• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Bonus Glory stops after Fabled - after that you need to play 3 matches to prevent decay

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017

The champ is in the building and he has spoken. It's true that Frosty thinks everything is good because he whoops ass with everything...but him saying it's his favorite fusion means something.

He brought the receipts to prove it.

Remember Saint's eulogy for us when he was talking about this weapon never being used against Guardians ever again? Welp....

Why does everyone use Waking Vigil?

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017

a surprisingly cool and fun build for anyone looking to add some entertainment value to Iron Banner this week.

Definitely planning to try this one out. Looks real fun. Too bad I need to do like 180 strikes to get the Eriana's Vow catalyst... the progress for that catalyst is pathetic.

Also farmed a nicely rolled Breachlight and destroyed so many people in their super, it's insane!

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
They need to toss the whole 400 points of shit quest to get a catalyst out the window at least when the season ends.

astro

Oct 25, 2017

The champ is in the building and he has spoken. It's true that Frosty thinks everything is good because he whoops ass with everything...but him saying it's his favorite fusion means something.

He brought the receipts to prove it.

Remember Saint's eulogy for us when he was talking about this weapon never being used against Guardians ever again? Welp....

I don't follow streamers, but I'm going to follow this guy. He's insane and I love his commentary.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Why does everyone use Waking Vigil?
It's a really good 150rpm hand cannon. Very consistent.

150rpm hand cannons are the top tier in PvP because they can kill faster than 140's (110's aren't really relevant) as both archetypes require 3 headshots to kill, but 150's shoot faster. It's really that simple. Before now with the reintroduction of Jack Queen King 3, it was the only year 2+ 150 rpm in the energy slot. People who wanted to run a kinetic special weapon really had no choice if they wanted an energy 150 hand cannon to go with it. Plus, most of its perks are PvP related. Slideshot, opening shot, snapshot sights, and so on.

Waking Vigil also benefits from being very easy to farm via Menagerie. If you're looking to farm one, consider going for an Opening Shot + Snapshot/Slideshot roll. Jack Queen is also fine, but I find its chunky body to be off-putting as it's easier to loose your target around the frame. Waking Vigil is very thin so you see more. It matters (to me).

Has anybody found any weapon that headseeker is worth a damn on?
I have, yes. Checking through my inventory:
  • Bygones (rampage/kill clip/rangefinder + headseeker)
  • Sacred Provenance (rangefinder + headseeker)
  • Nightshade (rangefinder + headseeker)
  • Relentless (snapshot + headseeker)
  • Claws of the Wolf (rampage + headseeker)
  • Premonition (outlaw + headseeker)
  • Last Perdition (rangefinder + headseeker)
  • Adhortative (frenzy + headseeker)
  • Blast Furnace (frenzy + headseeker)
  • Right Side of Wrong (firmly planted + headseeker)
  • Traveler's Judgment (frenzy/rapid hit + headseeker)
  • Death by Scorn (full auto + headseeker)

They're all very good. Want to frustrate someone from range with a pulse? Catch them with that headseeker reliability. You'll win damn near every 1v1. It just makes sure your 2-burst and 3-bust "on paper" kills almost always hit that max ttk. It's quite beautiful, actually.

I don't follow streamers, but I'm going to follow this guy. He's insane and I love his commentary.
my man

I liked it on the Right Side of Wrong in PvP, but there's better perks.
It's really nice on weapons in which you can pair it with range finder or a damage perk. or any weapon with a meaningful recoil that might otherwise cause some body shots to register regularly in your bursts.

Last edited:

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
The only real grind in Savior is getting the Fractaline materials to level up the obelisks + the unreleased final obelisk (Empyrean Foundation). Everything else is basically "do this" + "get that"

You do have to LFG for a "Legendary" (aka 950 LL) sundial that has no matchmaking though

You have to get a million points in nightfalls right? That's worse than leveling up obelisks IMO.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
i5Iiv7.jpg

My first pvp match for a while. Ran the Bastion / Waking Vigil combo and this is going to be fun.

When you see your radar light up, hip-fire pre-charge and you can melt rushers. Bastion is awesome.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
One 100k a week for 10 weeks over a 14 week season, it's not a big deal. If anything the solar kills part of that quest is grindier.

Right but it's all old content and I don't even want to do one nightfall, let alone 10. There is no point in doing them aside from being a stupid requirement for the savior title.

At least with the obelisks I mentioned earlier, you were able to work towards like every new weapon of the season by upgrading them.

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Right but it's all old content and I don't even want to do one nightfall, let alone 10. There is no point in doing them aside from being a stupid requirement for the savior title.

At least with the obelisks I mentioned earlier, you were able to work towards like every new weapon of the season by upgrading them.
If you don't want to run old content how did you ever get hooked on Destiny?

Oct 25, 2017
The IB bounties are easier this time around, right?

Edit: They must be. In 4 matches I'm done with 1 and half done with two others.

Last edited:

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This guy getting mad at me because I shut down his nova warp immediately with Devil's Ruin over and over again, like bruv, what did you think was going to happen when you're using that goofy ass super.

Last edited:

Antoo

May 1, 2019
If I buy the season pass now will I still be able to reach rank 100 without excessive grinding? Also how much of a time sink is the obelisk stuff?

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
You have to get a million points in nightfalls right? That's worse than leveling up obelisks IMO.
That's like 5-6 master nightfalls which aren't really hard these days when everyone is 970+.
If I buy the season pass now will I still be able to reach rank 100 without excessive grinding? Also how much of a time sink is the obelisk stuff?
Pretty easily done by playing like 15-20 hours a week.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
If you want to smash through your Season pass thing, just go to drifter and banshee and stock up on their bounties and rinse it.

Gambit is love, Gambit is life.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
They just autocomplete the rocket launcher step.
Otherwise its unchanged.

Wait, they autocomplete the rocket step? I grinded them out yesterday and made sure to use/get my rocket kills in from the start and thought I just did good planing. Oh well. Still the game I got to the last step was the game I finished it since it filled the "games played" requirement.

And yeah, the weekly quests for pinnacle drops definitely go faster. I got them all done by the time I cleared the main quest chain when last time(last season, not a few weeks ago) it took a lot longer/I didn't finish some.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If you want to smash through your Season pass thing, just go to drifter and banshee and stock up on their bounties and rinse it.

Gambit is love, Gambit is life.

Anyone who actually wanted to get through their pass in a zip would have already done it during the Dawning while they were baking hundreds of cookies for the double XP.

Deleted member 388

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone who actually wanted to get through their pass in a zip would have already done it during the Dawning while they were baking hundreds of cookies for the double XP.
First time with a season pass and I was worried playing only 2 hours a day would put me at a disadvantage. Baking cookies got me to rank 100 in less than two weeks. Baking > shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.