• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ImperatorPat

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Buddy convinced me to play on Xbox but completely stop playing and went with COD :(

Any clans open with active users? Also does it matter if you're in a clan on PS4?
Join up to the destiny ERA discord. There's a LFG channel on there.

A lot of people have gone inactive so there's probably room in a clan too. There's a clan recruitment thread on this board

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Umm okay. Did you try using any of them? There's a good reason why a lot of people are chasing the drop. I was using the rare equivalent for a while in pvp and even that was great.

I've used it for a hot second, sure. What I was trying to get across, however, is that I've encountered far too many of them and have had to shard a weapon that, for some such as you, has been very hard to find because of the random nature of the loot system.

v1perz53

Oct 25, 2017
Is Curtain Call better than the raid's launcher?

As most have said it is pretty much the same as the raid rocket, but I don't raid so it was the alternative that I could actually get.
But man as much as it sucks farming for and not getting something, kind of a bummer to have no reason to do strikes anymore. Working towards something with the anticipation of reward is fun, and finally getting that thing is fun, but there's not too much of that in this game currently, pretty easy to get all the things you want. Doing strikes hoping for the CC was fun, but doing repetitive strikes for no reward at all is definitely less fun.

4 is all you really need for pvp, after that you're better off going into other stats

If you play on PC 6 resil has its place as well, since it makes some Hand Cannon encounters take one more hit to kill you and HCs are everywhere on PC, but more niche than 4 resil.

TheLetdown

Oct 25, 2017
I wish Nightfall strikes had matchmaking. I can definitely see the point of the Leviathan Raid not allowing it, since there are a ton of moving parts.

But Nightfall seems like something that could use it. Whether you want to gamble on your odds of success by joining with randos should be up to the player, I think.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
I wish Nightfall strikes had matchmaking. I can definitely see the point of the Leviathan Raid not allowing it, since there are a ton of moving parts.

But Nightfall seems like something that could use it. Whether you want to gamble on your odds of success by joining with randos should be up to the player, I think.
Guided games is a step in the right direction, they just need to make it so that you can do other things while queuing.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Bungie, fix your damn raid.

Repeatedly having it so two of us would kill both projections on Calus but for another person it detonated. Then our second to last try, projections dead for all of us, but then couple seconds later something invisible detonated. Then our last try they were dead for my teammates but not for me.

Bungie, if you're going to make a raid that requires this much precision and this little grace for mistakes, fix it for heaven's sake wtf.

The next raid lairs had better not be as strict as the main raid if they can't fix the bugs. You can't require us to act so perfectly coordinated and have no weak link in our raid team, when the raid isn't going to uphold its part of the bargain.

Jmvm

Oct 31, 2017
Stubbington, UK
You know what? I booted Destiny OG again this week. I was expecting a wasteland but guest what? Tower was full. Manage to get matchmaking for strikes in no time and also for PvP. Man feels good to have grenades every 30 seconds or so. Crucible is still broken in D1, but it was fun. And you can snipe people.....and be one shot killed by hand cannons from the other side of the map. Fun times

v1perz53

Oct 25, 2017
You know what? I booted Destiny OG again this week. I was expecting a wasteland but guest what? Tower was full. Manage to get matchmaking for strikes in no time and also for PvP. Man feels good to have grenades every 30 seconds or so. Crucible is still broken in D1, but it was fun. And you can snipe people.....and be one shot killed by hand cannons from the other side of the map. Fun times

I've been replaying Destiny 1 as well recently. Grenade melee and supers feel much better, shorter grenade CD and the grenade itself actually feels worth using. For example, Magnetic Grenade on Titan actually kills enemies it sticks to and a decent radius around them, also making enemies stop and cower so they are easy to shoot. In D2 the one Vandal you stick runs away, lives through the explosion and nothing else is hit. And actually being able to use my super more than once per story mission is great.

That said, it certainly isn't all roses and sunshine. Been trying to do a "story order" playthrough doing all missions and strikes in the most logical story order, and I've been totally solo for every strike so far for at least 30 minutes. Usually solo to the end boss or a point where it is too hard to solo before getting more people. And I really miss the kinetic/energy system in D2 when playing D1, if I'm using a sniper and a rocket I'm forced to use the same primary for every engagement regardless. Scout rifle primary? Gotta use it for hordes of thralls or cabal phalanxes the same. Nice in D2 having the ability to have, say, an auto rifle energy weapon for large groups of small enemies and a scout rifle kinetic for farther targets. Certainly been fun going back to it though. Won't touch PvP tho, wasn't a fan of the end state of D1 PvP (not a fan of current D2 PvP either but still).

