pinnacle quest from last season)

Gambit:
Bygones- pulse rifle (if you didn't get one during Forsaken, it's not part of the loot pool)
21% delirium- arc machine gun (pinnacle quest from last season)
Spare Rations- kinetic Hand Cannon (random drop.... loooow drop rate)

Exotic Quests:
Bad JuJu- energy pulse
The Last Word- energy hc
Outbreak Prime- energy pulse
Truth- rocket launcher
Thorn- energy Hand Cannon

Other:
Anarchy- power grenade launcher from Scourge of the Past (random from final chest, low drop rate)
Threat Level- kintic shotty from Scourge of the Past raid
Erentil- energy fusion can farm in menagerie
Arbalest- energy fusion exotic, part of loot pool, but rare drop rate
Beloved- energy sniper rifle farmed in Managerie
Austringer- kinetic HC farmed in managerie
Imperial Decree- kinetic shotty farmed in managerie
Bane of Sorrow- machine gun farmed in Crown of Sorrows raid

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2017

Get Outbreak Perfected, it's the single most important endgame weapon right now, it's got a quest & dungeon.

Bite the bullet & unlock the Black Armory forges. The unlocking is a pain because it was the first thing they did with the annual pass so they weren't sure how grindy to make it. But as you can see from the last 2 pages of discussion, a lot of those weapons still kick ass.

Reckoning & Gambit Prime have some great stuff too - as mentioned they messed up with the balance on Reckoning so it's being made easier next month, so hold off until then. Gambit Prime can still get that stuff for you, the drop rates on specific weapons are related to the medals you earn in that mode (not just the curated rolls, like some will tell you).

Get Last Word, Thorn, Izanagi's Burden & Truth, they all have specific quests you can earn them through.

Do the Drifter vs. Vanguard faction quest, it's one of the more interesting story bits they added.

You can only earn the MMXIX title until the end of the month, so if that interests you the time is now.

The season of Opulence stuff is fun, but I don't actually know how many must-have weapons there is in it. Like the best thing in Menagerie is probably a rampage dragonfly Trust.

Brutalitops

Dec 6, 2017
I don't play Destiny 2 but really needed to stop by and mention that every time I see this thread while scrolling ERA, and I mean EVERY time, I read it as Destiny 2: Foreskin

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
I would probably ignore Drifter stuff until September when the patch for Reckoning comes out, it [should] make it better to farm for guns there and spike up the population for it. Work on Opulence + Forge stuff I would say.

The drop rate is going up, but are they are going to adjust the difficulty or fun factor of the encounter?

I was honestly a bit confused by the whole reckoning paragraph, on one hand, they mention that the mode can only be playable with certain classes and they do not like that and will be nerfing the $hit out of well locks soon. On the other hand, the mode will be completely unplayable without well locks as it pretty much is already. They love the encounter design, but the fail rate for T3 is ridiculously high and nobody wants to bother with it since it is so difficult to beat (and no drops). I'm not sure if Bungie can find a happy medium between fun/difficulty and designing the encounter to not require certain classes to compete it.

Last edited:

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
So I am thinking of getting back into Destiny 2 and streaming it on my Mixer. I played some of the DLC after that game released. So much has been added hasnt it?

demi

Oct 27, 2017
The drop rate is going up, but are they are going to adjust the difficulty or fun factor of the encounter?

I was honestly a bit confused by the whole reckoning paragraph, on one hand, they mention that the mode can only be playable with certain classes and they do not like that and will be nerfing the $hit out of well locks soon. On the other hand, the mode will be completely unplayable without well locks as it pretty much is already. They love the encounter design, but the fail rate for T3 is ridiculously high and nobody wants to bother with it since it is so difficult to beat. I'm not sure if Bungie can find a happy medium between fun/difficulty and designing the encounter to not require certain classes to compete it.

They said the difficulty was getting adjusted, and the drop rates. We have to wait until September to find out what either means. Plenty to work on before then, when the patch comes out, then direct attention towards the Drifter side of things.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
I don't play Destiny 2 but really needed to stop by and mention that every time I see this thread while scrolling ERA, and I mean EVERY time, I read it as Destiny 2: Foreskin

6a0.gif

So I am thinking of getting back into Destiny 2 and streaming it on my Mixer. I played some of the DLC after that game released. So much has been added hasnt it?

Why yes, yes there has been. You can stream for days and still not catch up on all the content.

Dave_6

Oct 25, 2017
I finished up my Titan armor last night and used my Wizened Rebuke to get the arc weapon Crucible kills done. Thing is a beast! Mine has Under Pressure and Backup Plan with a range MW. I dont use Fusions much but man I was getting some crazy kills with it.

On to the Warlock armor now and I'll be done with all three.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Thats fine with me. Apex has kind of pissed me off lately and I have really enjoyed where Bungie has taken Destiny 2. I havent done any raids yet either. Still need to prepare for the 1st one LOL.

