• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Seeing that battle pass thing is so a instant turn off for me.
I used to play Smite until they introduced a battle pass. It was such a grind and I had to basically play it every day to complete it, leaving no time for any other games, like Destiny.

I gave up Smite and haven't looked back.

Destiny's battle pass appears similar, but I'm guessing that you level up the battle pass by leveling up your characters. Considering that you get rested XP every week on each character, that's 9 easy levels every week.

If that's how it work, I have no doubt that it can be done without a huge grind.

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't been paying that close of attention of late (busy with other games - Remnant, Control, Gears, GreedFall, B3) but with Armor 2.0 on the horizon it's safe to dismantle all existing armor as it won't roll over or be upgradable to the 2.0 version, right? Essentially you can just keep the few builds of armor sets you will start Shadowkeep with and break down the rest for mats/shards?

Last edited:

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
I haven't been paying that close of attention of late (busy with other games - Remnant, Control, Gears, GreedFall, B3) but with Armor 2.0 on the horizon it's safe to dismantle all existing armor as it won't roll over or be upgradable to the 2.0 version, right? Essentially you can just keep the few builds of armor sets you will start Shadowkeep with and break down the rest for mats/shards?
Yes.

Keep the ones with good perks cause those will still work and will come in handy while you start unlocking the new armor mods.

demi

Oct 27, 2017

Bungie pretty much said that the intention is that you would keep using your "current" setups in the early game (and possibly the raid) and as you build your collection and mods and such, you will move over to 2.0 Armor.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
"Filled" is a bit hyperbolic in my experience. I noticed a large amount during Solstice, but usually it doesn't feel that common... and I play across all modes regularly.

I don't think this pass will do that... but we'll have to wait and see.

They had a huge issue with gambit just a week or so ago, enitre teams of afk running out the clocks.

Since I went back to pc last season don't think I've had a game of pvp or gambit without at least one afker usally 2 or 3. Could be because I mostly play off peak hours but still.

Only going to get worse with something like this, pc gamer want shit easy, set up a bot before work and reap the beinfits while fucking over any one it auto joins you with. Welcome to PC destiny

astro

Oct 25, 2017
They had a huge issue with gambit just a week or so ago, enitre teams of afk running out the clocks.

Since I went back to pc last season don't think I've had a game of pvp or gambit without at least one afker usally 2 or 3. Could be because I mostly play off peak hours but still.

Only going to get worse with something like this, pc gamer want shit easy, set up a bot before work and reap the beinfits while fucking over any one it auto joins you with. Welcome to PC destiny

Gambit is definitely the mode that is most affected, but I've not seen many AFKs since the Solsrice event.

I don't think this pass is going to introduce more, at least not significantly. We already have so many bars to fill and this is just more of that, right?

I play a lot of pvp, AFK is nowhere near 1 every game for me... definitely not 2-3, but that's anecdotal of course.

OldBenKenobi

Oct 25, 2017
Q

I am 100% PC now and have been since cross save was active and I hardly see AFKers on. Hell, most of my activities like PvP or gambit are always full. Maybe it's just you.

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017

Bungie needs to start being smarter about the way they design these quests to encourage desired behavior instead of cheeses like that. Every single "complete n matches of Gambit" step needs to be replaced with something like "Bank at least 10 motes in n Gambit matches". Also, every bounty that's not completable in patrol zones should require completion of the activity before progress is counted. I can't count the number of Menagerie matches that ended up down multiple people when everyone was trying to get kills for the Tribute Hall bounties.

Amibguous Cad

Oct 25, 2017
Do I have to pay an additional 10 bucks for the first quarters' season pass, or is it included in the purchase of the expansion?

Feb 4, 2018
Do I have to pay an additional 10 bucks for the first quarters' season pass, or is it included in the purchase of the expansion?

Edit: I didn't read your question correctly the first time and responded as if you were asking about the Season of the Undying.

Season of the Undying will be included with Shadowkeep and all seasons after that can be purchased all at once through the season pass or a la carte for $10 each.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
So, I was reading about cross-save and apparently your purchases don't transfer from console to console.

