• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I'd say it's because D2 multiplayer has degenerated into a bunch of wandering the map and getting insta-killed by the numerous abilities and special weapons Bungie's implemented to make sure every class has a means to delete at least one person from existence per usage. Shoulder charge, headshot knife, charge grenade, special weapons, etc. Before anyone says anything, yes, I know that's not all people use in Crucible. But it's a decent chunk of my deaths in the game, and I'm far from a bad player.

In Breakthrough, it's far from perfect, but at the very least you're not reliant on specials or cooldowns to be able to contest a lot of different weapons... even if for the most part it comes down to 150RPM scout rifles. But hey, I like the fact that each gunfight has a consistent, rapid pace to it, even if the cheesers who use Graviton with mid-tree Nightstalker and crouchwalk all over the place completely ruin the mode. They're why I stopped playing Breakthrough.

IMO, it's a band-aid at best. What we really need is a full rework of Crucible: spawn with primary ammo only, and control parts of the map that offer special ammo at semi-regular periods of time (such as with weapon pickups in Halo). Have heavy be substantially less plentiful, but offer two spawns for it so players are fighting over 3-4 special ammo spawns and 1-2 heavy spawns (based on map size).

I'm also curious what folks think regarding replacing the shoulder charge instant kill with a knockback that instantly kills if they hit a wall. That way you can at the very least push players into danger and deal a decent bit of damage that can be followed up with some gunfire if you don't instantly get results, but it punishes shotgun bulls by putting enemies they panic melee out of shotgun and melee range.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I'd say it's because D2 multiplayer has degenerated into a bunch of wandering the map and getting insta-killed by the numerous abilities and special weapons Bungie's implemented to make sure every class has a means to delete at least one person from existence per usage. Shoulder charge, headshot knife, charge grenade, special weapons, etc. Before anyone says anything, yes, I know that's not all people use in Crucible. But it's a decent chunk of my deaths in the game, and I'm far from a bad player.

In Breakthrough, it's far from perfect, but at the very least you're not reliant on specials or cooldowns to be able to contest a lot of different weapons... even if for the most part it comes down to 150RPM scout rifles. But hey, I like the fact that each gunfight has a consistent, rapid pace to it, even if the cheesers who use Graviton with mid-tree Nightstalker and crouchwalk all over the place completely ruin the mode. They're why I stopped playing Breakthrough.

IMO, it's a band-aid at best. What we really need is a full rework of Crucible: spawn with primary ammo only, and control parts of the map that offer special ammo at semi-regular periods of time (such as with weapon pickups in Halo). Have heavy be substantially less plentiful, but offer two spawns for it so players are fighting over 3-4 special ammo spawns and 1-2 heavy spawns (based on map size).

I'm also curious what folks think regarding replacing the shoulder charge instant kill with a knockback that instantly kills if they hit a wall. That way you can at the very least push players into danger and deal a decent bit of damage that can be followed up with some gunfire if you don't instantly get results, but it punishes shotgun bulls by putting enemies they panic melee out of shotgun and melee range.

But why do I have to run across the map to the vault

demi

Oct 27, 2017

Why do I have to wait 10 seconds to respawn

Remnants

Prophet of Regret
Jul 18, 2019
So apparently the codes are now repeating themselves? I wonder if that means its solvable or is bungo fucking with us?

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
So apparently the codes are now repeating themselves? I wonder if that means its solvable or is bungo fucking with us?
Bungo:
giphy.gif

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
If this new event reward is just a cosmetic or anything non-weapon then I wouldn't bother doing it even if its lore.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Did Gladd just get 1100+ subs within the last few hours?

Jesus... And here I am working a soulless, thankless desk job that makes me hate myself even more...

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
breh you've got my sub if you ever go pro

I appreciate that. A lot of friends, even family have pushed me to stream. I'm too self conscious about how I look on camera. I'm too self aware of my flaws, I guess. I don't think I'm cut out for it. Having a thick skin in forums and social media is one thing. But on YouTube or Twitch is a whole different ball game. It takes a level of self confidence and ego to succeed in that. It's why I've never cared about fame.

Plus, I'm good at the game, but there are far better players out there. Way better. I see myself as being knowledgeable and having fairly good ideas as to how to make the game better though.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
But PXG has the most accomplishments and time invested among Destiny resetera and also hold down a job. He can totally do D2 for a living lol.

I haven't done jack shit this season. It's the least I've played Destiny since Dark Below.

And there are plenty of great players here lurking in the shadows. Trust me, I ain't that hot. I'm decent. I'm just lucky enough to roll with good players who have high expectations. That's what motivated me I suppose.

