• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
I just started up a Hunter, and I'm enjoying playing around with the different skill trees. I'm enjoying bottom tree solar, but that's mostly in PVP.

What's everybody's recommendation for best PVE skill-tree?

Or for that matter, PVP skill-tree?

And if you have any recommendations for synergistic exotics or mods, let me know those as well please.

Thanks in advance.

Thank you very much! :)

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't played in a month or two, I don't really get it, why is everyone upset over the reward for that crazy puzzle? It's a gun, what were people expecting?

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played in a month or two, I don't really get it, why is everyone upset over the reward for that crazy puzzle? It's a gun, what were people expecting?

A gun that they weren't expecting.

And FashionTarkus I don't think the quest for getting Bastion is going away from Saint 14, you just won't be able to go into the corridors of time anymore. So get those lore tabs while they're hot.

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018

It unlocks a quest that we were already going to get on the 28th. So people are upset the prize was basically getting something we were expecting a week early.

I personally don't really mind, I like when Bungie gives us random side-stuff to do, just for the sake of exploring the world and lore.

FashionTarkus

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
imagine having limited content within seasonal limited content and you not being able to do that content because you can't during those 10 days.

I was gone 2 weeks for Christmas, I literally couldn't do this if it dropped back then (assuming I cared).
People use FOMO because this is the shittiest form of FOMO and it will get people to simple move away from the game for good (many already have). when they stop with this crap people will stop using FOMO.
And time limited events are very cool when done right

Oct 27, 2017
At what point in the season do the Season Ranks go up for sale? I might go this route for the ornaments, etc as I have very little desire to play any of the current/old content.

For anyone who did this last season what was the cost?

Edit: Just saw it is supposedly 100 silver per Rank? Yeah, I'm good Bungie, you can keep the ornaments and the rest of the useless rewards too. I can't wait to see what exciting "content" you have in store for next season.

Last edited:

Simbo

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played properly in a few months but jumped back in when I heard about the Corridors of Time puzzle.

Am I doing something wrong with the quest? I followed the 30 step solution and got an exotic weapon core and a quest to go and visit Saint-14. Well I did that but absolutely nothing happened at all.

I've just logged in again for the first time after reset and there was a message again to see Saint-14. I went to see him and......nothing.

What have I missed?

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
imagine having limited content within seasonal limited content and you not being able to do that content because you can't during those 10 days.

I was gone 2 weeks for Christmas, I literally couldn't do this if it dropped back then (assuming I cared).
People use FOMO because this is the shittiest form of FOMO and it will get people to simple move away from the game for good (many already have). when they stop with this crap people will stop using FOMO.
And time limited events are very cool when done right
Fair points - but the game has a massive assortment of things to do. Frankly, I dont think its feasible to expect devs to schedule their events around your plans and holidays. The corridors of time was not announced as part of anything and as such, I don't believe you are owed anything.

Thats just my take.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
I just started up a Hunter, and I'm enjoying playing around with the different skill trees. I'm enjoying bottom tree solar, but that's mostly in PVP.

And if you have any recommendations for synergistic exotics or mods, let me know those as well please.

Thanks in advance.

Bottom tree solar is also good for boss damage if you have the Celestial Nighthawk exotic (Golden Gun has one shot, but deals more damage and refunds 20% super on kill). Still pretty good for clearing out majors and ultras without it. Middle tree solar can be fun if you have Ophidia Spathe which gives you a second melee charge so you can almost have constant up time on your melee attack. Add in the seasonal solar melee mod and it can tear through enemies.

Bottom tree void is also good for damage and some add clear but top tree void is better for that, but both staggers and make enemies trapped by the super more vulnerable to damage. Orpheus Rig make it better, it refunds super when enemies get trapped by the top tree's super and gives more shots for the bottom tree's super. Outside of abilities, it's a toss up between top tree giving you invisibility after dodging and bottom tree making your melee smoke bomb make everyone in it invisible.

