• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Euphony

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Decided to take advantage of the last days of the Wish Ender bug to do a Pit of Heresy solo run. Going through the dungeon for the first time and solo was mostly a fun experience except for Chamber of Suffering. It is quite a fitting name for the encounter.

To my great annoyance, I only realized after I finished that for the solo completion triumph to count you can't leave the dungeon at all. I doubt I'll ever try it solo again.

darthbob

One Winged Slayer
Nov 20, 2017
Looks like Wish-Ender's back on the menu boys.

g6TDPen.png

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If you wanna know what Bastion does and how to get it, here ya go. Even includes leaked gameplay footage of the weapon. Some of the information posted in this thread by whatstheirface, I think it was KarmaCow, is in this video if you just so happened to not believe them for whatever reason. Also, I've only just recently decided to listen to this Fallout guy and wow, his voice gives me a tingle.

What it does:
It's basically a burst fire shotgun you gotta charge up. Pretty neat idea. Will probably suck, but whatever.

Gearkeeper 8A

Oct 27, 2017
So today is the last day of the dawn event or I still have tomorrow?? I still need 50 cookies for the last quest, but knowing exactly when it ends would be helpful

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
I'm hoping that they (Bungo) are looking at the traffic and notice that they are bleeding their hardcore players right now.

This is the "deadest" I've seen the game with hardcore and/or Destiny Vets since the CoO/Warmind days.

Hopefully, Bungie is not just looking at the f2p traffic and thinking this model is healthy for the long term.

Last edited:

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm hopingvthat they are looking st thd trsffic and notice tgat ygey are bleeding theit hardcore players right now.

This is thd "deadest" I've seen the game with hardcore and/or Destiny Vets since the CoO/Warmind days.

Hopefully, Bungie is not just looking at the f2p traffic snd thinking yhis model is healthy in thd long term.
He's speaking in tongues!

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Bongo could fix this for me very easily.... bring back FACTIONS!!!!

Lol. They really should. There is honestly no reason not to.

Just open all three faction venders to sell their guns/armor/shaders.

Monatize it through bounties like ever other vendor and only keep the shops open 1 weekend a month and allow players to grind whatever bounties they want, but make some of them fun/interesting like:

"Complete Leviathan Raid with "xxx" armor/weapon equiped the entire time" (locked equipment/loadout)

"Complete Eater of Worlds raid with only other guardians pledging to New Monarchy & wearing emblem"

Stupid stuff like that is actually fun and promotes community participation unlike the constant "kill 300,000 cabal" type bounties. Create a bounty for each item at each vendor that has to be completed while wearing the faction emblem, but also allow guardians to switch faction when ever they want.

Mr Delabee

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I've honestly not played much these past few months/weeeks. I got to level 45 in 1st season, this season about level 9, I hate to say it but I think the game is done for me, for nowor at least until next gen space wizards appear.

I feel once they set a time on what could be done and earned I felt pressure to play, unfortunately destiny was my chill out game and playing Vex Offensive til my eyes bled just wasn't fun. So I ended that season with no Undying seal, limited weapons and then it was just ONTO THE NEXT ONE.

I really don't know what Bungie can do to get me back on board, they have content and events it but none of it has stuck to me like Black Armory, drifter and opulence did, maybe I just need a rest, which of course will mean I miss everything.

Surface of Me

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Previous seasonal weapons should be rolled into Menagerie after the season ends. Keep the best more live and relevant.

Though tbh I'd like to see something other than a horde mode on the future.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Previous seasonal weapons should be rolled into Menagerie after the season ends. Keep the best more live and relevant.

Though tbh I'd like to see something other than a horde mode on the future.

They really, really need a full vendor refesh next season. Even if it's just different weapons and not new weapons, but I have thousands of tokens for each vendor that are useless.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Cold Front and Avalanche aren't worthwhile right? I have another 60ish potential cookies I could deliver but I don't want to sift through all the junk opening presents.

It's still ending they just aren't fixing Wishender until later.

Do it for the cores, but be careful!

I got bit by the menu bug and deleted 2k weapon mods by accident when opening all those gifts..

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
not Faction Rallies

just Faction Vendors à la Destiny 1

Imagine the Number getting random rolls, better than anything Uriel's Gift could ever bring

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Faction Rallies were a really cool concept that was less cool in execution, I still miss them and miss factions in general. Wish they'd bring Factions back as permanent vendors and then have a few Rallies a season that aren't so stupidly grindy, just have extra XP for the week and some set rolls to earn with reasonable objectives.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
People wanting faction rally back

647420674578710529.png

No, hotfix has nothing to do with dawning. It ends today.

