• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Wasn't that time extended by three weeks?
By 2 I think.... it has been extended though, yes.

• Moments of Triumph has been extended through 9/17.

EDIT: Late as a mofo....

giphy.gif

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
I will probably end MoT with 23/24.

I will keep working at and hopefully find a team for the 5 T3 Reckoning runs needed to get a full set of armor, however, there is little to no way to get the Crucible pinnacle weapon without paying for a recov. It's very unfortunate.....

I feel the same. I need to run those raids. Watching vids of teams beating Scourge in sub 10minutes is crazy.

Scourge is a fun raid and the average team with experience usually runs it in about 35-45 mins. Only the super try-hard/speed running teams can get sub 30 and especially sub 10 min runs.

35 mins is still a great length for a small and quick raid.

astro

Oct 25, 2017

I will keep working at and hopefully find a team for the 5 T3 Reckoning runs needed to get a full set of armor, however, there is little to no way to get the Crucible pinnacle weapon without paying for a recov. It's very unfortunate.....
Revoker? You don't lose points.

Which platform are you on again?

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017

Revoker is absolutely doable since it only asks you get 3500 Glory points, not to reach that level.

It'll be slow if you lose a lot but losses won't set back progress.

Dave_6

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I didn't even think to use Rebuke. I used Loaded Question (isn't that great because of range)

I have one with the same roll I should try out. After my stint as a daddy gun jotunn whore (with tracking nerf, it's only bonus is not the damage not dropping off with distance and that's it) I started using erentil, does Rebuke charge any quicker?

Backup Plan really helps but I had some instances where it felt like it charged super fast.

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017
Destiny community continues to be the best - thanks for the awesome writeups! Very helpful moving forward knowing what to prioritize.

Also, what's the new meta with infusing? I remember after Forsaken dropped, infusing came with a really high cost. Is it still the case? Should I still only be infusing my guns at the very end, or can I do it more freely now?

Don't feel compelled to infuse every step of the way on the LL grind. Unless you're just on the edge of required LL for a particular activity there's really no benefit to being overleveled (with the exception of stuff like Five of Swords handicaps for Nightfall scoring). With Season of Opulence, the LL grind got WAY easier, to the point that you can gain 50 levels in the space of a few weeks, and then move on to the stuff that might actually require 750 LL. Just bank your highest level gear (both weapons and armor) so that it counts towards your average in new drops but actually use your good gear along the way.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Revoker? You don't lose points.

Which platform are you on again?
Revoker is absolutely doable since it only asks you get 3500 Glory points, not to reach that level.

It'll be slow if you lose a lot but losses won't set back progress.

But that means I would have to WIN some matches and hit some "crispy snipes" which I'm terrible at.

I know you have to take like 10 steps back when using a sniper rifle, but I can't get clean shots on thee maps in D2. There are no classic sniper lanes and with roaming supers and everyone using fast moving hunter builds it's tough to get headshots. (not to mention I only average 10-15 kills on a good day. I think I'm at liek 9/500 kills and 5/150 headshots or something like that. I'm pretty bad at PvP....

astro

Oct 25, 2017
But that means I would have to WIN some matches and hit some "crispy snipes" which I'm terrible at.

I know you have to take like 10 steps back when using a sniper rifle, but I can't get clean shots on thee maps in D2. There are no classic sniper lanes and with roaming supers and everyone using fast moving hunter builds it's tough to get headshots. (not to mention I only average 10-15 kills on a good day. I think I'm at liek 9/500 kills and 5/150 headshots or something like that. I'm pretty bad at PvP....
If you're on PC, I could help set up kills for you. I forget which platform everyone is on....

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
I do think you could achieve this if you went for it, I'm sure there are people on discord who would help out.

Of course, it depends how much time you have between now and then...

Unfortunately, I'm your classic "daddy gamer" and I only pay on my TV a few hours a week. The rest of the time I play is intermittently via remote play with my Vita. Yes, I use my Vita daily to play Destiny, lol. It's not viable for PvP or raids though. Although, I did do a full Scourge run (only dying at sparrow part) from my Vita recently.

