• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I still feel like I have lots to do on the game. Admittedly, I took a long break after the Forsaken debacle so I've also got menagerie, black armory, and reckoning stuff to do, it but I'm not even doing them that much.

Do your weeklies for xp, bright dust, and ritual weapons. And if your reaction that is "ugh, I am not spending that much Time in crucible/gambit/strikes," it's probably time to take a break.

The "Forsaken debacle"?

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I don't have xenophage

I have only done the Dungeon once

I have not done garden of Salvation

I do not have divinity.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Just got my first Last Wish clear.

That's a cool ass raid. It's gorgeous like all Dreaming Citadel stuff, and fun and technical in a way that feels fair and stays fun. It doesn't get too repetitive mechanics wise and the last boss is easy to kill with5 swords and a tractor cannon. Highly recommend.

Now I just need to do the Raid lairs and kill the boss in Garden and I've basically got all the bases covered.

glaurung

Oct 26, 2017
Estonia
Just got my first Last Wish clear.

That's a cool ass raid. It's gorgeous like all Dreaming Citadel stuff, and fun and technical in a way that feels fair and stays fun. It doesn't get too repetitive mechanics wise and the last boss is easy to kill with5 swords and a tractor cannon. Highly recommend.

Now I just need to do the Raid lairs and kill the boss in Garden and I've basically got all the bases covered.
You should go for the proper Riven kill if you have the stones for it.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
I was thinking back over all the DLC's we've gotten so far for Destiny 2, and this is how I rate them:

9) Curse of Osiris - An awful destination, a few new shitty guns and a bad raid lair. All the bits of a shitty DLC
10) Season of the Undying - If it didn't launch with Shadowkeep then this season would have been shown for how truly bad it is. Terrible all around.
I can't rate Dawn as of yet obviously, but it ain't high on the list as of now.

somewhere back here. The player base right now is about 75% f2p newbies; most of the vets are long gone until next season r random events that pop op.

Devils Ruin brought them back for 20 mins....

1,500 Dawning Essence used up and not a single good Avalanche roll.

I'd hand you mine if I could brotha......

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
After just accepting I'm shit with hand cannons no matter much I try to deny it, I did the quest for the Buzzard. Where have you been all my life!

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
I know I am the only one who wants it, but I think it is about time Izanagi's was knocked down a peg.

The fact that it takes an exotic heavy--prospector--to compete with it just shows has crazy out of step it is.

I think straight nerfing stuff is kind of old hat. I'd prefer that Bungie created a system where we get increased rewards for completing nightfalls or raids without the use of specific weapons. If I can complete an Ordeal without meta weapons, give me 2x+ boost on prisms for example.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
Got to 270 treats baked. Probably could have grinded out the rest if I just woke up and got to it, but kinda happy I didn't.

Didn't get a good avalanche drop but did get a couple of the ritual weapons that were just sitting in my log so it doesn't feel like a complete waste. Just wish I had one more day...

Also got to rank 92 which means I can now focus on the seasonal weapon rolls. Time to look into them I guess.

Amibguous Cad

Oct 25, 2017
The "Forsaken debacle"?

Yeah, when they forgot they had players that weren't streamers and also weren't casuals, and made day one raiding contingent on perfectly optimized full-time-job light level grinding. And locked guns virtually required for endgame raiding behind punishingly difficult challenges testing tertiary and previously largely unimportant skills. Skills like 3D platforming that most definitely did lock people with certain visual-spatial processing disabilities out of endgame content.

That debacle.

Turbo Tu-Tone

Oct 27, 2017
Just watched that Datto video last night. I think it's time to unsub. Wasn't expecting him to double down on entitlement.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
Who is this Riven person...kinda late now but I baked something for that person and I dont know where that person is in the City of Dreams...something I havent unlocked from Petra yet...?

The end boss of the Last Wish raid. There is a way to reach it pretty easily/without killing with a few tutorials on youtube.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
Yeah, when they forgot they had players that weren't streamers and also weren't casuals, and made day one raiding contingent on perfectly optimized full-time-job light level grinding. And locked guns virtually required for endgame raiding behind punishingly difficult challenges testing tertiary and previously largely unimportant skills. Skills like 3D platforming that most definitely did lock people with certain visual-spatial processing disabilities out of endgame content.

