• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
on lordy. It is the quintessntial in-browser, drag-and-drop, destiny item manager. My friend, please go here, sign in and thank us later.

Might check it out, but i play controller, so i cant really use it while i am playing destiny, even if i am on pc.
So its basically like an enhanced version of the thing in the destiny app ? For item management i usualy use that on my ipad.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Sorry idk what is DIM. Even the light gg thing I stumbled upon while googling for weapon perks.

But I'll look into it in the future.
Definitely make it a priority. The link is in my last post.

Use the beta.* version of the site. Newer features.

Might check it out, but i play controller, so i cant really use it while i am playing destiny, even if i am on pc.
So its basically like an enhanced version of the thing in the destiny app ? For item management i usualy use that on my ipad.
Yes, it is an enhanced version of those things (see video above). I've not tried DIM on an iPad, but I assume it works fine. I'd definitely recommend logging in with it and trying it out.

Everyone uses DIM regardless of platform they play on and I'd go as far as to say that a fair number of people would quit playing destiny altogether if DIM ceased to exist tomorrow. It's that essential. the destiny phone apps are a bare minimum "in case of emergency" alternatives at best.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
No, really. It's right here.

bad_news___destiny_2_by_princeofchaos59_dbvx1f0-fullview.jpg
th

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
These puzzles are neat...to an extent...it's basically the entire community waiting for streamers to figure this shit out. 99.9999999999% of players don't have time to dedicate 20+ non-stop hours to this kind of stuff, not even me. Unless you have the luxury to stay home all day or a total bum, you're kinda fucked. Destiny instills a major sense of FOMO.

I can definitely relate. It's what drives me mostly. I don't want to miss out on being among the first to find secrets, or doing new activities blind. Though helpful, guides and videos undermine the experience, robbing the player of any sense of discovery and wonder. It just isn't the same as figuring it out on your own.

Its hard to imagine not doing day one raids. The idea of doing a raid, weeks later, and getting carried, without figuring it out on my own, thus eliminating that sense of accomplishment, just seems underwhelming. There's simply nothing like beating a raid day one (or within the first few days), totally blind, with your friends, knowing that you did it purely on skill and perseverance.

But we live in the real world where real life obligations and responsibilities get in the way. So the aforementioned, lofty aspirations become very difficult to sustain. And it sucks. It's unfair. All players should get to experience that feeling. That sense of satisfaction, without it being dumbed down to the lowest common denominator.

I just wish there was a way for others to experience the best of what this game has to offer, without such monumental and unrealistic dedication. But I suppose that's just it...such a grandiose pay off requires that much input

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I don't have any FOMO with stuff like this.
It's not made for me. I literally can just enjoy doing other stuff and then once it's solved follow a guide and get the reward IF I even deem the reward worth my time.

With raids I agree, I always want my first raid clear to be blind. Luckily I got a group for that.

Remnants

Prophet of Regret
Jul 18, 2019
I'm surprised that 20 hours in that the solution or rewards haven't been datamined yet. If it has then people are doing an excellent job keeping it from leaking.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
These puzzles are neat...to an extent...it's basically the entire community waiting for streamers to figure this shit out. 99.9999999999% of players don't have time to dedicate 20+ non-stop hours to this kind of stuff, not even me. Unless you have the luxury to stay home all day or a total bum, you're kinda fucked. Destiny instills a major sense of FOMO.

I can definitely relate. It's what drives me mostly. I don't want to miss out on being among the first to find secrets, or doing new activities blind. Though helpful, guides and videos undermine the experience, robbing the player of any sense of discovery and wonder. It just isn't the same as figuring it out on your own.

Its hard to imagine not doing day one raids. The idea of doing a raid, weeks later, and getting carried, without figuring it out on my own, thus eliminating that sense of accomplishment, just seems underwhelming. There's simply nothing like beating a raid day one (or within the first few days), totally blind, with your friends, knowing that you did it purely on skill and perseverance.