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Man, movement in D1 is just so much better. It doesn't matter what I do to stats in D2, seems like I'm moving through syrup compared to D1. It's almost like going from Halo 2 to 3. Hand cannons are the worst. They feel so good and perfect in D1, and in D2 even The Devil You Know just doesn't feel as good as a handy imago loop, which feels nice and crisp.

We did the level 30 VoG and just picked up a couple people in the tower, one had no idea what we were doing. It felt great. Then after we were still hype on the game and did some crucible. I've been an apologist for this game for a while, and I thought people were just talking with rose tinted glasses, but man, D1 really does just feel so much better.

suikoden352

Oct 27, 2017
My wife has been enjoying the campaign so far. She's not a big FPS player and usually leaves FPS games to me while she occasionally watches. I went ahead and bought the digital deluxe version on ps4 for her (and admittedly for me if I feel like playing at some point) since it's on sale right now. With this, assassin's creed, and sims 4, she has quite the handful of games to help her destress from work.

Question: my wife and I play with our own accounts on the ps4 in the living room. The add ons from the version I bought say they are installed but there is no download record on the ps4 of them being downloaded. I bought the game on my account as it is the primary account and she is playing on her account. I haven't had issues with dlc before like this so i'm Just curious if it is all account locked to where I would have to buy her a season pass as well or is it just a weird issue of needing to uninstall the disc install and install the digital version with everything? It seems silly to have to do so if we both play on the same system

Last edited:

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
Man, movement in D1 is just so much better. It doesn't matter what I do to stats in D2, seems like I'm moving through syrup compared to D1. It's almost like going from Halo 2 to 3. Hand cannons are the worst. They feel so good and perfect in D1, and in D2 even The Devil You Know just doesn't feel as good as a handy imago loop, which feels nice and crisp.

We did the level 30 VoG and just picked up a couple people in the tower, one had no idea what we were doing. It felt great. Then after we were still hype on the game and did some crucible. I've been an apologist for this game for a while, and I thought people were just talking with rose tinted glasses, but man, D1 really does just feel so much better.

PC version is how D2 is meant to feel. Double the frame rate makes a huge difference.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
PC version is how D2 is meant to feel. Double the frame rate makes a huge difference.

I have it on PS4 and PC. It's better on PC yeah.

My wife has been enjoying the campaign so far. She's not a big FPS player and usually leaves FPS games to me while she occasionally watches. I went ahead and bought the digital deluxe version on ps4 for her (and admittedly for me if I feel like playing at some point) since it's on sale right now. With this, assassin's creed, and sims 4, she has quite the handful of games to help her destress from work.

Running around doing public events and stuff tryna get exotics while watching a show or listening to podcasts a pretty good de-stress thing yeah.

Last edited:

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So I'm now at 282 and really struggling to get it higher without gouging my eyes out. The time I've spent getting to this point has been great though, absolutely loved it and felt so damn addictive, but now I'm really pushing it to log in everyday to do anything substantial after reset clearing.

It really sucks that they don't have a proper, substantial gameplay loop in this game to keep you wanting to play, because the actual game is amazing at what it accomplishes.

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hello I broke Destiny 2. <<There's alot more in here. Here is a selection of pictures:
UYWSlHD.png

7inN4JL.png

xCiI9US.png

YPvDN1y.png

RxWE8RS.png

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
And I really miss the kinetic/energy system in D2 when playing D1, if I'm using a sniper and a rocket I'm forced to use the same primary for every engagement regardless. Scout rifle primary? Gotta use it for hordes of thralls or cabal phalanxes the same. Nice in D2 having the ability to have, say, an auto rifle energy weapon for large groups of small enemies and a scout rifle kinetic for farther targets. Certainly been fun going back to it though. Won't touch PvP tho, wasn't a fan of the end state of D1 PvP (not a fan of current D2 PvP either but still).

God I miss D1's special/heavy system. I'd rather switch weapons in D1 when a scout rifle isn't particularly useful than pump primaries into a boss. It's so much more boring without the variety.

Yup, it's disappointing what we got for a supposed "fresh start"

Good quote I saw on Reddit

Who knew the cure to my addiction to Destiny 1 would be Destiny 2...

