• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
  • Cross-save will be added for Xbox One, PC, and Google Stadia. No PS4 support for now

fuck you sony. Seriously

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Pretty cool, kind of shitty that PS4 doesn't have cross saves, Sony seriously needs to get over this not participating in cross save/play shit at this point. Regardless my time with Destiny as a franchise is over and I'm never going back but this is a good move by Bungie for sure.

Parasyte29

May 12, 2019
Wow, I wonder how they were able to get out of that PS4 deal? Like they must have had to sell their souls to Satan to be freed from both Activision and Sony.
Surprisingly not. From what I can gather, the Sony deal was strictly an Activision thing and was set to expire this Fall anyway.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
So this means Microsoft can run advertisement for it finally and won't have to rely on sneaky but humourous stuff like this anymore? Shackles have been broken
destiny-cologne-xbox-microsoft.png

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
This feels like a slap to people who payed full price

There isn't one piece of gaming media that you can't get cheaper further down the line than people who paid full price at first. Even online games do it eventually. I don't complain when people buy games for 1$ 5 years after i buy it for 50-60$

CrazyAndy

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nice move, but I've been done with Destiny for a long time and this will not bring me back.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
While it sucks, I think this is the reason why PS4 is not included.

Going forward, no more content will be made exclusive to one platform over others. All platforms will have the same access to all content at the same time

Note that this says no more content will be made exclusive. This seemingly doesn't include previous content, only new content going forward. So they won't let PS4 use the cross-save system because they don't want someone on PC/Xbox to go to PS4, get that exclusive gear/guns, and then go back to PC/Xbox.

So it's likely the deal with Sony is still in effect in some way.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
That would be genuinely cool as hell.

And hilariously dumb, again, to see that it looks like crossave is everything but ps4. Your save is basically being locked there. That is not what anyone on a ps4 wants sony, for fucks sake.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sony not allowing cross-saves is the most irritating and asinine part of all this. Why did they have to be the one to piss in our Lucky Charms?

Doesn't Sony already allow cross-saves and cross-progression with Fortnite?

Deleted member 11214

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wish this wasn't leaked because it seems pretty exciting.

While I do feel bad for those that do use Blizzard Launcher but not Steam, I'm personally excited for it to come to Steam because it's hard for me to round up people to play the game. Maybe it's a generational thing, but all of my friends and family that game on PC use Steam as their social hub rather than Discord or something similar. But yeah, I'm terrified something similar will happen with Rocket League where Epic just yanks it off Steam for the EGS in which case I and everyone I know will just cease to play it forever.

So, about the monetization structure, because I'm super early on in my D2 run, can you buy progress or just cosmetics with money?

Oct 25, 2017
Sony not allowing cross-saves is the most irritating and asinine part of all this. Why did they have to be the one to piss in our Lucky Charms?

Developer: Can we have cross-play, cross-save and all that other great stuff?
Sony: Heads for yes, tails for no *FLIPS COIN*

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Note that this says no more content will be made exclusive. This seemingly doesn't include previous content, only new content going forward. So they won't let PS4 use the cross-save system because they don't want someone on PC/Xbox to go to PS4, get that exclusive gear/guns, and then go back to PC/Xbox.

In September (or maybe sometime before that) all the Sony exclusives expire anyway. This is just about Sony being petty. Too bad they aren't at E3 for people to grill them over it.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017

Sure, but outside some cosmetic skins in Fortnite, there is no exclusive content.

What people are misunderstanding from the article is that the previous PS4 exclusive content isn't being made for everyone. Meaning, those weapons and gear are still exclusive. This likely prevents a PS4 user from going to PC and Xbox with those exclusive stuff. Same with a PC/Xbox user going to PS4 temporarily to get that gear and then jump back.

In September (or maybe sometime before that) all the Sony exclusives expire anyway. This is just about Sony being petty. Too bad they aren't at E3 for people to grill them over it.

If this move to F2P happens before September, then this could be only a temporary thing.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
One thing that makes me curious is that it feels a bit odd to now have Destiny 2 F2P... while if you want the start of the story, you've got to pay. Wonder if there's going to be any movement on that front.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017

The way the PlayStation-exclusive stuff has worked in the past is that it becomes available for other platforms after roughly a year (though I think it took longer for the Taken King content in the first game). By the time all of this happens, it should be available to other players.

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017
So have people started crying for some sort of "ambassador program" yet and about how it's so unfair to the people who bought the game?

I'm sure they have.

AmbientRuin

Apr 18, 2019
Sure, but outside some cosmetic skins in Fortnite, there is no exclusive content.

What people are misunderstanding from the article is that the previous PS4 exclusive content isn't being made for everyone. Meaning, those weapons and gear are still exclusive. This likely prevents a PS4 user from going to PC and Xbox with those exclusive stuff. Same with a PC/Xbox user going to PS4 temporarily to get that gear and then jump back.
The exclusive gear stops being exclusive in September when this expansion launches and the game goes free to play with the cross save stuff.
It's Sony being Sony

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

After kicking and screaming for awhile, they did.

That was particularly shitty because your couldn't unlink your ps4 account at all so everything was locked to the platform. But I'm in the same situation here, again, where I played Destiny 2 on PS4 and would want to move the save elsewhere.

All this does is make me never want to tie an account to a sony product in the future. Solid work there.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I wonder how they will address no cross save on PS4? Look at the camera and have them tell gamers to tweet Sony?

If they could allow crossplay with COD they can allow cross save with this

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
By Year One content does that include the Warmind and Osiris DLC's ?

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017

No, the current exclusive content (1 strike, 1 pvp map and 1 weapon) will be available to Xbox and PC players in September, after that there will be no exclusives.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sony going into next gen pissing everyone off from developers to consumers sure is a strategy.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if cross-save will finally come to PS4 once their exclusive content deal expires in the fall.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
This is the right call.
Make Destiny 2 the sole Destiny client going forwards, update the engine over time like Warframe does if needed but don't switch over anymore, and F2P.

Also thank God we are rid of battle.net's regional friendlist now.