That debacle.
Every statement after the day one raiding one is so untrue I don't even.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing about Forsaken that causes major annoyance is the Enhancement Core Power leveling. Only the hardcore and streamers/YT benefited because they got a crapload of cores whereas those casual or return to the game got fucked hard when it comes to power leveling because Enhancement cores is such a bitch to get.

Funnily enough now in Shadowkeep, the hardcore got plenty of prism and shards but lacking cores whereas the casuals got plenty of cores but lacking of prisms and shards.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

That debacle.

If you're really a casual, you probably shouldn't give a shit about raiding day one, I'm pretty hardish to the core myself if you know what I mean and I didn't do the raid until like a week later. The only "locked gun" you're talking about is Whisper of the Worm, which is gained from an activity that was hardly difficult to do by the time Forsaken had launched so long as you had two other sapient beings to play with (and Whisper proved ultimately not that essential). And that last point is reaching as fuck. Platforming in Destiny didn't start at Forsaken, so you must have been traumatized for a long while before then.

None of this shit is a "debacle". Sounds like a strange you problem.

Amibguous Cad

Oct 25, 2017
If you're really a casual, you probably shouldn't give a shit about raiding day one, I'm pretty hardish to the core myself if you know what I mean and I didn't do the raid until like a week later. The only "locked gun" you're talking about is Whisper of the Worm, which is gained from an activity that was hardly difficult to do by the time Forsaken had launched so long as you had two other sapient beings to play with (and Whisper proved ultimately not that essential). And that last point is reaching as fuck. Platforming in Destiny didn't start at Forsaken, so you must have been traumatized for a long while before then.

None of this shit is a "debacle". Sounds like a strange you problem.

Yeah, the "strange 'you' problem" that I have is a drunk driver hurling 4000 pounds of metal going 80 miles an hour at my skull. And if you don't recognize the difference in difficulty between, say, the King's Fall platforming challenges and the Whisper quest I don't know what to tell you. (For one thing, one is *timed* and the other isn't).

Oct 27, 2017
Just watched that Datto video last night. I think it's time to unsub. Wasn't expecting him to double down on entitlement.
Entitlement...yada, yada, yada.

I've been saying for years that the game needs a (rewarding) endless mode of sorts that is iterated on and updated for both solo and co-op play that constantly challenges the players and the characters they have been building through progression. I'd trade all the meaningless and incredibly mundane activities of the last few years and recent times especially for something like this.

If this is the video you're talking about...

...then he's right as nothing feels like it matters much whether you play 1 hour or 100 hours per week. it doesn't matter to me though as I'm pretty much off the train. If they create something worthwhile of my time then great, if not, oh well. I have zero positive expectations of this new independent Bungie or the new (garbage) seasonal structure.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, the "strange 'you' problem" that I have is a drunk driver hurling 4000 pounds of metal going 80 miles an hour at my skull. And if you don't recognize the difference in difficulty between, say, the King's Fall platforming challenges and the Whisper quest I don't know what to tell you. (For one thing, one is *timed* and the other isn't).

Yikesboyardee. Bruv, you can't just trap me with that shit. How am I supposed to make a rebuttal to that.

But uh, as I said, you don't need to Whisper and you can just skip the platforming bits. There ya go, all good.

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
The game doesn't feel rewarding when you constantly nerf things. For many people why bother anymore. Just for the sake of collecting is no longer a thing.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
I'm visually impaired (only one eye having functional sight which affects my ability to judge distances), and I sherpa Whisper/Zero Hour on a weekly basis. Also every single raid in the game has been cleared by a full clan of deaf and mute guardians, go figure.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017

That debacle.

God forbid Bungie make something challenging

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm visually impaired (only one eye having functional sight which affects my ability to judge distances), and I sherpa Whisper/Zero Hour on a weekly basis. Also every single raid in the game has been cleared by a full clan of deaf and mute guardians, go figure.

I'm not sure if we should be playing the disability olympics here, for a lack of better words. Lookie lookie, we can all empathize with Ambiguous Cad. For what was merely a bunch of a hippity hoppity for most of us, it was a debacle for him considering his circumstances along with many others who have a disability. Some have it worse than others. What may be easy for a deaf player ain't so for someone else who can't help not having the coordination to deal with certain encounters in the game.

