• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Hey Bygones users: Do you use slideshot on your Bygones? I have a couple of strong rolls with slideshot but that I don't feel like testing. Anyone had any experience using Slideshot on your pulses? Seems like the added stability would be great, but IDK.

Just a refresher for those who might have a serious case of FOMO

- Since tuesday, Osiris had a quest for us to explore the Corridors of Time
- You go in and wonder, ok what the fuck do I do
- Turns out every hour there is a code that is displayed on the Obelisks
- Navigating the Corridors of Time with the code leads you to a mystery coffin and gives you a lore piece (19 total). This also shows another "map" piece of some sort.
- Turns out all those map pieces turn into an even bigger map that leads to an emblem
- But now that room has another map piece
- Except each map piece is seemingly unique to players, so now this is a collective effort by everyone to make an even bigger map of some kind

- Complain that this content was made for streamers
- Support Eververse
reported lol

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
All of these random rooms full of different enemies makes me wish for something similar to the chalice dungeon from Bloodborne be implemented into Destiny. Unfortunately it would inevitably be less interesting because bosses in a Destiny game still after all of these years are just oversized mobs.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
The Corridors of Time is also a good place to do bounties, it's nothing but Vex enemies but you could probably clear some stuff while navigating the rooms

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Man this shit is nuts.

Say what you will, but this effort is very much requiring the collecitve brain power of a sizable portion of the community to work though. I'm really interested on how Bungie even comes up with this shit. These are not trivial puzzle creations.
Luke and Deej with a ton of peyote tripping balls in the desert.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Hey Bygones users: Do you use slideshot on your Bygones? I have a couple of strong rolls with slideshot but that I don't feel like testing. Anyone had any experience using Slideshot on your pulses? Seems like the added stability would be great, but IDK.

Nah.

The main one I use is:
Rampage/outlaw for PvE and PvP

The standard Full Auto/Kill Clip roll is pretty hood for PvP as well.

I leave all the slide shot perks for the hunters and the mobility shotty apes

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Nah.

The main one I use is:
Rampage/outlaw for PvE and PvP

The standard Full Auto/Kill Clip roll is pretty hood for PvP as well.

I leave all the slide shot perks for the hunters and the mobility shotty apes
gotcha. ty

It is a nice way to score a quick kill as you slide into encounters but it tends to make me play suboptimally as I try for slides when I shouldn't. That's on me though ofc.

I personally find other perks that benefit more encounters to be preferable.
understood ty.

Yea I have a solid rampage + outlaw and a kill clip + outlaw roll but I'm trying to decide if some of these other rolls that I farmed out are worth keeping too. I saw a couple of vids of people saying Slideshot was pretty good but i don't know that I've ever seen anyone use one in PvP and am just not motivated to try all of these rolls in crucible (while being very motivated to try to make more space in my vault).

astro

Oct 25, 2017

reported lol
It is a nice way to score a quick kill as you slide into encounters but it tends to make me play suboptimally as I try for slides when I shouldn't. That's on me though ofc.

I personally find other perks that benefit more encounters to be preferable.

FashionTarkus

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I don't think it's for streamers only, raid secrets is lit. They are obviously the face of the event and the only ones with the time to commit.
It is for a very niche part of the community though.
I think these things are cool and i hope I can benefit from their effort soon lol.

Oct 28, 2017
All of these random rooms full of different enemies makes me wish for something similar to the chalice dungeon from Bloodborne be implemented into Destiny. Unfortunately it would inevitably be less interesting because bosses in a Destiny game still after all of these years are just oversized mobs.

The Psion bosses of Sundial and the Menagerie bosses are a good step forward, as in they have some unique abilities/mechanics. It'd be nice if they came up with a system to allow enemies to mix and match abilities.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it's for streamers only, raid secrets is lit. They are obviously the face of the event and the only ones with the time to commit.
I think these things are cool and i hope I can benefit from their effort soon lol.
I'm a freelance web dev and I usually have hugely busy spurts then some extended downtime. I could do this and I'm not a streamer, I just don't want to lol.