Given that the expansions increase the power level does it mean that if I'm playing on Playstation with a character that has a power level above the base (since I own it and play it on the XBOX) I won't get relevant loot?

I'm going to try to get a friend into Destiny once it's f2p but the fact that cross-save isn't really cross-save unless I buy the expansions twice is kind of a bummer. Like, will the season pass even progress across platforms?

Nov 14, 2017
So, I was reading about cross-save and apparently your purchases don't transfer from console to console.

Given that the expansions increase the power level does it mean that if I'm playing on Playstation with a character that has a power level above the base (since I own it and play it on the XBOX) I won't get relevant loot?

I'm going to try to get a friend into Destiny once it's f2p but the fact that cross-save isn't really cross-save unless I buy the expansions twice is kind of a bummer. Like, will the season pass even progress across platforms?
Seasons are cross buy, expansions (Forsaken, Shadowkeep) aren't.

So, you can get everything for £80 across two platform by buying deluxe SK on one platform and base version on another. You'll also get some free silver for your trouble.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
My K/D is up to 1.25 in QP and climbing. Learning snipers has really made me focus on my game to maximise kills per round.

I'm down to 1.16 in comp, but I took a big hit early on in the Revoker quest due to sucking with snipers.

I'm going to aim to get up to 1.5 overall. I think I can manage that despite my ageing skills. I wish I'd had this game when I was in my teens/early 20s, alas...

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Seasons are cross buy, expansions (Forsaken, Shadowkeep) aren't.

So, you can get everything for £80 across two platform by buying deluxe SK on one platform and base version on another. You'll also get some free silver for your trouble.

Okay, seasons being cross-progression is better.

I doubt my friend will get the expansion but at least I can play with him and progress my season pass or something. Altought I'm not sure the drops would apply to my power level if I don't have the expansion on Playstation?

panama chief

Oct 27, 2017
Destiny is filled with people trying to AFK for shit as is, add this in there and Jesus help up. Bots going all day ruining everything. I had a regular strike this morning with 2 AFKers, what could they possible be farming on a regular strike....

Anything that adds to this kinda of behavior is killing the game for me.

I'm already in for the pass since I got the bundle on steam but man I wish they would stop this crap until they figure out how to manage afk people as is.

I'm going to assume you're on PC. You rarely if at all see AFK on consoles.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
iB3K37.png

/revokerget

Damn, that feels good. I was having a horrible time with sniper kills, but they recently clicked and now I love the weapon type. With a sniper ammo scavenger I'm constantly topped up, and there's nothing more satisfying than a string of headshots, or putting down a fleeing enemy after a sweaty 1v1.

I only have MT to work on now, but that's going to involve learning GLs from the ground up. I have my Lion's Rampart and a bunch of others ready to go, but I think I'll save it for later.

I'm excited for the changes to pvp, especially solo Q comp. I would love to legit hit Legend legit... I'm not sure if it's going to be possible for me, but I didn't think I'd be able to get good enough to hit fabled and score these weapons either.

Looking forward to pushing myself.

I'm going to assume you're on PC. You rarely if at all see AFK on consoles.
I'm on PC, they're not that common for me either.

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017

All gear and progress that you earn on a platform that are tied to a particular paid entitlement will still be available on all platforms once you're earned them. As an example, if you purchase Shadowkeep on Playstation and earn the raid armor there you can still use it on Xbox. For things like exotic quests that require the paid expansion, it's not clear whether you can pick those up on the paid platform and continue to make progress on them on the alt platforms, but I would suspect that you'll still be able to do still like "get x number of kills" but not specific missions. Power levels will increased every season as part of the F2P base offering, so that is no longer tied to purchasing anything.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
All gear and progress that you earn on a platform that are tied to a particular paid entitlement will still be available on all platforms once you're earned them. As an example, if you purchase Shadowkeep on Playstation and earn the raid armor there you can still use it on Xbox. For things like exotic quests that require the paid expansion, it's not clear whether you can pick those up on the paid platform and continue to make progress on them on the alt platforms, but I would suspect that you'll still be able to do still like "get x number of kills" but not specific missions. Power levels will increased every season as part of the F2P base offering, so that is no longer tied to purchasing anything.