But we live in the real world where real life obligations and responsibilities get in the way. So the aforementioned, lofty aspirations become very difficult to sustain. And it sucks. It's unfair. All players should get to experience that feeling. That sense of satisfaction, without it being dumbed down to the lowest common denominator.

I just wish there was a way for others to experience the best of what this game has to offer, without such monumental and unrealistic dedication. But I suppose that's just it...such a grandiose pay off requires that much input

Even if it were not a 20h event, most people would not engage with it.
The friend that got me into destiny didnt even want to do the very first run through the corridors to get a single one lore piece.
"Why struggle to do it, when i can wait a few days and follow a guide for maximum efficency".

So i did my first run blind just brute forcing for with the pattern of the obelisk, then went online and looked at solutions for the rest, but had to go to sleep due to work.

About the raid aspect you talk about, i personally dont raid since i cant commit to the required time to even try learning how to raid, but when you say that much of the "good" raid experience is lost when not raiding day one(which itself is even more impossible , since it requires huge time investments to be day one raid ready, before invesing more time to raid) that just makes me think that the concept of raids in itself is a bad idea, and a waste of dev time.

Why invest so much into something only a fraction of the playerbase can engage with, and that looses much of the enjoyment even that fraction could draw from it shortly after the raid releases ?

It feels kinda like that conversation in the recent exotic quest about how many people only go into crucible to chase hardware(aka loot, mostly the pinnacles) rather than because they actually want to play the crucible.
If exotics and the occasional meta Legendary were not tied to Raids, is there really any reason to raid besides day one for the sense of accomplishment ?

I'm surprised that 20 hours in that the solution or rewards haven't been datamined yet. If it has then people are doing an excellent job keeping it under wraps.
Maybe they cant datamine the rewards because there are none.
But that is something only a cynical Destiny Veteran would say, which i am not.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Put me in the "I'll just wait for other ppl to figure this shit out and then I'll follow them" camp.

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
just crazy, people have been trying different things like the magic hexagon

Magic hexagon

A magic hexagon of order n is an arrangement of numbers in a centered hexagonal pattern with n cells on each edge, in such a way that the numbers in each row, in all three directions, sum to the same magic constant M. A normal magic hexagon contains the consecutive integers from 1 to 3n2 − 3n + 1. It turns out that normal magic hexagons exist only for n = 1 (which is trivial, as it is composed of only 1 hexagon) and n = 3. Moreover, the solution of order 3 is essentially unique.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
just crazy, people have been trying different things like the magic hexagon

Magic hexagon

A magic hexagon of order n is an arrangement of numbers in a centered hexagonal pattern with n cells on each edge, in such a way that the numbers in each row, in all three directions, sum to the same magic constant M. A normal magic hexagon contains the consecutive integers from 1 to 3n2 − 3n + 1. It turns out that normal magic hexagons exist only for n = 1 (which is trivial, as it is composed of only 1 hexagon) and n = 3. Moreover, the solution of order 3 is essentially unique.
That seems way to far reaching.

My theory on what i saw so far(only did 6 rooms though) is that each room has a big symbol in the middle and certain sides open.
So when we have all the rooms, we could map all the big symbols into a even bigger map that leads to the final room where we can interact with the coffin that atm just boots people out of the room.

Oct 25, 2017
I'd guess more people would rather know what to do in a raid before going in and potentially getting carried. There is a reason why the day one attempts at raids are a low percentage in comparison to the entire community. Not everyone has FOMO, and some people straight up don't care. There is people in this very thread that talk relentlessly about YouTuber's and the way they go on, but probably play nearly as much as them and spout the nonsense they do but on forums. It's all laughable really.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Hogwarths does not teach any maths or common sense.
Thing that bothered my about that place in general is the total lack of any general education classes.

You need to attend Ishtar Academy with Professor Byf and Principal Datto.
Magical hexagon sounds like wizard school shenanigans to me.