It's ultimately a larger issue beyond Destiny in regards to a lot of game design today not taking those with disabilities into account, especially live service games that are of the mindset that "not all content is for everyone", and I quote a developer from these forums who quite literally said this. Devs gotta offer a variety of content that is compelling to both casuals and their core players to keep them around. Said content for core players might have to be more compelling to do that which may lead to content that isn't always accessible for a lot of folk. Complicated situation and shit.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
Is the challenge that you must be able to devote 3h+/day to keep up with the grind? And use a website to help you optimize that grind.

No the challenge is to learn how to jump. I am talking about the Whisper. Raiding is whatever. If you cant do it day 1, you cant do it day 1. It will be ok.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Just a quick note: I run newbie friendly raids on PC with other veteran players in the discord every now and then. Can step that up to often if enough players need it.

Let me know here or in the discord (same username).

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
Speaking of, I did Leviathan finally for the first time last night. Was great, and the whisper, while not absolutely broken anymore, still does a shitload of damage. We took the longest by far in the gardens with those damn dogs.

hoserx

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
Just a quick note: I run newbie friendly raids on PC with other veteran players in the discord every now and then. Can step that up to often if enough players need it.

I need to get into this. I have played off and on from launch, pretty hard for the last 4-5 months though. I've never done a raid or a dungeon. I should probably get on the discord.

Deleted member 388

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I should try to get in on this. Only raid / dungeon content I've done so far is Shattered Throne and it was easily the best PvE content I've seen in the game so far.

Amibguous Cad

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure if we should be playing the disability olympics here, for a lack of better words. Lookie lookie, we can all empathize with Ambiguous Cad. For what was merely a bunch of a hippity hoppity for most of us, it was a debacle for him considering his circumstances along with many others who have a disability. Some have it worse than others. What may be easy for a deaf player ain't so for someone else who can't help not having the coordination to deal with certain encounters in the game.

It's ultimately a larger issue beyond Destiny in regards to a lot of game design today not taking those with disabilities into account, especially live service games that are of the mindset that "not all content is for everyone", and I quote a developer from these forums who quite literally said this. Devs gotta offer a variety of content that is compelling to both casuals and their core players to keep them around. Said content for core players might have to be more compelling to do that which may lead to content that isn't always accessible for a lot of folk. Complicated situation and shit.

I appreciate this, and I was sharper than I'd intended to be earlier, for which I apologize. Water under the bridge, in any case.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I need to get into this. I have played off and on from launch, pretty hard for the last 4-5 months though. I've never done a raid or a dungeon. I should probably get on the discord.
I should try to get in on this. Only raid / dungeon content I've done so far is Shattered Throne and it was easily the best PvE content I've seen in the game so far.
I'm a GMT timezone player who usually raids between 8pm-2am. If that's something you can manage then we can set something up asap.

If not, we can organize with other sherpas np. If you both let me know your availability now, we can get it started!

Deleted member 388

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a GMT timezone player who usually raids between 8pm-2am. If that's something you can manage then we can set something up asap.

If not, we can organize with other sherpas np. If you both let me know your availability now, we can get it started!
I'm in EST and could probably do 12-2AM GMT as long as my fiancee is working in the evening. (should Wed-Fri this week) Although I'm imagining her reaction if she got out early, came home and I said I couldn't do anything with her because I'm in the middle of a raid.

28sUNbX.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
There's some kind of new quest from Osiris that takes you back to the Corridors of Time. No one's quite sure what it's about yet, but the streamers and raidsecrets are on it.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in EST and could probably do 12-2AM GMT as long as my fiancee is working in the evening. (should Wed-Fri this week) Although I'm imagining her reaction if she got out early, came home and I said I couldn't do anything with her because I'm in the middle of a raid.

28sUNbX.jpg
Ok, that's pushing it a bit for first time for me (trying to get my sleeping patterns in check atm). Could easily set one up for you through the discord.

Have you joined?

texmechanica

Nov 19, 2018

My buddy and I have been looking to run last wish for the first time for a while. I'll get with him on a potential date and we can organize a group in the discord if you're willing to sherpa!

Status
Not open for further replies.