• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
meanwhile at Bungie HQ..

tenor.gif

Oct 28, 2017
Managed to snag two nice JQKs today: Rampage/subsistence and Demo/Dragonfly and both have rico rounds I think. Happy with both for the time being.

Dreams-Visions Thanks for the DIM recommendation, this thing is amazing. Can't believe I ever went without it till now. Now someone just needs to make one for quests and bounties.

You know about https://braytech.org/? Lets you view the actual numbers on silly percentage quests, and a whole lot more.

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Another question. As I'm working my way to max power (950 or somewhere abouts?) is there any sense in saving any of my gear? Not sure if it can be upgraded, but I just read about the god-rolls and I'm wondering if I should be evaluating my gear for that or not, or if it's just all trash until I get to a higher power. I've been just dismantling stuff the past two days and I'm wondering if I should stop that habit now or not.

Thanks for the help thus far!

Oct 28, 2017
Another question. As I'm working my way to max power (950 or somewhere abouts?) is there any sense in saving any of my gear? Not sure if it can be upgraded, but I just read about the god-rolls and I'm wondering if I should be evaluating my gear for that or not, or if it's just all trash until I get to a higher power. I've been just dismantling stuff the past two days and I'm wondering if I should stop that habit now or not.

Thanks for the help thus far!

If you like a gun, you can always keep it for later to infuse it with a higher level gun to make it that level. You shouldnt be infusing every two or three power levels, but you can hang off until you hit 950 or thereabouts and begin thinking if any of your older and weaker guns would be nice to have again, regarding perks.

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If you like a gun, you can always keep it for later to infuse it with a higher level gun to make it that level. You shouldnt be infusing every two or three power levels, but you can hang off until you hit 950 or thereabouts and begin thinking if any of your older and weaker guns would be nice to have again, regarding perks.

Ah, so there are some combinations of perks I should be on the lookout for then, as I can upgrade them later? I'll be more careful before dismantling stuff then.

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada
I can't believe streamers are manually sorting through this puzzle data when there are at least three programs on raidsecrets.

Look for weapons that are good indépendant of power level. For levelling, keep a few items that are max level for a slot, once surpassed delete them or keep them if you like the perks. You only need to infuse something when it is (much) below the power level of an activity. The max power of a character's equipable items determines drop level, not what you are wearing or even have in your inventory

Oct 28, 2017
Ah, so there are some combinations of perks I should be on the lookout for then, as I can upgrade them later? I'll be more careful before dismantling stuff then.

Yeah, usually a damage perk + a reload speed perk is what people aim for as a baseline. Outlaw/Kill Clip is usually a guaranteed good weapon, because they synergise excellently. Outlaw lets you reload way faster if you get a headshot kill, Kill Clip makes the next mag of bullets do extra damage if you kill something then reload. They can just feed into each other over and over.

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is this d2checklist website that I've found that highlights good perks a good thing to go off of for determining what to keep? I don't want to accidentally destroy something that is amazing that I'll never find again, considering I don't know how many of the perks work or if they're good, haha.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Is this d2checklist website that I've found that highlights good perks a good thing to go off of for determining what to keep? I don't want to accidentally destroy something that is amazing that I'll never find again, considering I don't know how many of the perks work or if they're good, haha.

DIM does have "suggested Perk" icon that highlights the most liked perks for each weapon:

73ISYcI.jpg

Also, are you in the DEra discord? There is a hard it/keep it section set up in there that you can post up rolls to see if they are good or not.

A lot of it also comes down to personal preference through and how you like to play the game, perks like rapid hit are great in theory, but I have shaky aim and body shot more, so it doesn't work well for me.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The fools are overthinking it. Also, inputting code 11 doesn't work unlock the lore entry for me. Looked it up and others are having other codes not work as well. Good old Bungo.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Also this happened to me. Now it makes sense how I end up in that coffin because I'M FUCKING TRAPPED IN TIME OH GOD HELP ME

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Not following this puzzle. Do we need to be entering codes?

No, there's three things you can do

- Get 19 lore pieces. Requires 19 individual "codes" (codes are basically the path you have to take in the Corridors of Time, indicated by pillars with a symbol)
- Get an emblem. Requires a specific code. Do not need to do the lore codes.
- Get..... ????? Requires a specific (seemingly long?) code. Streamers / Puzzle solvers working on it now

Turbo Tu-Tone

Oct 27, 2017
Its kinda why i dont like when streamers advocate for stuff, since its rarely for the benefit of the community, and more so they can make more money.
Like the clamoring for Trials by Streamers and PVP youtubers, which would probably bring in good money for them, but not fix the issues of crucible for the average player.
The hope is that Trials will suck up all the super sweaty players, leaving places like Classic Mix an actual haven for new/casual players.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
No, there's three things you can do

- Get 19 lore pieces. Requires 19 individual "codes" (codes are basically the path you have to take in the Corridors of Time, indicated by pillars with a symbol)
- Get an emblem. Requires a specific code. Do not need to do the lore codes.
- Get..... ????? Requires a specific (seemingly long?) code. Streamers / Puzzle solvers working on it now
So is this speculated as something we will have to go through in its entirety eventually, so I should make a start now? Or is it just for lore hunters do you think?

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
the raidsecrets subreddit is where the actual work gets done.
They have the map on their discord irc.

I looked and all I saw were borked google docs.

Not a fan of ARGs like this. It's not so much a community event without an official or at least unified place to see everything. As is it's just hearing about three people maybe doing something.

So is this speculated as something we will have to go through in its entirety eventually, so I should make a start now? Or is it just for lore hunters do you think?

Each part is pretty stand alone. If you care about the lore, then do 19 codes. If you wan the emblem or want to contribute your pattern to larger puzzle, do the emblem code. Whatever the larger puzzle ends up being likely wont require the previous two steps.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
You lot have it all wrong.

Bungie said in a recent tweet it was a marathon not a sprint.

Go boot up your macs people!

demi

Oct 27, 2017

We don't know what this larger piece will reward. Speculation is a new exotic/item. Or it could be for Bastion. Or it could be a message to drink your ovaltine.

The lore pieces are for anyone interested (it mostly talks about Saint-14 and Osiris's past, their relationship to the speaker, etc), and triumph score. The emblem is just an emblem.

Oct 25, 2017
Bought!

This insane. Good for him. But at the same time...yikes.

Wait...he has a total of over 18K subs!?!? Is that for real?!??

Yeah, when he got back on after finally getting some sleep yesterday, his goal was to hit 14,600. Now he's at 18,316, which if the website I found about Twitch Streamer revenue splits is correct, is about $65,000 a month.

So yeah, sitting on the floor crying a bit while eating your breakfast seems to be the correct response.

Status
Not open for further replies.