That sums it up perfectly.

BLLYjoe25

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm now at 282 and really struggling to get it higher without gouging my eyes out. The time I've spent getting to this point has been great though, absolutely loved it and felt so damn addictive, but now I'm really pushing it to log in everyday to do anything substantial after reset clearing.

It really sucks that they don't have a proper, substantial gameplay loop in this game to keep you wanting to play, because the actual game is amazing at what it accomplishes.
have you modded all your items yet? once you get to 280 you can exchange your blue mods for purples. make sure all your items have a +5 mod which will give your level a nice boost. to get mods for your kinetic or exotics you need to dismantle purple mods and buy new purples in the hope for a specific type of mod for them. i don't feel there is any real point to get higher than 270/280. i attempted the raid at 273 and was dealing with enemies just fine. it's the strategy and planning that put me off.

but yeah the game doesn't really have anything to do between resets. i'm in that loop right now. hit 290 and that's me until reset. i could do the raid but don't have the time, patience, or skill to do it.

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
Is IB this coming week? Would really benefit from having extra days to play.

I'm a lot more hype about the DLC after seeing some leaks. Bungie may go back and progress some stuff we've seen in D1.

Slythe

Oct 26, 2017
Last night I spent an embarrassing amount of time with my two friends trying to beat our first Nightfall. We really started getting things down to routine, but always ran out of time at the end during the last boss shield.

We eventually just decided to regroup Monday and try again. Is this week's Nightfall on par with most other weeks (difficulty wise)? Maybe doesn't help that we're trapped at 265 until we beat the damn thing. It was fun though!

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Last night I spent an embarrassing amount of time with my two friends trying to beat our first Nightfall. We really started getting things down to routine, but always ran out of time at the end during the last boss shield.

We eventually just decided to regroup Monday and try again. Is this week's Nightfall on par with most other weeks (difficulty wise)? Maybe doesn't help that we're trapped at 265 until we beat the damn thing. It was fun though!

Seems about the same. It might take a few runs to figure out where most of the anomalies are to give yourself the time you need to clear it comfortably.

Slythe

Oct 26, 2017
Seems about the same. It might take a few runs to figure out where most of the anomalies are to give yourself the time you need to clear it comfortably.

Okay that makes sense. We hit quite a few of them each run, but there must be more we simply aren't accounting for. Thanks!

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Lost against a dude with a legit 6.0 K/D last night in Trials. We probably wouldn't have faced such a stacked team if one of our players didn't stop matchmaking to take a dump.

I just want one more flawless, especially this week, to complete my Titan's set.

I'm also trying to do Calus Prestige carries, but boy is that hard. One, nobody wants to even do it. It's either because the loot sucks, it's too hard or everyone wants to cheese it (which I refuse to do). In D1 you could do triple or quad carries no problem. Hell, once I carried a clan of 5. But on Prestige, you really need 4 people who know what to do. Everyone in dark zone must kill their Psions or else everything is fucked. Throne room is all about staying alive and situational awareness.

Last edited:

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ

Launch week, after doing absolutely everything and farming PEs, and transferring gear, I was able to get 283 on my Warlock, then 292 on my Titan then 300 on my Hunter. On the first reset day, the day before the raid dropped, I did all of the weekly milestones again, but in reverse order (Hunter, Titan, Warlock). I was able to get to 303 on all them.

Mindlog

Oct 25, 2017
My biggest concern since the beginning was the changed movement. I wanted more options for advanced speedy movement, but nearly all of them were pared back.

It's actually a touch more difficult than usual as evidenced by the lack of solo prestige runs posted so far. Even Datto was on the solo grind, but he was running regular and not Prestige. Trying to clear it at 265 makes it a harder again of course.

They keys are learning where to stand and where all the anomalies are. It's worth memorizing the anomoly locations as those don't change. When the Nightfall comes back around you'll be set. Where to stand is aided by memorizing all the spawns. The Nightfalls are a fun balance of aggression and caution. I really like them compared to Destiny 1's "all caution" approach.

I haven't been playing regularly and it seemed like my Wardcliff wasn't doing the same damage it used to. Died multiple times when enemies were left standing by shots I thought would be lethal.

If you send a message on Discord or here and I'm available I'd be happy to help.