I also don't think they really have a choice if they cover Destiny 2. This is their job. And that's what I'm trying to avoid here. :p

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
agree.

and yea, everything like this needs a head that is organizing things. Streamers who have proven themselves dedicated to these kinds of efforts make for an easy choice.

FashionTarkus

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I'm a freelance web dev and I usually have hugely busy spurts then some extended downtime. I could do this and I'm not a streamer, I just don't want to lol.

I also don't think they really have a choice if they cover Destiny 2. This is their job. And that's what I'm trying to avoid here. :p
I meant the time it requires to organize the non sense they are doing and being constantly on top of things.
To be honest I wouldn't touch it even if I had a year off lol

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I meant the time it requires to organize the non sense they are doing and being constantly on top of things.
To be honest I wouldn't touch it even if I had a year off lol
Oh for sure, I'd have to give up my social life and other hobbies to be a trail blazer here. I guess if you have a decent online community behind you hyping in chat it could be fun just hanging out doing it, and I know some people really dig this stuff.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
BTW, I'm had some really good luck with this PvP build in comp:

Top tree hammer titan

Crimson
Erentil (Under Pressure/Back-up plan)
Swarm of the Raven (Auto load/quickdraw)

I also use:
OEM (Super mod/Enhanced Hand Cannon/Special Ammo) <only for the perks, I swear>

or

Lion Rampants:
with traction/Special ammo/mobility mods
19 mobility
30 resilience

I've been going positive most games, although I can't say that for the other two scrubs that queue up with me and refuse to stick to an area and run off alone and die within seconds of the match beginning..

and I'm the scrub...

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Middle tree hunter.

Wish-Ender with oath keepers, permanently wallhaxing.

Optative.

Nearly at 5k glory solo.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
BTW, I'm had some really good luck with this PvP build in comp:

Top tree hammer titan

Crimson
Erentil (Under Pressure/Back-up plan)
Swarm of the Raven (Auto load/quickdraw)

I also use:
OEM (Super mod/Enhanced Hand Cannon/Special Ammo) <only for the perks, I swear>

or

Lion Rampants:
with traction/Special ammo/mobility mods
19 mobility
30 resilience

I've been going positive most games, although I can't say that for the other two scrubs that queue up with me and refuse to stick to an area and run off alone and die within seconds of the match beginning..

and I'm the scrub...
Good call on Lion Ramparts, they're really good in pvp, dunemarchers too. Especially for top tree with hammer strike.

Just being able to leg it from supers and stacked encounters is also great.

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada
There's SBMM in comp, so what works for one person may not work for another depending on who they are matched with. Absolutely experiment with non-meta stuff and use it if it works for you, though.

I'm really interested on how Bungie even comes up with this shit. These are not trivial puzzle creations.

IIRC the Outbreak Prime puzzle (design) was mostly one guy. Remember seeing some sort of developer comments about it after the fact, but can't find them now.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
There's SBMM in comp, so what works for one person may not work for another depending on who they are matched with. Absolutely experiment with non-meta stuff and use it if it works for you, though.

IIRC the Outbreak Prime puzzle (design) was mostly one guy. Remember seeing some sort of developer comments about it after the fact, but can't find them now.

I've been using Crimson mostly for credit towards getting Luna's, but it has also been winning many 1v1 battles for me against pulses/auto's and has better range over recluse. I've had to keep using erentil against shotty whores, jotunn, Not Forgotten and Luna's though.

So many Mindbenders out there recently...

Good call on Lion Ramparts, they're really good in pvp, dunemarchers too. Especially for top tree with hammer strike.

Just being able to leg it from supers and stacked encounters is also great.

I'll give the Dune's more of a look if I can grind more cores to level them up:
my base roll is pretty good:

9 mobility
17 resilence
7 recov
17 disc
9 intellect
2 strengh (bad, bad, bad...)