I've played this season pretty casually, which is something I haven't done since year 1 of Destiny 1. I hope future seasons reignite that urge and desire to go hard.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate that. A lot of friends, even family have pushed me to stream. I'm too self conscious about how I look on camera. I'm too self aware of my flaws, I guess. I don't think I'm cut out for it. Having a thick skin in forums and social media is one thing. But on YouTube or Twitch is a whole different ball game. It takes a level of self confidence and ego to succeed in that. It's why I've never cared about fame.

Plus, I'm good at the game, but there are far better players out there. Way better. I see myself as being knowledgeable and having fairly good ideas as to how to make the game better though.
Nah dude, its just a mentle hurdle, the more you do, the more you get used to it to build confidence. In the end streaming is another job. And considering how accomplished you are in the franchise, it is a waste if you don't do it. You can always start out streaming without showing your face, look at Bluewestlo. He streams successfully but he never shows his face. His voice, laughter and his humor carries him.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
LOL. True. The thought of playing this season full time makes my butthole itchy.

Most Destiny streamers are probably really depressed knowing their game is their livelihood tbh. What if the next season is worse? What if Bungie totally fucks up? No raids, no difficult content, crucible is a nightmare. Smart ones like Goth branch out, and do variety.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Most Destiny streamers are probably really depressed knowing their game is their livelihood tbh. What if the next season is worse? What if Bungie totally fucks up? No raids, no difficult content, crucible is a nightmare. Smart ones like Goth branch out, and do variety.

That's the tough part and risk of doing this streaming shit as a career. Do you dedicate to one game and build a super loyal fan base or do you branch out, play a variety of games and cater to a wider, yet less loyal audience? A bad decision will completely ruin you and your reputation. It's terrifying.

I've followed Cobalt Streak for years. He is THE guy in the Binding of Isaac community. But whenever he tries to play other games, his viewer count plummets. I remember when he stopped playing League on stream (which is a game he loved) because people don't want to watch it and just wanted to see him play Issac. I imagine that was really upsetting for him.

He plays other games, but he still mains Issac because that's what fans want. But he can't do it forever. The devs and modding community will only support it for so long. So when that ends, what then? That applies to any game.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Rumors suggest that the coffin is ours. Within it, is a weapon (arguably an exotic sword). Saint-14 believes we'll "perform a miracle" by "coming back" and reclaiming it.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
It's going to be the item you need for the Bastion quest and it will sit in your inventory for two weeks.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
Frankly an exotic sword doesn't sound exciting. Worldline Zero is nothing more than a speedrunning tool and Black Talon is ever used when its Void singe heavyweight. Bungie should have made Swords as a special weapon instead.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
I want an Imperative scout rifle, you think they will ever bring it back? :(

Trying to find a nice hard hitting Scout that I like the look of. Lots of uggos out there.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's not just about the streamers though, I probably don't need to tell you there's a niche pocket of the D2 community that lap this stuff up and have been yearning for something like this for a while now. I think it's cool that this is for them.
I don't doubt the niche appeal.
But this is for people who play the game for a living.
Gladd is racking up the subs as we speak.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
I've never been so addicted to Destiny. They really did a great job with the Season stuff to make you want to keep grinding out those levels and on top of that letting you purchase bounties for glimmer so you can keep playing without running out of shit to do. Old Destiny used to let me log in, do some activities, some bounties and go 'welp I'm done for the day/week'. Here I can just keep playing and feel rewarded with the amount of shit to do and rewards to earn. I'm just over half way to earning Symmetry's Ornament too. My one complaint is I feel like they need to do a full transmog system. I'm okay with the Universal Ornaments system currently because they have released a good amount of cool looking sets but I want to be able to use any look I want eventually. Hopefully that's something in the works. Ditching Activision was the best thing Bungie could have done. It makes me want to spend $$$ in the store to support the game. Also 4k/60fps with the PS5/XBSX please.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland

Trying to find a nice hard hitting Scout that I like the look of. Lots of uggos out there.
They said Seasonal loot would reappear, but it would take 6+ months.
My guess is they will be inspired by the model that some great mobile games follow, where they rerun seasons alongiside other new stuff so newcomers dont loose out too much.

Like say after this batch of 4 Seasons they do a PVP season, but rerun Season of Undying/Dawn/... and refresh other stuff so PVE players dont feel like there is "nothing" to do.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
They said Seasonal loot would reappear, but it would take 6+ months.
My guess is they will be inspired by the model that some great mobile games follow, where they rerun seasons alongiside other new stuff so newcomers dont loose out too much.