Thanks.

Power levels was my doubt. I didn't know if they were tied to the expansions like before so if I was playing on the platform without the expansion I wouldn't be able to get gear at my power level.

Nov 14, 2017
Okay, seasons being cross-progression is better.

I doubt my friend will get the expansion but at least I can play with him and progress my season pass or something. Altought I'm not sure the drops would apply to my power level if I don't have the expansion on Playstation?
Forsaken is only £20 all platform right now, and might be even cheaper after SK launches. So, you can easily play the free version with your friend and convince them to get Forsaken (which now has all the AP content included) if it hooks them.

But yea, you should be able to progress the season pass I think? Season of the Undying would be cross save, which means you should actually get the paid track of the season pass to drop on all platforms. Plus, I think PL restrictions are being lifted when New Light hits. I know every bit of gear we have is being raised to 750, and all new guardians will start at 750.

So, really all you're missing on non-SK platforms is SK content like the new raid, story missions, vex offensive, etc.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Forsaken is only £20 all platform right now, and might be even cheaper after SK launches. So, you can easily play the free version with your friend and convince them to get Forsaken (which now has all the AP content included) if it hooks them.

But yea, you should be able to progress the season pass I think? Season of the Undying would be cross save, which means you should actually get the paid track of the season pass to drop on all platforms. Plus, I think PL restrictions are being lifted when New Light hits. I know every bit of gear we have is being raised to 750, and all new guardians will start at 750.

So, really all you're missing on non-SK platforms is SK content like the new raid, story missions, vex offensive, etc.

Nice. Thanks!

If he likes the game enough I guess I could double dip to play that content with him. If not I'm happy with progressing the season pass and playing the other stuff on Xbox.

I'm also assuming since the game will be F2P that it doesn't need PS Plus to play online. Or else my plan won't work lol

Nov 14, 2017
Nice. Thanks!

If he likes the game enough I guess I could double dip to play that content with him. If not I'm happy with progressing the season pass and playing the other stuff on Xbox.

I'm also assuming since the game will be F2P that it doesn't need PS Plus to play online. Or else my plan won't work lol
You still need PS+, unfortunately 😿

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
I think I lost a GREAT roll of Trust and a pretty good roll of Night Watch thanks to Postmaster overflow.

God damn it.

someday

Oct 25, 2017
Destiny is filled with people trying to AFK for shit as is, add this in there and Jesus help up. Bots going all day ruining everything. I had a regular strike this morning with 2 AFKers, what could they possible be farming on a regular strike....

I'm already in for the pass since I got the bundle on steam but man I wish they would stop this crap until they figure out how to manage afk people as is.
I've been playing a ton of gambit and gambit prime for the last few weeks and I haven't noticed this at all. I've played over 30 matches to finish Breakneck, then a few more to reset, finally started the Drifter allegiance quests on 2 other characters, and everything else I missed for the past 5 months and I still haven't seen that much afk stuff on PC. I've actually been pleasantly surprised by how straightforward the games have been. And Gambit prime really isn't that bad at all.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
My K/D is up to 1.25 in QP and climbing. Learning snipers has really made me focus on my game to maximise kills per round.

I'm down to 1.16 in comp, but I took a big hit early on in the Revoker quest due to sucking with snipers.

I'm going to aim to get up to 1.5 overall. I think I can manage that despite my ageing skills. I wish I'd had this game when I was in my teens/early 20s, alas...
I hear you. More than once I thought to myself "if only I was a little bit faster....." But even with that I am happy to have accomplished those things this season and look forward to using the skills and rewards from this season in next season.
iB3K37.png

/revokerget

Damn, that feels good. I was having a horrible time with sniper kills, but they recently clicked and now I love the weapon type. With a sniper ammo scavenger I'm constantly topped up, and there's nothing more satisfying than a string of headshots, or putting down a fleeing enemy after a sweaty 1v1.