This forum doesn't care for the two you mentioned.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Even if it were not a 20h event, most people would not engage with it.
The friend that got me into destiny didnt even want to do the very first run through the corridors to get a single one lore piece.
"Why struggle to do it, when i can wait a few days and follow a guide for maximum efficency".

So i did my first run blind just brute forcing for with the pattern of the obelisk, then went online and looked at solutions for the rest, but had to go to sleep due to work.

About the raid aspect you talk about, i personally dont raid since i cant commit to the required time to even try learning how to raid, but when you say that much of the "good" raid experience is lost when not raiding day one(which itself is even more impossible , since it requires huge time investments to be day one raid ready, before invesing more time to raid) that just makes me think that the concept of raids in itself is a bad idea, and a waste of dev time.

Why invest so much into something only a fraction of the playerbase can engage with, and that looses much of the enjoyment even that fraction could draw from it shortly after the raid releases ?

It feels kinda like that conversation in the recent exotic quest about how many people only go into crucible to chase hardware(aka loot, mostly the pinnacles) rather than because they actually want to play the crucible.
If exotics and the occasional meta Legendary were not tied to Raids, is there really any reason to raid besides day one for the sense of accomplishment ?

Maybe they cant datamine the rewards because there are none.
But that is something only a cynical Destiny Veteran would say, which i am not.

You don't necessarily have to do a raid the very first day for it to be satisfying. However, you just run the risk of caving into peer pressure (when it comes to using a guide) and less likely to find others who want to run it blind too, as time goes on. After a while, people just want to get shit done. They've already gotten over the high of that first experience. It's just not the same when you're with people who rush through it because they've done it 50+ times already.

Oct 25, 2017

I wouldnt take their word as absolute when it comes to raiding.
I've done every raid in Destiny 2 since it launched and the first time is usually a week or so after it launches and even then its not to completion.
A very small population of the player base will aim to be raid ready by day one of the raid, but by not being and by not doing it day one, does absolutely NOT take away from the fun of completing it for your first time. Nothing is lost at all.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Reminds me of that forge shit where they just fucked up and forgot to put the clue in.

Incoming bungie tweet... whoopies

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
This is a good problem to have. I love it when a community comes together to figure out stuff. PT was the best times when people were figuring out that. Gladd is the king of endurance streaming. He's been at it for god knows how long and isn't giving up like the rest.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
The one thing I gotta say is that if you have never done Riven legit then you can uninstall the game.
Don't @ me ;)

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Sorry idk what is DIM. Even the light gg thing I stumbled upon while googling for weapon perks.

But I'll look into it in the future.

What exactly is DIM ?
I saw some streamer mention it a bit in passing, but i didnt really get it.

From what i saw in the video i watched, the reload speed buff of field prep is the same as outlaw, but activating the perk is trivial compared to getting a precision kill (especially for me with my controller on pc).
If you have the Solar Ritual Machinegun, it has field prep and i used that to learn how to use the perk right.
(the mobile app is great)

DIM is the true Savior; it is a guiding light for all guardians

I wouldnt take their word as absolute when it comes to raiding.
I've done every raid in Destiny 2 since it launched and the first time is usually a week or so after it launches and even then its not to completion.
A very small population of the player base will aim to be raid ready by day one of the raid, but by not being and by not doing it day one, does absolutely NOT take away from the fun of completing it for your first time. Nothing is lost at all.

but, but, but!

I only had about 29+ hours in Garden before I finally got my clear, lol.

The one thing I gotta say is that if you have never done Riven legit then you can uninstall the game.
Don't @ me ;)

Did it my first clear and will never do that nonsense again....

Last edited:

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada
Each vault floor pattern links up with others based on the small-hex-symbols around the border; assembling this 19-hex hexagon with the open/closed edged of the big hexes reveals a path. Following this path's symbols in the Corridors earns you an emblem.