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017
If Bungie takes one lesson away from Tribute Hall and Solstice of Heroes I really hope it's this one: quest and bounty steps need to be designed to encourage cooperative behavior in matchmade activities, or at the very least not actively disincentivize it. The Calus bounties were already bad at this resulting in a proliferation of people dropping from strikes and Menagerie once they got their 20/50 kills without dying, but EAZ and Gambit during Solstice has really crystallized this. The changes to the miniboss requirements for EAZ are a step in the right direction, but I really feel like it would have been better if they had left it at 100 but made team kills count. As it is, people are still encouraged to either hog kills (depriving others of making progress) or tag a miniboss with 25 damage and move on, which just slows down the overall round miniboss tally. Gambit is just a wasteland of AFKers getting their 10 matches in; they need to do away with simple complete X activities steps and make them at least require some minimum threshold of participation. Likewise, stuff like the Calus bounties should only count if you subsequently complete the activity (really, all bounties and quest steps should work like this and award progress only at the end of the mission).

Bungie has an opportunity to use these types of objectives to shape player behavior into something more amenable to the cooperative gameplay, they just need to be more thoughtful about these types of things.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately, I'm your classic "daddy gamer" and I only pay on my TV a few hours a week. The rest of the time I play is intermittently via remote play with my Vita. Yes, I use my Vita daily to play Destiny, lol. It's not viable for PvP or raids though. Although, I did do a full Scourge run (only dying at sparrow part) from my Vita recently.
I read when you posted that, lol, you should get a title for that alone. :p

And I understand... it sucks when something is out of reach. There are ways to cheese glory though, not sure if we're allowed to talk about it here though... but it's an option.

And I'm pretty sure a large amount of Recluse users either did this or bought recovery....

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Just wanna say I just ordered an SSD (and even an enclosure to put the old HDD in) and I'm so stoked! I feel like with the amount of time I spend playing Destiny, it feels so good knowing I can shave off some waiting time. Makes me wonder how much all of it combined has amounted to throughout my playtime... But man, I'm so ready for Shadowkeep right now.

Now sidenote: Do y'all think I should be restoring the SSD with my old data? I kinda like the notion of an unsullied SSD... was even thinking of keeping the SSD Destiny-exclusive lol. Does it even make a difference? And also, in this age of cloud saves and having all your data in servers, is it worth backing up your old PS4 data? Currently don't have an empty HDD to back up my old stuff anyway and not looking forward to spend more on another external backup HDD.
I just did (yet another) drive swap last night and if you're okay with reinstalling any games, just nuke them to make your backup smaller. You can use a relatively small HDD for backup and restore, but absolutely do this as it retains all of your settings and user accounts and save data. I was already using a 1TB hdd externally for games I just wanted to archive, so I moved the games I didn't want to redownload to that first then did my backup and restore to minimize the time it took to do it. Now I've got 960GB of SSD (from 500GB) and I feel back to where I want my PS4 to be.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA

And I understand... it sucks when something is out of reach. There are ways to cheese glory though, not sure if we're allowed to talk about it here though... but it's an option.

And I'm pretty sure a large amount of Recluse users either did this or bought recovery....

As long as it's not something blatantly illegal or just plain game ruining like DDs'ing peeps, feel free to DM me. I'd lower myself to a "Glory lobby(s)" if it was easily done, lol. I love the sense of accomplishment from doing stuff legit, but I'm not above cheese opportunities, lol.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just realized the best part of Destiny moving to Steam is that Steam Remote Play should work with the game right? Anything that has Steam Link can remote play including iPhones/Apple TV when it releases next month.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Spare Rations is, without a doubt, my favourite primary weapon now. I've always loved perks that make combat feel like a mini-game, outlaw / KC was my favourite for this reason. So rapid hit / multi kill clip is just so much fun, and I would recommend anyone who loves HCs in pve to grind their arses off for this.

I'm going to try to get another with pvp rolls too. It's just incredible to fire.

As long as it's not something blatantly illegal or just plain game ruining like DDs'ing peeps, feel free to DM me. I'd lower myself to a "Glory lobby(s)" if it was easily done, lol. I love the sense of accomplishment from doing stuff legit, but I'm not above cheese opportunities, lol.
Ha, DM sent.

darthbob

One Winged Slayer
Nov 20, 2017
Is there a DestinyERA Discord? Gonna try to go for Revoker this weekend (well, tomorrow and Friday cuz that's my weekend)

The D2 PC LFG discord didn't really pan out well for my PvP quest, peeps just didn't wanna play with someone who is ~1200 glory

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017
I just realized the best part of Destiny moving to Steam is that Steam Remote Play should work with the game right? Anything that has Steam Link can remote play including iPhones/Apple TV when it releases next month.