Top tree arc is also good just because you can power up your melee significantly and with the dodge that refreshs your melee, you can chain it pretty easily. Liar's Handshake synergizes with that as it adds the ability to do a follow up/counter punch that restores health when you land with a charged melee ability or after you get punched. It also stacks with 1-2 Punch shotguns so it can ramp up pretty quick.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

The champ is in the building and he has spoken. It's true that Frosty thinks everything is good because he whoops ass with everything...but him saying it's his favorite fusion means something.

He brought the receipts to prove it.

Remember Saint's eulogy for us when he was talking about this weapon never being used against Guardians ever again? Welp....

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
Bottom tree solar is also good for boss damage if you have the Celestial Nighthawk exotic (Golden Gun has one shot, but deals more damage and refunds 20% super on kill). Still pretty good for clearing out majors and ultras without it. Middle tree solar can be fun if you have Ophidia Spathe which gives you a second melee charge so you can almost have constant up time on your melee attack. Add in the seasonal solar melee mod and it can tear through enemies.

Bottom tree void is also good for damage and some add clear but top tree void is better for that, but both staggers and make enemies trapped by the super more vulnerable to damage. Orpheus Rig make it better, it refunds super when enemies get trapped by the top tree's super and gives more shots for the bottom tree's super. Outside of abilities, it's a toss up between top tree giving you invisibility after dodging and bottom tree making your melee smoke bomb make everyone in it invisible.

Top tree arc is also good just because you can power up your melee significantly and with the dodge that refreshs your melee, you can chain it pretty easily. Liar's Handshake synergizes with that as it adds the ability to do a follow up/counter punch that restores health when you land with a charged melee ability or after you get punched. It also stacks with 1-2 Punch shotguns so it can ramp up pretty quick.

Wow, awesome. Thanks for this!

Amibguous Cad

Oct 25, 2017
"Bungle" sounds too much like what Rush Limbaugh would call them if he were a Destiny fan. The nickname has to be stupid enough for it to be ambiguous as to whether you're using it ironically or not.

FashionTarkus

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Fair points - but the game has a massive assortment of things to do. Frankly, I dont think its feasible to expect devs to schedule their events around your plans and holidays. The corridors of time was not announced as part of anything and as such, I don't believe you are owed anything.

Thats just my take.
you're 100% right, we are owned absolutely nothing and I don't expect any dev to schedule their events around anybody's plans.
that was just an example. point remains: when done like they are doing it now it just makes people care less and less until they don't care anymore.

demi

Oct 27, 2017

Thanks in advance.

PVE -
You're probably going to be running Tether w/ Orpheus Rigs, like, forever. Have fun!
If you want to be a hipster you can run Blade Barrage w/ Shards (shards got the hot nerf stick so they're prettty buns now). You could run golden gun.... I guess
If you want to run Arcstaff... for whatever reason, you're pretty much running Raiden Flux

PVP -
If it's Mayhem? Put on those god damn shards soldier! Ruin their fun!
If it's Mayhem? Run that tether soldier! Ruin their fun!
Hunter has a lot of versatility for trees. Golden is good, Arc is good, Spectral is good, even Tether can be good. But you'll probably run Void because going invis every 5 seconds is very skillful
PVP Exotics worth using: Stomp-ees (it'll probably just be stomp-ees they're that stupid good). Dragon's Shadow. Uh.... nope thats it

bishibosh

Oct 27, 2017
Akita
I hadn't played D2 since they migrated from Battle.net to Steam, and my friend brought up that he wanted to try it out. So, we downloaded it and dang they just sorta drop new players in huh? I honestly believe that going through the base game campaign was a better introduction to all the mechanics, since it introduced you to all the vendors and subclasses in a more structured manner.

