• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Yeah, a buddy took me across the bridge so I could open the chest with all characters, nothing yet. But it's high on my list to check out!

I still need to dump my valor tokens to see if I can get a Does not Compute, I like the look of it. Talons of the Eagle I have, pretty good rolls too, I just think it's ugly, haha. I need an ornament that gets rid of all the little nipples. Haha

Working on Truth, and I have a Hammerhead. I'm weird though, so I generally try to avoid meta weapons I can, haha. I find it fun to use stuff a little off the beaten path, because most stuff is really good, I'm not that competitive, I just like having fun! Hah

Jotunn works good as well, but you can always go erentil/Arcrius for a change of pace kind of fun.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Fucking around in the Dreaming City, getting some sweet nostalgia for the Forsaken days. This place was so fucking good with all of the secrets and the Taken build-up that climaxed with the Shattered Throne reveal. It was the best of times. Year later we instead get shit like...the Undying Mind.

Talons of the Eagle I have, pretty good rolls too, I just think it's ugly, haha. I need an ornament that gets rid of all the little nipples. Haha

How dare you. It's like the best part of the gun. Hardcore kinky shit.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
So just came back to Destiny this week after a pretty long break. I managed to go up to 910 light but I'm still on like level 13 of the season. Just a quick question, should I buy Shadowkeep now, which would give me Season of Dawn, or do I wait until next season so I can start the new one with a boost?

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
So just came back to Destiny this week after a pretty long break. I managed to go up to 910 light but I'm still on like level 13 of the season. Just a quick question, should I buy Shadowkeep now, which would give me Season of Dawn, or do I wait until next season so I can start the new one with a boost?
Its eh.
There is more than enough time to do the season(you have 54 days left, which is like 2 weeks less than the entire Season of Undying was long.)
If you do the weekly bounties and some challenges every week you will hit 100 way before it ends.

Oct 28, 2017

If you know a pal who has a high level on their season pass, pop your bounties when with them for the fireteam XP bonus attained via the pass. It'll give you a wee leg up.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
If you know a pal who has a high level on their season pass, pop your bounties when with them for the fireteam XP bonus attained via the pass. It'll give you a wee leg up.

Sadly, all of my friends that used to play it quit the game after Forsaken, so I'm a solo player right now.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
I tried to follow the puzzle solving a bit last night. Wake up today and whooa, they lost me.

Edgeward

Oct 27, 2017
It's not something on the roadmap or part of the pass so bungie is not going to face the same backlash as with niobe labs, which was argued to be holding back content that people paid for. This will take as long as it will take.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Finished all the lore and emblem just now. Yeesh

Took a screenshot of my puzzle piece and submitted it to them

hipsterbodega

Oct 30, 2017
Is there a point where enhancement cores just stop dropping? I must have dismantled at least a couple dozen legendaries today and got just a single finest matterweave out of the whole lot. I have all this gear to infuse but I can't and I feel like I'm being throttled all of a sudden.

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a point where enhancement cores just stop dropping? I must have dismantled at least a couple dozen legendaries today and got just a single finest matterweave out of the whole lot. I have all this gear to infuse but I can't and I feel like I'm being throttled all of a sudden.

Use your matterweaves as it will give a guaranteed core drop.

In the meanwhile if you have shards to spare you can buy a few cores from Spider but his prices increase with each purchase so don't buy more than 2 or so (it resets to the normal price the next day).

Also if you are in a clan by completing the weekly challenge Hawthorne's engram will give you 7 cores along with your drop.

Last edited:

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Why is Bungie afraid to give out well rolled armor? Literally the only worthwhile pieces of armor I have are Iron Banner armor. Why can't regular world drops also have a decent chance at good stats? As it is any legendary armor drop is an instant shard.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Question

So like I have not done or at least barely done the narrative. I have been doing a bunch of pvp. So like I know the moon is the new dlc , but there is this dreaming city thing? Should i also be doing that? I think its from previous dlc

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Question

So like I have not done or at least barely done the narrative. I have been doing a bunch of pvp. So like I know the moon is the new dlc , but there is this dreaming city thing? Should i also be doing that? I think its from previous dlc

The Forsaken DLC, whuch takes place on the Dreaming City is some of the best content from the game and well worth a purchase....

Village

Oct 25, 2017
The Forsaken DLC from the Dreaming City is some of the best content from the game and well worth a purchase....
I'm not asking whether it's good or not I'm just wondering should I be doing it. I'm trying to level my power level up and I want to know does that help or is there any important vendors or whatever there

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Why is Bungie afraid to give out well rolled armor? Literally the only worthwhile pieces of armor I have are Iron Banner armor. Why can't regular world drops also have a decent chance at good stats? As it is any legendary armor drop is an instant shard.
The armor pieces given to you in the season pass are surprisingly high

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
Puzzle update: they're trying to build a big map now. When you get the emble you get a part of the map on the reflection of the floor, it repeated a few times now for different users, so they think they can build a big map.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Does any aspect of the shotgun itself matter on 1-2 punch shotguns? Like, does the shotguns damage class cause punches to do more damage? Eg do 1-2 punch aggressive shotguns do more damage than rapid fire versions? If not, is it fair to assume that you want the fastest firing, highest handling roll possible so that you can shoot and punch as quickly as possible?

