• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So I'm thinking about getting back into this game. I played a little on PS4 when it first came out, but now I've got a fancy new PC and want to pick it up there.

When would be the optimal time to pick up the expansions? When I run out of stuff to do, or is there a benefit to getting them earlier?

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
So I'm thinking about getting back into this game. I played a little on PS4 when it first came out, but now I've got a fancy new PC and want to pick it up there.

When would be the optimal time to pick up the expansions? When I run out of stuff to do, or is there a benefit to getting them earlier?

I'd say try it out the base free version for a little while, theres ample stuff to do. And then if you are still hooked by the time the expansions go on sale again, scoop them up when they are cheap. I would at the very least tho buy the season pass which is currently 1000 silver ($10). It will give you things as you rank up and it goes really quickly.

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'd say try it out the base free version for a little while, theres ample stuff to do. And then if you are still hooked by the time the expansions go on sale again, scoop them up when they are cheap. I would at the very least tho buy the season pass which is currently 1000 silver ($10). It will give you things as you rank up and it goes really quickly.

Sounds like a good idea. I did find I could get my old character from a cross save, so I'm gonna see where I was with that, haha.

Edit: Totally lost, just gonna start over.

Last edited:

Deleted member 388

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, that's pushing it a bit for first time for me (trying to get my sleeping patterns in check atm). Could easily set one up for you through the discord.

Have you joined?
Yeah, the time zone difference overlaps with work for the most part. Could do a weekend though. Yup, joined the discord. Should I post in the sherpa channel?

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Playing destiny 2
trying to do the green with envy quest, the show off stop. The mission is bugged and wont log kills for gambit, anyone know how to fix it?

Oct 28, 2017
Questions, need answers!

I've noticed various Triumphs for Season 9 are bugged (the Crucible and Gambit weekly triumphs aren't tracking properly)? Will this be fixed and retroactive?

There was no Iron Banner armor triumph so far this season, what gives?

Are there any secret triumphs available to earn for Dawn Seal that haven't been revealed yet, outside of the Saint 14 and exotic secret ones?

FashionTarkus

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
mmmm they must know that if it's just lore blood will be shed..so I assume exotic. I thought there was one that was datamined (rocket maybe?)
but again it's bungie, so it might just be lore and an emblem...

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Working on a new build for fun. I don't have the relevant armour pieces for the grenade dawn mod yet, so I'm making do with what I have until then. I'm wondering if anyone has any advice for it:

Code of the Devastator with throwing hammers.
Ashen Wake Exotic with fusion grenades.
Perfect Paradox with Demo/Swashbuckler.

Throw hammers, Stack roaring flames, throw grenade, charge grenade with PP activating swash, throw hammers, repeat.
Or
Throw hammers, Stack Roaring flames, throw grenade, kill to recharge grenade, throw grenade, keeping roaring up with the grenade strike.

Fusion grenades do around 27k damage per and the instant hit is good for clearing out enemies.

Anything more I can do with this while I'm waiting for the armour to try the mods?

Last edited:

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
So it looks like I have 2 seasons unlocked from purchasing the upgrade pack on both PS4 and Steam. The first season is the current one. How does the next unlocked season work? Is it just automatically the next season, or can I choose when to activate it?

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Did the first 6 pieces of lore.
Seems like there are hints in the obelisks every hour, and a total of 19 lore pieces.
So yay for me and any Non american players who wont get to participate in it directly since it runs through the night/workday.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Did the first 6 pieces of lore.
Seems like there are hints in the obelisks every hour, and a total of 19 lore pieces.
So yay for me and any Non american players who wont get to participate in it directly since it runs through the night/workday.

If it's a 19 hour event, no one can participate in all of it unless it's their job and even then that's mostly spending 5 minutes running through portals every hour.

Deleted member 13015

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Tangled Shore's daily Heroic Mission boss has a chance to drop a Warlock robe (Scorned Baron Robes).

qo7mf25e9pl11.jpg

Kinda cool, kinda ugly... better looking than what I have right now atleast.

Darkgran

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a website that outlines quests or something like that. I'm just getting back into this after 6 months and i'm lost....

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else get a splash screen informing you of the very new and not at all month old solar subclass changes?

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The Tangled Shore's daily Heroic Mission boss has a chance to drop a Warlock robe (Scorned Baron Robes).

Kinda cool, kinda ugly... better looking than what I have right now atleast.

You literally just copied my year 2 hobolock look. I'll be farming it to get it back and be greeted with a bunch of shitty stat rolls.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Still enjoying Gambit but man invasions occur far too frequently, and it's trivial annihilating the opposing team as they show up on your "radar". I killed the entire opposing team five times over last match. That is silly. It should be fixed.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Still enjoying Gambit but man invasions occur far too frequently, and it's trivial annihilating the opposing team as they show up on your "radar". I killed the entire opposing team five times over last match. That is silly. It should be fixed.
The problem is that itt's a team game, the other side are supposed to be working together to hunt you when you invade. Randoms are bad, or rather completely uncoordinated. Try that against a team playing together and it gets far harder.

And that's the main issue with gambit, it only really shines in 4v4.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Okay, the galloping knight emote is the greatest emote they've ever done.

Unfortunately, no one ever does the multiplayer emotes with you so it's not worth it.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
The problem is that itt's a team game, the other side are supposed to be working together to hunt you when you invade. Randoms are bad, or rather completely uncoordinated. Try that against a team playing together and it gets far harder.

And that's the main issue with gambit, it only really shines in 4v4.

Good point, you're right.

I also finally got the drop I've been hunting for months:

cVkYerD.png

Let's get ready for business.

Status
Not open for further replies.