• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017
They really need this Fall one to be a homerun, the last season was atrocious.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Europa?
704f4f85435caca2e3c494829a65d58e.jpg

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Nice! I'll probably hop on and try the new expansion if my potato mac can run it in bootcamp.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cool teaser... I think they should move on from Destiny 2 though. Looking a bit long in the tooth.

Ninja Kn1ght

Oct 25, 2017
It needs to be a lot better than the current disaster of a season. Seems like this expansion could be cool from a lore perspective but I have major concerns about the direction the game has gone this year.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hoping this will mark the first encounter with the pyramids, given they're inching closer and closer Earth as they traverse the solar system. Jupiter could mark the first encounter with them and this could build up to an extensive conflict.

Feb 1, 2018
The game is a chore, not sure if I have the energy to pay another 60 dollars to jump in again. They design it like a part-time job.

Snow planet is a cool setting though, hope it doesn't remind me of Halo 3 snowbound the worst bungie map of all time lolz

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
more eris morn crap. What is Destiny's obsession with her and hive storylines...

Last edited:
May 19, 2020
Yeah I won't be fooled again by Bungie after this last season. This game has been a thing for years now and they still don't know what it is and continue to do this "we got it wrong, we're listening" line of crap for like the fourteenth time.

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Hoping this will mark the first encounter with the pyramids, given they're inching closer and closer Earth as they traverse the solar system. Jupiter could mark the first encounter with them and this could build up to an extensive conflict.
As I understand it as relayed to me from multiple places at this point is that a lot of the original plans and ideas of D3 have been reworked into D2. Europa here kind of confirming that, so I have no doubt that they'll go all out with a confrontation with the darkness soon. Especially given the current season content. Though I'm more interested in how they plan to play this out long term.

grizzmo

Oct 31, 2017
I really enjoyed the start of Shadowkeep wow did the seasons drop off hard. Skipped most Season of Dawn and the Worthy, but I'm interested to finally (hopefully) see the Darkness in action.

Really hope they can turn this around.

Even though that seems to be my sentiment most of the time with Destiny...

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
god more fucking eris morn shit. What is Destiny's obsession with her and hive storylines...

She's stepping up from the Hive as suggested by one of the cutscenes in the game.

Also yeah happy it's Europa (at least one of the locations.)

Part of me is wondering if they wanted to announce this trailer properly today but held off thanks to the protests.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
The game is a chore, not sure if I have the energy to pay another 60 dollars to jump in again. They design it like a part-time job.

Snow planet is a cool setting though, hope it doesn't remind me of Halo 3 snowbound the worst bungie map of all time lolz

Yeah I hated the luke smith causualification at the beginning of D2 that they walked back,where he said he didn't want you to have to marry the game. But now that I've stepped away from the game for a few months, I wonder if it wasn't something that could appeal to me. If the game was something that didn't require the time input of a full time job....I dont want vanilla D2, but maybe there's a better way, or a better game....called Halo Infinite LOL I wish...

May 19, 2020
I really enjoyed the start of Shadowkeep wow did the seasons drop off hard. Skipped most Season of Dawn and the Worthy, but I'm interested to finally (hopefully) see the Darkness in action.

Really hope they can turn this around.

Even though that seems to be my sentiment most of the time with Destiny...
The feast and famine with Destiny is just too much. There are so many better service games that don't have a constant identity crisis because of self-inflicted wounds by the development team, to say nothing of the checklist/bounty shit which has never improved one iota.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
It needs to be a lot better than the current disaster of a season. Seems like this expansion could be cool from a lore perspective but I have major concerns about the direction the game has gone this year.

yeah we'll see. i've prepurchased all of D2 and didn't regret anything until Y3, really. there were lows in Y1 and Y2 but i actually looked at the joke that is this season where it is basically a reprise of the obelisks from last season (bounties bounties bounties) + escalation protocol style event. again, ignoring the complaints about these kinds of public space events with no matchmaking

trials was halfbaked, they've admitted it themselves, their reward structure was stupid (people farming 3 win cards, no adept weapons)
only one raid this year, when previous years each had a raid and two shorter raid lairs
heavy emphasis on FOMO-style rewards and content
in-your-face eververse content taking up rewards that would normally be themed for gameplay rewards

on top of that they plan to sunset weapons and armor even though their track record shows they can't produce enough desirable variety in perks/weapons. not to mention their excuse for reducing amount of ritual weapons each season was that they had to make trials weapons.

Last edited:

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Destiny as great trailers. But I am personally done with pretty trailers. I want to see if anything will actually be meaningfully different with this release or if it will be more of the same tired shit.

DaiJyoubs

Oct 25, 2017
I'm honestly more curious on the next season right now as we should see "The Darkness" next season is some form as they'll reach Saturn and Titan. Lots of fun stuff about to go down either way

May 19, 2020
Destiny as great trailers. But I am personally done with pretty trailers. I want to see if anything will actually be different or if it will be more of the same tired shit.
The last season opened my eyes that Bungie are like the masters of this apologetic "We're really gonna fix it for you, the fans!", give you this hard sell in the trailers....while doing absolutely puzzling shit like planned obsolescence for weapons or introducing new grind systems that break the game open.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
If it's another "do bounties, PVP oriented, let's kill more old loot" bullshit, I'm gonna ask a refund on Steam for Destiny 2. I know I bought it on Blizzard years ago and I have clocked several hours on that shit, but I'm just gonna do it because I'll be blinded by rage.

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
I missed all of the seasons this go around because our review copy of Shadowkeep didn't work cross region (got the DLC, never got the season pass unlocks).

If there's enough new content for Europa, I'm in.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
As I understand it as relayed to me from multiple places at this point is that a lot of the original plans and ideas of D3 have been reworked into D2. Europa here kind of confirming that, so I have no doubt that they'll go all out with a confrontation with the darkness soon. Especially given the current season content. Though I'm more interested in how they plan to play this out long term.

They can extend this whole war with them throughout the remainder of D2's future and have it culminate to their arrival to Earth for the grand finale in D3. It seems like a much better idea to just introduce them in D2 instead of in D3 where the conflict potentially begins and ends in one single campaign (like the Red War storyline). Set this shit up for the long haul.