Like say after this batch of 4 Seasons they do a PVP season, but rerun Season of Undying/Dawn/... and refresh other stuff so PVE players dont feel like there is "nothing" to do.

That would be great, I would like to have a chance to earn some of the stuff I missed. I like the idea of a PvP based season, with an old PvE one that's run at the same time.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
That would be great, I would like to have a chance to earn some of the stuff I missed. I like the idea of a PvP based season, with an old PvE one that's run at the same time.
Little side note, Imperative isnt actually all that good a scout.
If you like/dont mind the looks of the sundial scout, it has some really good/rare perks on a good archetype.

Personally my go to scout has been Randy, Rapid-Hit Killclip is an excellent perkset, and it has even overtaken my usage of recluse in pve.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I can confirm from leaks that the explosive payload auto rifle is locked in the coffin.

It did not miss out, as it was a doo doo scout. Good 150 scouts are the one from Crown of Sorrows raid and Talons of the Eagle from IB. Good 180 scouts are nothing. Good 200 scouts are all of them.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Playing Destiny this long and I honestly have no idea how to judge weapons since there are no raw numbers to compare. Since I only do PVE its not a big deal and for PVP I just copy what other ppl kill me with.

I just go by gun feel mostly. Currently rocking that Moon Handcannon and I love that thing just because every time it fires it sound like a robot elephant just ripped a big one.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Playing Destiny this long and I honestly have no idea how to judge weapons since there are no raw numbers to compare. Since I only do PVE its not a big deal and for PVP I just copy what other ppl kill me with.

I just go by gun feel mostly. Currently rocking that Moon Handcannon and I love that thing just because every time it fires it sound like a robot elephant just ripped a big one.

I have bad news for you.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland

There are raw numbers to compare, but you mostly need outside tools.
I recently started following some yt person that does detailed weapon reviews(not the joke the big ytbers do for the clicks, but actually using it extensively).
Enlightened me to the glory of Rapid Hit and even showed me that Field Prep is actually great, since its basically outlaw on demand just crouch, hit reload and start running again, for enhanced reload you only need to be crouched when you hit the button, not the entire animation.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
No, really. It's right here.

bad_news___destiny_2_by_princeofchaos59_dbvx1f0-fullview.jpg

BzZ2tm1CQAECQXM.jpg

There are raw numbers to compare, but you mostly need outside tools.
I recently started following some yt person that does detailed weapon reviews(not the joke the big ytbers do for the clicks, but actually using it extensively).
Enlightened me to the glory of Rapid Hit and even showed me that Field Prep is actually great, since its basically outlaw on demand just crouch, hit reload and start running again, for enhanced reload you only need to be crouched when you hit the button, not the entire animation.
Yeah Im using Light.gg more now just to help me compare weapons and perks a bit better but I still stick to what feels good to me mostly.

I actually started going for field prep more as well just for what you mentioned but framing it as outlaw on demand is something I never thought of and kinda makes sense.

I prefer to hang back in fights so I can train myself to get into crouch easier than if I was in the thick of it and I started seeing the value of the perk if nothing else better is available or too tedious to try to roll.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
BzZ2tm1CQAECQXM.jpg

Yeah Im using Light.gg more now just to help me compare weapons and perks a bit better but I still stick to what feels good to me mostly.

I actually started going for field prep more as well just for what you mentioned but framing it as outlaw on demand is something I never thought of and kinda makes sense.

I prefer to hang back in fights so I can train myself to get into crouch easier than if I was in the thick of it and I started seeing the value of the perk if nothing else better is available or too tedious to try to roll.
your post reads like you aren't using DIM.

you ARE using DIM, right?

*begins to sweat*

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
your post reads like you aren't using DIM.

you ARE using DIM, right?

*begins to sweat*
What exactly is DIM ?
I saw some streamer mention it a bit in passing, but i didnt really get it.

From what i saw in the video i watched, the reload speed buff of field prep is the same as outlaw, but activating the perk is trivial compared to getting a precision kill (especially for me with my controller on pc).
If you have the Solar Ritual Machinegun, it has field prep and i used that to learn how to use the perk right.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
What exactly is DIM ?
I saw some streamer mention it a bit in passing, but i didnt really get it.

From what i saw in the video i watched, the reload speed buff of field prep is the same as outlaw, but activating the perk is trivial compared to getting a precision kill (especially for me with my controller on pc).
If you have the Solar Ritual Machinegun, it has field prep and i used that to learn how to use the perk right.
on lordy. It is the quintessntial in-browser, drag-and-drop, destiny item manager. My friend, please go here, sign in and thank us later.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry idk what is DIM. Even the light gg thing I stumbled upon while googling for weapon perks.

But I'll look into it in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.