Gutter and Strap know what's up, lol. No rally, just different stuff to do/use

not Faction Rallies

just Faction Vendors à la Destiny 1

Imagine the Number getting random rolls, better than anything Uriel's Gift could ever bring
Faction Rallies were a really cool concept that was less cool in execution, I still miss them and miss factions in general. Wish they'd bring Factions back as permanent vendors and then have a few Rallies a season that aren't so stupidly grindy, just have extra XP for the week and some set rolls to earn with reasonable objectives.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
I still don't get why they just don't bring back faction vendors like they had in D1. Sure, it wasn't one of the best parts of D1. But it still gave you concrete rewards to work for. Even if you didn't get the drops you wanted, you were still at least making progress towards something. It was minor and of course eventually you'd run out of gear to purchase, but as something on type of the other ways to get weapons and gear, it was perfectly fine.

pochi

Oct 25, 2017
So finally played the game a bit.
Made a warlock, I'm a sucker for mage classes.
Then tried hunter and titan.
Hunter's mobility is addicting, somewhat reminded me of Titanfall.
Titan's melee and super is satisfying.
I really wanted to like the warlock, but I don't like how it moves and melee/supers are not satisfying.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't play in y1 so I wasn't there for Faction Rally stuff but it sounds mindlessly grindy and bad. It would be even worse now with random rolls on everything and vendors mostly giving out bad rolls.

Also considering they've already burned through y1 and y2 vendor armour already and they've said they don't have the time/money/people to make things like exclusive loot for the new strikes, we'll most likely see faction rally gear coming back through reappropriating them for crucible/strike/gambit gear next season.

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
Osmosis sounds good on paper for challenging stuff but then you realize that you aren't actually allowed to unequip Izanagi's for difficult content.

I know I am the only one who wants it, but I think it is about time Izanagi's was knocked down a peg.

The fact that it takes an exotic heavy--prospector--to compete with it just shows has crazy out of step it is.

Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking back over all the DLC's we've gotten so far for Destiny 2, and this is how I rate them:

1. Forsaken - the absolute pinnacle of Destiny content. We got everything we wanted, and more.
  2. Season of Opulence - without a doubt the best activity we'll probably ever get, good exotic quests and an enjoyable raid.
  3. Season of the Forge - At a very basic level, the forges are enjoyable to do and the loot from the season is still highly used till this day. It also has one of my favourite raids.
  4. Warmind - for a smaller DLC, this was really well done and very much needed given how lackluster CoO was. The destination was also very fun to explore.
  5. Season of the Drifter - While I didn't play during this season as it launched, I did end up enjoying running Reckoning to get the weapons and Gambit Prime was an much enjoyable experience over normal Gambit.
  6. Shadowkeep - I didn't really enjoy SK nearly as much as others did. It feels half done and I'm willing to bet we never get to finish that story until D3.
  7. Curse of Osiris - An awful destination, a few new shitty guns and a bad raid lair. All the bits of a shitty DLC.
  8. Season of the Undying - If it didn't launch with Shadowkeep then this season would have been shown for how truly bad it is. Terrible all around.
I can't rate Dawn as of yet obviously, but it ain't high on the list as of now.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
I did that loadout last season, Izanagi, Recluse, and Wendigo during a Nightfall. It was a total fail. I hated it

as for Osmosis, you need Demolitionist to compliment it

I didn't play in y1 so I wasn't there for Faction Rally stuff but it sounds mindlessly grindy and bad. It would be even worse now with random rolls on everything and vendors mostly giving out bad rolls.

Also considering they've already burned through y1 and y2 vendor armour already and they've said they don't have the time/money/people to make things like exclusive loot for the new strikes, we'll most likely see faction rally gear coming back through reappropriating them for crucible/strike/gambit gear next season.
Sounds

Sounds are not reality

In Destiny 1, you pledged to a Faction and that was it. You played the game normally and it would rep by itself for just playing normally Vanguard, Crucible.
Faction would rep by itself, go see Vendor to get stuff.

Destiny 2 is where they fucked up the factions royally.

In Destiny 1, you had Weapon Vendors that sold fixed rolls but you got randoms rolls by repping up Vanguard, Crucible and Factions.
It was great and awesome for character creation

Bungie lied about Character Creation / Why are the Faction Ornoments locked out in Armor 2.0?

Last edited:

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
anyone else watch that "Shader 2.0" video?? man its frustrating to see how much better shaders should be. I ignored shaders for like 2 years. I try to use them more now. But its just such a hassle.

I just much preferred them in D1

What's the fastest way to get Essence of Dawning? Doing some last minute stuff.
crucible.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
anyone else watch that "Shader 2.0" video?? man its frustrating to see how much better shaders should be. I ignored shaders for like 2 years. I try to use them more now. But its just such a hassle.

I just much preferred them in D1

I just want them to do two things:

- Completely kill the idea that they are consumable.

- On the bottom half of the character menu (with the ship, sparrow and emblem options), add a new shader option. This would allow you to select a single shader that automatically applies to your entire armor set (and allow you to preview them easier). After, you can then go into individual armor pieces if you want to, for example, just change the leg shader.

Yeah, I couldn't really tell if the Crucible or strike playlist was better.

Amibguous Cad

Oct 25, 2017
I still feel like I have lots to do on the game. Admittedly, I took a long break after the Forsaken debacle so I've also got menagerie, black armory, and reckoning stuff to do, it but I'm not even doing them that much.

Do your weeklies for xp, bright dust, and ritual weapons. And if your reaction that is "ugh, I am not spending that much Time in crucible/gambit/strikes," it's probably time to take a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.