You can do this now by adding it as a non-Steam shortcut, though you may need to use some helper programs like bnetlauncher, OSOL and GloSC to get it to launch straight into the game without dealing with the Battle.net launcher. It's not perfect, and can be finicky, and sometimes you end up in a weird state where you can't get back to the Steam BPM window or force the Destiny executable to close, but most of the time it works fine. I use it to play via Steam Link on my phone sometimes when I'm away from home.

Native support will definitely make it a lot simpler though. I really hope that the game will fully support the Steam overlay, but i'm slightly worried about given D2's storied history with overlays on PC. Hopefully they'll need to budge on that though to support Steamworks friend listing and invites...

Dec 2, 2017

LOL Corn runs a large & active clan & knows everyone on Discord, he doesn't actually need any of this advice. He's just being avoidant here because like too many people, despite dozens of raid clears he's let the sweatlords in quickplay convince him he's somehow fundamentally inadequate for Crucible.

People refuse to believe it, but going positive really does just require a decent loadout, map & route knowledge, and ingraining the process of which decisions to make in which situations. Add in radar reading, and looking around to see where your teammates names are and flanking the people they're shooting (I figured out literally every PvP streamer eats off this trick) or grouping up so you don't have to sweat it if you can't win your 1v1s yet. That overcomes mortal reaction times & thumbskill enough that you can regularly achieve mediocrity.

And thumbskill does improve, I'm not saying everyone can be in Primal but sucking has a lot to do with the fact that PvP demands certain articulations of thumb muscles that you just haven't been called on to make before. Put the time in and the brain _will_ make at least some of those connections over weeks & months. It's not about being 17 or whatever.

I speak from being well experienced at life as a Crucible punching bag who is still average on his best day, just pick a loadout & commit to it so you can learn the ins & outs of those weapons' recoil, range & weaknesses. What situations you can win and where you need to insta-bail. Keep doing at least Shaxx's bounties every day. After a while you've seen enough situations on every map that it stops being unfamiliar or intimidating.

Also, follow PvP youtubers. Because the game is first person, you're always seeing their routes, decisions, use of cover & process of target acquisition first hand, and if you're actively engaged in watching you'll internalize some of this over time too.

All this took me from like no competitive FPS experience and a .76 KD in D1 to being able to solo Luna's Howl, Revoker & Recluse. (Don't ask about Moutaintop, I can't help me with that either).

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
These jackasses still only have enhanced hand cannon loader and targeting, nothing enhanced for other primaries. Insane.

I mean, obviously hand cannons need the help. Just being four times as strong as everything else wasnt enough.

Also notice no one at bungie plays a hunter

Last edited:

Hawkeye 131

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I sincerely hope they drastically increase the rates and frequency that we acquire enhancement cores and whatever new currencies they've created for this new system because it does not look cheap...

astro

Oct 25, 2017
LOL Corn runs a large & active clan & knows everyone on Discord, he doesn't actually need any of this advice. He's just being avoidant here because like too many people, despite dozens of raid clears he's let the sweatlords in quickplay convince him he's somehow fundamentally inadequate for Crucible.

People refuse to believe it, but going positive really does just require a decent loadout, map & route knowledge, and ingraining the process of which decisions to make in which situations. Add in radar reading, and looking around to see where your teammates names are and flanking the people they're shooting (I figured out literally every PvP streamer eats off this trick) or grouping up so you don't have to sweat it if you can't win your 1v1s yet. That overcomes mortal reaction times & thumbskill enough that you can regularly achieve mediocrity.

And thumbskill does improve, I'm not saying everyone can be in Primal but sucking has a lot to do with the fact that PvP demands certain articulations of thumb muscles that you just haven't been called on to make before. Put the time in and the brain _will_ make at least some of those connections over weeks & months. It's not about being 17 or whatever.

I speak from being well experienced at life as a Crucible punching bag who is still average on his best day, just pick a loadout & commit to it so you can learn the ins & outs of those weapons' recoil, range & weaknesses. What situations you can win and where you need to insta-bail. Keep doing at least Shaxx's bounties every day. After a while you've seen enough situations on every map that it stops being unfamiliar or intimidating.

