• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Redoing the OP now that this is officially confirmed from Bungie's stream.

• Beginning September 17th, the game will be renamed to Destiny 2: New Light. Alongside this, it will be made free to play on all platforms, and will include the following content for free:
    • The base Destiny 2 game
    • The Curse of Osiris expansion
    • The Warmind expansion
    • Crucible (the PvP mode)
    • Gambit (the PvPvE mode originally introduced as part of Forsaken)
    • Patrol areas from later expansions, including Forsaken and Shadowkeep (the Tangled Shore, the Dreaming City, the Moon, etc.)
  • The Forsaken and Shadowkeep expansions, as well as Forsaken's Annual Pass, will still be paid purchases. Additionally, there will be a Shadowkeep Annual Pass; however, you will also be able to just buy the Shadowkeep seasons individually if you would prefer.
    • You are now able to purchase Forsaken and the Forsaken Annual Pass for $40 USD. Buying this bundle gives you immediate access to them, as well as the base game and first two expansions.
    • Shadowkeep will cost $35. There is also a $60 version that includes Shadowkeep and its Annual Pass. The cost of the pass's individual seasons is not currently known.
    • Shadowkeep does not require you to own Forsaken or the Forsaken Annual Pass.
  • Beginning September 17th, PlayStation will no longer receive exclusive new content (weapons, strikes, etc.). All new content will be made available for all players on all platforms at the same time.
  • Cross-saving is being added to the game for allplatforms (PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Google Stadia, PC). Original reporting/rumors/leaks suggested that PS4 would be excluded from this, but that is not the case.
    • To enable cross-save, you must choose one existing set of characters from one platform to be your characters for all platforms going forward. Your silver balances from all platforms will be merged, and your season purchases will also carry over for all platforms. However, expansions must still be purchased for any platform you play on in order to play their content on that platform.
  • On September 17th, the PC version of the game will migrate from Battle.net to Steam. Once this happens, the Battle.net version of the game will no longer be playable.
    • All characters, account progression, and purchases from the Battle.net version of the game (including expansions, Eververse transactions, etc.) will carry over to Steam via a transfer that will be performed on Bungie.net.
Additionally, some information on the free-to-play version from Bungie's website:

PLAY FOR FREE — 09.17.19
Dive right into the world of Destiny to experience responsive first-person shooter combat, to explore rich worlds with sweeping vistas and stunning visuals, and to earn an arsenal of powerful weapons and armor. Bring your personalized Guardian into a large variety of activities and modes - from cooperative quests, competitive modes, challenging endgame activities, and more.
Destiny 2: New Light launches September 17, 2019 and is free to play on every supported platform.

BUILD YOUR LEGEND.
Create
and personalize your Guardian. Devastate your enemies by unleashing incredible super abilities. Grow more powerful by hunting and collecting a handcrafted arsenal of Legendary and Exotic weapons, armor, and gear to customize your playstyle.
Dive into the rich world of Destiny and quickly join your fellow Guardians to complete adventures and earn powerful rewards.
Cooperate with friends or choose matchmaking to conquer a huge variety of social activities and events.
Compete against other players across a full suite of competitive PvP maps, modes, and activities, and test your skills in Gambit - an intense, tactical activity that blends cooperative and competitive play.

Last edited:

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Ho-ly fuck

What a bombshell. Free to play could revitalize PvP. Can't wait.

"Going forward, no more content will be made exclusive to one platform over others. All platforms will have the same access to all content at the same time"

Loving this too.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Well, color me surprised. I might actually try it this time.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
  • Once Shadowkeep launches on September 17th, the base game will go free-to-play and include "all year one content, including "foundational modes, activities and rewards.""
What that's huge

Jamie

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't really felt like checking out Destiny 2, but for free? I might give it a crack, see if I can get the sickness back.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Hey! My 400 hours with all the best exotics on PS4 will be able to be cross-saved on PC!!!

Right?

...Right?????

Deleted member 32679

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
This feels like a slap to people who payed full price.
Edit: forgot Destiny 2 came out 2 years ago. Felt like I played the demo yesterday

Last edited:

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Really curious to see if they will be able to let players move their save from PS4 to other platforms.

Edit: oh

A new cross-save feature allows players to access the same characters from their primary account on different platforms, though for now this is only for Xbox and PC, not PS4.

Colloco

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
florida
User Banned (3 Days): Portbegging despite previous warning, multiple accumulated infractions
You know what would make this even crazier? switch port. boom.

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is more like it Bungie. I was bitter after what you did to long time fans this generation but you have my attention now.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
"The game will also debut on Google's cloud gaming platform, which is due to launch in November."

Ayyy

MAX PAYMENT

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Here's the article

wz8y64R_d.jpg

oUNnfhQ_d.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Updated the OP with a bulletpoint I forgot:

• Cross-save will be added for Xbox One, PC, and Google Stadia. No PS4 support for now

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit. This is huge.

Praise the gods for the end of the exclusivity deal. Waiting an entire year for more content was absolutely BS.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Woah. It finally happened. Should have happened with D1 of course but it finally happened.

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wow, I wonder how they were able to get out of that PS4 deal? Like they must have had to sell their souls to Satan to be freed from both Activision and Sony.

Deleted member 9584

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They should ditch the 2 and call it "Destiny: New Light" and use it as the base for ALL expansions going forward.