• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
Forgot how fun Sweet Business + War Rig is, never have to reload. Might be my go to when doing Strikes from now on.

Cheers, will do.

I've had really good luck with this seasons weapons, so don't even really need any. It's more for the XP, need 10 more levels for the pass. Though any roles I should look out for while XP farming tomorrow?

Here's a top 5 list that Ehroar put out today.

darthbob

One Winged Slayer
Nov 20, 2017
Is there ever a sale on Forsaken? Buddy got Shadowkeep and I wanted to help him get some good weapons, but Black Armory is locked down for him.

$25 seems a bit steep for what he's wanting to do, but granted, there is a raid and dungeon... If there's a cheap Forsaken for PC, let me know please.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So I'll be getting 25,000 fractaline tomorrow. And I bet that I still won't get the godrolls for that motherfucking autorifle and sidearm.

Ghostfacedon

Apr 17, 2019
Just realized it's rare I actually use my sparrow. I'm usually playing either pvp or gambit, maybe Sundial occasionally. But, I may as well grind out the Crimson Days sparrows tonight.

Anyway, anybody gonna cope Outriders when it drops? I couldn't help but notice it's heavily inspired by Destiny. I'm a sucker for 3rd person cover based shooters. Then, add in loot and dystopian setting, I'm in already tbh. Off topic I know lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Wow, they half-assed it this year.
It's one of the only events that I've ever ignored completely in the lifetime of Destiny 2.
eh, its a week-long pvp event, not worth the dev bandwidth, should have added a new weapon still/
Yes, this is the reason I skipped it.

There was no loot worth spending my time and energy working towards.

It's a loot game based around weapons, and they offered no *new* loot-based weapon to earn. Even in a "low dev bandwidth" scenario, a single new weapon should not be asking much of anything from their team.

Just realized it's rare I actually use my sparrow. I'm usually playing either pvp or gambit, maybe Sundial occasionally. But, I may as well grind out the Crimson Days sparrows tonight.
But why, you know? There are no shortage of sparrows that everyone here has already. Unless you were already going to be doing activities that would have by happenstance also granted you progress towards those, why even waste your lifetime on a sparrow that you don't actually give a shit about?

Ghostfacedon

Apr 17, 2019
It's one of the only events that I've ever ignored completely in the lifetime of Destiny 2.

Yes, this is the reason I skipped it.

There was no loot worth spending my time and energy working towards.

It's a loot game based around weapons, and they offered no *new* loot-based weapon to earn. Even in a "low dev bandwidth" scenario, a single new weapon should not be asking much of anything from their team.

But why, you know? There are no shortage of sparrows that everyone here has already. Unless you were already going to be doing activities that would have by happenstance also granted you progress towards those, why even waste your lifetime on a sparrow that you don't actually give a shit about?

I actually had to think a few minutes to respond to your question. I mean, I still play pvp occasionally so I may as well get something out of it that I currently don't have.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
Crimson Valor is one of the best shaders in the game, so it would have been nice to at least get some new shaders.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Oh you need to lfg for the crimson days nightfall bounty? Pass on this whole event then lol i kinda wanted the vow too

Dec 2, 2017
screenshot2020-02-17a19je8.png

I'm not gonna lie, this thing's kind of a good time. Adds flying everywhere from explosions and you almost never have to reload. I can almost get through an entire lost sector without reloading.

With sword changes coming, I decided to check out Stryker's Sure Hand again, no idea if that's still the best legendary sword (I believe Just in Case with Shattering Blade technically beat it in DPS, but that perk's kind of impractical). I got the Surrounded roll, and damn it smacks shit around. Like those nightmares on the surface of the moon & lost sector bosses go down in just a couple of hits. I didn't get the god roll, which is Surrounded + Assassin's Blade. My main legendary has always been Hagakure, which has Assassin's Blade standard, and I really miss it on any sword without it, it really changes the feel of them and turns you into a whirlwind of death. Speaking of, Whirlwind Blade might actually be more practical for boss DPS. I'll keep farming.

Forgot how fun Sweet Business + War Rig is, never have to reload. Might be my go to when doing Strikes from now on.
I dug this thing out to go for the catalyst triumph. Holy cow, I knew it was buffed, but I didn't know it was this crazy. I ran it with Transversives so I never had to reload, it just melts everything. Once I'm finally done with Python & Exit Strategy I'll have to give it a go in Gambit.

Oh you need to lfg for the crimson days nightfall bounty? Pass on this whole event then lol i kinda wanted the vow too

Do it, Vow is 100% worth it if you're into bows, I believe it's still the fastest bow in the game. And it's better than ever now because you can put Unstoppable Arrows on it. You don't need to do the Nightfall, you can still get hearts just from playing Crucible.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
screenshot2020-02-17a19je8.png

I'm not gonna lie, this thing's kind of a good time. Adds flying everywhere from explosions and you almost never have to reload. I can almost get through an entire lost sector without reloading.