Also, follow PvP youtubers. Because the game is first person, you're always seeing their routes, decisions, use of cover & process of target acquisition first hand, and if you're actively engaged in watching you'll internalize some of this over time too.

All this took me from like no competitive FPS experience and a .76 KD in D1 to being able to solo Luna's Howl, Revoker & Recluse. (Don't ask about Moutaintop, I can't help me with that either).
It's a lot of focus and work to shift your pvp mindset if you're negative, and even super active players will find that hard work. It has nothing to do with how active you are and how good you are at pve, it's a completely different mindset.

It's also a time issue, and Corn said he doesn't have much right now to focus on pvp.

So yeh, this is all good in theory....

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
So like, as a lowkey casual player who likes the gameplay and missions and the story, and exploring and... Stuff, is all I have to come back to post-Forsaken Campaign just a lot of grind and low-budget quests? I'm genuinely asking because I logged in yesterday and picked up a lot of quests, first time in a year, and I quickly got the impression that the core of the post-campaign stuff and Annual pass is purely this largely text-based format and just grinding for gear.

Is that a fair assumption? Any lore nerds or experiential geeks here who can sell me on it?

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
To those not watcing the stream;

All old armor will become 2.0 but you need to refarm them once shadowkeep drops

Dec 2, 2017
It's a lot of focus and work to shift your pvp mindset if you're negative, and even super active players will find that hard work. It has nothing to do with how active you are and how good you are at pve, it's a completely different mindset.

It's also a time issue, and Corn said he doesn't have much right now to focus on pvp.

So yeh, this is all good in theory....
I kind of shifted towards addressing people in general who think they can't do it. That said, I know he's got limitations on his particular situation, but I've also played with him so I know his skill base is better than he thinks. I don't think there's some huge difference between us if he wants to go for it.

As for PvE vs. PvP...in some ways it's totally different (targets are way more aggressive, move way more & faster, & have smaller hit boxes), but in others it does translate. Like if you run a sniper in PvE all day picking off adds & can get quick at it, that absolutely will have you well warmed up if you jump into Crucible.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I kind of shifted towards addressing people in general who think they can't do it. That said, I know he's got limitations on his particular situation, but I've also played with him so I know his skill base is better than he thinks. I don't think there's some huge difference between us if he wants to go for it.

As for PvE vs. PvP...in some ways it's totally different (targets are way more aggressive, move way more & faster, & have smaller hit boxes), but in others it does translate. Like if you run a sniper in PvE all day picking off adds & can get quick at it, that absolutely will have you well warmed up if you jump into Crucible.
It's not about skill difference, at all. I think the majority of players here could hit Fabled if they focused on shifting their mindset, relearing their bad habits, grabbing a meta loadout they're happy with, and teaming up with other focused players.... but that does take extra effort and foucs and time.

And that is the part that's beyond a lot of people, it's not a skill issue. Plenty of sub 1.0 players have legit hit Fabled, it isn't particularly difficult in terms of required pvp raw talent.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Spare Rations is, without a doubt, my favourite primary weapon now. I've always loved perks that make combat feel like a mini-game, outlaw / KC was my favourite for this reason. So rapid hit / multi kill clip is just so much fun, and I would recommend anyone who loves HCs in pve to grind their arses off for this.

I'm going to try to get another with pvp rolls too. It's just incredible to fire.
I'm definitely going for one. Got any recommendations for pvp rolls? I just got my first Service Revolver from a Strike, but that handcannon doesn't really pack a punch. I do love using the Austringer tho, but 150 RPM HCs are a better archetype and I want to try one out.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
And that is the part that's beyond a lot of people, it's not a skill issue. Plenty of sub 1.0 players have legit hit Fabled, it isn't particularly difficult in terms of required pvp raw talent.
This is literally me except I'm only 1808 and not Fabled yet. But even getting to this level was something I never would have thought possible back in the day. And most of my improvement is just from watching people who are better than I am and copying what they are doing and practicing that as often as I can. Practice, practice, practice if you want to be better. If it worked for me it can work for anyone.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Absolutely loved what they talked about. So many good quality of life features and the new 2.0 system sounds amazing. Not to mention all armor is 2.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.