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I'll give the Dune's more of a look if I can grind more cores to level them up:
my base roll is pretty good:

9 mobility
17 resilence
7 recov
17 disc
9 intellect
2 strengh (bad, bad, bad...)
This is my main issue with investing in the less meta exotics... the rolls. The collection stats are usually underwhelming, so you need to wait for a fresh drop and pray. Also the mats to level everything... I'm perpetually broke even if I do find that god roll. ;_;

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
This is my main issue with investing in the less meta exotics... the rolls. The collection stats are usually underwhelming, so you need to wait for a fresh drop and pray. Also the mats to level everything... I'm perpetually broke even if I do find that god roll. ;_;

This is the first season where I ave honestly hesitated when turning the game on to play, both because I can't raid with my normal raid team every Tuesday and Sat nights anymore and because the ROI just doesn't feel like it's there for me right now with the game. Just grinding bounties endlessly is not a lot of fun..... Grinding cores to level up gear is def not a lot of fun and just isn't worth the potential gains...

I'm spending my Destiny time trying to work through Comp to get Luna's and eventually Redrix as a bi-product of that. I still need about 15 Rumble matches, and I really, REALLY hate that mode..... As a titan main, playing 5v1 against a bunch of monkeyish hunters with no opportunity to flank is a crap fest usually...

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Back into the hole, Wish-Ender. Back into the hole.

latest

astro

Oct 25, 2017
This is the first season where I ave honestly hesitated when turning the game on to play, both because I can't raid with my normal raid team every Tuesday and Sat nights anymore and because the ROI just doesn't feel like it's there for me right now with the game. Just grinding bounties endlessly is not a lot of fun.....

I'm spending my Destiny time trying to work through Comp to get Luna's and eventually Redrix as a bi-product of that. I still need about 15 Rumble matches, and I really, REALLY hate that mode..... As a titan main, playing 5v1 against a bunch of monkeyish hunters with no opportunity to flank is a crap fest usually...
I feel you mate. I actually don't mind Rumble when I'm in the mood for it, but forcing myself through it for the quest steps felt horrible. The play x activity y times design is always nasty. Even if I'm playing them anyway, it just feels like a drag.

The one saving grace for me atm is trying new builds and actually forgetting about the grind and just enjoying the minute to minute. However... as above, this is extremely limited due to the aforementioned lack of resources and layers of RNG. And that's before we even get into fashion disasters (not gonna spend money on an ornament just to use doomfangs, you grrr - ps: I know it's coming for dust) and having to avoid gear because I hate how it looks (this one's a pet peeve, totally on me). I recently stumbled upon the pieces I needed for a build I wanted to try and the game suddenly feels revamped. I wish this stuff was more accessible... maybe allowing stat changes on armour even if it's a huge grind. I guess, then, I'd be complaining about that too lol.

Still, I'm enjoying the minute to minute enough to want to log in, right now at least. And I do like how it's easy to farm the new weapons.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Bungie should just start intentionally breaking old underused exotics every other month or so.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
Little side note, Imperative isnt actually all that good a scout.
If you like/dont mind the looks of the sundial scout, it has some really good/rare perks on a good archetype.

Personally my go to scout has been Randy, Rapid-Hit Killclip is an excellent perkset, and it has even overtaken my usage of recluse in pve.

I want a Randy, but rapid fire isn't what I am really looking for. I want a big hit slow shot Scout that looks and sounds good, I want it for invading in Gambit Prime mostly. Plus I just like that style of gun.

It did not miss out, as it was a doo doo scout. Good 150 scouts are the one from Crown of Sorrows raid and Talons of the Eagle from IB. Good 180 scouts are nothing. Good 200 scouts are all of them.

I've seen stuff online saying it was good, not as good as Polaris Lance or Jade Rabbit, but solid. Plus its legendary kinetic, so it fit exactly where I wanted it to.

I'm really happy with my Night watch, just looking for other stuff I will enjoy poppin heads with in Gambit Prime.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I want a Randy, but rapid fire isn't what I am really looking for. I want a big hit slow shot Scout that looks and sounds good, I want it for invading in Gambit Prime mostly. Plus I just like that style of gun.