With sword changes coming, I decided to check out Stryker's Sure Hand again, no idea if that's still the best legendary sword (I believe Just in Case with Shattering Blade technically beat it in DPS, but that perk's kind of impractical). I got the Surrounded roll, and damn it smacks shit around. Like those nightmares on the surface of the moon & lost sector bosses go down in just a couple of hits. I didn't get the god roll, which is Surrounded + Assassin's Blade. My main legendary has always been Hagakure, which has Assassin's Blade standard, and I really miss it on any sword without it, it really changes the feel of them and turns you into a whirlwind of death. Speaking of, Whirlwind Blade might actually be more practical for boss DPS. I'll keep farming.

I dug this thing out to go for the catalyst triumph. Holy cow, I knew it was buffed, but I didn't know it was this crazy. I ran it with Transversives so I never had to reload, it just melts everything. Once I'm finally done with Python & Exit Strategy I'll have to give it a go in Gambit.

Do it, Vow is 100% worth it if you're into bows, I believe it's still the fastest bow in the game. And it's better than ever now because you can put Unstoppable Arrows on it. You don't need to do the Nightfall, you can still get hearts just from playing Crucible.

oh i didnt realize you got hearts from crucible matches lol its too late for me now and i wont be home from work tomorrow till after the update, sad :(

Azerare

Oct 25, 2017
For the crimson days nightfall bounty, does it have to be the higher level one? Just trying to cash the 75 hearts and get the vow.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Loading into the tower for 5m and actually forgetting what I was even going there for.

purg3

Oct 25, 2017
Played Reckoning for an hour or so and came away with the following Spare Ration rolls, thoughts (I'm on console)?

extended barrel/HC/rapid hit/swash - handling MW
full bore/RR/subsistence/MKC - handling MW
fluted/flared mag/subsistence/swash - range MW

These have been the closest to solid rolls I've ever got, any worth dumping cores in? The rapid hit swash feels pretty good on controller.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Let us mend the divide between Investors and Donators.
From this reset on, all of Destiny shall unite in donating so all the sweatlords can be chucked into trials, then we can lock the door and start to enjoy PVP again.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
Played Reckoning for an hour or so and came away with the following Spare Ration rolls, thoughts (I'm on console)?

These have been the closest to solid rolls I've ever got, any worth dumping cores in? The rapid hit swash feels pretty good on controller.
1st and 3rd are both very good. 3rd is a fun roll for PvE, first is a strong all allrounder for both PvP and PvE.

Dec 2, 2017
oh i didnt realize you got hearts from crucible matches lol its too late for me now and i wont be home from work tomorrow till after the update, sad :(

That's alright. It's a cool weapon, but not one you can't live without.

Speaking of which, how does it compare to Randy's Throwing Knife? I'm about to finish its quest.

Randy's is 260 rpm, Patron is 200 rpm. Patron isn't a set roll and has a unique perk it can roll in vorpal.

Those are all really good, that last one will kick ass in PvE. The first one is a PvP god roll unless you'd really rather have multi-kill clip.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
anyone else having issues on steam? Keep getting disconnected and there is a message in chat about steam servers being down. Playing on a new laptop so trying to figure out if its me.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
Iron Banner haven't started yet and people are already on sweating hard with thorn. Gawd, fuck thorn, I hate that green filter whenever it hits you not to mention the DoT.

And literally every match is unbrokens... in fucking classic mix.

TCB

Oct 19, 2019
Iron Banner haven't started yet and people are already on sweating hard with thorn. Gawd, fuck thorn, I hate that green filter whenever it hits you not to mention the DoT.

And literally every match is unbrokens... in fucking classic mix.

Isn't classic mix filled with high skilled players because it's connection based? That's been my experience anyways.

You'd think it would be a casual mode, lol.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
No one can redeem the Crimson Days emblem code for getting both sparrows, hours before the deadline was supposed to be.

Of course, Bungie doesn't have an easy way to contact them for issues like this.
www.bungie.net

Help | Forums | Bungie.net

Bungie.net is the Internet home for Bungie, the developer of Destiny, Halo, Myth, Oni, and Marathon, and the only place with official Bungie info straight from the developers.

They will be aware of it, I'd imagine they'll extend it or something. When something like this happens they usually do.

Remnants

Prophet of Regret
Jul 18, 2019
No one can redeem the Crimson Days emblem code for getting both sparrows, hours before the deadline was supposed to be.

Of course, Bungie doesn't have an easy way to contact them for issues like this.
I didn't even know this was a thing. You'd think bung would make people more aware of the emblem since the code expires during reset the day the event ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.