Oh man, raids are a treat, so get a chill group and have some fun with them!

I finished up my Titan armor last night and used my Wizened Rebuke to get the arc weapon Crucible kills done. Thing is a beast! Mine has Under Pressure and Backup Plan with a range MW. I don't use Fusions much but man I was getting some crazy kills with it.

On to the Warlock armor now and I'll be done with all three.

Man, I didn't even think to use Rebuke. I used Loaded Question (isn't that great because of range)

I have one with the same roll I should try out. After my stint as a daddy gun jotunn whore (with tracking nerf, it's only bonus is not the damage not dropping off with distance and that's it) I started using erentil, does Rebuke charge any quicker?

Picked up the annual pass a while back as well, cheers for the tips everyone.

Just take your time and enjoy it. There is no reason to feel like you need to get it all done immediately and get overwhelmed, so take it one thing at a time and enjoy it. If you need hep running things or need advice, ask here or check in on the DEra discord.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017

Destiny community continues to be the best - thanks for the awesome writeups! Very helpful moving forward knowing what to prioritize.

Also, what's the new meta with infusing? I remember after Forsaken dropped, infusing came with a really high cost. Is it still the case? Should I still only be infusing my guns at the very end, or can I do it more freely now?

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Destiny community continues to be the best - thanks for the awesome writeups! Very helpful moving forward knowing what to prioritize.

Also, what's the new meta with infusing? I remember after Forsaken dropped, infusing came with a really high cost. Is it still the case? Should I still only be infusing my guns at the very end, or can I do it more freely now?

not gonna lie, infusion still really sicks, but there are Gunsmith bounties that really help out a lot in getting cores now. Don;t go overboard with the changes coming with Shadowkeep though.

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada
Gonna pass this on in case you don't know (I made this mistake) stop each day as soon as you get your Braytech Schematic because only 1 drops a day. It took me multiple 18 Kelvins before I got the Wolf. The Mars badge bits of Wayfarer is definitely the most brutal because of the RNG. It's only a matter of time until you get it though!

IIRC, this is being changed in the September patch. I'm just an 18 Kelvins away from Wayfarer as well. Can't really be bothered to remember to do the schematic chore every day.

Excellent - really helpful to know. Thanks!

FYI, the quests to unlock the forges become a grind, so don't burn out on them. You also have the Bergusia Forge unlocked from the get go. Menagerie is much better.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Drifter should have a Weekly Gambit a Prime bounty available. It asks you to:

- Play Gambit Prime (4 games if I recall correctly?)
- Complete a Reckoning run at the highest tier you can synth for.

So you begin with a green synthesizer. You do this bounty by completing your Prime games + a Tier 1 run. You are rewarded with a Powerful Helm and your little box of sorrows gets upgraded to blue.

Then you have to wait a week. Then you pick up that same bounty again, except since you have a blue synthesizer you now have to play a Tier 2 Reckoning run to complete the weekly bounty. You are rewarded a powerful Helm again, and the blue box gets upgraded to purple.

Congrats, you can now play Tier 3. The catch is, the Tier 3 Helm won't be in the loot pool until you wait another week and complete the weekly bounty again. It'll reward you with a Helm and ad it to the loot pool so future runs can drop it from then on.
Thanks for writing this up for me! I have the bounty for the T3 helm now, so thatll be what I work toward this week.

About to do the Last Word last step/mission now!

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Who gives a fuck about the bow
*raises hand* I do! Spiteful Fang is fun for no other reason than it's lightweight and kinetic so you can pair it with a fusion or shotgun (or HC or SMG or whatever) and still get some mileage out of it. It's my go-to whenever Banshee has a Bow bounty.
you better take your ass in there and get a frenzy + kill clip fusion. that shit is broken.
Oh? Do tell! I actually have one of these but I haven't used it that much.
Under Pressure/Tap the Trigger or Under Pressure/Rangefinder Erentil's are beasts in PvP.
I'm looking for a Firmly Planted /Rangefinder as well. Crouched / sliding voops from long range can be nasty!

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Yup

9/17 is now the end date for both of em.
Ah yeh, so 3 weeks. Even better than two, for the season title I need:

Notorious set (just hit t3 synth)
Whisper of the Worm (been slacking on this)
Gambit pinnacle (2/3 through for Breakneck)

End of the month was pushing it unless I got really lucky with armour drops.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Ah yeh, so 3 weeks. Even better than two, for the season title I need:

Notorious set (just hit t3 synth)
Whisper of the Worm (been slacking on this)
Gambit pinnacle (2/3 through for Breakneck)

End of the month was pushing it unless I got really lucky with armour drops.
I should probably do it I'm almost half way.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Only reason I went for the title was because it's the only exclusive title in the game. Anybody who doesn't get it after MoT ends can't get it ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.