Oct 25, 2017
Lost against a dude with a legit 6.0 K/D last night in Trials. We probably wouldn't have faced such a stacked team if one of our players didn't stop matchmaking to take a dump.

I just want one more flawless, especially this week, to complete my Titan's set.

I'm also trying to do Calus Prestige carries, but boy is that hard. One, nobody wants to even do it. It's either because the loot sucks, it's too hard or everyone wants to cheese it (which I refuse to do). In D1 you could do triple or quad carries no problem. Hell, once I carried a clan of 5. But on Prestige, you really need 4 people who know what to do. Everyone in dark zone must kill their Psions or else everything is fucked. Throne room is all about staying alive and situational awareness.

Why do you want to do carries if no one is interested?

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Why do you want to do carries if no one is interested?

There ARE people who want to complete Calus. There are just fewer people than there were in Destiny 1.

The raid is generally too hard and not rewarding enough for people to want to do it at all. I did 3 man Aksis carries for about a month before Destiny 2 came out. No matter the time of day, I could easily find people. My inbox would blow up. Now, it takes a considerably long time.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
But you don't need to do carries to complete raids. I haven't done a raid in about a month so I don't know if the pool of available players has dropped off so much that finding a team is that hard. I would assume it was more about helping other players, but if they don't want help.

What? I do it because I'm bored. Plus I don't mind helping (somewhat) capable people. I can confidently attest that Prestige is definitely harder than any hard mode raids in Destiny 1. The mechanics aren't difficult. It's really a matter of staying alive. Most players don't have the survival instincts and situational awareness. Plus, half of beating something this difficult is REALLY wanting it.

Thats a big component. You just really have to want it, if you want to succeed, honestly. A lot of players don't take it seriously or want to exert the concentration or effort. In my opinion, that's why most players never finish a raid. With enough practice and familiarity, you'll inevitably master it. Everything will be less scary and daunting.

Another thing, in Destiny 1, I could literally beat the raid for people. In Aksis 3 man carries, we'd have the 3 other people jump off and we'd complete the encounter ourselves (on hard mode and challenge mechanics too). The token respawn system prevents this. It's impossible to do what we did in Destiny 1. You actually have to rely on people to execute their roles. I'd di sherpa runs in Destiny 1, but I'd say doing them in Destiny 2 is much harder because of the nature of the game.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
What? I do it because I'm bored. Plus I don't mind helping (somewhat) capable people. I can confidently attest that Prestige is definitely harder than any hard mode raids in Destiny 1. The mechanics aren't difficult. It's really a matter of staying alive. Most players don't have the survival instincts and situational awareness. Plus, half of beating something this difficult is REALLY wanting it.

Thats a big component. You just really have to want it, if you want to succeed, honestly. A lot of players don't take it seriously or want to exert the concentration or effort. In my opinion, that's why most players never finish a raid. With enough practice and familiarity, you'll inevitably master it. Everything will be less scary and daunting.

I definitely don't want it badly enough. I felt stressed out enough just trying make I sure I didn't mess up my roles in the normal raid. I can't imagine prestige being fun and it's not really worth it for the meager rewards. I think that is how a lot us that are not super hardcore view it.

How exactly would a carry even work? One person's mistake can ruin it in many situations from my experience.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
I definitely don't want it badly enough. I felt stressed out enough just trying make I sure I didn't mess up my roles in the normal raid. I can't imagine prestige being fun and it's not really worth it for the meager rewards. I think that is how a lot us that are not super hardcore view it.

How exactly would a carry even work? One person's mistake can ruin it in many situations from my experience.

That's just it. Because of the token system, because players are split up and because one mistake can effect other people directly, carries are difficult. Everyone has to be on point. Unless you're in the skull phase or damage phase, The encounter is setup where you can't really recover from an error. It's funny how Bungie felt that having no revives added artificial difficulty. If one person died in hard mode in Destiny 1, that was almost always a wipe and you'd start over. In Destiny 2, even on Prestige, you have revives. So it's easier, right?

No. It's not. Again, Calus is designed in a way that any mistake will basically cause a wipe. So, in the end, players have to have near perfect execution. That's what Bungie wanted to avoid, but I guess they didn't realize how things would pan out in actual play sessions with real players. Four good players can possibly carry two less confident players. An even split might be too frustrating. You will never get to damage phase if either dark zone or throne can't properly fulfill their roles.

CrusoeCMYK

Oct 25, 2017

Did you come across a full group of premades every other match?