Although, revisiting the Cosmodrome with the D2 improvements to the visuals was a goddamn TREAT.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
lol guess I have to jump on, fire up Spotify, and hoover up all of the Lore and the Emblem this week. I don't understand why this could have just been left open until the end of the Season? I like that they've made an alternate acquisition method for Bastion but I don't see why letting players choose what they want to do with the Corridors of Time until the Season ends would be a bad thing.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Bastion was always going to be available from Saint-14, the quest was just an early unlock incentive - they learned their lesson from Niobe Labs

Norris1020

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I did the 19 paths and emblem last week, I logged in today and picked up the quest from Saint 14 and got Bastion but it the Corridors of Time quest is still there. Do I need to run the 30 piece to check the box then?

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I hadn't played D2 since they migrated from Battle.net to Steam, and my friend brought up that he wanted to try it out. So, we downloaded it and dang they just sorta drop new players in huh? I honestly believe that going through the base game campaign was a better introduction to all the mechanics, since it introduced you to all the vendors and subclasses in a more structured manner.

Although, revisiting the Cosmodrome with the D2 improvements to the visuals was a goddamn TREAT.
The on-boarding in mind-bogglingly short-sighted.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I did the 19 paths and emblem last week, I logged in today and picked up the quest from Saint 14 and got Bastion but it the Corridors of Time quest is still there. Do I need to run the 30 piece to check the box then?

Yes the giant code should mark the end, but the quest does say it expires end of Season so it should go away regardless.

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
Ok, I'm legitimately confused, does Iron Banner have SBMM or not? I've heard yes and no from different sources, but matches like this make me think no...

R2sEfRC.png

I don't know how accurate Destinytracker's ELO system is, but it was a mercy game.

I struggle to understand why they wouldn't have SBMM in what is, in the absence of Trials, the pinnacle PVP activity...

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
how hard is the savior title now? can i like, crush it in a week or something? everything's out for it now right?

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
how hard is the savior title now? can i like, crush it in a week or something? everything's out for it now right?

I think the big boss Flayer is still to be released?

The Vanguard, Crucible and Gambit challenges and pinnacles are muuuuuuuuch easier than last season. Those you could pump out in a day or two.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Ok, I'm legitimately confused, does Iron Banner have SBMM or not? I've heard yes and no from different sources, but matches like this make me think no...

R2sEfRC.png

I don't know how accurate Destinytracker's ELO system is, but it was a mercy game.

I struggle to understand why they wouldn't have SBMM in what is, in the absence of Trials, the pinnacle PVP activity...

maybe all those high elo guys were on a team? So they had to match them somewhere, and given a time constraint too...

PVP population looks to be sliding, stale hand cannon laning meta for 6 yrs now probably getting old to people.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
If they gave Bastion a catalyst that game it some more range in pve, I'd might make my main gun. Ive always loved fusion rifles but if it aint making orbs in the bank it goes.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
It's very easy, just like Undying. You can't complete it yet, no.

Undying seemed kinda hard, mostly the bow and hand cannon precision kills in vex offensive, all that moon crap...although I did learn of the option to load into VO solo on PC, never investigated but that woulda been a godsend.

What time gated content is left? Can it be done in like one week? I will also google my own answers to this.

All I have is Wayfarer and Dredgen, the lamest titles, especially Dredgen. I usually see people most proudly rocking the last season title, so I guess one would be nice.

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
maybe all those high elo guys were on a team? So they had to match them somewhere, and given a time constraint too...

PVP population looks to be sliding, stale hand cannon laning meta for 6 yrs now probably getting old to people.

We were a team yes, that was our first game off of an LFG post on the Destiny app. I posted that I was playing Hunter for the first time, but had a 1.65 k/d as a Titan, they said cool, we'll figure it out. It was our first game together.

I was just shocked that we didn't get a better matchup given IB is supposed to be the PVP equivelant of raiding, no?

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Undying seemed kinda hard, mostly the bow and hand cannon precision kills in vex offensive, all that moon crap...although I did learn of the option to load into VO solo on PC, never investigated but that woulda been a godsend.

What time gated content is left? Can it be done in like one week? I will also google my own answers to this.