Last Wish scout can roll Rampage and Kill Clip at the same time, and is high impact

If you don't raid you can try your luck by using the wish wall and getting the raid chests

FashionTarkus

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I'd like a broken Bad Juju.
just because I finally got the catalyst lol (didn't fall for that vicious resource draining plot, then forgot about the gun...)

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA

I've seen stuff online saying it was good, not as good as Polaris Lance or Jade Rabbit, but solid. Plus its legendary kinetic, so it fit exactly where I wanted it to.

I'm really happy with my Night watch, just looking for other stuff I will enjoy poppin heads with in Gambit Prime.

I've had better luck with a well rolled Does Not Compute (crucible loot pool) or Talons of an Eagle (Iron Banner)

Wrong side of Right or Night Watch (better perks) are also options.

Have you done the Truth mission yet?
for Heavy, Truth (or any tracking RL really)/Hammerhead are the go-to meta for easy kills.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
There is something strangely relaxing about running around in this white ass maze. It's like that part in Dark Souls just before you enter the Kiln of the First Flame with all of those ghostly black knights, but it's just endless. I will slowly turn this into a Soulsborne thread.

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So as a newbie I'm basically just going to each of the planets and unlocking them and running the main quest line there? Is that the easiest way to build up my level?

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
So as a newbie I'm basically just going to each of the planets and unlocking them and running the main quest line there? Is that the easiest way to build up my level?
there should be 3 quests you can do. you get them from the shipwright in the hanger at the tower hub area. if you're currently working your way through those quests you're on a good track.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA

Just keep going through the story and natural order of things. There is no need to push forward ASAP; just relax and have fun with it.

After that, doing all of the "weekly" powerful" drops is the fastest way to level up through crucible/strikes/NF;Ordeal/gambit as a newbie though. This also allows you to experience different aspects of the game weekly. Do those with all the bounties for each vendor.

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
there should be 3 quests you can do. you get them from the shipwright in the hanger at the tower hub area. if you're currently working your way through those quests you're on a good track.
Honestly can't remember if that's on the track I'm on. I've been doing the "unlock x planet and go there" quests along with the "discover planet and talk to the quest giver there" quests and the lines they give. Is this the main storyline?

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly can't remember if that's on the track I'm on. I've been doing the "unlock x planet and go there" quests along with the "discover planet and talk to the quest giver there" quests and the lines they give. Is this the main storyline?
it sounds like you're going in the right direction. google one of the quests and I'm sure an article will pop up. the three quests are attached to the vanilla campaign/dlc you get for free and are as follows:

Red War
Curse of Osiris
Warmind

FashionTarkus

Oct 27, 2017
NYC

I don't know if those unlock with those quests unlock while doing the main quests but this is what you are looking for
32.jpg

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
Last Wish scout can roll Rampage and Kill Clip at the same time, and is high impact

If you don't raid you can try your luck by using the wish wall and getting the raid chests

Yeah, a buddy took me across the bridge so I could open the chest with all characters, nothing yet. But it's high on my list to check out!

I've had better luck with a well rolled Does Not Compute (crucible loot pool) or Talons of an Eagle (Iron Banner)

Wrong side of Right or Night Watch (better perks) are also options.

Have you done the Truth mission yet?
for Heavy, Truth (or any tracking RL really)/Hammerhead are the go-to meta for easy kills.

I still need to dump my valor tokens to see if I can get a Does not Compute, I like the look of it. Talons of the Eagle I have, pretty good rolls too, I just think it's ugly, haha. I need an ornament that gets rid of all the little nipples. Haha

Working on Truth, and I have a Hammerhead. I'm weird though, so I generally try to avoid meta weapons I can, haha. I find it fun to use stuff a little off the beaten path, because most stuff is really good, I'm not that competitive, I just like having fun! Hah

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

But what if... what if giant Warbeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.