- Oct 27, 2017
Redoing the OP now that this is officially confirmed from Bungie's stream.
- Beginning September 17th, the game will be renamed to Destiny 2: New Light. Alongside this, it will be made free to play on all platforms, and will include the following content for free:
- The base Destiny 2 game
- The Curse of Osiris expansion
- The Warmind expansion
- Crucible (the PvP mode)
- Gambit (the PvPvE mode originally introduced as part of Forsaken)
- Patrol areas from later expansions, including Forsaken and Shadowkeep (the Tangled Shore, the Dreaming City, the Moon, etc.)
- The Forsaken and Shadowkeep expansions, as well as Forsaken's Annual Pass, will still be paid purchases. Additionally, there will be a Shadowkeep Annual Pass; however, you will also be able to just buy the Shadowkeep seasons individually if you would prefer.
- You are now able to purchase Forsaken and the Forsaken Annual Pass for $40 USD. Buying this bundle gives you immediate access to them, as well as the base game and first two expansions.
- Shadowkeep will cost $35. There is also a $60 version that includes Shadowkeep and its Annual Pass. The cost of the pass's individual seasons is not currently known.
- Shadowkeep does not require you to own Forsaken or the Forsaken Annual Pass.
- Beginning September 17th, PlayStation will no longer receive exclusive new content (weapons, strikes, etc.). All new content will be made available for all players on all platforms at the same time.
- Cross-saving is being added to the game for allplatforms (PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Google Stadia, PC). Original reporting/rumors/leaks suggested that PS4 would be excluded from this, but that is not the case.
- To enable cross-save, you must choose one existing set of characters from one platform to be your characters for all platforms going forward. Your silver balances from all platforms will be merged, and your season purchases will also carry over for all platforms. However, expansions must still be purchased for any platform you play on in order to play their content on that platform.
- On September 17th, the PC version of the game will migrate from Battle.net to Steam. Once this happens, the Battle.net version of the game will no longer be playable.
- All characters, account progression, and purchases from the Battle.net version of the game (including expansions, Eververse transactions, etc.) will carry over to Steam via a transfer that will be performed on Bungie.net.
PLAY FOR FREE — 09.17.19
Dive right into the world of Destiny to experience responsive first-person shooter combat, to explore rich worlds with sweeping vistas and stunning visuals, and to earn an arsenal of powerful weapons and armor. Bring your personalized Guardian into a large variety of activities and modes - from cooperative quests, competitive modes, challenging endgame activities, and more.
Destiny 2: New Light launches September 17, 2019 and is free to play on every supported platform.
BUILD YOUR LEGEND.
Create and personalize your Guardian. Devastate your enemies by unleashing incredible super abilities. Grow more powerful by hunting and collecting a handcrafted arsenal of Legendary and Exotic weapons, armor, and gear to customize your playstyle.
Dive into the rich world of Destiny and quickly join your fellow Guardians to complete adventures and earn powerful rewards.
Cooperate with friends or choose matchmaking to conquer a huge variety of social activities and events.
Compete against other players across a full suite of competitive PvP maps, modes, and activities, and test your skills in Gambit - an intense, tactical activity that blends cooperative and competitive play.