All I have is Wayfarer and Dredgen, the lamest titles, especially Dredgen. I usually see people most proudly rocking the last season title, so I guess one would be nice.

The only real grind in Savior is getting the Fractaline materials to level up the obelisks + the unreleased final obelisk (Empyrean Foundation). Everything else is basically "do this" + "get that"

You do have to LFG for a "Legendary" (aka 950 LL) sundial that has no matchmaking though

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Undying was a simple enough title to get muddied by an awful grind in an awful activity. That is not a title you should be proud of having, naming yourself after the Undying Mind, you damn clown.

There are three different psion flayer bosses on rotation every week in the Sundial. If you missed one, you'll have to wait a week or two for it to come back. That's about the only thing you gotta keep an eye on this season. Everything else can be got at your own pace. So far, anyway.

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada
I think I've only done one actually. The one where S-14 drops a bubble in the middle and it all kicks off. That's the only one I've done.

Do the other one and the quest for Bastion should be available for you.

Ok, I'm legitimately confused, does Iron Banner have SBMM or not?

it absolutely does.

It is not Bungie's system. So sometimes it feels accurate and sometimes not.

IB tends to result in lopsided games fairly often with the hunt power play mechanic. Its match-making also does not take power level into account.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Got the two Exotics. First impressions (in PvE), was didn't like the sidearm, maybe I'm just imaging it, but it feels like there's a slight delay when you shoot and It pretty much immediately turned me off the gun. Shame as I love the concept. On the otherhand I really enjoyed the Bastion a Fusion/Shotgun hybrid is just kinda fun, was in low level stuff though, so I don't know how it is at anything slightly hard. But can definitely see me using it when just a bit bored of a certain loadout.

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
Got the two Exotics. First impressions (in PvE), was didn't like the sidearm, maybe I'm just imaging it, but it feels like there's a slight delay when you shoot and It pretty much immediately turned me off the gun. Shame as I love the concept. On the otherhand I really enjoyed the Bastion a Fusion/Shotgun hybrid is just kinda fun, was in low level stuff though, so I don't know how it is at anything slightly hard. But can definitely see me using it when just a bit bored of a certain loadout.

You're not imagining it.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Got the two Exotics. First impressions (in PvE), was didn't like the sidearm, maybe I'm just imaging it, but it feels like there's a slight delay when you shoot and It pretty much immediately turned me off the gun.

Are you holding down the trigger longer than you should when firing sometimes? You could possibly be charging up the laser by accident in between shots.

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
Undying was a simple enough title to get muddied by an awful grind in an awful activity. That is not a title you should be proud of having, naming yourself after the Undying Mind, you damn clown.

There are three different psion flayer bosses on rotation every week in the Sundial. If you missed one, you'll have to wait a week or two for it to come back. That's about the only thing you gotta keep an eye on this season. Everything else can be got at your own pace. So far, anyway.

Fuck it. Undying just sounds cool.

It's like... I know Rivensbane is probably the toughest PVE title in the game. I don't want a title I need to explain the fucking lore of. I want a title that any blueberry, who boots up the game for the first time with no context looks at and immediately says "shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit".

Unbroken also fits the bill, but that, you know, takes way more skill than I have. lol

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Are you holding down the trigger longer than you should when firing sometimes? You could possibly be charging up the laser by accident in between shots.
I was at first, but even when tapping I could still feel the delay, why I thought I might be just imaging it. I might give it another shot after a little while and see if it still bothers me, as I really do love the concept.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Fuck it. Undying just sounds cool.

It's like... I know Rivensbane is probably the toughest PVE title in the game. I don't want a title I need to explain the fucking lore of. I want a title that any blueberry, who boots up the game for the first time with no context looks at and immediately says "shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit".

Unbroken also fits the bill, but that, you know, takes way more skill than I have. lol
Yup, Undying to a newberry is pretty much this

wdikxlolmz911.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.