• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slythe

Oct 26, 2017
This feels like a slap to people who payed full price

I mean I bought it full price, but that was two years ago? The base game has already been dirt cheap for a while. Not to mention if you've been playing from day 1 you've had two years of access to the game, so the $60 wasn't exactly lit on fire.

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
What a disaster. Becoming more and more clear why Activision bounced.

Nov 14, 2017
This is pretty much what I expected when they announced the split from Activision. When D2 went free on battle.net and was a PS+ game, lots of new players came in and found that Destiny is basically fun, despite all often warranted criticism.

Sucks about the lack of PSN cross save though. I know a lot of players who've already jumped ship to PC, but I can't face grinding out all my gear again. The September content drop might just be the best place to cut my losses and move over though.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Wow. That's a big move, and a welcome one. Transitioning towards just one ever-living game I assume is the goal, one I'm looking forward to.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
Is part of this due to Bungie and Activision ending their partnership? Interesting if Bungie has managed to retain all the rights to the game and is free to move it to any platform(s) that it wants (removing from Battle.net and putting it on Steam).

BuBu Jenkins

Oct 27, 2017
This feels like a slap to people who payed full price

tenor.gif

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Holy shit! Yeah I will definitely start playing it then. They aren't with Acti anymore and look what they do, wow.

digifire

Oct 25, 2017
I payed 60 euros for this day one, do we seriously not get anything, not even like a tag or something?

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
That's big. Goddamn.

I kinda expected them to ditch the '2' in the name and eventually port forward the D1 content into the D2 framework, though. Don't really understand why they need the "New Light"-subtitle.

Arkanius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Both MCC and Destiny on the same store!

Also, guys, Valve announced dedicated servers for free for anyone that wants to use the infrastructure. Bungie could use this instead of P2P servers for PvP. Would do wonders

JaxiPup

Dec 23, 2017
Massachusetts
Having purchased the game twice at close to full price, plus every expansion (forsaken twice as well), I'm actually really digging this news. The barrier for entry was always a little too high

Dinobot

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Holy shit what a bombshell. I love it. I gotta get back into Destiny 2. I stopped after Forsaken. I didn't buy the annual pass so I never tried any content after getting to Power 600.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit - awesome news. I have always said that they should make the base game and Legacy content Free-To-Play, and only charge for sequels & expansions within the first year of their life. Selling new releases is too hard when they have to have all these disclaimers ("Requires ownership of Destiny 2, Expansion I, Expansion 2").

Resiverence

Jan 30, 2019
I

did not see this coming

the move to steam or going f2p
like it always seemed like a distant possibility more than something that'd become reality

huh

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
So should people expect more MTX in destiny going forward?
They actually just made some big changes to the Eververse store a few days ago.

With Season of Opulence, we're making some changes to the Eververse store.

We had two main goals for the changes we're making to Eververse in Season of Opulence:

Direct Pick:
  • Every new Eververse item in Season of Opulence will be available for direct purchase via Silver or Bright Dust
  • Most of these offers will be time limited, with new items available weekly

Greatest Hits:
  • Season of Opulence's Bright Engram will contain a collection of community favorite legacy items, with a focus on the "Best of Year One."
  • If you missed out on Spicy Ramen or the Selfie Emote, Season of Opulence is your chance

Some additional details:

Armor:
  • Full armor sets will be made available as a single, per class bundle, as opposed to being offered only via Bright Engrams
  • Individual Armor pieces can also be purchased for Bright Dust whenever they appear on the storefront
  • These Armor pieces feature fixed perk rolls that are not randomized across duplicates

A Simpler Interface
  • Specific items are now featured on the front page and will be cycled with each weekly reset
  • Most offers will be time-limited to make way for rotating inventory, with some coming back into rotation at a later date
  • Players can access this new interface by visiting Tess in her usual Tower location

Wrapped Items and Refunds
  • Individual items purchased for Silver will now go to the relevant character inventory location in a "wrapped" state
  • Example: A sparrow purchased directly for Silver will arrive "wrapped" in the Sparrow inventory
  • To use an item, it must be "opened" just like a bundle
  • Once opened, the item functions and can be accessed normally
  • If you wish to refund an item, you will have seven days from purchase to do so
  • Items that have been opened cannot be refunded.
All of these changes go live on day one of Season of Opulence. As always, we'll be monitoring how this all works, and are eager to hear what you do and don't like about the new storefront.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Wonder what this will do to expansion prices. Always meant to bite at forsaken but couldnt justify it at the time.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Crazy move, but I think I'm still done with it. Went all in with Forsaken and played the shit out of it for weeks and then never had the feeling to play more. I'm still so saturated.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
Sony just needs to get to the point where they just say "fuck it, FINE" and let people just do the cross platform stuff they want, effectively eliminating this ever present negative talking point against them.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
So seems like there really isnt cross save with ps4... seriously fuck this. This feature doesnt even matter to me, but what do you gain from still blocking that 2 years post launch?!