I only have MT to work on now, but that's going to involve learning GLs from the ground up. I have my Lion's Rampart and a bunch of others ready to go, but I think I'll save it for later.

I'm excited for the changes to pvp, especially solo Q comp. I would love to legit hit Legend legit... I'm not sure if it's going to be possible for me, but I didn't think I'd be able to get good enough to hit fabled and score these weapons either.

Looking forward to pushing myself.

I'm on PC, they're not that common for me either.
Mountaintop easymode: Heavy GL with proximity nades and a blast radius MW. Get heavy. Shoot at their feet. Kills within 3 seconds count as double kills so once you get some practice you can go to where team fights are happening and sometimes get back to back kills. Calculated Trajectory medals just take a bit of patience but were easier for me than the double kills because you have to play more cautiously until you secure that 3rd GL kill. Either way, good luck!

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017

Thats just inferior pc for you. "As if destiny people didnt like to cheat enough" is the official pc destiny slogan.

ThatOneGuy

Dec 3, 2018
Lol inferior pc. Just because you run into people afking doesn't mean that's what the majority of people are doing. I afk in forges for days at a time to build up on materials and shards but I do it responsibly at a low light level.

Also fuck outta here with people "cheating" on pc.

Last edited:

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I hear you. More than once I thought to myself "if only I was a little bit faster....." But even with that I am happy to have accomplished those things this season and look forward to using the skills and rewards from this season in next season.

Mountaintop easymode: Heavy GL with proximity nades and a blast radius MW. Get heavy. Shoot at their feet. Kills within 3 seconds count as double kills so once you get some practice you can go to where team fights are happening and sometimes get back to back kills. Calculated Trajectory medals just take a bit of patience but were easier for me than the double kills because you have to play more cautiously until you secure that 3rd GL kill. Either way, good luck!

This wont work, drum launchers are the absolute worst. What youll end up finding is multi kills will take far longer than the other two parts. Use colony and sneak up on groups of people with hunter invis (6th coyote and a couple paragon mods) and dump the mag and pray. It might work about 50% of the time as rng. And its going to take a long time, because getting heavy is rare. It will be basically impossible to get double kills with breech launchers, but you might as well carry them for the other steps, theyll help there, and its sort of fun to get decent with them. Dont use fighting lion its awful cant ohk, and noone uses it. you can try to tether multiple and kill one with breech and it will kill all tethered and count as a multi, however this is basically impossible also, for one thing deploying tether is a death sentence on yourself 90% of the time. Ib is supposed to give double progress, so it should be a lot easier this week. I think it took me about two weeks, so with double progress maybe one. As always its possible things are different on pc, but this is the way to go at least on console.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
What do you mean it wont work? It's the exact method I used to complete the quest.

it didnt work for me, they have hitboxes the size of a thumbnail, and very little blast radius either. i'm sure it could work, but i need a potato solution. once again it might be a little different on pc.

funny thing is i dont mind drum launchers as a backup heavy for fun, but thats under normal conditions when i'm not stressing over multi kills pressure.

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017
I'll never understand how people have this issue

I'll never understand how Destiny's litany of QoL and UX sins attract so many apologists. Postmaster behavior could be vastly improved by favoring purples over blues on overflow (or better yet, just auto-dismantling blues) and warning you that it's full when it's actually useful (like when you're in orbit about to start a new activity) instead of waiting until you've actually gotten to the tower and things have already been pushed out. But inevitably, whenever these shortcomings are brought up it's always just a chorus of "well just don't do that, check your postmaster more often, dummy". Same thing happens when people complain about how easy it is to delete huge stacks of mod components or enhancement cores (which, to Bungie's credit, is getting a band-aid but not really a proper solution). Instead of talking about ways that the UX could be improved those conversations inevitably devolve into people acting high and mighty about their own god-tier Solstice Package opening skills. The community needs to keep on Bungie to fix these bad UX elements, not just dogpile on people who get burned by them

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.