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
Puzzle update: they're trying to build a big map now. When you get the emble you get a part of the map on the reflection of the floor, it repeated a few times now for different users, so they think they can build a big map.

yup, looks like this is the way to go, there are a few edges now

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna do story and general content stuff,for whatever reason I'm just like if I can get near max level and look cool before doing it I would be content

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Not yet, I need to get a billion fucking shotgun kills in Gambit first, so Im focusing on that. I'll likely work on Hush after. I love a good bow.

Bruh. Triple shotty is fun af to mindlessly blow through gambit.

Paradox
Ikelos shotty or mindbenders
Acrius

That or use an auto kinetic or energy and a shotty in the other.

Want to be a jerk?

Auto/Shotty energy/kinetic
Leviathan bow for invasions/invaders

Work on all three at the sane time, lol

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I don't know how much twitch stuff costs, but I'm pretty sure two different people each dropped over $2000 in subs on Gladd's stream.

People be crazy.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I don't know how much twitch stuff costs, but I'm pretty sure two different people each dropped over $2000 in subs on Gladd's stream.

People be crazy.

If you mean bits, 100bits is roughly 1USD.

Also is watching streamers the only way to track progress on the map? I have no idea how far a long the stitching of all the floor patterns is right now.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
If you mean bits, 100bits is roughly 1USD.

Also is watching streamers the only way to track progress on the map? I have no idea how far a long the stitching of all the floor patterns is right now.
the raidsecrets subreddit is where the actual work gets done.
They have the map on their discord irc.

People be crazy.
If you actually mean giftsubs and not bits, 2000$ worth of subs would be like gifting 400 subs.

Oct 25, 2017
the raidsecrets subreddit is where the actual work gets done.
They have the map on their discord irc.

If you actually mean giftsubs and not bits, 2000$ worth of subs would be like gifting 400 subs.

Yeah, giftsubs. There was one guy that dropped 100 five times in a row and another that did at least 400.

The bits have been flying in too, but I wasn't keeping track of that.

hipsterbodega

Oct 30, 2017
Use your matterweaves as it will give a guaranteed core drop.

In the meanwhile if you have shards to spare you can buy a few cores from Spider but his prices increase with each purchase so don't buy more than 2 or so (it resets to the normal price the next day).

Also if you are in a clan by completing the weekly challenge Hawthorne's engram will give you 7 cores along with your drop.
I knew about the matterweave and Spider, but not exactly drowning in shards or matterweaves either. I can purchase maybe 3 cores from Spider each week before it's too rich for my taste.

I'm in a clan, but it's not very active and I've never really participated with them. I got invited by a friend who doesn't even play any more lol. I didn't know Hawthorne gave cores though so maybe I should join a more active clan or something. Would be nice to actually do higher level activities with a fire team. Thanks for pointing that out.

Anyway, I felt like I was drowning in cores and matterweaves up until this point. They just stopped. Thought it might intentional to choke progress or if I was just unlucky.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
I knew about the matterweave and Spider, but not exactly drowning in shards or matterweaves either. I can purchase maybe 3 cores from Spider each week before it's too rich for my taste.

I'm in a clan, but it's not very active and I've never really participated with them. I got invited by a friend who doesn't even play any more lol. I didn't know Hawthorne gave cores though so maybe I should join a more active clan or something. Would be nice to actually do higher level activities with a fire team. Thanks for pointing that out.

Anyway, I felt like I was drowning in cores and matterweaves up until this point. They just stopped. Thought it might intentional to choke progress or if I was just unlucky.
I am swimming in matterweave, but mostly because i am too lazy to consistently activate them.

Cores are indeed much more sought after now, since you need boatloads of them to masterwork stuff.

Yeah, giftsubs. There was one guy that dropped 100 five times in a row and another that did at least 400.

The bits have been flying in too, but I wasn't keeping track of that.
wow, that are stupid numbers of twitch money.
Gonna be nice when this is over, and they go back to complaining how there is no challenging stuff in the game, all while carrying bags of dosh to the bank from this.

Its kinda why i dont like when streamers advocate for stuff, since its rarely for the benefit of the community, and more so they can make more money.
Like the clamoring for Trials by Streamers and PVP youtubers, which would probably bring in good money for them, but not fix the issues of crucible for the average player.

Surface of Me

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As a titan main, no build competes with the PvE efficiency of Code of Missile + Insurmountable Skullfort + Discipline mods + something with Demolitionist. Speaking of Demolitionist, the new grenade launcher it is cool, but my Bug-Out Bag with Demolitionist makes me never use it.

Also, did Peregrine Greaves get a secret nerf? Isnt doing near as such damage as I recall it doing.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Managed to snag two nice JQKs today: Rampage/subsistence and Demo/Dragonfly and both have rico rounds I think. Happy with both for the time being.

Dreams-Visions Thanks for the DIM recommendation, this thing is amazing. Can't believe I ever went without it till now. Now someone just needs to make one for quests and bounties.

Status
Not open for further replies.