You can use DIM on your iPad, works fine. On PC, I put the controller down and alt-tab to the browser running DIM. I guess if you're sitting far from the keyboard/mouse it might be difficult. Have an old MacBook next to me when I play on Xbox.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
(the mobile app is great)

DIM is the true Savior; it is a guiding light for all guardians
So there is a DIM Mobile app ?
That would be nice.

You can use DIM on your iPad, works fine. On PC, I put the controller down and alt-tab to the browser running DIM. I guess if you're sitting far from the keyboard/mouse it might be difficult. Have an old MacBook next to me when I play on Xbox.
Yeah, i have my PC wired with a long HDMI to my TV and dont have my keyboard/mouse anywhere near me when playing Destiny(which is always fun when clanmates or friends message me).
Usualy i have my Ipad close to listen to podcasts and use the destiny app, though i rarely actively need to organise my inventory while playing, maybe because i only have one active character though.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Gladd's trying to take Bungie's #1 spot from Datto after that Datto vid dropped earlier this week.
I just checked his twitter for a few secs, really dont hope Bungie chooses such a person as the community representative.
Datto isnt much better with his lack of caring recently.
We need a common player representative.
I vote shark

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I just checked his twitter for a few secs, really dont hope Bungie chooses such a person as the community representative.
Datto isnt much better with his lack of caring recently.
We need a common player representative.
I vote shark
I for one welcome our aquatic apex predator representative.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hurry up and solve this puzzle for me already, Jesus fucking Christ. Ask for the simplest shit to get done and folk just gotta take their time doing it. What about me.

astro

Oct 25, 2017

You still get a sense of discovery doing content that is figured out, and just because you're taught doesn't mean you're carried.

It definitely doesn't mean "dumbed down to the lowest common demoninator".

Not everyone considers these things important, let alone the best the game has to offer.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Man this shit is nuts.

Say what you will, but this effort is very much requiring the collecitve brain power of a sizable portion of the community to work though. I'm really interested on how Bungie even comes up with this shit. These are not trivial puzzle creations.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Just a refresher for those who might have a serious case of FOMO

- Since tuesday, Osiris had a quest for us to explore the Corridors of Time
- You go in and wonder, ok what the fuck do I do
- Turns out every hour there is a code that is displayed on the Obelisks
- Navigating the Corridors of Time with the code leads you to a mystery coffin and gives you a lore piece (19 total). This also shows another "map" piece of some sort.
- Turns out all those map pieces turn into an even bigger map that leads to an emblem
- But now that room has another map piece
- Except each map piece is seemingly unique to players, so now this is a collective effort by everyone to make an even bigger map of some kind

- Complain that this content was made for streamers
- Support Eververse

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Just a refresher for those who might have a serious case of FOMO

- Since tuesday, Osiris had a quest for us to explore the Corridors of Time
- You go in and wonder, ok what the fuck do I do
- Turns out every hour there is a code that is displayed on the Obelisks
- Navigating the Corridors of Time with the code leads you to a mystery coffin and gives you a lore piece (19 total). This also shows another "map" piece of some sort.
- Turns out all those map pieces turn into an even bigger map that leads to an emblem
- But now that room has another map piece
- Except each map piece is seemingly unique to players, so now this is a collective effort by everyone to make an even bigger map of some kind

- Complain that this content was made for streamers
- Support Eververse

I'll check back next week when it's all figured out.

I'll be bit(hing about playing comp and playing other games in my backlog for the time being.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
Question about the current event thing. Do you have to wait till the hour that the code is on the obelisks to do that code? I assume so since the one I saw yesterday didn't work when I tried, but then I noticed it was a new hour, went back to obelisk, and tried the new one shown and it worked, but not sure if I just fucked something up.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
No, you can do all the codes found right now, along with the emblem

You probably fucked up the sequence. I did it too when I first was doing the codes

Status
Not open for further replies.